Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,630 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490931 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by suigeneris2(f): 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us, I'm abt starting rearing cat fishes, and this will help me a lot. Please how much will u sell to me 2000 juveniles from ur farm? How much does zeigler feeds cost including vital feeds. How do I calculate the kilogramme of feeds to give my fishes per day? Awaiting a reply from u. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
sui generis: Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us, I'm abt starting rearing cat fishes, and this will help me a lot. Please how much will u sell to me 2000 juveniles from ur farm? How much does zeigler feeds cost including vital feeds. How do I calculate the kilogramme of feeds to give my fishes per day? Awaiting a reply from u. Thanks

You mailed me theses questions.. I have answered them.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bily(m): 6:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
robonski15:

You mailed me theses questions.. I have answered them.. Thanks

I think it would be beneficial for you to reply this question here on the forum since the said question had been brought to light here. others reading including myself will appreciate your answer. except the information is not entirely free wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
bily:

I think it would be beneficial for you to reply this question here on the forum since the said question had been brought to light here. others reading including myself will appreciate your answer. except the information is not entirely free wink

My sincere apologies.... Noted
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dear friends I can't just understand and imagine why some scrupulous elements will mail and threaten me to stop answering questions and giving out informations because of their selfish nature.. SMH.. God help us all..

23 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:28pm On Apr 25, 2013
Watchout tomorrow for my next post on "melange" fish farming... Another money spining business... Stay tuned.. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kelvin1191(m): 12:27am On Apr 26, 2013
@Op, dont mind d greedy ones. This ar the same pple shouting dat 9ja is corrupt & that there's no Job in d country. Do u knw how many youth this ur thread is going to take off the street? I av been searching 4 this same info 4 long. Even d ebook i bought is full of junk. Pls see d threat message as encouragement to do more. May God continue to prosper u & place u above ur enemies. Pls more info on standard pond specification, number of stock & if possible d quantity of feed 2 be administered daily. Tnks

12 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:33am On Apr 26, 2013
robonski15: Dear friends I can't just understand and imagine why some scrupulous elements will mail and threaten me to stop answering questions and giving out informations because of their selfish nature.. SMH.. God help us all..
publish their email

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shanda(m): 7:32am On Apr 26, 2013
Let's know them...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:35am On Apr 26, 2013
shanda: Let's know them...

I don't want to derail the thread... Since I know they are tooth less dogs, let's get down to our business..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shanda(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2013
@ robonski
I just sent you a mail.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2013
kelvin1191: @Op, dont mind d greedy ones. This ar the same pple shouting dat 9ja is corrupt & that there's no Job in d country. Do u knw how many youth this ur thread is going to take off the street? I av been searching 4 this same info 4 long. Even d ebook i bought is full of junk. Pls see d threat message as encouragement to do more. May God continue to prosper u & place u above ur enemies. Pls more info on standard pond specification, number of stock & if possible d quantity of feed 2 be administered daily. Tnks

Thank you sir for your encouragement.. A standard pond specification to me is 10 by 10 with a depth of 5 feet.. It will contain a thousand fish to maturity conveniently... Feed to be administered daily depends on the number of fish and sizes... I just make sure I don't underfeed and overfeed..

7 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:54am On Apr 26, 2013
shanda: @ robonski
I just sent you a mail.
Replied ur mail..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:10am On Apr 26, 2013
MELANGE FISH FARMING

Melange fish farming is one of the most profitable business in catfish farming.. I will be writing in clear and simple english for all to understand..

Melange farming takes 2 and half or 3 months from fingerlings stage to harvest.. Unlike table size fish that last 5months with heavy feeding..

The actuall weight of melange for harvest should be from 300 gramms to 500 gramms... So in a pond that can accomodate a thousand table size of 1kg it will accomodate a thousand five hundred melange or a bit higher... One interesting thing about melange is that you spend less and harvest at three month unlike table size that start eating heavily at the 3rd month till harvest.. To be continued..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:48am On Apr 26, 2013
For melange farming u must stock your pond very well because the more melang u have for harvest the more profit you will make... Consequently U MUST observe all the neccessary management practices like SORTING REGULARLY, CHANGING OF WATER REGULARLY, DONT OVERFEED AND UNDER FEED...

In melenge farming you must minimize cost and maximize profit.. So in terms of feeding we look for the cheapest feed to use which is vital feed.. U start using vital right from 2mm..

At 4mm you can source for a good local feed to finish with before harvest, but I feed straight with vital till harvest.. To be continued..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jagboade: 9:49am On Apr 26, 2013
@op, can u tell us how maggots are raise. Luking forward 2 ur reply. Tank u 4 d info.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 9:51am On Apr 26, 2013
PROFITABILITY:

For u to make a maximum profit u should hatch (spawn) on your own...
You can't buy fingerlings and expect to make a reasonable amount in melange farming...

Let's say u want to stock 5000 fish and you buy them for #10 per one that will be #50,000... The #50,000 should have been added for feeding...
For melange to be pfrofitable you need to spawn to stock well its just like you are doing a mass production... If you have never started hatching don't try melange farming..

LETS GO TO THE DRAWNING BOARD

Let's say u stock 5000 melange..
The buyers takes an everage weight of 28kg per bowl, because of easy transportation... The price for melange as at now is #350..Sometimes I get 8 bowls of melange per 1000 melange.. Hope u understand?? What I mean is this: if I stock 1000 melange I will get 8 bowls or 9 bowls at harvest..

8 bowls multiply be 28kg = 224kg
224kg multiply by #350 = #78400

If you stock 5000 that will give you #392,000 in just three months..

Melange farming is good when you have high capacity farm, that has a hatchery and nursery ponds and you keep hatching and stocking in mass.. To be continued

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Manweysabi(m): 10:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Robonski Robonska.... i dey feel you die. Well done, bro. God bless cool

5 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2013
Manweysabi: Robonski Robonska.... i dey feel you die. Well done, bro. God bless cool
Lol.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2013
MARKETING

Melange has the most market of all the fish venture.. I have over ten buyers who buys all the fish at once and pay cash,No matter how many fish u have.. There is a very steady market at liverpool apapa, amukoro etc here in lagos..

Infact sometimes they call me for contacts and I get my own cut out of it wink...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2013
Awaiting all your response..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2013
@op,nice job,since u request that we ask questions(though i know what u are saying),but knowledge isnt finite.my question is,your 300K plus,u mentioned at 3MONTHS for 5000 of d small fishes,is it profit?i blieve u can elaborate more

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by integrityfood: 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Adeymorla: How many litres is your pond capacity. IDeally you are supposed to have one fish per 4 litres of water since you don't use an aerator. To get better growth with catfish, u definately need one. Ihave been using mine for 2 yrs now and last year I made 70% return on my investment. If ure intrested I can show you how.

Pls i want to use a system that economizes the water usage (re-circulatory system0. Pls how can I get the aerator and wut other component do i require. my email is integrityfood@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by integrityfood: 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2013
@ oops: Pls i dont even know melange fish. How does it look like? it survival strength compare to cat fish??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
integrityfood: @ oops: Pls i dont even know melange fish. How does it look like? it survival strength compare to cat fish??

Malange is catfish.. "malange" is just the name of the size of catfish.. Just like we have fingerlings, juvenile, post juvenile, melange, table size..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
excelsiorfarm: @op,nice job,since u request that we ask questions(though i know what u are saying),but knowledge isnt finite.my question is,your 300K plus,u mentioned at 3MONTHS for 5000 of d small fishes,is it profit?i blieve u can elaborate more

When u make 392,000 for three months is absolute profit.. Like I said earlier on melange farming u need to stock well to maximize profit.. 5000 melange to me is the least u need to stock.. When u hatch frequently u can be harvesting every two months..

I do harvest every two months and I stock 10,000 .. Am planning on increasing my production soonest..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Manweysabi(m): 2:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
OP thanks for this insightful post! pleases, concerning the feed, are we to start giving them VITAL FEED (2mm) at Fingerlings stage? cos, as it is, i don't think there's VITAL FEED (0.5mm or 0.8mm). or can Fingerlings eat 2MM?

Lastly, how much will it cost to raise 5000 fingerlings to melange stage? Thank you!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
Manweysabi: OP thanks for this insightful post! pleases, concerning the feed, are we to start giving them VITAL FEED (2mm) at Fingerlings stage? cos, as it is, i don't think there's VITAL FEED (0.5mm or 0.8mm). or can Fingerlings eat 2MM?

Lastly, how much will it cost to raise 5000 fingerlings to melange stage? Thank you!

U start giving them 2mm of vital feed from fingerlings..

I use #150,000 to feed till harvest and the expenses used for hatching is also included..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Manweysabi(m): 2:55pm On Apr 26, 2013
robonski15:

U start giving them 2mm of vital feed from fingerlings..

I use #150,000 to feed till harvest and the expenses used for hatching is also included..
that is, #150,000 for 5000 fishes, right? that's cool.... i really need to learn how to hatch on my own to optimize profit/expenses. thanks!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2013
robonski15: Rebas farms will be conducting a PRACTICAL CATFISH HATCHING (SPAWNING) SEMINAR.. SERIOUS interested persons should send me an email.. REGARDS
. . . . I'm seriously interested in this. When will it take place? My e mail is 'modelmike7@yahoo.com'. Thanks and God bless you and your business.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dapix: 3:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
Hw does the melange look like? and whats the market like for them?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:50pm On Apr 26, 2013
modelmike7: . . . . I'm seriously interested in this. When will it take place? My e mail is 'modelmike7@yahoo.com'. Thanks and God bless you and your business.

The next training will be conducted on the 15th of may..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.