Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490376 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2015
Belexy:

Non for now, the ones i know of av all been taken. My area is at Ikotun - Igando axis.
If u are very serious abt renting ponds, i can make some enquires but might not be in ikotun area.

My chair at the top, we will talk..... Anything from the Boyz?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 5:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
Fhemmmy:

bro fhemmy with his funny jokes oooo hmm waoooo so nice keeping this thread moving.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 5:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
SMANS FARMS

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
Johnnyessence:
bro fhemmy with his funny jokes oooo hmm waoooo so nice keeping this thread moving.

I no joke oh... Belexy is one of my mentor on fishing oh and wont be bad for him to drop something for the Boyz

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2015
humble007:
SMANS FARMS
what feed is that?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Lol..... My Oga at d top.... Im ur boy grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2015
humble007:
SMANS FARMS

Boss, are those d same fishes i saw wen i came to ur farm? Dey are massive now shocked...
wetin dem dey chop wey make dem grow so fast within few days? shocked shocked shocked shocked im astonished.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
humble007:
SMANS FARMS

Please what kinda feed is that and what is the effects on the fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2015
Belexy:

Lol..... My Oga at d top.... Im ur boy grin

I know you too humble to accept say u be mu mentor, but me know.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
humble007:
SMANS FARMS
pls what type are u using to field them not only that what's d size and type of d fish to d table size Cos' I can see it's a juveniles raise to table side.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 11:01pm On Jan 18, 2015
Belexy:

Boss, are those d same fishes i saw wen i came to ur farm? Dey are massive now shocked...
wetin dem dey chop wey make dem grow so fast within few days? shocked shocked shocked shocked im astonished.
THEY ARE BIG BUT NOT AS BIG AS THEY appear. ITS A SPECIAL FORMULA SIR. I WILL SHOW IT TO YOU WHEN WE SEE SIR.(I WILL SELL THEM IN 45 DAYS time by GODS grace)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 11:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
formula 101
miqos02:
what feed is that?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2015
a new formula. its called formula 101
Fhemmmy:

Please what kinda feed is that and what is the effects on the fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 18, 2015
humble007:

heheheh. guys are not smiling. am impressed.
keep it up dear.

The feed is a local feed with wat looks like garri as d binding agent. waiting for the recipe of formular 1. how old are d fish?

Just yesterday, i paid 4k to buy a fish at a joint adjacent my house. i was just smiling cos they will be my customer when i selling fish.

missing person- where is abix?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2015
humble007:

Nice one and the fact that Oga Belexy sabi you, i wont even have to question you at all, cos it means you are highly recommended
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 5:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Fhemmmy:

Nice one and the fact that Oga Belexy sabi you, i wont even have to question you at all, cos it means you are highly recommended
I think this formula 101 is a local feed u are feeding them to get weight abi.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 6:30am On Jan 19, 2015
mercylicious:

heheheh. guys are not smiling. am impressed.
keep it up dear.

The feed is a local feed with wat looks like garri as d binding agent. waiting for the recipe of formular 1. how old are d fish?

Just yesterday, i paid 4k to buy a fish at a joint adjacent my house. i was just smiling cos they will be my customer when i selling fish.

missing person- where is abix?
you are sharp. 1.)I made a little research and got to know that most of the ingredients are more nutritious when boiled in water compared to when roasted and pelleted, the only problem is that you need a good binding agent that very little quantity of it is enough to bind a larger quantity of the proteins involved.
and another thing about fishmeal is that most of it is gotten from fish dirt and its so expensive why not buy a cartorn of raw fish 20kg for 5750 than buying same 20kg of fishmeal for 14k. 5 minute parboiling and cutting to tiny pieces is all you need.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 19, 2015
ive seen a video on dt b4, bt wit u just brought out another innovatn wit using d main fish instead of d left over.
do u prepare their food for each meal?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
humble007:
you are sharp. 1.)I made a little research and got to know that most of the ingredients are more nutritious when boiled in water compared to when roasted and pelleted, the only problem is that you need a good binding agent that very little quantity of it is enough to bind a larger quantity of the proteins involved.
and another thing about fishmeal is that most of it is gotten from fish dirt and its so expensive why not buy a cartorn of raw fish 20kg for 5750 than buying same 20kg of fishmeal for 14k. 5 minute parboiling and cutting to tiny pieces is all you need.

Good research and thanks for sharing it.

But note that the peleting machine boils the feed before bringing them out in shapes (mm) . Try feel one during production, it will nearly burn your palm. Same with extruders - that one cooks the feed. If you are used to feed mills the fine aroma you get is better than fast foods.

Abi na lie

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
humble007:
SMANS FARMS

how many months r those fishes from fingerlings or post
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ridious(m): 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
mozek24:

Good research and thanks for sharing it.

But note that the peleting machine boils the feed before bringing them out in shapes (mm) . Try feel one during production, it will nearly burn your palm. Same with extruders - that one cooks the feed. If you are used to feed mills the fine aroma you get is better than fast foods.

Abi na lie
pelleting works like an oven.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ridious(m): 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
mercylicious:
ive seen a video on dt b4, bt wit u just brought out another innovatn wit using d main fish instead of d left over.
do u prepare their food for each meal?
i prepare their food for each meal and its stressful(only disadvantage )
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
hisableplc:

how many months r those fishes from fingerlings or post
from fingerlings, it will be two months tomorrow. collected them november
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
humble007:

2 months from fingerlings? that is for sure great size and they look so healthy . . . Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 4:57am On Jan 20, 2015
humble007:

Thank you sir that is splendid pls how do i reach you buzz or sms this no. i will reach you 07037825247 or add me 7aabc8cb
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 4:59am On Jan 20, 2015
Fhemmmy:

2 months from fingerlings? that is for sure great size and they look so healthy . . . Nice one.
2 months from fingerlings doing fine I notice their water is neat waooooo keep it up not only that since when av u stop giving them d floating feed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 5:11am On Jan 20, 2015
Johnnyessence:
2 months from fingerlings doing fine I notice their water is neat waooooo keep it up not only that since when av u stop giving them d floating feed.
ten days ago
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 5:12am On Jan 20, 2015
hisableplc:

Thank you sir that is splendid pls how do i reach you buzz or sms this no. i will reach you 07037825247 or add me 7aabc8cb
I will give you a call by weekend sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 5:17am On Jan 20, 2015
humble007:
I will give you a call by weekend sir.

ok, but can i call now then u can give me ur no. pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 5:19am On Jan 20, 2015
hisableplc:

ok, but can i call now then u can give me ur no. pls
here do you stay?
I stay at governors road ikotun.
I will text you my no
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 5:32am On Jan 20, 2015
humble007:
here do you stay?
I stay at governors road ikotun.
I will text you my no

i go reach ur side today am at Ejigbo
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by waxyung(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2015
Profitable I.T placement for ND Agricultural Technology student in Lagos...HELP!

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.