Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:42 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1482171 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JSayin(f): 9:36am On Sep 22, 2017
vickifeanyi47:
Can you send to Abia umuahia?

Kindly call let's discuss further
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:43pm On Sep 22, 2017
OmoOshodi:
madan don't mind them... Most of them are theory farmers.... You are very correct provided your water exchange is up to 90%. ... My experience so far I never see where person go stock pile feeds for fishes.....as they grow they feed less... It's a sygnoid curve for goodness sake..... Increase at increasing rate and later increase at decreasing rate. Oga o teacher dn plenty pass the student..... We are all still learning sha.... As knowledge is a continor.... Don't ever say someone is wrong ... Thanks

Can u kindly Shed more light..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
OmoOshodi:
madan don't mind them... Most of them are theory farmers.... You are very correct provided your water exchange is up to 90%. ... My experience so far I never see where person go stock pile feeds for fishes.....as they grow they feed less... It's a sygnoid curve for goodness sake..... Increase at increasing rate and later increase at decreasing rate. Oga o teacher dn plenty pass the student..... We are all still learning sha.... As knowledge is a continor.... Don't ever say someone is wrong ... Thanks

I thought I was the only one at a loss on this submission. Kindly break it down for clearer understanding

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Agrozenith: 2:51am On Sep 23, 2017
#October 1st cutoff prize#
organic plant extract ,
Content- VA, VD3, VE, YK, serine, leucine, l-methonine, aspartic acid, lysine, yeast polysaccharides, cystine
Functions:-
1- level rapid growth
2- Immunity builder
3- protection and prevention of all kinds of diseases
4- Reduce mortality
5- increase metabolism and appetite
Help to improve daily growth of your aquatic livestock .. 300gram per pack go for 150kg of feed. This product is Nafdac approved. With so much testimonies from farmers using it. 08038275594.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2017
@OmoOshodi....I also reserve my comment untill you clarify your comments.....

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Shersky: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2017
robonski15:

Been calling no response

@robonski I am sorry. Please could you send a text message or call back as soon as possible?

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2017
do anybody have a take on feeding catfish with bloodmeal...I really need to know if it's a good decision
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
snnaija:
do anybody have a take on feeding catfish with bloodmeal...I really need to know if it's a good decision
It is a very good source of protein. It makes fish grow big.
It makes water dirty/black. When use excessively, It causes crack-head disease.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
ademola1333:

It is a very good source of protein. It makes fish grow big.
It makes water dirty/black. When use excessively, It causes crack-head disease.
thanks...so you have to change your water regularly when it's used
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2017
snnaija:
thanks...so you have to change your water regularly when it's used
If used raw, water turns black faster. I prefer buying the boiled and sundried ones. I used it in making pellets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Onyireen(f): 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Contact us for your Hybrid seed, Fingerlings and Post Fingerlings
Available in Large quantity and at an Affordable rate
Reasonable discount awaits bulk buyers
Iba, Ojo, Lagos State.
Thanks for your patronage over time
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2017
Pure HETEROBRANCHUS Catfish Standard Jumbo up for grabs. They have ability to unlimited growth over a long period of time. Example picture uploaded. Place order via WhatsApp 08022557145. Limited quantity available... Mobile: 08054621673.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
I use 5 % for starter and 10 % for finisher .Though my suggestion is to get it your self and cook then mix with GNC to make it dry
snnaija:

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
james87871:
I use 5 % for starter and 10 % for finisher .Though my suggestion is to get it your self and cook then mix with GNC to make it dry
Pls what is gnc
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
sad what you guys are asking for is a clinical explanation of what I said up there which is almost impossible to explain here.... If not for the practical experience I've had about it .... I would just follow the crowd on the issue.
Would love to to let us know the below info.
- I stand to be corrected as we all still learning
*Fishes require higher Crude protein to grow bigger at initial stage and less CP at latter stage (which made 2mm feed to be more expensive when compared to 4mm n 6mm feed). Once they grow all the gonads and other features of there body that slows their growth.... Less CP is required but some of we farmers still go ahead to feed high CP all through in the name of compounded feeds
*Fishes needed just 1 or 2 of extruded pellet per meal( the chemical constituents of the feed require thus) additional is just a waste or snacks. [but we need to be sure all of them picks it.... That calls for more input at a time]
*fish farmer with a very good water exchange/ aerator is bound to have 1kg an above in 8 weeks from juveniles. [this proves high dissolve oxygen in water + less feed is what this guys need to grow[practical experience]
*lastly some farmers feed their ponds instead of fishes and we complain of high feed input.

Please more explanation are on all that I wrote above ... We can never say it all
Please feel free to paint/correct/add/disagree/bash me.... I want to learn at you guys feet the more thanks

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2017
robonski15:

Can u kindly Shed more light..
when excessive dietary protein was provided, the excess protein was catabolized into energy, leading to a reduction in feed utilization efficiency. No be book be this my Oga .... Na Practicals .... And we all know say the thirst/ quest for protein rich feeds beyond normal are the cause of our losses in achieving appreciable sizes within shortest period of time.

Summary : when you start you feed high... It gets to a point all you need is feed less with good water exchange to achieve good results.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 7:52am On Sep 25, 2017
ademola1333:

If used raw, water turns black faster.
I prefer buying the boiled and sundried ones. I used it in making pellets.

Can the boiled sundried blood meal given to dem direct??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 8:27am On Sep 25, 2017
duullie88:

Can the boiled sundried blood meal given to dem direct??
No.
It is either you give to them raw directly or you grind the sundried to make pellets. Though some used both in making garri balls (eba) for adult fish.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bakerdav: 10:29am On Sep 25, 2017
Pls urgent price of table fish
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by PrinceAlaba(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
I have 500pcs of catfish for sale in osogbo , average weight is 0.5kg, 08135511694
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by choiceagric26: 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2017
to all ogas in the forum,please, at what age can tilapia be introduce if polyculture in needed,the tilapia will be place in its own mini pond in the main pond which will allow only there fry out to the catfish
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
Do you mean to reduce the protein content or to reduce the quantity of feed . ?
OmoOshodi:
when excessive dietary protein was provided, the excess protein was catabolized into energy, leading to a reduction in feed utilization efficiency. No be book be this my Oga .... Na Practicals .... And we all know say the thirst/ quest for protein rich feeds beyond normal are the cause of our losses in achieving appreciable sizes within shortest period of time.

Summary : when you start you feed high... It gets to a point all you need is feed less with good water exchange to achieve good results.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 10:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ground nut cake
snnaija:

Pls what is gnc

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
This is a big lesson it has happen to me when I got started with fish farming until I change the feeding method some people will tell you feed twice a day and to saturated if you are not careful you feed a what is suppose to eat for 3 month in a single month and you can't get the weight on the fish within a month .
OmoOshodi:
sad what you guys are asking for is a clinical explanation of what I said up there which is almost impossible to explain here.... If not for the practical experience I've had about it .... I would just follow the crowd on the issue.
Would love to to let us know the below info.
- I stand to be corrected as we all still learning
*Fishes require higher Crude protein to grow bigger at initial stage and less CP at latter stage (which made 2mm feed to be more expensive when compared to 4mm n 6mm feed). Once they grow all the gonads and other features of there body that slows their growth.... Less CP is required but some of we farmers still go ahead to feed high CP all through in the name of compounded feeds
*Fishes needed just 1 or 2 of extruded pellet per meal( the chemical constituents of the feed require thus) additional is just a waste or snacks. [but we need to be sure all of them picks it.... That calls for more input at a time]
*fish farmer with a very good water exchange/ aerator is bound to have 1kg an above in 8 weeks from juveniles. [this proves high dissolve oxygen in water + less feed is what this guys need to grow[practical experience]
*lastly some farmers feed their ponds instead of fishes and we complain of high feed input.

Please more explanation are on all that I wrote above ... We can never say it all
Please feel free to paint/correct/add/disagree/bash me.... I want to learn at you guys feet the more thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dolarland(m): 7:45pm On Sep 26, 2017
dking123:

Enugu State
how are u doing sir. i lost my line u can now reach me through 09026870050
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello house! I want to ask if it is proper to raise different species of catfish (Heterobronchus and Clarias G.) in the same pond?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Good am to all d gurus/newbies smiley
Can anyone recommend a good fish growth booster/multi vitamins.. planning to sort my smaller fishes and boost dem... thanks house.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tony818(m): 9:54am On Sep 27, 2017
Fish farming is a very lucrative agricultural business, you can learn more on fish farming on this site http://informationhive.com.ng/fish-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
duullie88:
Good am to all d gurus/newbies smiley
Can anyone recommend a good fish growth booster/multi vitamins.. planning to sort my smaller fishes and boost dem... thanks house.
Fish Boost Plus
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
ademola1333:

Fish Boost Plus

Thanks..
have u heard of using white vitamin c
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
duullie88:

Thanks.. have u heard of using white vitamin c
I heard about it on this forum that it boosts their immunity against diseases.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
ademola1333:

I heard about it on this forum that it boosts their immunity against diseases.

To the gurus pls shed more light on this.. tanx

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.