Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564002 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
ausproxi:
pls boss, can you give me hints on how to sell this domain names ---- xxclusive.com , kfeschool.com , Kevinperfume.com , and the-clements.com .
all these your names get as e be ,anyways for kfeschool.com just google kfeschool and from there you can get prospective buyers,i googled the kfeschool then one of the results i got is a company called kfe limited,they are offering school in frying e.t.c the website link from the google search result is www.kfeltd.co.uk/the-school-of-frying-excellence.html so just check the whois of the website and get the contact details of the owner of the website,then contact him/her and tell them about your domain name kfeschool.com...since the company is creating a school,kfeschool.com will be a good domain for them....

Concerning the xxclusive.com i helped you to google the keyword then from one of the results i discovered that there is a man that is into entertainment business called xxclusive ..i got to know through the link displayed on google results..the link is

vimeo.com/xxclusive just visit the link and search for the conact details of the person and tell him/her that you have a domain name xxclusive.com so if he/she is intersted then you can sell the domain to the person.....to be honest with you those four domains you listed are somehow CRAP!!!but you can still sell them for a very good price.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by benardtotti(m): 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
wakacome:

The auction sites i use are flippa,sedo and godaddy auction....

Concerning your second question it depends on the type of domain you want to sell,for example assuming i want to sell foods.com i will just look for domain name with related keywords like food.com,food.net,i will go to whois.com,check the whois information of the domain food.com,from there i will get the contact details of the person that is the owner of the domain name,then i will contact the person...
thanks for this bro, lemme give u some of d domains I own: agecheat.com,photoshoperz.com,aikihealth.com,xxxtemptations.com,what can u suggest about them?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
benardtotti:
thanks for this bro, lemme give u some of d domains I own: agecheat.com,photoshoperz.com,aikihealth.com,xxxtemptations.com,what can u suggest about them?
xxxtemptations is not really a nice name,but you can just contact the owner of x x and see if they might be interested in your domain name....but the probability of then buying will be less than 50 percent....but you can try your luck...

concerning photoshoperz.com just contact the owner of photoshoppers.com and tell them about your domain name,the person might be interested...,

Concerning agecheat.com just try to google if there is a software or application or game called age cheat,if for example you discover that there is an application or software or game called age cheat then just find out the company or person that is doing it,then contact that person and introduce your domain name agecheat.com to them.....

Aikihealth.com??no comment on it....
Most of your domains are just there,not really special,but even if your domain is not really very nice just know that you can still sell it to someone that will or might need it...goodluck.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 27, 2015
I need a guide as a beginner into this business. Pls, can someone help in guiding newbies like me?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by aydj(m): 6:53am On Apr 27, 2015
E360dg:
I need a guide as a beginner into this business. Pls, can someone help in guiding newbies like me?
I am a newbie just like you too maybe just a couple of weeks into this stuffs. You may have to read through this whole thread to bring yourself up to speed. Here is a link (tutorial on domaining from basics to advanced) which helped me in addition to reading this thread:
http://www.igoldrush.com/domain-guide/domain-names-advanced/finding-and-buying-expired-domain-names

In short, you will have to read and find out stuffs yourself. Hope this helps....
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2015
wakacome:
For example you can create a short email that offers the domain for sale along with benefits
of ownership.

Customize the text for your situation. Including the price is
a decision for you to make. Something like:

*Hello,*

*Since you are in the domain business or you have a business online, I thought you might like to know
that I am selling the domain name ***you put yóur domain name there**

*Then tell the person the domain can be forwarded to their existing site to capture some
pre-qualified leads from people who type in the domains into their browser.*

*Tell them that the domain should serve work to their advantage in the search engines and
in Internet and offline marketing campaigns.*

*Tell them this is a very short term, first come first served opportunity. Tell the person you are
contacting other businesses today about this opportunity.*

*tell the person yóu will sell this domain for _________.*enter the amount which you want to sell the domain for**

Then add your contact info.*...
Then make sure you Follow up with phone calls and to interested parties and good
prospects....
...Just be creative,or if you know you are not good with creative business proposal then you can just simply call the person and talk to them on phone about your domain...goodluck.
thanks bro for this great piece, I really really appreciate. Please what payment method did you use for your godaddy auction account
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by wisehouse(m): 8:07am On Apr 27, 2015
wakacome:
For example you can create a short email that offers the domain for sale along with benefits
of ownership.

Customize the text for your situation. Including the price is
a decision for you to make. Something like:

*Hello,*

*Since you are in the domain business or you have a business online, I thought you might like to know
that I am selling the domain name ***you put yóur domain name there**

*Then tell the person the domain can be forwarded to their existing site to capture some
pre-qualified leads from people who type in the domains into their browser.*

*Tell them that the domain should serve work to their advantage in the search engines and
in Internet and offline marketing campaigns.*

*Tell them this is a very short term, first come first served opportunity. Tell the person you are
contacting other businesses today about this opportunity.*

*tell the person yóu will sell this domain for _________.*enter the amount which you want to sell the domain for**

Then add your contact info.*...
Then make sure you Follow up with phone calls and to interested parties and good
prospects....
...Just be creative,or if you know you are not good with creative business proposal then you can just simply call the person and talk to them on phone about your domain...goodluck.
thanks a lot
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 27, 2015
Hello everyone,

I've been a silent reader for quite awhile I got here because I was looking for a cheaper way to register a domain name for my blog Lol. Now that I'm interested in domaining...I've a few questions.

When registering domains without privacy setting has anyone ever gotten spammed.?
I got an email from xxxxx@domainsubmissions.club

Secondly I noticed that there are websites with godaddy coupons that say privacy settings discount. Has anyone tried one that worked? I used one and my details were still there in the whois.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 27, 2015
fighal:
thanks bro for this great piece, I really really appreciate. Please what payment method did you use for your godaddy auction account
i used my credit card.......
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2015
wakacome:
i used my credit card.......
how please. I already joined the auction but couldn't list my domain because I was asked to chose a method to receive my payment. And I don't have a paypal address that receive money. Secondly I don't understand that good as gold. Saw sumtin like paying $100 for it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 27, 2015
fighal:
how please. I already joined the auction but couldn't list my domain because I was asked to chose a method to receive my payment. And I don't have a paypal address that receive money. Secondly I don't understand that good as gold. Saw sumtin like paying $100 for it
is it showing paypal as the only payment method

Forget good as gold and concentrate on the basic auction type!!!!
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 27, 2015
wakacome:
is it showing paypal as the only payment method

Forget good as gold and concentrate on the basic auction type!!!!
yea showing only paypal and good as gold
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 11:08am On Apr 27, 2015
babazak, please hold on payment o. Nobody is saying anything about payment yet. Should we cancel the idea and interested person could buy by themselves individually?

On side note: Bidding on a name which I shall mention at the end of the auction and I will give details on why I chose the name. currently winning at $205
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 11:31am On Apr 27, 2015
Let me share the one purchased last week.

Trade Review dot com

Total cost $195

Reasons for the purchase:

Page Rank: 3 --This does not really mean much but since it came with it, it's an added ice on the cake

Where I will sell it: Flippa.

How much to be spent: $240 for promotion on flippa so as to get more eyes on it. And this bring total cost to almost $500

Why would I want to spend that much? I have been studying the kind of names sold on flippa for a while now, come down from couple of months back and I have noticed that review names sell pretty well. My domain would have been even better had it ended with "s" and there is a live website on the plural version. Sadly no contact link to get to the owner of that one.

From my observations, names like this sell for as much as $3,000-$10,000, at least the ones I have seen sold on there are in that range, the lowest being $3200. They are often aged names which is one of the prime factors and determinant of successful auction ran on flippa.

This is not to say that I will get same result, I may not but it's all based on speculations and huge risk on my, but worth taking. I blame no one for the outcome of this venture.

Echo Device dot com that had to with Amazon is still on process. I contacted the founder of Amazon directly and I got a reply on his behalf from his marketing division requesting that I resend the proposal via Air Mail. Probably that's their business culture when dealing with proposals. It sounded weird but I had to oblige and a second thought revealed that if they weren't interested, they would have stated it out-rightly via email. Nothing is guaranteed yet but all green so far.

Sent out emails for 49 names last month, contact the company last week and I was told that the list had be forwarded to colleague and no news from the said colleague yet...

That's all folks!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2015
Bump

Can anyone answer my questions?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by fursh(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2015
2sex:

I've made payment already for the ebook. Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by benardtotti(m): 1:10pm On Apr 27, 2015
wakacome:
xxxtemptations is not really a nice name,but you can just contact the owner of x x and see if they might be interested in your domain name....but the probability of then buying will be less than 50 percent....but you can try your luck...

concerning photoshoperz.com just contact the owner of photoshoppers.com and tell them about your domain name,the person might be interested...,

Concerning agecheat.com just try to google if there is a software or application or game called age cheat,if for example you discover that there is an application or software or game called age cheat then just find out the company or person that is doing it,then contact that person and introduce your domain name agecheat.com to them.....

Aikihealth.com??no comment on it....
Most of your domains are just there,not really special,but even if your domain is not really very nice just know that you can still sell it to someone that will or might need it...goodluck.
thanks boss! I just checked up photoshoppers.com on whois and its actually available on godaddy, though its a premium domain so its pricey, $2.300, so am checking up photoshoppers.net cos it has an owner,would drop some more info later, as for xxxtemptations I already had offers on namepros, but nothing finalized yet, wwould keep the house informed.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
See why I said it's good to keep certain things secret? A name I mentioned above has been announced on domaining.com and someone has outbid me. grin grin grin That's how we role.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
fursh:

I've made payment already for the ebook. Thanks
I still haven't gotten alert of the said payment at press time. Could you contact the person that did the payment and possibly request for screentshot from him/her?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by TerraByte(m): 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2015
Choi...Domaining.. Not as easy as it looks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by babazak(m): 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
2sex:
babazak, please hold on payment o. Nobody is saying anything about payment yet. Should we cancel the idea and interested person could buy by themselves individually?

On side note: Bidding on a name which I shall mention at the end of the auction and I will give details on why I chose the name. currently winning at $205

Sorry the payment has been made this morning before your post. I hope others will pay up. Should incase nobody show further interest, we can split the cost into two
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by tranxo(m): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
2sex:

my payment will be made tomorrow morning
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2015
babazak:

Sorry the payment has been made this morning before your post. I hope others will pay up. Should incase nobody show further interest, we can split the cost into two

@fursh and babazak, I can now say I have seen the payments, though alert hasn't been sent and I had check it online.

Therefore only 2 persons has paid amounting 4k total and mine making it 6k
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by islet(f): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
I sent an email and got no response. No details at all. I sent another email yesterday but still no response. eurobigdata@gmail.com doesn't respond. I would have transferred immediately but I guess I'm still in limbo.

2sex If there is a way we could chat one on one I'd really like that.

And I didn't go outbid u. I won't do shady stuff like that. Just for the records and transparency.

And lastly please don't share info about a deal till you are thru with it. Not so wise.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2015
islet:
I sent an email and got no response. No details at all. I sent another email yesterday but still no response. eurobigdata@gmail.com doesn't respond. I would have transferred immediately but I guess I'm still in limbo.

2sex If there is a way we could chat one on one I'd really like that.

And I didn't go outbid u. I won't do shady stuff like that. Just for the records and transparency.

And lastly please don't share info about a deal till you are thru with it. Not so wise.

am on the go right now.will get back to you soon.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 10:52pm On Apr 27, 2015
TerraByte:
Choi...Domaining.. Not as easy as it looks.
grin grin grin
I guess the topic of the thread and past sales is what 's enticing many....
Maybe you prolly need a huge dose of patience......
Goto "Report completed domain sales" on namepros, bookmark and feed on it. That has been my source of motivation during those domaining trying times.grin

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 12:58am On Apr 28, 2015
chinedulivingstone:
go to the bank and ask them to activate the Ipin for you tell them you can't use it online they will open it for you,and pls do make sure they is money in the card
I have finally solved it, the ATM pin change wasn't successful though I thought it was until customer care told me different and then the UBA staff member who input my details into their data base made an error of changing my month of birth so I couldn't Verify by Visa as the info. I gave wasn't tallying with what that person put there. It has been resolved now.Thanks for your suggestions.God bless.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by jonescyras(m): 8:54am On Apr 28, 2015
Would love it if my question is answered...

.i think of bidding and if lucky, buying domains with more than 10 bidders. I know this aint easy.. But if u throw a coin 5 times.. There are probabilities of the two sides showing up.

And lets say i have d name bought and keep for about 6month-1yr.. What is the assuarance of selling this domain with at least an iota of profit?. Registering names these days aint easy. What do u guys think?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2015
BJ4REEL:

grin grin grin
I guess the topic of the thread and past sales is what 's enticing many....
Maybe you prolly need a huge dose of patience......
Goto "Report completed domain sales" on namepros, bookmark and feed on it. That has been my source of motivation during those domaining trying times.grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sex(m): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2015
If you would like to watch videos and learn from the best of the best in the industry, have enough data to download and watch, then use this YouTube channel from DomainSherpa.com

https://www.youtube.com/user/domainsherpa/videos

Happy Viewing

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Manweysabi(m): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2015
^^^ you dey change handle too much undecided
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by BJ4REEL(m): 10:29am On Apr 28, 2015
2sex:
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
hehe.....una see say oga @d top sef no fit deny am.grin
I know say we plenty on top the matter, the number of hits to the NP thread sef, says it all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.