Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! (1388 Views)

North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA / Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits / Israel Bombs Sudanese Rockets Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:31am On Mar 29, 2013
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/28/us-korea-north-idUSBRE92R13R2013032

(Reuters) - North Korea put its rocket units on standby on Friday to attack U.S. military bases in South Korea and the Pacific, after the United States flew two nuclear-capable stealth bombers over the Korean peninsula in a rare show of force.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un signed off on the order at a midnight meeting of top generals and "judged the time has come to settle accounts with the U.S. imperialists in view of the prevailing situation", official KCNA news agency said.

On Thursday, the United States flew two radar-evading B-2 Spirit bombers on practice runs over South Korea, responding to a series of North Korean threats. They flew from the United States and back in what appeared to be the first exercise of its kind, designed to show America's ability to conduct long-range, precision strikes "quickly and at will", the U.S. military said.

The news of Kim's response was unusually swift.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:33am On Mar 29, 2013
"He finally signed the plan on technical preparations of strategic rockets of the KPA, ordering them to be standby for fire so that they may strike any time the U.S. mainland, its military bases in the operational theaters in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in south Korea," KCNA said.

The North has an arsenal of Soviet-era Scud missiles that can hit South Korea, but its longer-range missiles are untested. Independent assessments of its missile capability suggest it may have theoretical capacity to hit U.S. bases in Japan and Guam.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:35am On Mar 29, 2013
"The North Koreans have to understand that what they're doing is very dangerous," U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told reporters at the Pentagon.

"We must make clear that these provocations by the North are taken by us very seriously and we'll respond to that."

The U.S. military said that its B-2 bombers had flown more than 6,500 miles to stage a trial bombing raid from their bases in Missouri as part of the Foal Eagle war drills being held with South Korea.

The bombers dropped inert munitions on the Jik Do Range, in South Korea, and then returned to the continental United States in a single, continuous mission, the military said.

Thursday's drill was the first time B-2s flew round-trip from the mainland United States over South Korea and dropped inert munitions, a Pentagon spokeswoman said.

Victor Cha, a North Korea expert at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, said the drill fit within the context of ramped efforts by the Pentagon to deter the North from acting upon any of its threats.

Asked whether he thought the latest moves could further aggravate tensions on the peninsula, Cha, a former White House official, said: "I don't think the situation can get any more aggravated than it already is."
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:38am On Mar 29, 2013
"From this moment, the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army will be putting into combat duty posture No. 1 all field artillery units, including long-range artillery units and strategic rocket units, that will target all enemy objects in U.S. invasionary bases on its mainland, Hawaii and Guam," the North's KCNA news agency said.

The order was issued in a statement from the North Korea's military "supreme command."
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:48am On Mar 29, 2013
This will finally end in a NUCLEAR confrontation. The unfortunate thing for South Korea is that Seoul is so near the DPRK border just about 60km and thus within range of artillery fire which can cause much destruction before the annihilation of the North Korean army.

The best defense will be a decapitating attack on the top leadership of DPRK with an assassination of Kim Jong Un before he causes mass destruction of lives and property I.e. a PREEMPTIVE STRIKE ON DPRK followed by a precise securing of all their nuclear facilities to prevent theft of materials.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 1:50am On Mar 29, 2013
Yesterday, amid increasingly acrimonious language, the North cut off a key military hotline with South Korea - possibly jeopardising the last major symbol of cooperation between them

North Korea recently cut a Red Cross hotline with South Korean and another with the US-led UN command at the border, but there is still a hotline linking aviation authorities in the North and South.

The latest hot-line to be cut is important because the Koreas use it to communicate as hundreds of workers travel back and forth to the Kaesong industrial complex in the North.

South Korea said more than 900 of its workers were in Kaesong and it did not know how cutting the link would affect their travel back to South Korea.

US Forces Korea said in a statement today that the B-2 stealth bombers flew from a US air base in Missouri and dropped munitions on a South Korean island range before returning home.

It was unclear whether America's stealth bombers were used in past annual drills with South Korea, but this is the first time the military has announced their use.

The statement follows an earlier US announcement that nuclear-capable B-52 bombers participated in the joint military drills.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 2:02am On Mar 29, 2013
I hope Kim Jong-Un is a smart enough man to see when he is being coached into war, they want him to make the wrong move, he should hold his ground now and not be drawn into a battle none of us want. We all know South Koreas ally is the States and the the Norths is China, but I don't think these War Machine Think Tanks understand we are not a race of sheep anymore.. We understand that war brings money into the world, but we also know how to weigh up the casualties against the currency.

1 Like

Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Nobody: 2:11am On Mar 29, 2013
Something is terribly wrong with the way the tension escalated between N.K and USA.

But I feel like Americans need to have a taste of what they export to the third world(war).

1 Like

Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by manny4life(m): 2:36am On Mar 29, 2013
0lumide: Something is terribly wrong with the way the tension escalated between N.K and USA.

But I feel like Americans need to have a taste of what they export to the third world(war).

Have a taste of what exactly? If B-2 bombers could fly round trip to NK, what do u think? If Kim has any sense now, it will be for him to quit. One nuclear drop from those bombers will send him and his countries to the stone age, and china can see more slaves to use for their enlarging economy.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Pangea: 2:54am On Mar 29, 2013
Na today? grin
Make dem try am nau,
America will make the whole country a sinkhole grin
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 29, 2013
those stupid old man pushing this boy will all see the result of what they are into very soon
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 3:11am On Mar 29, 2013
An editorial put out by the KCNA described "hideous politically-motivated terrorism of the US and the South Korean puppet forces targeting the dignified social system in the DPRK".
North Korea also stated on Thursday it planned to "sweep away" America's Andersen Air Force Base on Guam, according to KCNA.

Earlier on Thursday, US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel told his South Korean counterpart that Seoul could rely on all the military protection the United States has to offer – nuclear, conventional and missile defence.

The US and South Korean militaries signed a new pact last week, providing for a joint military response to even low-level provocation by North Korea.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/9958617/North-Korea-burning-with-hatred-for-US-after-stealth-bomber-missions.html

North Korea 'burning with hatred' for US after stealth bomber missions
North Korea claimed its people were "burning with hatred" for the US after Washington confirmed it had flown B-2 stealth bomber "deterrence" missions over South Korea.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Nobody: 4:06am On Mar 29, 2013
That their Michelin looking leader with him funny hair cut always get me lol.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 29, 2013
God bless north korea!!!!!!! And protect her from the bully dogs and imperial masters
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by citizenisb: 7:42am On Mar 29, 2013
The United States has promised to cover South Korea with its nuclear umbrella, I hope this will not be the first nuclear war in this world.

What about the radioactive fallout?
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2013
USA has promised South Korea what they can not offer. A cover from Nuclear Attack ? Are you kidding ? North Koreans are like a million suicide bombers. They could nuke South within minutes and the deed is already done ? And USA is preventing Iran from having Nuclear Weapon, yet they are flaunting theirs in the face of the world. UN is actually too silent on this salient issue. Hypocrisy is the name of the planet we live in, I guess to succeed, one has to be largely hypocritical.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Feedmemore(f): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2013
Every once in a while I feel like punching someone in the face. Right now that would be Poppin Fresh Kim - the obnoxious little beady-eyed North Korean cherub.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by homerac7: 9:40am On Mar 29, 2013
Billyonaire: USA has promised South Korea what they can not offer. A cover from Nuclear Attack ? Are you kidding ? North Koreans are like a million suicide bombers. They could nuke South within minutes and the deed is already done ? And USA is preventing Iran from having Nuclear Weapon, yet they are flaunting theirs in the face of the world. UN is actually too silent on this salient issue. Hypocrisy is the name of the planet we live in, I guess to succeed, one has to be largely hypocritical.

my guy, d joke is on NK. how the US strategic defence system works is once it senses (through satellite observation) a launch (it does that by rapid analysis of heat and illumination generated by rapid burning propellant released by the missile. it is usually related to its size and range) of ballistic missile, it raises alarm and AUTOMATICALLY triggers off a countermeasure which is designed to take down the missile while it is still within "safe" range. if the launch is observed from a strategic launch site (most of them are known), you hav earned a right to have B-52H Stratofortress and B-2B strategic bombers swarming over your airspace and delivering their deadly payloads before you can reload from another launch site. Hope you know the permanent status of NORAD?

"Beware of what you wish for" - Chinese proverb
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by Feedmemore(f): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2013
On a lighter note, things have just gone to hell since Dennis Rodman visited North Korea. What did he say? undecided undecided undecided
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by SEVENTYSEVEN(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2013
One thing you people should never do is trying to underestimate anyone. Inasmuch as I don't like what the North Korea is doing, I also don't like how the US is treating other nations.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by idupaul: 10:33am On Mar 29, 2013
The North Koreans are too disciplined to carry out a nuclear strike .. This is just a process of " missile silo" diplomacy where a nation uses its long range ordnance real or perceived as a deterrent or to earn itself a favourable outcome in an event during international diplomacy like what is happening now. So no need to panic because all the players in this event aint.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by achi4u(m): 12:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
@op I didn't see where this can trigger to another ww111,the two nations can burn to ashes for all we Africas care.
This people really want ruin the little peace we're having after this islamist terrorists like al quada,boko haram,jamb et al...infact many headache already.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by solomon111(m): 1:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
Why should the US fly Nuclear-capable stealth bombers in the korean peninsula?
Is that not a provocation?
I hope the hordes of American puppets on Nairaland can see who the oppressor is.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by solomon111(m): 1:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
Feed me more: Every once in a while I feel like punching someone in the face. Right now that would be Poppin Fresh Kim - the obnoxious little beady-eyed North Korean cherub.
I think you should direct that punch to the right quarters;
The face of the US PRESIDENT.
Re: WW 3- North Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA!!!! by JeSoul(f): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2013

(1)

. / Hillary Clinton To Launch Presidential Bid In April / Basurin: Kiev Has Amassed 238 Tanks, 101 Ceasefire Violations Over The Past Wee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.