Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490859 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by omode2(m): 5:04pm On May 13, 2015
Johnnyessence:
exactly we need a union that will specialized on d buying and selling Cos' this extortion from d baba elejas and Iya elejas is much so much frustrated to the extent of giving up in fish farming Cos' it's not easy been laboured for 5 months plus still got loss from it. in fact if I remember all d loss of d profit I usually weep Cos' it pains me hard so painful to me when people cheat me in a way that av been well informed than ever before.
Sorry for your loss, bt robonski said fish farming is a game wc means there is so many uncertainty wt many permutatns. Even if u form a union d middle men will always get frm new bies springing up everyday. You need to learn d game fast because money is involved. Get d hidden truth ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 13, 2015
@ Robonski, really do not know how to navigate through the agric site oo, particularly that story am interested in reading up how the two farmers faired.

@ayoplenty, thank God you outsmart them. You will see other buyers who will take your price.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 11:14pm On May 13, 2015
Hello all, hope the farms are coming along fine... Sorry to hear about the loss... I Pray you get better outcome in the subsequent run.... I started selling my fish today.... Sold 291kg.... (367 fish) on average they are about. 0.8kg. On month 5..... Don't want to wait no more.....

Still have approx 35tonnes left
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 11:15pm On May 13, 2015
Hello all, hope the farms are coming along fine... Sorry to hear about the loss... I Pray you get better outcome in the subsequent run.... As an update, I started selling my fish today.... Sold 291kg.... (367 fish) on average they are about. 0.8kg. On month 5..... Don't want to wait no more.....

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 12:59pm On May 14, 2015
abdulumar:
Hello all, hope the farms are coming along fine... Sorry to hear about the loss... I Pray you get better outcome in the subsequent run.... As an update, I started selling my fish today.... Sold 291kg.... (367 fish) on average they are about. 0.8kg. On month 5..... Don't want to wait no more.....

as in 35000 kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 2:01pm On May 14, 2015
How many ponds do u have to produce 35tonnes?
abdulumar:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 2:51pm On May 14, 2015
jaz:
How many ponds do u have to produce 35tonnes?

Currently, I have 6 ponds. Only 4 are operational... put in a shy above 10k juveniles in each...

@hisableplc...Yea... 35,000kg (its an approximate number) actually commenced with 42,000 juveniles... trying to be conservative about the outcome and accommodate variation in fish sizes.

End of day 2... sold 645kg...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 3:27pm On May 14, 2015
That's impressive. What's the average size of your fishes after the 5 months period
abdulumar:

Currently, I have 6 ponds. Only 4 are operational... put in a shy above 10k juveniles in each...

@hisableplc...Yea... 35,000kg (its an approximate number) actually commenced with 42,000 juveniles... trying to be conservative about the outcome and accommodate variation in fish sizes.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 3:54pm On May 14, 2015
jaz:
That's impressive. What's the average size of your fishes after the 5 months period

On average seeing 0.8kg - 1.2kg... though the harvest is still ongoing... Sorting was a bit of a challenge cos of the 2 faulty ponds i have. In addition, i had some hitches during the culture period... feed availability and water quality management issues that i am to address in the next run.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fzero: 4:23pm On May 14, 2015
abdulumar:

What are the sizes of your ponds??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2015
olubankemi:
@ Robonski, really do not know how to navigate through the agric site oo, particularly that story am interested in reading up how the two farmers faired.

@ayoplenty, thank God you outsmart them. You will see other buyers who will take your price.

I tried posting the link but is taking us to the home page. Just kindly to the fish section of the forum you will see the thread. thanks

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 4:48pm On May 14, 2015
fzero:

What are the sizes of your ponds??

ponds lenght breadth depth
1 66.6 ft 33.3ft 5.7ft

2 66.6 ft 33.3ft 5.7ft

3 32 ft 32 ft 5.2ft

4 32 ft 32ft 5.2ft

5 32 ft 32ft 5.2ft

6 32 ft 32ft 5.2ft
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:55pm On May 14, 2015
abdulumar:

On average seeing 0.8kg - 1.2kg... though the harvest is still ongoing... Sorting was a bit of a challenge cos of the 2 faulty ponds i have. In addition, i had some hitches during the culture period... feed availability and water quality management issues that i am to address in the next run.

kudos ... How much have u spent on feeding so far?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dkings101(m): 5:03pm On May 14, 2015
I ve got post juvenile and juvenile for sale in Ayobo Lagos call me 08174411116
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2015
nice one. do you mean 5 months from hatching or juvenile stage ?
abdulumar:

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 7:43pm On May 14, 2015
robonski15:

kudos ... How much have u spent on feeding so far?

So far its around 3.8m still feeding till their wiped out....

@jazz... its 5 months from juvenile stage
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by brainpowerng(m): 7:52pm On May 14, 2015
Fish Ponds FOR LEASE: In case you need natural fish ponds to start your business in Ibadan.

The ponds are right within Ibadan metropolis and quite big. Should you need to inspect them, kindly leave your emails here and I will get back to you.

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by noblefarm: 8:32pm On May 14, 2015
brainpowerng:
Fish Ponds FOR LEASE: In case you need natural fish ponds to start your business in Ibadan.

The ponds are right within Ibadan metropolis and quite big. Should you need to inspect them, kindly leave your emails here and I will get back to you.

Thanks.

what n what is the facilities on it and what's a asking prize, these are things that'll motivate ppl

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aumoria(m): 8:34pm On May 14, 2015
Concrete ponds available for rent in Igbolomu, off Ishawo road, Ikorodu. They are 10ft by 10ft.

Whatsapp 08142531391 if interested.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by gspace1960(m): 9:45pm On May 14, 2015
i need cat of 1.5kg & above,anybody selling in d houz...........
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amadex(m): 11:14pm On May 14, 2015
Gud pm nairalanders, does anybody Av an idea of wia else I can get Durant 1.8mm here in ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 3:34am On May 15, 2015
aumoria:
Concrete ponds available for rent in Igbolomu, off Ishawo road, Ikorodu. They are 10ft by 10ft.

Whatsapp 08142531391 if interested.

How much and what facilities are there?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aumoria(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2015
Fhemmmy:

How much and what facilities are there?
A space to use as store.
A self contained room that can be rented for use of farm hand.
A borehole and well but electricity supply hardly available.
A secured, fenced compound.

Rent can be negotiated.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by hisableplc(m): 8:36am On May 15, 2015
abdulumar:

wow that good to hear where is you farm located sir?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 12:09pm On May 15, 2015
aumoria:

A space to use as store.
A self contained room that can be rented for use of farm hand.
A borehole and well but electricity supply hardly available.
A secured, fenced compound.

Rent can be negotiated.

Thanks.... but what is the rent?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:19pm On May 15, 2015
amadex:
Gud pm nairalanders, does anybody Av an idea of wia else I can get Durant 1.8mm here in ibadan.

Coppens and durante feed center 08039407526 or durante feed depot 07033684492.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:23pm On May 15, 2015
abdulumar:

So far its around 3.8m still feeding till their wiped out....

@jazz... its 5 months from juvenile stage

ok.. After the entire sale we hope you give us a break down of your total sales. Well done sir.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 3:12pm On May 15, 2015
hisableplc:

wow that good to hear where is you farm located sir?

Minna, Niger State

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdulumar: 3:13pm On May 15, 2015
robonski15:

ok.. After the entire sale we hope you give us a break down of your total sales. Well done sir.

www.agricnetwork.com

Okay... wont mind...

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jaz(m): 3:28pm On May 15, 2015
SECONDED wink
robonski15:

www.agricnetwork.com

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amadex(m): 4:24pm On May 15, 2015
robonski15:

Coppens and durante feed center 08039407526 or durante feed depot 07033684492.
10x boss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:14pm On May 15, 2015
amadex:
10x boss

UWC sir..

www.agricnetwork.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.