Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. (23704 Views)

Little Kid Peeping At Her Aunt's Panties (Photo) / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / If Your Kid Scratched Your Car: How Will You Respond? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
polokor60: i don't have a tribal mark.most people (either male or female) from delta state were comfortable with this beautiful tribal mark in the past(it's on the delcine now).my point is i have seen the most ugly tribal mark in nigeria and i ve also see the most beautiful tribal mark in the same nigeria therefore all tribal marks cannot be stereotype as one.btw happy easter sunday
same to you o my dear but i have never come across a beautiful tribal mark as you have described it before.most of them are always ugly as in the pictures a poster put here on this thread
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by elklehamite(m): 5:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
ANYONE THAT KNOWS WHERE TRIBAL MARKS CAN BE ERASED SHOULD PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS EMAIL:-enelileojo@gmail.com. REMAIN BLESSED AS YOU DO THAT.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by bchude: 5:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
angryNoooooooooooooooo
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by polokor60(m): 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
kulyie: same to you o my dear but i have never come across a beautiful tribal mark as you have described it before.most of them are always ugly as in the pictures a poster put here on this thread
my ex gf is from urhobo and she have it as well,i don't know how i would describe it.it's very tiny,the same tune with the skin colour,just on one tiny spot on the cheek/entire face.some times you won't presume it to be a tribal mark.if you come in contact with most people from urhobo who are more than 25 years of age,just take a close look at their cheek,you would see it but if you don't look closely you may not see it.it's pretty cool.Tribal mark in general is almost extinct and it's irrelevant in this present age. cool cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by blackbeau1(f): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
Never.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by iaatmguy(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
hmmmm if i catch that person way mention am talkless of ..........
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by zibe(m): 10:39pm On Mar 31, 2013
polokor60: my ex gf is from urhobo and she have it as well,i don't know how i would describe it.it's very tiny,the same tune with the skin colour,just on one tiny spot on the cheek/entire face.some times you won't presume it to be a tribal mark.if you come in contact with most people from urhobo who are more than 25 years of age,just take a close look at their cheek,you would see it but if you don't look closely you may not see it.it's pretty cool.Tribal mark in general is almost extinct and it's irrelevant in this present age. cool cool

Yea I have friends from there and the mark does look fine
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by polokor60(m): 11:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
zibe:

Yea I have friends from there and the mark does look fine
cool
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by lollyboy(m): 6:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Hell no! Abegi at this age and time? Even though I have one on my face I look at the mirror and wish there was a way I could get to remove it. Please let me know if there is a way to remove tribal marks.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:24am On Apr 01, 2013
everyone in my family has tribal marks including me. My grandfather, father, mother , brother, nephew, etc. EVERYONE!
this will be continued for the future generations.

Anyone who doesnt have tribal marks in my family , I will disown them.

all the children in my family are proud of their marks and their identity.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26am On Apr 01, 2013
ItsModella:
To add to that, tattoos are usually aesthetic, the same cannot be said for tribal marks. Most of them are disgusting on sight.

Tribal marks and tattoos are CLEARLY two different thing. The only similarity they share is that they involve puncturing of the skin.

yiur face must be ugly and disgusting. therefore it doesnt suit you. only people who have good noble countenance , it suits them.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2013
adconline: Stupid culture. We are using FB, BB IPhone, TV , Radio etc to spread message and reach our intended audience. Why not town crier and gong as our ancestors did?

what has fb, Iphone,etc., got to do with tribal marks and custom. are you st.upid? did you fry your brains in a pan and eat it?
dumba$$. TUFIA! angry
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2013
Patsey:

This woman looks beautiful and her marks enhance her beauty and self respect. anyone who cant see that is blind. angry
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2013
12 inches!:

You see the problem I have with the black race and Africans. Our hearts are so wicked. Why must they use trickery and deceit to achieve their aim. You know the woman doesn't want it for her children yet u use trickery and deceit to achieve ur evil aims.The husband that allowed such rubbish should be held responsible. If anybody tries this with my children I'll get them all arrested. That is the last time they'll ever visit my house. Infact from then on we're enemies. No one should ever underestimate the power of when I'm very angry. Infact I'll warn my mother in law to never try such cos my gf has marks.

theres no such things as black race or Africans. we are all people from different tribes living in different parts of the world. Every Tribe, be it one in Africa or South America or India or Malaysia, has its own unique customs and tradtitions. Tribal marks is our style. they are resorting to such deceitful means because society is trying to destroy this culture and identity, so there is no other way. its because our people suffer from a slave mentality and identity crisis.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:35am On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: as far as i am concerned in this day and age it is defiling and disfiguring the face of a child,if it is for tribal sentiments,that's not an excuse because there are a thousand and one ways of identifying people from certain ethnic group,hence as far as kulyie is concerned it is very disgusting,moreover if you are a christian it is even in the bible,somewhere around leventicus that God detests cutting of marks on other peoples body,it is a sin to that person's body

hey stu.pid, please share with us the 1001 ways of identifying someone if you see a man runing on the road, can you immediately make out his tribe, especially if he is form a small less known one?

Apart from identification and beauty, tribal marks are an integral part of our culture.

as for the bible, no one cares what that israeli book says. it has no right to dictate terms in the Pagan Tribal nation of Nigeria.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2013
Coldfeet: I love mine!!!!!! The igbo tribal marks ain't ugly or disfiguring!! And I got it at age 6! Remember the day so well! Well only my boys have them just a tiny one beside each eye same as me and they love it.

Lord Amadioha bless you! i hope our Nation of slaves learn a thing or two from you.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:37am On Apr 01, 2013
kulyie: tats are different from tribal marks joor.tribal marks are so gross

you are a slave and your face is that of a xtian monkey.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39am On Apr 01, 2013
ekwah:
As one with deep respect for my cultural heritage, I see absolutely no reason why the possibility of having tribal marks on my kids shouldn't be there. I really don't understand why some people here say 'over my dead body' as if it were some nasty crime or something. Tribal marks are cool cool if u don't over-do it. End of discussion!

All these peeps wey dey dump their cultures for something else. undecided

i wish my ancestors sold them off to the oyinbos and shipped them to slavery in america. those bloody honourless slaves.

dont mind them . .
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:46am On Apr 01, 2013
are you telling me these people don look beautiful you must be out of your mind!

Bororo Women are the most beautiful in all of Africa and they have a lot of marks.

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:55am On Apr 01, 2013
ALl my friends from South Sudan have marks. They like it and they said they will continue it. Infact, my Nuer friend who studies in Cavendish University , Uganda, even explained to me the meaning of the 6 forhead marks. (He has 7 because he is the last-born). Each marks represents the Tribal Laws / COnstitution.

"The first mark denotes that you should not bother yourself with the small children. You must know that you have reached the age of manhood.
-The second scar mark signifies that you must not be afraid of anybody. You must know that you are an adolescent and not dependent on your parents.
-The third scar mark advocates that you should not steal or make any mistakes, that means you must avoid scandalous things. You must participate in the defense of the public and you must handle the family or deal well with the household.
-The fourth scar mark advocates that you should not just eat in any place and you must be an honorable young man.
-The fifth scar mark signifies that you should not be greedy or gluttonous or covetous.
-The last and sixth scar mark advocates that you should not make or commit adultery with the wife of another man or with girls who are related to you especially the ones that have some blood relations. It is incest taboo and causes death or disgrace to the defaulters.

Below 1st pic Nuer Man
2nd pic , Dinka man. (SPLA soldier)

Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by yejhizkebab(f): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
greatgod2012:

believe me, any family that try that will all be arrested, and i dont care how they are going to do it, i just dont want to see any "i fight lion" marks on my child....shikena!
but the deed would av been done by then and wnt be reversible
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by adconline(m): 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

what has fb, Iphone,etc., got to do with tribal marks and custom. are you st.upid? did you fry your brains in a pan and eat it?
dumba$$. TUFIA! angry
A cretin unleash! 2013 folks are building apps and making great discoveries and you are here shouting tribal marks and mutilation of skin to fit your cultural beliefs
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yiur face must be ugly and disgusting. therefore it doesnt suit you. only people who have good noble countenance , it suits them.
It is your face that is ugly and disgusting...nonsense.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2013
adconline:
A cretin unleash! 2013 folks are building apps and making great discoveries and you are here shouting tribal marks and mutilation of skin to fit your cultural beliefs

hey st.upid, are you circumcised? what do you have to say on that?

also It is 2013! so dont wear clothes. GO ON THE STREETS N.AKED! clothes have become out of fashion now in 2013! angry angry angry angry
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2013
ItsModella:
It is your face that is ugly and disgusting...nonsense.

hahaha such a sad comeback. Your face resembles that of a dirty tribeless half-bred xtian monkey.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by nitlad: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hahaha such a sad comeback. Your face resembles that of a dirty tribeless half-bred xtian monkey.
grin grin grin

How do you know this? undecided
Have you seen her before? grin
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43am On Apr 02, 2013
nitlad:
grin grin grin

How do you know this? undecided
Have you seen her before? grin

no her comments reveal her physical features. just as in literature, the author describes the character in detail to make us visualise, so has she done the same thing.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 02, 2013
Nope. I will not allow my kids to have their faces branded. My parents didn't, neither did myself or my siblings. I don't agree with it, but respect those that consider tribal marks beautifying. But having a child (who has no say) branded, that's bad.

Someone mentioned people having tattoos done. Tattoo's are by choice, tribal marks, well let's say I've never come across anyone branding their own faces.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2013
yejhiz-kebab:
but the deed would av been done by then and wnt be reversible

Tribal marks are scar tissue, and scars can be removed cosmetically. Expensive, but definitely reversible.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 02, 2013
ekwah:
I really don't understand why some people here say 'over my dead body' as if it were some nasty crime or something.

Bro, it's just one of those things - we don't need to understand, we simply need to respect the choices others make. I personally will NOT have my children's faces branded under any circumstance, for those that will, good for them - their children, their choice. But would the child have consented, if he / she was old enough, and was asked?

That's a topic for another thread.

And if anyone besides parents of a child brand said child's face, it can be seen as a criminal act, depending on the beliefs of the parents, or where they live.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2013
Siena:

Bro, it's just one of those things - we don't need to understand, we simply need to respect the choices others make. I personally will NOT have my children's faces branded under any circumstance, for those that will, good for them - their children, their choice. But would the child have consented, if he / she was old enough, and was asked?

That's a topic for another thread.

And if anyone besides parents of a child brand said child's face, it can be seen as a criminal act, depending on the beliefs of the parents, or where they live.

They are born into the tribe, they must perform this basic duty towards the tribe. Our parents do it on us to instill in us a pride in our ethnic group and identity and we do it on our children. They may make a tantrum, but remember, there are many out there in this world who dont have an identity or a culture or a tribe, and we should be thankful to the Gods for giving us this privilege and self-respect. this is not a criminal issue. no one has the right to judge what is criminal or not when it comes to the issue of tribal custom.
Re: Can You Allow Tribal Marks On Your Kid. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:16am On Apr 02, 2013
If tribal marks are banned, then cricumcision, baptism , etc., must also be banned. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Should I Relocate My Family To My Base Or Not. / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication / World's Top 10 Youngest Mums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.