Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

What Would You Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do? (1582 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do? by babymama3: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
A guest,a somewhat close acquaintance gives you a check of $100 at your birthday party
You forget all about it and 2 months later remember it but can't find it
Would you ask for a replacement ?
Does is look odd telling the person or do you just take it as your loss and forget it and leave him / her wondering why a check is uncashed
What would do if you were in my shoes?
Re: What Would You Do? by toofine765: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2013
It is better to let him know you misplaced it, with that all he will need to do is go stop the cheque with his bankers and then issue you with another one. If you don't tell him he might be tempted to think you felt the value was too low which was why you didn't cash it. All the best.
Re: What Would You Do? by coogar: 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
baby_mama: A guest,a somewhat close acquaintance gives you a check of $100 at your birthday party
You forget all about it and 2 months later remember it but can't find it
Would you ask for a replacement ?
Does is look odd telling the person or do you just take it as your loss and forget it and leave him / her wondering why a check is uncashed
What would do if you were in my shoes?

ask for a replacement for a gift she gave you and you lost? you need to be flogged publicly at onitsha market. $100? mtchewwwwwww
Re: What Would You Do? by slimyem: 11:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
toofine765: It is better to let him know you misplaced it, with that all he will need to do is go stop the cheque with his bankers and then issue you with another one. If you don't tell him he might be tempted to think you felt the value was too low which was why you didn't cash it. All the best.
The bolded is the why you should tell him but do not ask for a replacement.That should be at his own discretion.cool
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 1:08am On Mar 28, 2013
coogar:

ask for a replacement for a gift she gave you and you lost? you need to be flogged publicly at onitsha market. $100? mtchewwwwwww

Lol! grin grin grin grin

I think you should let it go. Lol.
Re: What Would You Do? by babymama3: 2:09am On Mar 28, 2013
Coogar sharap! grin
Do you know what I could do with hundred Dollars
That is half a goat plus change or 2 boxes of catfish at the African market
Hundred dollars can buy me a 25 pound bag of pounded yam,a 25 pound bag of rice four,one gallon of palm oil plus a box of plantains.
Re: What Would You Do? by babymama3: 2:10am On Mar 28, 2013
slimyem: The bolded is the why you should tell him but do not ask for a replacement.That should be at his own discretion.cool

So I should tell the person I lost the check
I need more responses,let me know what the majority will advise
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 28, 2013
you just explain to him that you forgot cashing the cheque. He will surely give you another one, but 2 months is damn too long na!
Re: What Would You Do? by jeffizy(m): 3:39am On Mar 28, 2013
baby_mama: Coogar sharap! grin
Hundred dollars can buy me a 25 pound bag of pounded yam ,a 25 pound bag of rice four,one gallon of palm oil plus a box of plantains.
Baby mama is definately far from here with her description @bold.
The best you can do is to tell-it-as-it-is.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do? by obo389(m): 4:45am On Mar 28, 2013
baby_mama:

So I should tell the person I lost the check
I need more responses,let me know what the majority will advise
@ slimyem has said it al.tel d persn u misplaced it by apologisn dt it wz a mistake on ur part buh dnt ask4replacement.let d persn use his discretion2replace it.
shikena!
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 28, 2013

2 Likes

Re: What Would You Do? by BabaOyo(m): 8:18am On Mar 28, 2013
chaircover:

When the person gave you the cheque he/she could afford it then, but you dont know if the person now has other financial obligations and taking that money out now/asking for a replacement may be a financial burden to the person. The person may also feel embarrassed to tell you that he/she cant really afford it right now and so will have to find the money under duress. In short then was a good time for the person to give the gift but you dont know if now is still a good time to give the same gift.

Hmmm....Wise words I must say. Learnt something vital here!
bi omode ba ge igi n'igbo, agbalagba lo Mo ibi to ma wo si!
Re: What Would You Do? by coogar: 9:04pm On Mar 28, 2013
Hundred dollars can buy me a 25 pound bag of pounded yam,a 25 pound bag of rice four,one gallon of palm oil plus a box of plantains.

if the gift was a billy-goat and the goat ran away. would you go back to the giver to provide another goat?
Re: What Would You Do? by Pataki: 3:01am On Mar 30, 2013

If the $100 had that much importance to you, you would not have waited 2months before thinking of cashing the cheque.
Re: What Would You Do? by babymama3: 3:38am On Mar 30, 2013
Una thank you o
Re: What Would You Do? by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Mar 30, 2013
If its a $500 check nko would you still not ask the guy?
Re: What Would You Do? by andyanders: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ak, the door shall be opened to you.Seek you shall find. Since you have not cashed the check, just tell the person that you misplaced the check and can't find it. Also, make sure that it was not cashed by someone else who re-endorsed the check and cashed it.
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
coogar:

if the gift was a billy-goat and the goat ran away. would you go back to the giver to provide another goat?

grin grin

This case is different.

The guy gave a photo of the billy goat, not the goat itself cheesy
Re: What Would You Do? by coogar: 9:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Vikin:
grin grin

This case is different.
The guy gave a photo of the billy goat, not the goat itself cheesy

the photo of the billy goat got lost under the watch of the op....she's fully responsible for the loss. she has no single right to demand another cheque.
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 2:09am On Mar 31, 2013
coogar:

the photo of the billy goat got lost under the watch of the op....she's fully responsible for the loss. she has no single right to demand another cheque.

For me, I would have stated I lost the cheque if it were just fewe days, but considering that it's 2 months....I rather let it lie.

Also, if the cheque is like $1k and above lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do? by 2sexynet: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2013
Madam, how body. You just forget me.

How baby ooh.
Vikin:

For me, I would have stated I lost the cheque if it were just fewe days, but considering that it's 2 months....I rather let it lie.

Also, if the cheque is like $1k and above lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
2sexy, I can't view any message on that email address o. Try and resend .

Baby is fine o, a month now.

How service and wia dem carry u go? Enjoy
Re: What Would You Do? by 2sexynet: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2013
Wow, thats great. Happy for you.

Na Ondo dem put me oh. You remember that snake story on nairaland at an NYSC camp? I was in that room ooh. Na my class mate even alert d OP cos d guy don sleep go village. cheesy cheesy cheesy

I just came back on Thursday night... Dem even say make I wait till friday morning, I say mba... I dey go house biko.

I will resend the email... Thanks.

Vikin: 2sexy, I can't view any message on that email address o. Try and resend .

Baby is fine o, a month now.

How service and wia dem carry u go? Enjoy

(1) (Reply)

A Must Read Four Couples Especially Women. / Nailed!!....reason Why Married Men Cheat And Will Keep Cheating / I Need Advice On How To Handle My Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.