Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (563635 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ghettodreamz(m): 6:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Mowyo:

I need lappy b4 december 31st

Jehovah-jireh shall provide for you in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 15, 2014
ghettodreamz:

Jehovah-jireh shall provide for you in Jesus name, amen.

Amen o
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:10am On Oct 15, 2014
2sexi:
what's the domain that is bringing you this traffic to your white label? Where did you pick it up from?
It is CamModels (couk). The domain is no longer bringing in traffic as it used to do. The only thing keeping the WL going is that a particular customer subscribed for a particular service that auto-renew monthly. In fact, I won't mind selling the domain name.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2014
Shuayb0:
Pls, i have a payoneer card, how do i use it to receive payments for my domain names. Thanks
You'll be better off using the Paypal services rendered by legalwealth. Payoneer was created as a system for merchants to pay their affiliates/users and not really a great way to transfer money between two individuals.

You can still include Payoneer as one of your payment options if you are selling low-priced domains on Namepros or somewhere else.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:22am On Oct 15, 2014
Mowyo:
Keep looking at guys here who have sold some domains like mini gods lol

I hope to sell one too soon,no matter how small,i would need the motivation.

I would stop thinking of names off the top of my head and register tech trend related domains only now.

I need lappy b4 december 31st
Your 'soon' may actually be a year, less or more. Notwithstanding the time, making your first sale (like I did after a year and a month) let you know whether your business model is right.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 15, 2014
oladayo042:
Your 'soon' may actually be a year, less or more. Notwithstanding the time, making your first sale (like I did after a year and a month) let you know whether your business model is right.

Its hard doing this without a laptop,i have to always go to a cafe which i hate sort of.

Any tips,or quick words regarding a business model for domain flipping?

I do read wide on this whole thing but somehow the info i get from nigerians doing the biz is more satisfying than what i read from those foreign websites.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 10:15am On Oct 15, 2014
Mowyo:

Its hard doing this without a laptop,i have to always go to a cafe which i hate sort of.

Any tips,or quick words regarding a business model for domain flipping?

I do read wide on this whole thing but somehow the info i get from nigerians doing the biz is more satisfying than what i read from those foreign websites.
Yeah, doing this business from a cybercafe sucks. What makes it worse is that you can't do some things on your phone, like using the Google Adwords Keyword Planner.

I'll suggest that you do most, nay all, of your domain research using your phone and just go to the cafe when you actually need to use a computer. I started with a Nokia C1 too because my laptop's battery was not good then and I had no money for PC subscription. Research on phone, buy at cafe.

For business model, you'll have to determing that by yourself, depending on a lot of factors like your purse, risk tolerance, etc. By 'business model', I'm referring to your domain strategy. Everyone has their own strategy. Aftermarket? Handreg? If handreg, brandables or future trend? If future trend, what niche? I'll suggest that you read the regular sales report on DNJournal, TLDInvestors and frequent the sales thread on Namepros. Knowing what is selling will help you know what to buy. My current business model is to combine brandables with LKeyword (I mean valuable keywords) domains.

Lastly, please stick to dotcom.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 15, 2014
oladayo042:
Yeah, doing this business from a cybercafe sucks. What makes it worse is that you can't do some things on your phone, like using the Google Adwords Keyword Planner.

I'll suggest that you do most, nay all, of your domain research using your phone and just go to the cafe when you actually need to use a computer. I started with a Nokia C1 too because my laptop's battery was not good then and I had no money for PC subscription. Research on phone, buy at cafe.

For business model, you'll have to determing that by yourself, depending on a lot of factors like your purse, risk tolerance, etc. By 'business model', I'm referring to your domain strategy. Everyone has their own strategy. Aftermarket? Handreg? If handreg, brandables or future trend? If future trend, what niche? I'll suggest that you read the regular sales report on DNJournal, TLDInvestors and frequent the sales thread on Namepros. Knowing what is selling will help you know what to buy. My current business model is to combine brandables with LKeyword (I mean valuable keywords) domains.

Lastly, please stick to dotcom.

Thanks a lot

Lastly where did you sell that your L+ wine domain?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 11:14am On Oct 15, 2014
Mowyo:

Thanks a lot

Lastly where did you sell that your L+ wine domain?
Sedo, with a BIN. I have since then changed all my domains to 'Make Offer'. BIN makes you leave (or think you left) money on the table, even if you did not.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 11:37am On Oct 15, 2014
oladayo042:
Sedo, with a BIN. I have since then changed all my domains to 'Make Offer'. BIN makes you leave (or think you left) money on the table, even if you did not.
but i prefer BIN to make offer
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
oladayo042:

Alright
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Oladayo smiley
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 9:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
2sexi:
Oladayo smiley
Hope I neva talk out of line. I'm still a newbie ooo
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2014
oladayo042:
Hope I neva talk out of line. I'm still a newbie ooo
nope... Not at all. You are doing a nice job.

Let me just add that there are different categories to domaining.

When I say na guerilla I dey do that time, una nor understand. Some felt I was being proud or 'forming'.

If you want consistent cash, you have to target keyword business defining product or services sold.

Take a clue from ChicagoBuilders.com or LasvegasHotels.com Or PropertyForSaleInMichigan.com

Geo + product/services .com

for those asking to rate their domain name... Getting a meaninful domain isn't hard.

Can you string a few words to make a phrase or sentence correctly? I bet yes you can. Now target a business or service... Think western world.

That's all I can say.

4 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by waifeyuk(m): 11:40am On Oct 16, 2014
Big tnk u to 2sexy,mrnesty and all other helpful contriburors in this thread.i have learnt so much as am jst new 2d domain biz.actually heard of this longtym ago,but was skeptical and never made any attempt @it.but after stumbling upon this page abt 5days ago and reading up to page 30(omo e nor easy to read d full thread o,but i go try),i must say am quite convinced of the lucrativeness of this biz and ready to go into it as soon as possible.Abeg @oga 2sexy i want to knw if its now possible to recieve payments thru naija paypal?alternatively is it possible to get d money wired directly to my dom account here in naija?pls.tnk u.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by bsatTech(m): 1:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hello House,

I've been following this thread silently for a while now. Thumbs Up to all the Masters in the house. And shout out to "we" the Newbies too.

Please house do you see any treasure in any of the websites below?

Ghilo.com
HouseOnLease.com
German3dPrinting.com
Neenovo.com
Ospeedo.com
PenFuse.com
Suranda.com
TalkEbola.com/net/info/org
Teenovo.com

Abeg make una help your boy Ooooo.

I remain loyal.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 8:10pm On Oct 16, 2014
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ylordy(m): 11:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
please I need some one to teach me how to buy and sell domain in sedo and go daddy please
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by coldwriter(m): 6:50am On Oct 17, 2014
2sExy1:
just know that no one does this full time, most do it for fun, hobby and part time. Even the king is a movie producer and that's Rick Shwartz
bro pls drop ur email, I'd like to discuss something with you.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Rick Shwartz babaooo,i hail o
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Tekkyboy:
Rick Shwartz babaooo,i hail o
lol. Wetin him do?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Shuayb0(m): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
Pls guys, I'd like to know if someone can still receive payment from sedo even though the US PayPal account is unverified, if not what is the best and easiest way to verify. Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 9:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
Shuayb0:
Pls guys, I'd like to know if someone can still receive payment from sedo even though the US PayPal account is unverified, if not what is the best and easiest way to verify. Thanks.
wrong route,go through the easiest way tru arbitrage or legalwealth.

Just passing
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Tekkyboy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 17, 2014
2sexi:
lol. Wetin him do?
him na big brother domainer ooo
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by bsatTech(m): 9:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
Please guys i need your help on this mail i just received on one of the brandable names i sent to Namerific.

Read the mail below:

Hello xxxxxx,

Your domain xxxxxxx.com has been approved and is now pending verification.

To verify your approved domain, all we ask is that you forward your domain to the Namerific.com homepage or to your domain's sales page so we can verify you have control of the name -- once verification is completed you may use your name however you feel so long as it's content does not discourage or disrupt buyers, although for better sales results we recommend keeping it forwarded to your domain's sale page.

Your unique domain sales page will be www.namerific.com/xxxxxx - replace xxxxxx with your name. Example: If your domain is Biztronic.com you'd forward your domain to http://www.namerific.com/biztronic. After forwarding your domain, our system will periodically check to verify the status of your name (twice per hour). Once verified, you'll be sent an email notifying you your name has been verified, for which we will the begin preparing a description and logo design for it.

Note: If you are unable to forward your domain name (perhaps your domain registrar requires paying to forward it) just contact us, and we can use another method for verifying control of it.

Regards,
Namerific

Please I need guidelines on how to do this.

Regards.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by waifeyuk(m): 1:45am On Oct 18, 2014
2sexi:
lol. Wetin him do?
Oga 2sexy,abeg I dy wait for ur answer o.tnx.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 7:38am On Oct 18, 2014
bsatTech:
Please guys i need your help on this mail i just received on one of the brandable names i sent to Namerific.

Please I need guidelines on how to do this.

Regards.
Congrats on having your name accepted at Namerific. Though it does not mean the name will sell soon, it is good to be on a platform where your name can get more eyeballs.

To forward your name to Namerific, click on 'Launch Domain' under 'My Account' in your GoDaddy account. Then click the downward-facing arrow in front of the domain name you want to forward and click on 'Forward Domain' under the dropdown menu. Enter the namerific.com/xxxxxxx in the address bar and save.

It should be as easy as a walk in the park.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2014
iykepromotions:
but i prefer BIN to make offer
yeah, I like BIN too but with a BIN, you can't know if your price is chasing buyers away or how much the buyer would have been willing to pay.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by OXCUBA: 8:45am On Oct 18, 2014
oladayo042:
yeah, I like BIN too but with a BIN, you can't know if your price is chasing buyers away or how much the buyer would have been willing to pay.
if you be lectural ..... Everybody go pass your course..... thump up.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by enigmatique(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2014
oladayo042:
Congrats on having your name accepted at Namerific. Though it does not mean the name will sell soon, it is good to be on a platform where your name can get more eyeballs.

To forward your name to Namerific, click on 'Launch Domain' under 'My Account' in your GoDaddy account. Then click the downward-facing arrow in front of the domain name you want to forward and click on 'Forward Domain' under the dropdown menu. Enter the namerific.com/xxxxxxx in the address bar and save.

It should be as easy as a walk in the park.
Pardon me Monsieur, but what's the bighie in getting ur domain name accepted at namerific? I thought Sedo was the holy grail of sales sites. So, what is it about Namerific?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2014
Oladayo042

I will counter that putting a make offer vs BIN is decision hugely hinge on demand. The likes of 3D and cloud for instance would be suicidal if you put a BIN but in a case where you are not so sure of what's out there and the demand is quite low, you can include a BIN, except you like the name and do not intended to sell it.

Such is the case of a friend who uses one of his domain to blog. He never wanted to sell. Therefore, he gave the domain name an extended expiry date to 2024.

However, one of the Top tech storage company has been on his neck to sell it to them. They were even willing to cough out 6 figures for the name.

It just depend on the demand. I will practise same for Drone Corporation. Hopefully, by Monday, my name will be on whois so, you can check by then.

It depends on demand bro and whether you are not willing to sell.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2014
OXCUBA:
if you be lectural ..... Everybody go pass your course..... thump up.
How you take know say I like lecturing? You must be a winch! grin grin grin

I just like teaching. In the classroom, out of classroom; young or old; I just like it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.