Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564295 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Dewtor(m): 3:05am On Apr 02, 2016
Weldone Chibenze, I want to list my domain for sale at godaddy auction site but they said i need to provide a payee account which cannot be changed again before i can proceed. Please how do i go about this now. Which type of account do they want. If it is paypal, I cannot receive money into my Nigerian Paypal account. Please help out my brother
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 3:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Dewtor:
Weldone Chibenze, I want to list my domain for sale at godaddy auction site but they said i need to provide a payee account which cannot be changed again before i can proceed. Please how do i go about this now. Which type of account do they want. If it is paypal, I cannot receive money into my Nigerian Paypal account. Please help out my brother
1)You can insert the paypal email of any trusted exchanger assuming thier was an option to add your paypal detail.
2) get a dom account and use it as your payment option
3) godaddy can also pay you via check.
4) i saw an option where you can added your nigeria account no to receive fund in naire. Note: for 4) fund must be above $1k

Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Dewtor(m): 9:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
Chibenze:

1)You can insert the paypal email of any trusted exchanger assuming thier was an option to add your paypal detail.
2) get a dom account and use it as your payment option
3) godaddy can also pay you via check.
4) i saw an option where you can added your nigeria account no to receive fund in naire. Note: for 4) fund must be above $1k

Good luck
Thank you for been here for us.

If i decide to use my dom account, am scared that the charges might be much. Please do you have an idea of the possible charges for using dom account.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Dewtor:

Thank you for been here for us.

If i decide to use my dom account, am scared that the charges might be much. Please do you have an idea of the possible charges for using dom account.
It depend charges are between $25 to $40. So market place (pls google) can send fund to you without any additional charges. So it depend on the market place.. You can contact the support of each market to inquire abt their charges etc.

Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexycom(m): 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Dewtor(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
Chibenze:

It depend charges are between $25 to $40. So market place (pls google) can send fund to you without any additional charges. So it depend on the market place.. You can contact the support of each market to inquire abt their charges etc.

Good luck

Thank you bros.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 06, 2016
chuksmad:
Gurus in the house, can somebody explain to me this scenario.
I registered this domain bofka dot com and place the price 1000. As i go to godaddy and search for it, it was showing available under Auction.
Current bid $1000, does it mean that the domain is under bidding and how will i see the details of bidding?
means your domain is actively displayed for buyers.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 06, 2016
Jdesigns:

Its either u open a paypal acct dat recieves fund or use the other option if u no want wahala:
The other option is just for you to open a fresh email address specifically for paypal funds and in the godaddy payment option, you select paypal account and use the just opened email address as your paypal acct details.

With dis wen someone pays into that email address via paypal you would receive a mail from paypal in that mailbox that you wre sent a paypal fund and u should open an account to receive the fund, you den need to look for pips dat buy paypal funds lik the exchangers and give dem your email address to add to their paypal acct email info, once dis is done they will receive the fund on ur behalf. Also once they get the fund you have to tell dem to delete your email address from their paypal acct.

You continue this circle once u continue to receive paypal funds.

Hope this helps
great...

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Just sold Spicenrice dot com for $250 bought this name for $35

This a another example of what i wrote in page 252...

Note:This are all my personal experience as a newbie not from any ebook, guru, etc

END User's is everything (as a newbie like me).

If you are a newbie like me and want to start making sales and understanding how to choose a good/ quality domain... this tips is for you (page 252)

Now i will be repeating again how to buy/ sell/ choose good and quality domains

Gurus take note: This info is for newbies like me only

Now for the newbies before you register any domain there are three main step to take.

1. google, 2. endusers, 3).Meaning. note all this step are all pointing to end users.

someone may ask who are end users? end users are the consumers aka final users of a product (domain).

i repeat before registering or buying any domain please follow this step as a newbie.

to make this easy and more understandable i will be using Spicenrice (dot) com (spiceNrice) as a case study

i saw this domain on auction, mere looking at the name it is a nonsense domain lol cheesy but i bought it

someone may ask why? don't worry i am about to tell you why cheesy

1) Google: once you see a domain that you like as a newbie the first thing you should do is google it using the actual keyword of the domain, for example i google 'spicenrice' type it on google now and hit the search button. you will notice there are more than 15 users using that keyword as the site name, if you check page 2,3,4 etc you will see other site using that keyword...

so what comes into you mind after seeing all those site like spicenrice .net, spicenriceks .com , spicenrice .se, spicenriceco .com etc? smiley

someone say END Use... wink

2) End users: You will notice after i hit the search button on google many site using the keyword like i mention above showed up..... this are the end user.... i repeat this are the end users angry i saw it again this are the end users . if you see no end users pls don't bother to buy the domain, a domain should have atleast 5 and above quality end users before you purchase the domain as a newbie (it depend on ur research sha)
end users is the root/ growth of any business if you don't have end users (enough end users) am sorry it may be difficulty to excel well oh, you fry akara and no end users to buy chia embarassed. As a newbie please you must have end users before purchasing any domain for now, so you will not crash. End users are the gold all miners are looking for. In other to sale your domains you must have end users.

3) A domain need to have a meaning, ask yourself why are people using this keyword for there site?
what service or product do they sell? are their chances they maybe interested to purchase my domain? what is their financial strength?
if they are just selling AKARA will they have the interest/ cash to buy my domain since they are selling akara or fish roll grin etc

when you ask your self all this questions or more with an open mind, you will have an answer to buy the domain or not.

Please i beg you visit page 252 of this thread to read more about this as a newbie.

once you notice there a more end users and you have check all the step/ question above.

Someone may ask what next?

simple answer: you take the risk and purchase the domain... did i just mention risks shocked shocked shocked

yes i did. what will you do? angry

Every Business is a risk but the difference is when it is a well researched calculated risk wink tongue

Again what next after purchasing the domain?

is that a question? sad

Start contacting end users that has they keyword of your domain jor (like the example of end users above, i contacted almost all of them). the more the end users the more chance you sell your domain. contact them and make a sale. the amount of cash you make is base on your negotiation skills/ financial strength of the end users.
wish i know how to negotiate well sad i am still learn sha hoping to improve/ become better

please take note: after all the above you may sell the domain immediately or not but the end result is: you now own a good / quality domain that will sell soon or later because the demand base on the lots of end users is high.someone will contact you some day to purchase the domain if only you are patent to wait till that day. please don't ask me which day exactly smiley.

I have sold many domain names using this method, yes many domains. still improving and learn to gain more experience i will share with you guys.

This is all for today.

Note: forget my bad english language oh, just get the point am trying to pass and move on.... i have bought an English text book to study grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

my heart desire to all Nigeria domainers is for us all to succeed, excel and shake the world of domain world wide, make sales like pure water lol cheesy and most importantly give our country a good name. please don't spoil our country reputation, always have our country Nigeria in mind when transaction business with people.
I pledge to Nigeria my country to be loyal and honest. what about You?

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 07, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chibenze:

Note:This are all my personal experience as a newbie not from any ebook, guru, etc

If you are a newbie like me and want to start making sales and understanding how to choose a good/ quality domain... this tips is for you (page 252)

Now for the newbies before you register any domain there are three main step to take.

1. google, 2. endusers, 3).Meaning. note all this step are all pointing to end users.

someone may ask who are end users? end users are the consumers aka final users of a product (domain).

i repeat before registering or buying any domain please follow this step as a newbie.

to make this easy and more understandable i will be using Spicenrice (dot) com (spiceNrice) as a case study

i saw this domain on auction, mere looking at the name it is a nonsense domain lol cheesy but i bought it

1) Google: once you see a domain that you like as a newbie the first thing you should do is google it using the actual keyword of the domain, for example i google 'spicenrice' type it on google now and hit the search button. you will notice there are more than 15 users using that keyword as the site name, if you check page 2,3,4 etc you will see other site using that keyword...

so what comes into you mind after seeing all those site like spicenrice .net, spicenriceks .com , spicenrice .se, spicenriceco .com etc? smiley

2) End users: You will notice after i hit the search button on google many site using the keyword like i mention above showed up..... this are the end user.... i repeat this are the end users angry i saw it again this are the end users . if you see no end users pls don't bother to buy the domain, a domain should have atleast 5 and above quality end users before you purchase the domain as a newbie (it depend on ur research sha)
end users is the root/ growth of any business if you don't have end users (enough end users) am sorry it may be difficulty to excel well oh, you fry akara and no end users to buy chia embarassed. As a newbie please you must have end users before purchasing any domain for now, so you will not crash. End users are the gold all miners are looking for. In other to sale your domains you must have end users.

3) A domain need to have a meaning, ask yourself why are people using this keyword for there site?
what service or product do they sell? are their chances they maybe interested to purchase my domain? what is their financial strength?
if they are just selling AKARA will they have the interest/ cash to buy my domain since they are selling akara or fish roll grin etc

when you ask your self all this questions or more with an open mind, you will have an answer to buy the domain or not.

Please i beg you visit page 252 of this thread to read more about this as a newbie.

once you notice there a more end users and you have check all the step/ question above.

simple answer: you take the risk and purchase the domain... did i just mention risks shocked shocked shocked

Every Business is a risk but the difference is when it is a well researched calculated risk wink tongue

is that a question? sad

Start contacting end users that has they keyword of your domain jor (like the example of end users above, i contacted almost all of them). the more the end users the more chance you sell your domain. contact them and make a sale. the amount of cash you make is base on your negotiation skills/ financial strength of the end users.
wish i know how to negotiate well sad i am still learn sha hoping to improve/ become better

please take note: after all the above you may sell the domain immediately or not but the end result is: you now own a good / quality domain that will sell soon or later because the demand base on the lots of end users is high.someone will contact you some day to purchase the domain if only you are patent to wait till that day. please don't ask me which day exactly smiley.

I have sold many domain names using this method, yes many domains. still improving and learn to gain more experience i will share with you guys.

This is all for today.

Note: forget my bad english language oh, just get the point am trying to pass and move on.... i have bought an English text book to study grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

my heart desire to all Nigeria domainers is for us all to succeed, excel and shake the world of domain world wide, make sales like pure water lol cheesy and most importantly give our country a good name. please don't spoil our country reputation, always have our country Nigeria in mind when transaction business with people.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

What a nice concepts!. Noted, and I wish to re-publish this on my blog. off course with a reference to this your forum post or to your blog. Can I go ahead with it?
Or alternatively, if you will like to write another article for me to publish on my same blog. This is more preferable to me than for me to even publish your article.

However, this is for free and I can as well pay back with another service for you.

Cheers.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2016
expertix:

What a nice concepts!. Noted, and I wish to re-publish this on my blog. off course with a reference to this your forum post. Can I go ahead with it?

Cheers.
Thanks bro.

Hmmm for ur request... Ok go ahead but na nairaland u dey give credit to oh?

Better you make it as a guest post with my name then a link to nairaland tongue .
check whois of ---
Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 1:39pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chibenze:

Thanks bro.

Hmmm for ur request... Ok go ahead but na nairaland u dey give credit to oh?

Better you make it as a guest post with my name then a link to nairaland tongue .
check whois of chikamso dot com to get my name.
Good luck

I understand, if you have any other blog I can link to.

Thanks. Cheers.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 1:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
expertix:

I understand, if you have any other blog I can link to that or do you prefer me to linkback to ----.

Thanks. Cheers.
Ok link to NigeriaGuardian.com

But don't forget to include my name.

Please remove my domain name from ur post above.

Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by schoolboi: 4:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
congratulation on your sale.please I want to ask for newbie like me will you recommend that we follow.
1. should we buy domain form auction sites or we buy dropped domain from expired domains.net
Chibenze:

is that a question? sad

This is all for today.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chibenze:

Ok link to NigeriaGuardian.com

But don't forget to include my name.

Please remove my domain name from ur post above.

Good luck

Posted: http://www.cctldmarket.com/2016/04/how-to-identify-potential-domain-names.html
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2016
schoolboi:
congratulation on your sale.please I want to ask for newbie like me will you recommend that we follow.
1. should we buy domain form auction sites or we buy dropped domain from expired domains.net
Nice question.
I started as a newbie to buy from drop domains but when i keep getting small small cash i started buying from auction sites as a newbie too and i must say it is the best and some how easy than searching on drop domains (more 3milloin domains drop a day)

so as a newbie like me, if you have the small cash i will advice you to buy from auction sites.

Take the bull by the horn lol.

Good luck

Good Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by gen2lpat(m): 9:51am On Apr 08, 2016
I have Questions,

1. Must a domain have good Similarweb, PR, and CPC before I can register?

2. What are the best filters to use to easily navigate to good domains?

3. Godaddy.com, on changing the NS said "Record is read only, modification denied". What could I have done wrong?

4. Chibenz, Can you please create a whatsapp group to help newbies. This biz needs 24/7 response cos one could miss out on real money waiting for his/her question(s) to be answered here.

Thanks alot for your input so far. God bless
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by gen2lpat(m): 9:52am On Apr 08, 2016
Chibenze:

Nice question.
I started as a newbie to buy from drop domains but i i keep getting small small cash i started buying from auction sites as a newbie and i must say it is the best and some how easy than search on drop domains.

so as a newbie like me, if you have the small cash i will advice you to buy from auction sites.

Take the bull by the horn lol.

Good luck

Good Bless Nigeria

Could you please list the auction sites. Really need to check them out. Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:27am On Apr 08, 2016
gen2lpat:
I have Questions,

1. Must a domain have good Similarweb, PR, and CPC before I can register?

2. What are the best filters to use to easily navigate to good domains?

3. Godaddy.com, on changing the NS said "Record is read only, modification denied". What could I have done wrong?

4. Chibenz, Can you please create a whatsapp group to help newbies. This biz needs 24/7 response cos one could miss out on real money waiting for his/her question(s) to be answered here.

Thanks alot for your input so far. God bless
1. Not neccessary but if it has those features it is a plus.
2. every auction site has filter e.g only .com, number of age, hypen or not, number or not etc...u r they one to choose/ filter.
3. Trying use a computer

4. Am sorry bro creating a whatsapp group is not neccessary, this thread is enough to learn and it will also benefit the society at large.
Also am still a newbie incase i answered wrongly the gurus here will correct me.

Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Chibenze(m): 10:30am On Apr 08, 2016
gen2lpat:

Could you please list the auction sites. Really need to check them out. Thanks
Google it bro. There are so many auction sites e.g dynadot.com, godaddy.com, namecheap.com, namejet.com etc that all have auction

Good luck
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexycom(m): 6:15am On Apr 09, 2016
get this domain if you like it. https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=191788426 ending today
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ewuoso2002(m): 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2016
Chibenze:

is that a question? sad

This is all for today.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

Thanks for d revision bro,
cos this is a revision to me lol grin
based on spicenrice, on page 2 and 3 of google, it seems there are no endusers there, or im i wrong cos though those site have spicenrise in their names like these two vaxjocity.se/spice-n-rice and comm.se/sv/Butikerna/Cafe.../Spice-N-Rice/ or even gallerianeskilstuna.se/.../Spice‘nRice.aspx and utrip.com/plan-travel/ireland/dublin/spice-n-rice/. Please no mind my dull brain differentiating an enduser from just a website still eludes me, pls correct my errors bro
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ewuoso2002(m): 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
2sexycom:
get this domain if you like it. https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=191788426 ending today
Before u post this here i am sure u have contacted d endusers and no reply, or i'm i wrong.
why do u want we newbie to get this.
its a good domain i know but on godaddy its way to cost cos they will impose a year reg fee, i can get it for $20 if ur min price is not reached.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexycom(m): 5:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
ewuoso2002:

Before u post this here i am sure u have contacted d endusers and no reply, or i'm i wrong.
why do u want we newbie to get this.
its a good domain i know but on godaddy its way to cost cos they will impose a year reg fee, i can get it for $20 if ur min price is not reached.
if you ever see me post anything like this here again, call me an idiot.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by gen2lpat(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
2sexycom:

You are too sexy to be like this na. Pele... We need you here.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ewuoso2002(m): 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
2sexycom:
Please bro no mind my running mouth, u know now as a newbie we are always curious, people ay na d adult way no dey ves dey get plenty children, abeg no ves.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexycom(m): 5:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
gen2lpat:

You are too sexy to be like this na. Pele... We need you here.
One question he failed to ask himself is, can I pick all the domain names? My hands are full already. The time he spent to write all those questions could have been used to do more research before assuming. I didnt force anyone to buy it after all, I am not Godaddy and it is not like the money paid for it will get to me.

I have 4 domains already and adding another one is like stretching me too tin. This is why I just mind my business and space most times and at the end they would feel this guy is too pompous or arrogant. Do I get paid for anything I do here? Yet someone paid me $300 to share my knowledge. which I gladly did, same thing most get here for free but hardly appreciate it.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by 2sexycom(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
ewuoso2002:

Please bro no mind my running mouth, u know now as a newbie we are always curious, people ay na d adult way no dey ves dey get plenty children, abeg no ves.
I no vex na the time wey u waste to ask me those question wey u for use run small research na hin make reply like that.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by ewuoso2002(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2016
2sexycom:
One question he failed to ask himself is, can I pick all the domain names? My hands are full already. The time he spent to write all those questions could have been used to do more research before assuming. I didnt force anyone to buy it after all, I am not Godaddy and it is not like the money paid for it will get to me.

I have 4 domains already and adding another one is like stretching me too tin. This is why I just mind my business and space most times and at the end they would feel this guy is too pompous or arrogant. Do I get paid for anything I do here? Yet someone paid me $300 to share my knowledge. which I gladly did, same thing most get here for free but hardly appreciate it.
bro my bad i tot d domain is urs and dt u r d one auctioning it, i am really sorry. Please pardon my badness. I am truly really sorry.
Pls whats d dif btw GD Closeouts and Gd Expired
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nostalgia21(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
hello everyone. Please how do i get a refund from godaddy for autorenewal. I got billed N4,400 for a domain name i don't need anymore. I bought the domain name around april last year. I need your help guys. Cc: 2sexycom

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.