Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1482339 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Dank1u(m): 11:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
ademola1333:

Thanks boss! How many litres is the tank? Or how many adult fish can one contain?

Not sure about the number of fish, because I'm just like you, I'm about to start still yet to decide if it's more valuable than the tarpaulin, but I'm certain is a 1000l tank.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by drchillz: 3:07am On Jun 22, 2017
Piroo:
Good evening good people, please has anyone used GNLD Super Gro on your fish and what is the result.
Yes bro, its very fantastic. My fishes hit 1kg on d average at 4months. Call 08172747311 for prove and orders
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by drchillz: 3:44am On Jun 22, 2017
Wats app GRP admin plzzz add me up
Let bring up innovative ideas and b Hapi togeda
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 5:08am On Jun 22, 2017
Dank1u:

Not sure about the number of fish, because I'm just like you, I'm about to start still yet to decide if it's more valuable than the tarpaulin, but I'm certain is a 1000l tank.
Someone said here that an adult catfish needs an average of 15l of water. Going by that, it can contain about 67 adult catfish.
The tarpaulin pond of about 25,000l I saw on www.benuwatts.com is abt 59k. But I am doubting the genuineness of the company. Since all their transactions are done online, I am afraid of loosing my hard-earned cash.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bronce: 9:32am On Jun 22, 2017
please add me up on whatsapp group too 07060997588
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2017
Those in Lagos, I need costing for feed per the grades, plastic water tank to breed 500 fishes to grow out(the black tank), and if you construct ponds in Lagos, let me have your price & duration. Ovaprim cost & aquapro near ketu or ikorudu areas. Also your cost for juveniles, don't want runts.
Thanks. I want current prices

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
amba2017:
my oga. I still see the possibility because I once raised cat fish in a big plastic bucket but no wahala if the guy can afford gp tank

What size did you achieve sir...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
Those in Lagos, I need costing for feed per the grades, plastic water tank to breed 500 fishes to grow out(the black tank), and if you construct ponds in Lagos, let me have your price & duration. Ovaprim cost & aquapro near ketu or ikorudu areas. Also your cost for juveniles, don't want runts.
Thanks. I want current prices
robonski give me the answers, you dey Lagos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by medicadex(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2017
Whatsapp group admin,
Please add me to the group 08109383593
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by demisho(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2017
FREE! FREE!! FREE!!! ENLIGHTENING SEMINAR.
Have you always want to invest in a profitable Agribusiness and reap from the profit of such business thereof?.
If that's your case, then come learn how to buy shares with Dermisho and receive annual Dividends from your investment.

Contact the numbers in the flyers for participation and Registration.

Please re-share and rebroadcast to give it the widest publicity

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2017
ademola1333:

Thanks. Do you know the price range of this tank?
between 10k to 15k. depends on where you are buying from and your bargaining power
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 5:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Dank1u:

Thanks please what do you used in washing the tank, I'm a little concerned because it was used for biocide, doesn't it pose a health risk for fry and larvae? Because I'm thinking of going into hatchery
wash it with detergent, then soak poultry waste in the tank for like 3 days or soak leaves inside the tank and allow it to decay
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
ademola1333:

Thanks boss! How many litres is the tank? Or how many adult fish can one contain?
with good water mgt it can take 100 to maturity.. i but I will advise you to stock 80 - 90
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amba2017: 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2017
robonski15:

What size did you achieve sir...
melange, though I did that because of space but later transfered them to bigger pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 8:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
amba2017:
with good water mgt it can take 100 to maturity.. i but I will advise you to stock 80 - 90
Alright boss, thanks for the info! I inquired about the price today in Ibadan, the least price I got was #21,500.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Dank1u(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
amba2017:
wash it with detergent, then soak poultry waste in the tank for like 3 days or soak leaves inside the tank and allow it to decay

Thanks, I want to used it as over head tank, so it would be difficult since I'm not cutting it, and the lid is so narrow
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 23, 2017
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shykes05: 7:02am On Jun 23, 2017
Viable Catfish Juveniles available in Abuja
Call Seyi to make ur order. Call or Whatsapp 07036133293
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Virginmoney777: 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
GOODNEWS! GOODNEWS!!GOODNEWS!!!!!!!
Are u a farmer(plant,fish farmers) or inteding farmer or you know farmers? Have you heard of the WONDERFUL DROP?
SUPER GRO ORGANIC FERTILIZER
Super Gro is a very wonderful natural liquid fertilizer which has now been brought to your doorstep to ensure the enhancement of your crops and agricultural productivity both in quality and quantity. It is a natural fertilizer that will increase your agricultural yield more than three times of what you do obtain from that of synthetic or chemical fertilizer that you are used to.
Super Gro is a product of NEOLIFE, a company that specializes in natural and nutritional health products for human and plants. It has been a wonderful experience for the users of these fantastic products.
Super Gro is a 100% organic liquid fertilizer, which is made from poultry droppings and sea bird guano. Being made from organic matter with absolutely no chemicals added to it, it is 100% safe to use on any vegetables and of course the rest of your garden. Super Gro can be applied to any plant, tree, vegetable and even grass that require fertilization.
Super Gro was started about fifteen years ago on the West Coast of South Africa. Its main ingredient being seabird guano gets collected from eight different sites along the West Coast under supervision of the South African Nature Conservation, to ensure that all of the birds and their nesting sites stay protected and minimal disturbance takes place. After the guano is dried
Tests done on this product reflect the following composition of macro and micro elements;
• Nitrogen (N) 72g per litre (Macro)
• Phosphorus (P) 45g per litre (Macro)
• Potassium (K) 30g per litre (Macro)
• Sulphur (S) 15g per litre (Macro)
• Calcium (CA) 9g per litre (Macro)
• Magnesium (MG) 7g per litre (Macro)
• Iron (FE) 5mg per litre (Micro)
• Iodine (IoD) 3mg per litre (Micro)
• Marine Salt (MS) 1mg per litre (Micro)
• Zinc (Zn) 1mg per litre (Micro)
Super Gro, as the name suggests, is the most wonderful natural liquid fertilizer ever produced for agro industry. It is meant for the purpose of growing crops and plants in order to add much value to them. This is to ensure that agricultural productivity is enhanced both in quality and in quantity. Super Gro Liquid Fertilizer being natural in essence means that it is devoid of chemical input which makes it different from the conventional chemical fertilizer that we all know. The advantages of Super Gro Natural Liquid Fertilizer over the Chemical Fertilizer are numerous and very great.
Because crops and plants depend so much on water, Super Gro is meant to improve the quality and quantity of water as required by these crops and plants for wonderful growth and production by adding the essential nutrients they require for that purpose. No wonder, Super Gro helps you make the most use of water: water, one of the basic fundamentals of life itself. Water, good quality water, is an issue of such importance that governments, states, provinces and major suburban areas around the world have created agencies to ensure its long-term

Surfactants are wetting agents that are used in several ways:
As emulsifiers to disperse oils.
As wetting agents, to lower surface tension.
As dispersing agents, to reduce adhesion between particles of chemicals, so
they will spread and remain in solution longer.
Features of Super Gro
Super Gro is a multi-purpose surfactant.
It makes water "wetter".
Specifically formulated to be effective, economical and versatile.
Easy to use.
Long shelf life.
Tolerates extreme temperature variations.
Safe to use indoors and outdoors.
Non-toxic, non-caustic and non-flammable.
It improves the absorption of nutrients.
Advantages of Using Super Gro
Because Super Gro makes water wetter, it increases soil penetration and retention.
Because Super Gro makes water to be wetter, it helps to retain the water under the soil much longer which ensures that the soil continues to be wet even in dry warm weather, which also makes the crops/plants maintain their evergreen outlook and growth during dry season (drought).
Biodegradable - leaves no harmful residue on the products of the crops and plants.
Super Gro being natural does not have chemicals that could leave any harmful residue on the soil, unlike other types of fertilizers…
It does not adversely alter soil pH.
Reduces watering time, by reducing run-off and evaporation.
It increases plant and crop yields - increased maximum production is assured.
It is highly concentrated and, therefore, very economical - a little quantity goes a very long way.
It is user-friendly, environment-friendly and nature-friendly.
It acts as a sticker on plants because it has internal ability to absorb solar energy and gum it to the plant for efficient and maximum production.
The crops and plants will have greener and healthier outlook at all times and at any
weather.
It enables farmers save a lot of time - a minimum portion of land produces maximum output (maximum yield).
It enables farmers save a lot of money - a minimum input produces maximum output (maximum yield).
It ensures uniformity of crops/plants and their seeds/products.
The Use of Super Gro for Fruits & Crops
It is quite suitable for the cultivation of crops like:

Vegetables, Pepper, Onions, Tomatoes, Beans, Maize, Soya-beans, Groundnut, Potatoes, Cassava, Yam, Cabbage, Carrot, Coco-yam, Okro, Banana, Plantain, Wheat, Rice, Millet, Water-Melon and a host of other crops.

Application/Mixture:
Mix as follows:
1ml of Super Gro with 1 litre of clear water.
5ml of Super Gro with 5 litres of clear water.
100ml of Super Gro with 100 litres of clear water
And so on.
Then agitate gently and spray on the leaves and stem/base of the crops/plants. Apply the same thing every 2 weeks, or every 3 week or once every month as you may desire. It is very important that you do this before the crops/plants start to sprout flowers.
The Use of Super Gro for Plants, Trees and Cash Crops
It is also very suitable for the cultivation of the following Cash Crops:
Cocoa, Cashew, Mango, Orange, Oil Palm, Pawpaw, Kola-nut, Pineapple, Rubber and a host of other plants and cash crops.
Application/Mixture:
Mix as follows:
2ml of Super Gro with 1 litre of clear water.
10ml of Super Gro with 5 litres of clear water
200ml of Super Gro with 100 litres of clear water
And so on.
Then agitate gently and spray on the leaves and stem/base of the crops/plants. Apply the same thing every 2 weeks, or every 3 week or once every month as you may desire. It is very important that you do this before the crops/plants start to sprout flowers.

This product from nature does not affect your skin because it is non-caustic and non-toxic.
The growth and yield from Super Gro is SUPER and FANTASTIC.
The Use of Super Gro for Fish Farming
Concrete or Mud Ponds are most preferable
Application/Mixture
Fill the ponds with clear water measured in liters and add 1ml of Super Gro per 10 liters of water and agitate gently. Then leave this treated water for 7 days to fertilizer the pond. drain this water on the 8th day. fill the pond with clear water and leave for 3 days after which u can stock your pond. for more enquiry, inbox me or reach me on 09030569753

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2017
Onyireen:
Where can I get original Artemia in Lagos and how much does it cost

You mean cysts or shellfree?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 8:16pm On Jun 23, 2017
You mean cysts or shellfree

I think it should be shell free. Which ever one ooo. I learnt there are lot of fake ones, how do I know original.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mikess: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2017
skyhighfishfarm:
HI fellow fish farmers and customers, I have melange catfish for sale 300g-600g in lokoja kogi state 50kg worth you can call this number 09057653538 @skyhighfishfarm lokoja

Please sir, are into hatching? Am a fresh graduate and interested in fishery. I would like to learn how to hatch. Am currently in lokoja. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Onyireen:

I think it should be shell free. Which ever one ooo. I learnt there are lot of fake ones, how do I know original.

Maybe the first 2-3 days you can give live nauplii, and later on shellfree. If you can get your hands on a closed can of Ocean Nutrition Shellfree, don't hesitate, they are by far the best at the moment.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
Please house this is the fish feed formula I use for my fishes-

2-4months (from post fingerlings)
Fishmeal 25kg
Corn 10kg
Wheat bran- 5kg
Rice bran- 5kg
Soyabean cake 30kg
Groundnut cake 25kg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
2 crates of egg.
Starch 100grams.

4-6 months
Fishmeal 20kg
Corn 10kg
Soyabean cake 25kg
Groundnut cake 20kg
Palm kernel cake 15kg
Rice bran 5kg
Wheat bran 5kg
Half crate of egg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
Starch 100grams.

Please is this formula good enough or is there something I should add or reduce in quantity.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
[quote author=AiNoowFish post=57810149]

Maybe the first 2-3 days you can give live nauplii, and later on shellfree. If you can get your hands on a closed can of Ocean Nutrition Shellfree, don't hesitate, they are by far the best at the moment.

I don't really understand, can you throw more light, what's naupili?. Let me know if u r in Lagos. Maybe u can be of great assistance to me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 8:25am On Jun 25, 2017
[quote author=Onyireen post=57815836][/quote]

Nauplii are hatched live artemia, shellfree are artemia eggs/cysts with the shell removed, so fish larvae can eat them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 8:34am On Jun 25, 2017
MAAF:

Fishmeal 25kg
Corn 10kg
Wheat bran- 5kg
Rice bran- 5kg
Soyabean cake 30kg
Groundnut cake 25kg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
2 crates of egg.
Starch 100grams.

4-6 months
Fishmeal 20kg
Corn 10kg
Soyabean cake 25kg
Groundnut cake 20kg
Palm kernel cake 15kg
Rice bran 5kg
Wheat bran 5kg
Half crate of egg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
Starch 100grams.

Please is this formula good enough or is there something I should add or reduce in quantity.

Looks like decent formulas. What type of Vitamin C you use? You might consider adding a bit of all-in vitamin premix. Also closely watch quality of your ingredients for spoilage (aflatoxins through moulding, or fat oxidation).
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 9:09am On Jun 25, 2017
MAAF:

Fishmeal 25kg
Corn 10kg
Wheat bran- 5kg
Rice bran- 5kg
Soyabean cake 30kg
Groundnut cake 25kg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
2 crates of egg.
Starch 100grams.

4-6 months
Fishmeal 20kg
Corn 10kg
Soyabean cake 25kg
Groundnut cake 20kg
Palm kernel cake 15kg
Rice bran 5kg
Wheat bran 5kg
Half crate of egg
Lysine 100grams
methionine 100grams
Vit C 100 grams
Salt 100grams
Starch 100grams.

Looks like decent formulas. What type of Vitamin C you use? You might consider adding a bit of all-in vitamin premix. Also closely watch quality of your ingredients for spoilage (aflatoxins through moulding, or fat oxidation). And you could add some 100-200 grams of citric acid powder.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2017
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amyzon: 2:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
darkdragon:
from your picture the water is polluted, you have a poor water managment, that is a fungi infection so you need to treat them with a antifungi drug + salt for atleast 5 days

Thank u so much , u were very helpful. They are doing better now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amyzon: 2:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
Who knows the current price of fish now. I heard 600 650
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
AiNoowFish:

Looks like decent formulas. What type of Vitamin C you use? You might consider adding a bit of all-in vitamin premix. Also closely watch quality of your ingredients for spoilage (aflatoxins through moulding, or fat oxidation). And you could add some 100-200 grams of citric acid powder.
Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.