Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (23702 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2013
I have seen many faces, black, yellow, cream, etc. But a type of face that stands out is the one with tribal marks .
Tribal marks are peculiar to most tribes in naija. It was known to serve two purposes - identification and beautification.
These days i see people mock anyone with tribal marks. Calling them 'fight lion' , 'tiger claws' , etc.
All i want to know is if there's anyone out there that will allow his/her kid to have a mark on the face.
I will love to read the opinion of people with tribal marks too.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Imprida(f): 9:49am On Mar 29, 2013
NEVER

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by mutaalim(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2013
Base on the purpose
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by slimyem: 10:06am On Mar 29, 2013
In 2013?
Hell No!!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by greatgod2012(f): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2013
In this age...........
Hell No!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by aadetoyin(f): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2013
Identification indeed, in this age when there are so many things that can be used for identification.
Beautification abi? Oga Op I hope u have the lion fight tribal marks on ur face? So that I can use it to identify u grin grin grin

No child of mine would have tribal marks, anyone that wants to give them will have to deal with me first.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 10:25am On Mar 29, 2013
To all saying NO.
Do you know that most times, the family tricks the woman away from the house when such act wants to go down?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by greatgod2012(f): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2013
jeffizy: To all saying NO.
Do you know that most times, the family tricks the woman away from the house when such act wants to go down?

believe me, any family that try that will all be arrested, and i dont care how they are going to do it, i just dont want to see any "i fight lion" marks on my child....shikena!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by feminineA: 11:16am On Mar 29, 2013
Never! I don't have why will my children have??. I get pissed when I see cute children been disfigured by tribal marks

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 11:22am On Mar 29, 2013
mutaalim: Base on the purpose
can you elaborate?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 11:24am On Mar 29, 2013
slimyem: In 2013?
Hell No!!
what if it was 1990?

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Joebeck(f): 11:31am On Mar 29, 2013
Capital NO.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by aadetoyin(f): 11:56am On Mar 29, 2013

Even my husband would never agree to such so I wonder how they want to do it successfully. Na dem born the child?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by theripper2: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
God forbid bad tin.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
Usually, it is the father's family that are more aggresive on this matter. Especially if the child is born into a royal family.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
that is why it is of utmost importance for a woman to do her homework very well by studying the intelligence quotient of the members of her husbands family (parents,siblings,cousins,uncles,aunties etc) before she joins them via marriage.if your husband is a bush meat or his family have a cave man attitude,dont be suprised when you see your cute daughter or son with marks.before marriage,as a fiancee,one of the questions you should ask your fiancee is do you like tribal marks on kids,will you support it,will you allow your kids to have it,if he says yes,all well and good however if you dont ask and you are carried away with wedding,na sorry be your name.bottomline,there are some things that will not just happen if a lady does her homework properly by knowing the kind of family she is entering and studying the way they treat the women and kids in that family.if majority of them are bush meats and you want to be forming cream,you go know when you come back from wherever and you see all your kids with lines on their cheeks cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
jeffizy: Usually, it is the father's family that are more aggresive on this matter. Especially if the child is born into a royal family.
lmao my moms friend had that experience.when the mother heard whey were planning to give the baby tribal marks at a certain age,she was pregnant then,she ran to america immediatly to give birth to her child.she stayed there till her child was developed and made her stay with her aunt in houston.her decision caused a big fight between her and her husband including his family on why she should give birth there and why she didnt allow them give the child tribal marks as it is typical of their own family so that people will know she was from so so compound.she said it is in america the child will grow.she kept that child away from the father and his family because she knows if she brings the child to naija,her cheeks will be done for.to cut the long story short,the husband and the family sent her packing and she divorced her husband.when her own family wanted to settle the matter,she said she prefers being a divorcee than for them to disfigure her childs face.we dont get to see the woman again,but the child must be an adolescent now

4 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 29, 2013
feminine A: Never! I don't have why will my children have??. I get pissed when I see cute children been disfigured by tribal marks
exactly.infact i have seen where they give a toddler tribal marks,its sooo crude,the child goes through so much pain,yet aone bush meat adult will hod the legs of the toddler while using blade in his face
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 29, 2013
aadetoyin: Identification indeed, in this age when there are so many things that can be used for identification.
Beautification abi? Oga Op I hope u have the lion fight tribal marks on ur face? So that I can use it to identify u grin grin grin

No child of mine would have tribal marks, anyone that wants to give them will have to deal with me first.
i wonder o.when google is there,e.mail is there,cell phone is there,friends are there,face book,twitter,to go etc is there and someone is saying identification.in this age of massive industrialization and globalization that has made the world a smaller place.if its for beautification all i will say is shocked wtf shocked

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
kulyie: lmao my moms friend had that experience.when the mother heard whey were planning to give the baby tribal marks at a certain age,she was pregnant then,she ran to america immediatly to give birth to her child.she stayed there till her child was developed and made her stay with her aunt in houston.her decision caused a big fight between her and her husband including his family on why she should give birth there and why she didnt allow them give the child tribal marks as it is typical of their own family so that people will know she was from so so compound.she said it is in america the child will grow.she kept that child away from the father and his family because she knows if she brings the child to naija,her cheeks will be done for.to cut the long story short,the husband and the family sent her packing and she divorced her husband.when her own family wanted to settle the matter,she said she prefers being a divorcee than for them to disfigure her childs face.we dont get to see the woman again,but the child must be an adolescent now
did the woman's husband not have tribal marks ? so why was she surprised ?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 3:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
kulyie: exactly.infact i have seen where they give a toddler tribal marks,its sooo crude,the child goes through so much pain
Most have it between 2-4 weeks after birth.
Blade may not be properly sterilized!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
kulyie: i wonder o.when google is there,e.mail is there,cell phone is there,friends are there,face book,twitter,to go etc is there and someone is saying identification.in this age of massive industrialization and globalization that has made the world a smaller place.
Some folks that got enslaved during the slave trade era were able to re-trace their origins through their birthmarks.:-D
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Imprida(f): 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2013
jeffizy:
Some folks that got enslaved during the slave trade era were able to re-trace their origins through their birthmarks.:-D
Are you trying to say its right to give a child tribal mark?
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
Never
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by jeffizy(m): 6:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Imprida: Are you trying to say its right to give a child tribal mark?
NO!
Just trying to enlighten people.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2013
jeffizy:
this is 2o13 baby,and not slave trade era cheesy
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
jeffizy:
Most have it between 2-4 weeks after birth.
Blade may not be properly sterilized!
of course na
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
steph7:
did the woman's husband not have tribal marks ? so why was she surprised ?
he had but she didnt expect that it will be enforced on her child
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
By the way op are you for or against tribal marks this one that you are defending bush people that are giving their kids tribal marks shocked
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by femmy2010(m): 10:30pm On Mar 29, 2013
HELL NO
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 29, 2013
I dey craze? for this 21st century? for wetin? I will never attempt it!
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
No, I won't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Should I Relocate My Family To My Base Or Not. / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.