Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? (1667 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / Backsliders have to return to the lord now cos the time is so short. / Four Types Of Backsliders - Zac Poonen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by ZACHIE: 7:09pm On Mar 28, 2013
It is no joy to backslide, especially if you come from a strong Christian background.
Even at that, what verses of the Bible remains entrenched in your subconscious mind forever.
For me:
JOHN 3:16 ``For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believe in him will not perish but have everlasting life``

Then
Though i walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, i fear no evil, for thou hath with me.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Afam4eva(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
John 3:16 is the most popular bible verse that almost if not all Christians know.

Personally, i can't forget 2 Samauel chapter 2:1-end
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by ZACHIE: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva
I read the passage and cant see the unforgettable experience in that passage.
Talking of David, i think for me, the most memorable will be in 2 Samuel 22:30 When he summarized his various battles.
``For, by you i leapt over the wall``
Teach me, i want to see what you saw in that passage
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Goshen360(m): 7:50pm On Mar 28, 2013
^^ Are you a backslider? We don't want you back in the world because that's where you were called FROM in the first place. Tell me if you're a backslider and the word can prevail again in you. Thank you.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Afam4eva(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
ZACHIE: Afam4eva
I read the passage and cant see the unforgettable experience in that passage.
Talking of David, i think for me, the most memorable will be in 2 Samuel 22:30 When he summarized his various battles.
``For, by you i leapt over the wall``
Teach me, i want to see what you saw in that passage

I didn't realize that the OP was talking about the unforgettable experience in the passage or something deep. I just stated a bible passage that i can recite from the beginning to the end.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Paschal007: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2013
Am not a backslider o. But this verse does it for me. One of the memorable and unforgettable in the bible. With the way things are going sef you can't help but feel this prophecy will come to pass in our generation. undecided

Isaiah4:1 "In that day so few men will be left that seven women will fight for each man, saying, "Let us all marry you! We will provide our own food and clothing. Only let us take your name so we won't be mocked as old maids." cheesy
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 8:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
Am not a backslider but amma troubled christian. A full blooded guy like me with a very high libido abstaining from sex (the greatest tool satan is using against humanity) is really troubling especially wen those wicked urges come and am like God come and take control of ur boy o cos I battle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. Well, even b4 I became born.again, i love this verse alot 1st timothy 4:12"let no man despise thy youth, but be an examples to other believers in life, love, faith and purity" i also love d context in john 7vs 38 "for those dat believes in me, for the scriptures says, 'out of their bellY shall flow, rivers of living waters'" I also love 1st and and corinthians and I also love d context in d book of joshua and so on... Omg,the word of God is so sweet, Jesus is sweet, God is extremely very awesome. Dear backslidders, give him a chance in ur life, if not for end times things but for the fact that He 'll perfect ur ways despite ur iniquities, pls.....
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Afam4eva(m): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2013
Les: Am not a backslider but amma troubled christian. A full blooded guy like me with a very high libido abstaining from sex (the greatest tool satan is using against humanity) is really troubling especially wen those wicked urges come and am like God come and take control of ur boy o cos I battle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. Well, even b4 I became born.again, i love this verse alot 1st timothy 4:12"let no man despise thy youth, but be an examples to other believers in life, love, faith and purity" i also love d context in john 7vs 38 "for those dat believes in me, for the scriptures says, 'out of their bellY shall flow, rivers of living waters'" I also love 1st and and corinthians and I also love d context in d book of joshua and so on... Omg,the word of God is so sweet, Jesus is sweet, God is extremely very awesome. Dear backslidders, give him a chance in ur life, if not for end times things but for the fact that He 'll perfect ur ways despite ur iniquities, pls.....
I think that's part of what backsliding means. Backsliding is not the same thing as the moonwalk. As long as you're doing things that are contrary to the will of God then you're backsliding.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 8:53pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think that's part of what backsliding means. Backsliding is not the same thing as the moonwalk. As long as you're doing things that are contrary to the will of God then you're backsliding.
and wat is moonwalk? And how is having high libido contrary to d will of God??
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Afam4eva(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2013
Les: and wat is moonwalk? And how is having high libido contrary to d will of God??
You gave us the impression that your high libido has led you to do some sexxual things. But reasing your post again, it seems it wasn't explicitly stated.

*Moonwalking is that popular dance that Micheal Jackson was known for. It's also called "Backsliding"
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Afam4eva:
You gave us the impression that your high libido has led you to do some sexxual things. But reasing your post again, it seems it wasn't explicitly stated.

*Moonwalking is that popular dance that Micheal Jackson was known for. It's also called "Backsliding"
bros read it again, again again and again, I only said I have a high libido and it's not easy on me. I never said that it leads me to do any sillytin after ol paul said that if you can hold urself, it's better not to marry but it's bad not to get married AND BURN WITH PASSION- dat's in corinth. But cant rem. d exact chapter and verse. Temptation is not sin, it's only wen you fall into it dat becomes sin. Mind u, I never said it leads me to anything but tempts me to.......
Oh yeah, d moonwalking tin, now i remember- i try forgetting anything worldly music wen I first had d knowledge of illuminati. I read it's how demons walk in hell? Well, na dem sabi.
Dear christians, stand firm, fear not for d end of journey is almost near, I hope u know dat d anti-christ and d mark of d beast have been set ready, just waiting for the trumpet to sound (rapture) to activate it. Fear not, for the Lord is with u....
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Segunagagu(m): 12:49am On Mar 29, 2013
Les: Am not a backslider but amma troubled christian. A full blooded guy like me with a very high libido abstaining from sex (the greatest tool satan is using against humanity) is really troubling especially wen those wicked urges come and am like God come and take control of ur boy o cos I battle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers. Well, even b4 I became born.again, i love this verse alot 1st timothy 4:12"let no man despise thy youth, but be an examples to other believers in life, love, faith and purity" i also love d context in john 7vs 38 "for those dat believes in me, for the scriptures says, 'out of their bellY shall flow, rivers of living waters'" I also love 1st and and corinthians and I also love d context in d book of joshua and so on... Omg,the word of God is so sweet, Jesus is sweet, God is extremely very awesome. Dear backslidders, give him a chance in ur life, if not for end times things but for the fact that He 'll perfect ur ways despite ur iniquities, pls.....
Oooooooo my God. Plsssssssss have u found a way in which I can kill d sexual urge in my body...I AM REALLY BATTLING WITH IT. Though I have stopped fornicating since last year when I became born again..but dere is dat spirit in me dat want to do it...am sorry to say..dat I can't resist temptation..GOD plsssssssss do something. Plsssss wat I can I do...I LOVE GOD and I don't want to offend him at all...I hate SIN..anytyme I sin. I feel GOD is going to be angry with me and can destroy me at any tyme. #crying#
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Segunagagu(m): 12:56am On Mar 29, 2013
Les: bros read it again, again again and again, I only said I have a high libido and it's not easy on me. I never said that it leads me to do any sillytin after ol paul said that if you can hold urself, it's better not to marry but it's bad not to get married AND BURN WITH PASSION- dat's in corinth. But cant rem. d exact chapter and verse. Temptation is not sin, it's only wen you fall into it dat becomes sin. Mind u, I never said it leads me to anything but tempts me to.......
Oh yeah, d moonwalking tin, now i remember- i try forgetting anything worldly music wen I first had d knowledge of illuminati. I read it's how demons walk in hell? Well, na dem sabi.
Dear christians, stand firm, fear not for d end of journey is almost near, I hope u know dat d anti-christ and d mark of d beast have been set ready, just waiting for the trumpet to sound (rapture) to activate it. Fear not, for the Lord is with u....
Damn!!!!!! U sound confident in the Lord. I really need friends like u to keep me going plsss. ..if u use a bb pls add me 28EDDF5B. Or whatsapp 08189374228.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 8:18am On Mar 29, 2013
Segun agagu:
Damn!!!!!! U sound confident in the Lord. I really need friends like u to keep me going plsss. ..if u use a bb pls add me 28EDDF5B. Or whatsapp 08189374228.
Sorry sir, am not in any of them.. I dont frequent social sites dat much o...
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 8:27am On Mar 29, 2013
Segun agagu:
Oooooooo my God. Plsssssssss have u found a way in which I can kill d sexual urge in my body...I AM REALLY BATTLING WITH IT. Though I have stopped fornicating since last year when I became born again..but dere is dat spirit in me dat want to do it...am sorry to say..dat I can't resist temptation..GOD plsssssssss do something. Plsssss wat I can I do...I LOVE GOD and I don't want to offend him at all...I hate SIN..anytyme I sin. I feel GOD is going to be angry with me and can destroy me at any tyme. #crying#
a prayerless christian is a powerless christian. The first time i felt my prayers answered was wen I gave my life to christ, then I have 2problems, my temper and libido. I prayed to God and now, I cant remember d last time I got angry self. But for sex, it's owk but anytime am resting or Idle, dat's wen d urge normally comes but goes wen I pray or become busy. No wonder Jesus said "watch and pray less you fall into temptation" prayer is d key. Pray and be dedicated, rebuke d demon everytime it comes. I dont know for u, i tink i feel them wen they come to tempt. Just pray everytime and read ur bible....
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Segunagagu(m): 12:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
Les: a prayerless christian is a powerless christian. The first time i felt my prayers answered was wen I gave my life to christ, then I have 2problems, my temper and libido. I prayed to God and now, I cant remember d last time I got angry self. But for sex, it's owk but anytime am resting or Idle, dat's wen d urge normally comes but goes wen I pray or become busy. No wonder Jesus said "watch and pray less you fall into temptation" prayer is d key. Pray and be dedicated, rebuke d demon everytime it comes. I dont know for u, i tink i feel them wen they come to tempt. Just pray everytime and read ur bible....
Thanks I will heed to this advice. Ordinary talking to a gal is a problem..even ordinarily chatting online. Its a problem..the devil is using it against me. Dats y I have even determined to dispose my blackberry soon..thanks
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
cool
Segun agagu:
Thanks I will heed to this advice. Ordinary talking to a gal is a problem..even ordinarily chatting online. Its a problem..the devil is using it against me. Dats y I have even determined to dispose my blackberry soon..thanks
and another tin, i do it always... You cannot know ur sins unless u confess them. Mix with christian friends- i've problem here cos most of my pals are just crooks.. And discuss d bible with them. Read christian magazines and do tins that please God- living a holy and righteous life, that would help keep u on track. As am typing this, am also talking to myself. See u in heaven, Sir, let us not disappoint each other...
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Segunagagu(m): 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2013
And dats where the problem lies. I have no good friend. Dey are still in the world. Av nt seen a good and devoted christian..am really searching for..wen I tell my am born again..dey laugh and laugh.
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by Les: 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2013
grin me self follow they laugh.... Guess they realise it's every man for himself. Try coverting anyone or you leave them and do your ting notin does u...
Re: Fellow Backsliders, What Bible Verse You Will Never Forget? by clintonEmele(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
isaiah 53: 1- 6 . Talkin abt whose report to believe .

(1) (Reply)

98% Of Members Of This Section Would Go To Hell Fire / Pastor Arrested For Alleged Fake Currency Printing Blamed Satan For The Act.. / International Council For IFA Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.