Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1490370 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OyinO: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2018
fisher777:

Thanks so much for the correction bro. Appreciated much...no man is an island of knowledge. I worked with 800 cos last time I checked in my area south east it was around that price cos people prefer the fishes quite big here 1.4kg+..but I humbly accept your correction I have not been in the area regularly for some time now. With the current price of feed, the market price of fish in Ibadan is ridiculous...tho i dont know what u meant by ibadan size. My point in the write up is to encourage the intending farmer to start right (good seed, good feed, good mgt) have a regular source of funds from which to pull as and when needed since he/she want to go in big- if all is well with them dem dey chop o! I remember working with a mentor and we had often times during certain stages of fish growth spent 3bags of vital feed per day in a pond with little less than 1000 fishes tho the fishes paid well too. AQUACULTURE IS NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED. IT IS A RISKY BUSINESS. YOU MUST HAVE PASSION FOR IT TO SUCCEED IN IT. When you start your new batch or before you do....try to implement your plan to secure lower cost means of feeding the fishes...remember to monitor them closely to see how they're responding... +vely or otherwise. I hope you have plans to sell your fishes to the highest bidder..I mean you must not sell in Ibadan and try to avoid middle men as much as you can. The key is to stock your 4000 in stages so you don't end up at the same time with tons and tons of fishes itching to be sold while you don't wish to spend much on feeding any longer. A buyer might be tempted to price you nuts and kernels if he/she perceive you're pressed financially... and you definitely will be pressed after spending your 1.6mill on 4000 fishes ....not that your money is finished now but because you wouldn't want to spend more. I hope you do catch the joke.

As for those who sell manuals they got free from Google search..dere is God o. there names will soon appear on looters list.

As for those who organise seminars and charge people 2000 and so on as if aquaculture is like boiling yam....their cup go soon full....I pity those who attend such seminars.

You will never learn aquaculture by attending seminars in hotels. You learn from a seasoned farmer and by personal experience. I stand for what i do and i am willing to offer assistance as little as I can...and I am still very much a learner o pls. The more home grown fish we have the less imported fish we'll eat. (No offense if u sell imported fish, am only speaking from an entrepreneurial mindset.)

Great input. Kudos
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 2:11pm On Jun 10, 2018
RECHARGEABLE AND NON-RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMPS FOR SALE.

It has Impact-resistant rubber diaphragm and valve.
a unique structure with good heat dissipation and very silent.
Low Noise.
very durable
also with High air output
Very low power consumption. same as a 40w, 60w or 120w bulb.
little or no maintenance cost.
Can be used for more than 1 fish pond.

Replenish the oxygen levels in your pond with this convenient oxygenator. It uses electricity or battery power to pump oxygen into the water.

The pump will use energy supplied by gen or PHCN. Surplus power is used to recharge the internal batteries. when the power goes the battery power kicks in.

Helps increase metabolism in fish, Feed conversion ratio(FCR), Fish growth, Reduces Fish Mortality and Increases Fish resistance to diseases.

ACCESSORIES INCLUDED:- Air Tubing, Elbow connectors, Tee connectors, Air Stones and Air Splitters.

Widely used in fish farms, Shrimp farms, Oriental ponds, Aquaponics, hydroponics, sewage treatment plants, and aquariums. Good for areas with little or no electricity.

Helps increase metabolism in fish, Feed conversion ratio(FCR), Fish growth, Reduces Fish Mortality and Increases Fish resistance to diseases.

Nationwide Doorstep Delivery within 14 working days

RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMPS

8H BATTERY BACK UP POWER, CHARGING TIME- 12H. Charges while working on electricity or Generator.

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-4900 (35W) 2,400L/HR - 12meters Air Tubing, 6 Air Stones, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 65,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-5900 (50W) 3,000L/HR - 12meters Air tubing, 6 Air Stones, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 70,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-6900 (75W) 4,800L/HR - 16metersAir tubing, 8 Air Sotnes, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 75,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-7900 (100W) 5,400L/HR - 24meters Air tubing, 12 Air Stones, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors - N 85,000

FISHER RECHARGEABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-8900 (120W) 6,000L/HR - 24meters Air tubing, 12 Air Stones, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors - N 90,000

HAILEA CP-60 AC-DC RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMP (80W) - , 8H BATTERY POWER, CHARGING TIME- 12H, 3,600L/HR - 10 OUTLETS, AIR REGULATOR . 0.03Mpa. 10 AIR STONES, 20 METERS HOSE
SELL - N 95,000

Xaar S-200B AC and DC dual-power high-power 300W aeration pump (10,800 Ltr/HR)
Comes with 32 meters air tubing
16 Air Stones
4,8,16 air splitter connectors.
Good for 5-10 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 130,000

Xaar S-60B Power 65-80W Displacement (4,200 Ltr/Hr)
Comes with 20 meters air tubing
10 Air Stones
4,8 air splitter connectors.
Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 75,000

Xaar S-40B Power 40-50W Displacement (2,880Ltr/Hr)
Comes with 16 meters air tubing
8 Air Stones
Good for 1-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 70,000

Purcell S-88B 80 AC and DC aerators Cordless air pump 12 Outlets 145-180W (5,100Ltr/Hr) oxygen air pump
Comes with 24 meters air tubing
12 Air Stones
Good for 5-8 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 82,000

NON RECHARGEABLE

LP 100:- 8,400ltrs/hr 100w, aeration pump. comes with 100metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 10 (8cm) air stones, 10 tees, and elbows. Good for 5-8 (5000ltr upwards) ponds- N 115,000

LP 60:- 4,200ltrs/hr 60w aeration pump.
comes with 100metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 10 (8cm)air stones, 10 tees and elbows. Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds- N 97,000

LP 40:- 3,000ltrs/hr 40w aeration pump.
comes with 50metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 1-2 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds- N 90,000

AC-001:- 2280Ltrs/Hr 18w aeration pump.
comes with 20metres air tubing, 4,8 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 1-2 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds - N 55,000

AC-003- 3,900Ltrs/Hr 35w aeration pump.
comes with 20metres air tubing, 4,8 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds - N 60,000

Additional Air stone prices are as follows.
6cm -N1,800 each
8cm- N 2,000. Each
10cm- N 2,600.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by micgray100(m): 4:30pm On Jun 10, 2018
Insterested in this product.. I called you this morning..

HAILEA CP-60 AC-DC RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMP (80W) - , 8H BATTERY POWER, CHARGING TIME- 12H, 3,600L/HR - 10 OUTLETS, AIR REGULATOR . 0.03Mpa. 10 AIR STONES, 20 METERS HOSE
SELL - N 95,000

Is the man from Zaria, Kaduna.. Will speak to you on the price
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
micgray100:
Insterested in this product.. I called you this morning..

SELL - N 95,000

Is the man from Zaria, Kaduna.. Will speak to you on the price

Call appreciated working on getting it to you asap. would let you know what I find out from GIG logistics about delivering to Zaria. so we can proceed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
novexme:
Benefits of Using Aeration Pumps

Why Your Pond Needs An Air Pump?

The One Accessory You Should Buy. If you’re not using an air pump on your pond, you probably don’t realize what a big risk you are taking and benefits you are missing.

It’s amazing how many fish farmers up to this day have yet to discover the benefits of an air pump.
Pond Aeration “Aeration” in one word, sums up the reason why your pond needs an air pump.
Pond aeration is as essential to ponds as air, particularly oxygen, is essential for us to live.

In lakes and ponds, not only fish are dependent on dissolved oxygen (DO) supply in the water. Many other organisms in the water also depend on it to function well and survive.
A shortage of oxygen opens a Pandora’s Box of problems to your pond’s water quality and clarity, which can rapidly escalate to fish deaths sooner than you expect.
So unless you are willing to take the risk of suffering the consequences from poor pond aeration, a pond air pump is a must.

Don’t Ponds Get Naturally Aerated?

Ponds get naturally aerated, but not adequately. Unlike mountain streams or raging rivers that have higher DO levels, the comparatively still waters in ponds don’t get additional aeration benefit from energised water movement.
In addition, air contains only about 20% oxygen. So even if oxygen diffused from the atmosphere dissolves passively into the water, the amount is far too low to be sufficient.
To make matters even worse, several factors further decrease the level of DO in the water.

Some of them are:
Rising temperature – the demand for oxygen rises as temperature goes up due to increased metabolic rates of fish and other aquatic life.

Fish population and size – the more fish you have in the pond, and the bigger they are, the more oxygen is used up.

Decomposing organic matter – fish and animal wastes, fertiliser run-offs dead leaves, etc make up organic matter in the pond that requires a lot of oxygen to decompose.

Submerged plants and algae – these take in oxygen in the night, which contributes to the drop of oxygen levels after sun down.

Oxygen consuming bacteria – oxygen is required by aerobic bacteria in order to efficiently breakdown nutrients and toxic substances, like ammonia.
The more nutrients and organic wastes are in the water, the more oxygen is consumed by these bacteria.

Presence of other water solutes and use of treatment products reduce DO.

Given these facts, it’s just logical to conclude that ponds need additional help to keep topping-up their exhausted dissolved oxygen supplies.

However, some unconvinced pond owners argue that their ponds have been problem-free even without using pond aerators.

Maybe so, but as your pond gets older, more organic sediments accumulate, fish get bigger and aerobic bacteria multiply.

Increased demand of oxygen soon takes a serious toll on your water’s oxygen levels and it is just a matter of time before problems surface up.

Why Air Pumps and Not Any Other Pond Aerators:

There are different sorts of pond aerators available to address pond aeration. However, tests show that pond air pumps are most efficient in diffusing sufficient oxygen throughout the body of water and not only on the surface.
Because pond air pumps rely on air movement to oxygenate, the rate of oxygen diffused is relatively higher than other pond aerators that rely on water movement, like waterfalls and venturis.

So with efficient pond or lake aerators, you can be certain to get the following benefits:

Prevention of fish death due to oxygen depletion.

Keep useful aerobic bacteria active.

Promote the break-down of toxic substances in the water, like ammonia and nitrite.

Stop the release of toxic gases due to lack of oxygen.

Avoid rotten egg smell coming out of your pond caused by production of toxic gases.

Inhibit the growth of unsightly algae.

Help maintain clear water.

Raised oxygen levels in filters resulting to improved filter performance. Mainly for recirculatory systems.

Healthier Fish.

Will Any Type of Air Pump Do?

Not any kind of pond air pump will guarantee you the above benefits. To get the most out of a pond air pump, it is extremely important to choose the right size and quality. To find out what size of air pump will be efficient enough for your pond, calculate how many litres your pond has and calculate the size of air pump needed.

In terms of quality, just like you can’t expect the perks of a Rolls Royce from a Kia, so you can’t expect to gain equal advantages from different types of air pumps. If the “Rolls Royce” of air pumps at a reasonable price is what you want, then Resun Air Pumps are the best pond aerators for you.

These are “THE” top of the line pond air pumps used for many years in fish ponds and earthen ponds for their high performance, reliability, energy efficiency and ultra silent operation.

This air pump comes complete with additional Accessories added by us to make Installation hassle free and easily outperforms conventional air pumps.

Regardless of its size, a pond should not be without an efficient air pump.

Order the right size and quality air pumps for your fish farms now.

call Deji on 07036871939 to place your orders

Cc robonski15,excelsiorfarm,ttalk,OmoOshodi.

How do you use these pumps in respect to the number of ponds?

Take for instance you have 3 round plastic ponds.

What are the cost rates for these pumps?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 11:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
paulavon:
Fish pond in Benin city for sale.

It is made up of 7 units of 12X10 size concrete ponds.

It includes a bed sitter farm house with store and office.
The pond is built on a fenced 100 by 50 land.

Price: N2,000,000

Contact me on 09072501028.

Are you selling the pond with the land space?? That is the entire 100 by 50?

Where in benin is this? What's the location??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 11:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
robonski15:

You will need 7 of those tanks for for optimum result..

Oga, how much does a 1500L plastic tank currently cost?

Which is more cost effective between plastic tank and tarpaulin tank?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 4:23am On Jun 11, 2018
Next level.... Place your order

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 4:27am On Jun 11, 2018
Any quantity needed is available... 6

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ezinwa25(f): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good day everyone How do you detect iron content in water and how can it be controlled?

please Gurus in the house, I need answer
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ezinwa25(f): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2018
Good day everyone How do you detect iron content in water and how can it be controlled?

please Gurus in the house, I need answer
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
nairamaniac:

How do you use these pumps in respect to the number of ponds?

Take for instance you have 3 round plastic ponds.

What are the cost rates for these pumps?

1. How do you use these pumps in respect to the number of ponds? - the pumps I sell can cater for aeration from 1 - 10 large or small ponds.

2. Take for instance you have 3 round plastic ponds. - to know this you have to get the volume of each pond(i.e the volume of water each pond can hold) once you know these you can then decide which air pump to go for.

volume for circular ponds is V=πr2h
volume for a rectangular pond is V = L * H * W

after getting the volume you convert into litres, most of us in Nigeria use the feet measurement to measure our ponds, so I would use that as an example.

to get the litres you multiply each cubic feet (ft3) by 28.31. i.e litres = ft3* 28.31.

say R(Radius of the pond)=5ft, H(water level height)= 4ft and Pi is 3.14

Volume = 314ft3. in Litres = 314 * 28.31= 8889.34Ltrs

let's say for example each pond holds 8889.34 Ltrs of water, 8889.34*3= 26,668.02 Ltrs of water to be aerated.

we have 24hrs a day but say you have electricity 12hrs a day, it means 26,668.02/12= 2,222ltrs to aerate every hour.

by that, you split your air stones between each pond to aerate each one equally. say two air stones or 3 air stones per pond.

Invariably that means 740Ltrs of water would be aerated in each pond every hour.

by that calculations, you can pick an aerator that aerates from 2,400Ltrs per hour upwards. depending on how fast you want to aerate all the ponds.

3. What are the cost rates for these pumps? - They are very cost effective the same current your light bulb draws is what they use. the highest one I have is a 300w pump that aerates 10,800L/hr.

Maintenance is also not plenty, just cleaning of the filter once every 6months depending on usage.

Now I also have rechargeable air pumps that work for a longer period of time. 8Hrs battery back up, charging time 12hrs. works while it's charging.

Any more questions I am here to answer. check my signature for my contact.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kazeemmuka(m): 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
40,000 fingerlings needed..

Lagos - Ogun axis preferably.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sshyne(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
kazeemmuka:
40,000 fingerlings needed..

Lagos - Ogun axis preferably.

Where are you based?
Call or contact me on whatsapp... 09038009576
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abdoh: 8:58pm On Jun 11, 2018
youngzoologist:
�kindly contact me if you have catfish of 350g-500g if your farm is in Lagos. Chat me your price and location in lagos.
Thanks
Chat up at 08036858267
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 10:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
novexme:

1. How do you use these pumps in respect to the number of ponds? - the pumps I sell can cater for aeration from 1 - 10 large or small ponds.

2. Take for instance you have 3 round plastic ponds. - to know this you have to get the volume of each pond(i.e the volume of water each pond can hold) once you know these you can then decide which air pump to go for.

after getting the volume you convert into litres, most of us in Nigeria use the feet measurement to measure our ponds, so I would use that as an example.

to get the litres you multiply each cubic feet (ft3) by 28.31. i.e litres = ft3* 28.31.

let's say for example each pond holds 8889.34 Ltrs of water, 8889.34*3= 26,668.02 Ltrs of water to be aerated.

we have 24hrs a day but say you have electricity 12hrs a day, it means 26,668.02/12= 2,222ltrs to aerate every hour.

by that, you split your air stones between each pond to aerate each one equally. say two air stones or 3 air stones per pond.

Invariably that means 740Ltrs of water would be aerated in each pond every hour.

by that calculations, you can pick an aerator that aerates from 2,400Ltrs per hour upwards. depending on how fast you want to aerate all the ponds.

3. What are the cost rates for these pumps? - They are very cost effective the same current your light bulb draws is what they use. the highest one I have is a 300w pump that aerates 10,800L/hr.

Maintenance is also not plenty, just cleaning of the filter once every 6months depending on usage.

Now I also have rechargeable air pumps that work for a longer period of time. 8Hrs battery back up, charging time 12hrs. works while it's charging.

Bros, you try for all those calculations... That's why I decided to be a farmer yet the calculations keep following me around...well done.

I'm in serious search for alternative not-necessarily high cost uninterrupted power supply... I don't fancy generators cos of noise.... Sound proof versions sold to Nigerians aren't built to remain sound proof despite their high prices....Solar panel kits are still on the high side...

If you know a seasoned electrical engineer that understood his beans while in school let me know pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
fisher777:

Bros, you try for all those calculations... That's why I decided to be a farmer yet the calculations keep following me around...well done.

I'm in serious search for alternative not-necessarily high cost uninterrupted power supply... I don't fancy generators cos of noise.... Sound proof versions sold to Nigerians aren't built to remain sound proof despite their high prices....Solar panel kits are still on the high side...

If you know a seasoned electrical engineer that understood his beans while in school let me know pls

thanks for the compliment bros. about the engineer you need, I really don't know any. but would advise you go to one of this energy companies and weigh your options from the services they render.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2018
Here are pictures of my recent harvest, after using the Aeration pump. Mind you the fishes are 4months old. I used Durante feed all through. i stocked juveniles on Jan 24 and harvested on May 28th.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abescom: 3:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
novexme:
Here are pictures of my recent harvest, after using the Aeration pump. Mind you the fishes are 4months old. I used Durante feed all through. i stocked juveniles on Jan 24 and harvested on May 28th.
What was the average weight at harvest?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abescom: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2018
fisher777:

Sorry to bother you bro. Can you share the formular you always use? How long do you feed with floating? When do you start using your own feed? How much interstine or maggot do you give your fishes?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
novexme:

Thanx for the response.

Ur calculations were also well understood.

But how much do you charge for the aerator with the 2400Ltrs capacity?

Is it also true that with the aid of aerator, one can increase the quantity of fish to be grown in the pond?
For instance, if normally, one can rear 1000 fingerlings to maturity in a 10feet by 10feet pond, then more than that 1000 can be reared in that same dimension of pond with the use of an aerator?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
saheed3:
Good morning fam,

Farmers lets try to visit other people's farm once in a while to learn new things or to see what we are doing wrongly.

I'm a tarpaulin pond builder, I move from farm to farm alot to install pond.

Recently I was contacted by a farmer to add additional four pond, when I got there to take measurements, I met them doing sorting in a way that's efficient and different from what I have been doing at my farm.

Sorting is very important in fish farming. According to my preference, after water the next is sorting before feeding etc.

Do have a lovely day.

Please can you drop an estimate of how much you charge to construct;
1) per square feet of pond. Or per square meter, which ever unit you utilise.

2) to construct a 10feet by 10feet pond, breaking it down to the following;
A) Trampoline cost,
B) Framework (wood or pipe)

3) or just tell me how you charge or tender your quote.

I am interested.

Thanx!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nairamaniac: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
aragon4realz:

I don't think roofing of pond is a good idea

Why don't you think roofing is a good idea?

Pls elucidate.
Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2018
abescom:
What was the average weight at harvest?

Sorry about the late response just getting home. The average weight at harvest was 1.1kg
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 12:05am On Jun 13, 2018
nairamaniac:

Thanx for the response.

Ur calculations were also well understood.

But how much do you charge for the aerator with the 2400Ltrs capacity?

Is it also true that with the aid of aerator, one can increase the quantity of fish to be grown in the pond?
For instance, if normally, one can rear 1000 fingerlings to maturity in a 10feet by 10feet pond, then more than that 1000 can be reared in that same dimension of the pond with the use of an aerator?

Yes my brother with aeration pump you can stock more in a pond. My pond can take 800 table size fish conveniently but with the aeration pump I stocked 1,500

Though that was extreme, I can stock 1,200 conveniently with the aid of the aeration pump.

About the price, you can chat me up on Whatsapp so I can send them to you. Though I had already posted them here not long ago. Check my signature for my contact and msg me. Better still find below the prices break down.

RECHARGEABLE AND NON-RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMPS FOR SALE.

It has Impact-resistant rubber diaphragm and valve.
a unique structure with good heat dissipation and very silent.
Low Noise.
very durable
also with High air output
Very low power consumption. same as a 40w, 60w or 120w bulb.
little or no maintenance cost.
Can be used for more than 1 fish pond.

Replenish the oxygen levels in your pond with this convenient oxygenator. It uses electricity or battery power to pump oxygen into the water.

The pump will use energy supplied by gen or PHCN. Surplus power is used to recharge the internal batteries. when the power goes the battery power kicks in.

Helps increase metabolism in fish, Feed conversion ratio(FCR), Fish growth, Reduces Fish Mortality, increases stocking density and Increases Fish resistance to diseases.

ACCESSORIES INCLUDED:- Air Tubing, Elbow connectors, Tee connectors, Air Stones and Air Splitters.

Widely used in fish farms, Shrimp farms, Live fish transportation, Oriental ponds, Aquaponics, hydroponics, sewage treatment plants, and aquariums. Good for areas with little or no electricity.

Nationwide Doorstep Delivery within 14 working days.

RECHARGEABLE AIR PUMPS

8H BATTERY BACK UP POWER, CHARGING TIME- 12H. Charges while working on electricity or Generator.

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-4900 (35W) 2,400L/HR - 12meters Air Tubing, 6 Air Stones, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 65,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-5900 (50W) 3,000L/HR - 12meters Air tubing, 6 Air Stones, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 70,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-6900 (75W) 4,800L/HR - 16metersAir tubing, 8 Air Sotnes, 4,8 air splitter connectors - N 75,000

FISHER RECHARGABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-7900 (100W) 5,400L/HR - 24meters Air tubing, 12 Air Stones, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors - N 85,000

FISHER RECHARGEABLE AC/DC AIR PUMP F-8900 (120W) 6,000L/HR - 24meters Air tubing, 12 Air Stones, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors - N 90,000

SELL - N 95,000

Xaar S-200B AC and DC dual-power high-power 300W aeration pump (10,800 Ltr/HR)
Comes with 32 meters air tubing
16 Air Stones
Good for 5-10 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 130,000

Xaar S-60B Power 65-80W Displacement (4,200 Ltr/Hr)
Comes with 20 meters air tubing
10 Air Stones
Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 75,000

Xaar S-40B Power 40-50W Displacement (2,880Ltr/Hr)
Comes with 16 meters air tubing
8 Air Stones
Good for 1-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 70,000

Purcell S-88B 80 AC and DC aerators Cordless air pump 12 Outlets 145-180W (5,100Ltr/Hr) oxygen air pump
Comes with 24 meters air tubing
12 Air Stones
Good for 5-8 (5000ltr upwards) ponds - N 82,000

NON RECHARGEABLE

LP 100:- 8,400ltrs/hr 100w, aeration pump. comes with 100metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 10 (8cm) air stones, 10 tees, and elbows. Good for 5-8 (5000ltr upwards) ponds- N 115,000

LP 60:- 4,200ltrs/hr 60w aeration pump.
comes with 100metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 10 (8cm)air stones, 10 tees and elbows. Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards) ponds- N 97,000

LP 40:- 3,000ltrs/hr 40w aeration pump.
comes with 50metres air tubing, 4,8,16 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 1-2 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds- N 90,000

AC-001:- 2280Ltrs/Hr 18w aeration pump.
comes with 20metres air tubing, 4,8 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 1-2 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds - N 55,000

AC-003- 3,900Ltrs/Hr 35w aeration pump.
comes with 20metres air tubing, 4,8 air splitter connectors, 8 (8cm) air stones, 8 tees, and elbows. Good for 3-4 (5000ltr upwards or lower) ponds - N 60,000

Additional Air stone prices are as follows.
6cm -N1,800 each
8cm- N 2,000. Each
10cm- N 2,600.

Call DEJI on 07036871939 for inquiries.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 12:09am On Jun 13, 2018
nairamaniac:

Why don't you think roofing is a good idea?

Pls elucidate.
Tnx

Roofing or a form of shade is good for catfish production. Catfish naturally like shaded areas. So providing that for them increases their morale.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fisher777(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2018
abescom:
Sorry to bother you bro. Can you share the formular you always use? How long do you feed with floating? When do you start using your own feed? How much interstine or maggot do you give your fishes?

Feed formula varies based on age of fish to be fed, purpose of feeding and culture method. You may check thru the thread or ask direct and specific question so anyone who is willing and able may answer.

How long do you feed with floating?/when do you start using your own formula?
Again depends on personal preference, age of fish at stocking, purpose of stocking, Even your experience as a farmer matters too.

How much intestine or maggot do you give you fishes?
This depends on size/age of fish, personal preference and availability of the said product.

If you're a starter without handy experience, may I suggest you attach yourself to a farmer or farmers and learn from them even if it'll mean you working for them for up to three months without pay....lol.
Without prior hands-on experience you may not be able to easily apply the tons of info these good people share here on this forum...just my thots
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by nukubii: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hello Guys,

Who has mailuch catfish for sale, aroung ejigbo ikotun axis....please contact me on 08055573718
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abescom: 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2018
novexme:

Sorry about the late response just getting home. The average weight at harvest was 1.1kg
Thanks for the reply. It is greatly appreciated.

Do you mind telling us the number of bags of durante you used?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ateboh: 9:15am On Jun 14, 2018
Hmmmm help please.....
My 5 week fingerling are dropping.
Symptoms: swollen tommy with air inside. I have treated with tetracycline, vit B complex, livstovit. Aquapro supplement is added to their feed.
Urgently need help
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by novexme(m): 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2018
abescom:
Thanks for the reply. It is greatly appreciated.

Do you mind telling us the number of bags of durante you used?

The total amount of bags used is 47bags, fed to 1,500 fishes. for 4months.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by abescom: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
novexme:

The total amount of bags used is 47bags, fed to 1,500 fishes. for 4months.
Of Sketting, Ranna, aqualis or which feed?

Did you feed with other stuffs? Like your own formula? Maggot, interstine?

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.