Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! (5473 Views)

40 Shocking Prophecies For 2016 By A Nairalander / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: Gbam!..I WAS a catholic but i took some time out and thought about it...Romans were amongst the masterminds in the deaths and persecution of countless disciples..
ofcourse romans persecuted christians, and many other romans were converted to christainity, so what is your point?
St. Peter was never the first pope of the catholic faith PROOF NEEDED,
thank God you said proof needed, i am waiting
Jesus said he would make Peter the ROCK. Plus, Peter never said He was "God"...there were a lot of Rites that I didn't see as christian-like: Rosary usage was strictly spoken against by the Bible...
where did you get the bolded from?
Honouring Mary is also very wrong...
again where does the bible say this or you just think so?
I'll appreciate civilized and unbiased analysis at this point
i hope u consider d above "civilized".
Peace.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: ofcourse romans persecuted christians, and many other romans were converted to christainity, so what is your point? thank God you said proof needed, i am waiting where did you get the bolded from? again where does the bible say this or you just think so? i hope u consider d above "civilized".
Peace.
I'm happy you chose a civilized avenue to let your views known...

On "Honouring" Mary
www.gotquestions.org/worship-saints-mary.html

On Peter being Pope and why the title " Pope" was not dictated by the Bible
www.bible.ca/cath-peter=pope.htm

here's an overview of some of the teachings that are not in accordance with the bible
www.bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm

For the record, I'm not the initiator of this thread but I believe I'll try my best to treat your views with consideration

P.S my point with Romans being spear heads of "Christianity" stems from them trying over the centuries to adulterate Christianity by inducing teachings that are not in compliance with the Gospel

praying to Mary to intercede for you is wrong, read 1 Timothy 2: 5

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Dazl(f): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ Mard d dart
am going to stress on'honouring Mary nd praying the rosary.if u were a catholic as claimed,u shud knw hw the rosary was introduced in 1917 @ Fatimah..by 3 kids..take note of the date(dar was civilisation nd education @ dat time)its major purpose was 4 the conversion of d world nd repentance of sinners....is it biblical?
HAIL MARY,FUL OF GRACE,THE LORD IS WITH U,BLESSED ARE YOU AMONGST WOMEN
(luke1:28)
BLESSED IS THE FRUIT OF THY WOMB(Luke1:42).
HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD...isnt she the mother of God(Jesus)
PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH...wot prayer kud b swita dan dix...the prayer is meaningless if u make vain repetions(not meditating bt reciting)
if you think a virgin nd mother of our saviour dosnt desav honour,its ida u dont knw the minin of honour or u simply retarded...she wasnt d onli virgin @ dat time bt d only one chosen..
Why do i pray to her for help?She is the easiest most wholesome way to christ(her son) heart
if i can ask my pastor to pray 4 me,why nt MARY...wot son wil turn down d pleas of his mother
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Dazl(f): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ Mard d dart
am going to stress on'honouring Mary nd praying the rosary.if u were a catholic as claimed,u shud knw hw the rosary was introduced in 1917 @ Fatimah..by 3 kids..take note of the date(dar was civilisation nd education @ dat time)its major purpose was 4 the conversion of d world nd repentance of sinners....is it biblical?
PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND THE HOUR OF OUR DEATH...wot prayer kud b swita dan dix...the prayer is meaningless if u make vain repetions(not meditating bt reciting)
if you think a virgin nd mother of our saviour dosnt desav honour,its ida u dont knw the minin of honour or u simply retarded...she wasnt d onli virgin @ dat time bt d only one chosen..
Why do i pray to her for help?She is the easiest most wholesome way to christ(her son) heart
if i can ask my pastor to pray 4 me,why nt MARY...wot son wil turn down d pleas of his mother
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dazl: @ Mard d dart
did you read the articles and the Bible verse like I said you should, Dazl?
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
"Why do i pray to her for help?She is the easiest most wholesome way to christ(her son) heart"
for all Y'all with same views READ 1 TIMOTHY 2: 5 and get enlightened

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: "Why do i pray to her for help?She is the easiest most wholesome way to christ(her son) heart"

What did Jesus say to us about prayers in the bible?
Why would anyone pass through another human being to reach Jesus?

What happens to the ear of Jesus?

What about the prayers to the 'saints' you're not sure if they are in Heaven?

Did Mary died for your sins?

Why did you not ask Joseph to pray for you? Why Mary?
is this not occult of a religion?

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2013

Mary cannot pray for you, woman.

Since you said God has a mother- MARY, who is the father of God- Joseph??

Is this not a heart breaking blasphemy??
Why are you people breaking God's heart?? what sort of nonsense is this??

As God done a bad thing by allowing his son come down from Heaven to take a human form just because of your sins, my sins, Mary's sin, Joseph's sins and the sins of pastors, popes, bishops and every gaddamn f00lish sinners on earth??

How can you ask Mary to pray for you? someone that can never die for her husband let alone the whole world??

You guys always pray to Mary and then confess Peter as the first pope... show me a single verse of the bible where your first pope prayed to Mary
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Acidosis:

As God done a bad thing by allowing his son come down from Heaven to take a human form just because of your sins, my sins, Mary's sin, Joseph's sins and the sins of pastors, popes, bishops and every gaddamn f00lish sinners on earth??

How can you ask Mary to pray for you? someone that can never die for her husband let alone the whole world??

You guys always pray to Mary and then confess Peter as the first pope... show me a single verse of the bible where your first pope prayed to Mary
Guy, you are going about this the wrong way...the bible said a wise and gentle teacher must be quick to listening and slow to rebuke, what are your views about the links I posted
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Dazl(f): 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
Acidosis:

you see my dear,i don have any business with a pope wether first or last he wnt ever judge me...
God judges on the content of my heart and my faith...i have faith in the intercesion of Mary why?why blame me for praying the rosary asking for help nd my prayers get anserwed...am yet to si a problem iv encountered dat i tabled in prayer dat wasnt anserd.....God dat anserd my prayer is it dat he dint knw the kind of prayer i used?den y ansa me if my prayer is occultic?
Nobody is God...nd each man to his faith nd believe...bottom line is to make heaven...saying cathlics wnt make heaven is making ursef God...
I am proud to boldly say my rosary coz of d asurance of an answer...
If d way u pray works well for u,hu am i to say CHANGE IT
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 4:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dazl:

you see my dear,i don have any business with a pope wether first or last he wnt ever judge me...
God judges on the content of my heart and my faith...i have faith in the intercesion of Mary why?why blame me for praying the rosary asking for help nd my prayers get anserwed...am yet to si a problem iv encountered dat i tabled in prayer dat wasnt anserd.....God dat anserd my prayer is it dat he dint knw the kind of prayer i used?den y ansa me if my prayer is occultic?
Nobody is God...nd each man to his faith nd believe...bottom line is to make heaven...saying cathlics wnt make heaven is making ursef God...

cool, but ma, the fact that we get answers to our prayers doesn't really mean we are on the right track with God (I'm sure you know that).

Do you know the traditional worshippers & followers of strange gods make use of the Bible + Qoran + 7th & 8th Book of Moses + Lucifer's diary... all combined in one for prayers and you know what? They get answers!
The sango worshippers get answers.

Not all that get answers to their prayers will make heaven. Everybody can pray, infact we all love prayers BUT when it comes to SIN (the enemy of God), we are chronic sinners..

Will a sinner make heaven? NO.
Will a non-believer (non- born again man/woman) make heaven? NO.

If a man doesn't make heaven, where would he end up?
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 4:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: Guy, you are going about this the wrong way...the bible said a wise and gentle teacher must be quick to listening and slow to rebuke, what are your views about the links I posted

Alright sir, I'll go through the links
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dazl:

My people are distraught for want of knowledge-Let him that chooses to serve the Lord serve Him IN HOLINESS and IN TRUTH i.e in accordance to His word, for Holiness is gotten from utter obedience to God's word, I told you to read a verse in the bible and reading and ignoring it = Unholiness, no 2 ways about it and Unholiness = Forsaking God's laws and adopting those of the devil...there's only one way to God, that's his word and His word made flesh JESUS, asking Mary to intercede is against God's word_the choice is yours to make
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Dazl(f): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: "Why do i pray to her for help?She is the easiest most wholesome way to christ(her son) heart"

Jesus is indeed d our mediator..bt u si,in john2:1-8 i am told dat Mother mary can plead on my behalf...was Jesus deaf,wasnt he a bonafide guest,so y dint dey tel Jesus dey wnted wine,y Mary..in verse 4,Jesus said its nt yet tym nd has no busnes wit Her...my favrit is verse 5...she knew ha son so wel,with full confidence dat he wil grant her request,she told the servants to do whateva ha son ask,no mata hw stupid it was...did Jesus fail ha...hell no he dint...
Am sure d servan dat was asked to fil drums with water by Jesus was like doubting,i min dey needed wine nt water...yet d servant humbly obeyed the Mother of christ...dat is faith nd dats wot sayin d rosary is all about...askin Mary for intercesion nd patiently waiting in obedience,faith nd righteousnes for Gods confirmation
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
Acidosis:

Alright sir, I'll go through the links
please do
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
One more thing: Christianity is not Faith-based, If you were allowed to serve God the way you pleased He wouldn't have bothered giving us the Bible or saying we should serve him in holiness and truth, Ask the Lord to give you the gift of discerning of spirits
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Dazl(f): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: My people are distraught for want of knowledge-Let him that chooses to serve the Lord serve Him IN HOLINESS and IN TRUTH i.e in accordance to His word, for Holiness is gotten from utter obedience to God's word, I told you to read a verse in the bible and reading and ignoring it = Unholiness, no 2 ways about it and Unholiness = Forsaking God's laws and adopting those of the devil...there's only one way to God, that's his word and His word made flesh JESUS, asking Mary to intercede is against God's word_the choice is yours to make

if u can ask your pastor to pray wit you nd for you...if you can pray wit or for anoda person...dats intercesion
so wats ur ish bout me asking Mary to pray with nd for me...
Am not hr to condem any form of prayer...the key is praying with a clean hrt,dosnt mata if u cry or shout while @ it...pray as d spirit leads
I REST MY CASE
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dazl:

Jesus is indeed d our mediator..bt u si,in john2:1-8 i am told dat Mother mary can plead on my behalf...was Jesus deaf,wasnt he a bonafide guest,so y dint dey tel Jesus dey wnted wine,y Mary..in verse 4,Jesus said its nt yet tym nd has no busnes wit Her...my favrit is verse 5...she knew ha son so wel,with full confidence dat he wil grant her request,she told the servants to do whateva ha son ask,no mata hw stupid it was...did Jesus fail ha...hell no he dint...
Am sure d servan dat was asked to fil drums with water by Jesus was like doubting,i min dey needed wine nt water...yet d servant humbly obeyed the Mother of christ...dat is faith nd dats wot sayin d rosary is all about...askin Mary for intercesion nd patiently waiting in obedience,faith nd righteousnes for Gods confirmation
read LUKE 11: 27 and read what Jesus said to a woman who tried to "honour" mary
Also read Matthew 6:7 for your "holy rosaries"
Celibacy/Priests not getting married is wrong 1Timothy 3:2, 1Timothy 4:1
doctrine of Original sin is false Ezekiel 18:20
study to show yourself approved
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
Acidosis:

What did Jesus say to us about prayers in the bible?
Why would anyone pass through another human being to reach Jesus?

What happens to the ear of Jesus?

What about the prayers to the 'saints' you're not sure if they are in Heaven?

Did Mary died for your sins?

Why did you not ask Joseph to pray for you? Why Mary?
is this not occult of a religion?

Abi o! JESUS is the only mediator! Mary is a favored woman, I agree but catholics she can't hear your prayers because she's DEAD DEAD DEAD! In fact go to israel they'll show u her grave!!

P.S-catholics THINK dey are honouring the mother of Jesus whereas dey are 'honouring' an ancient babylonian diety (queen of heaven). It provokes God to anger (book of jeremiah)
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
Check my previous posts for links I have hung up for those who need bible sightings
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56pm On Apr 01, 2013
Im so disappointed.
Mart d dart: I'm happy you chose a civilized avenue to let your views known...
i usually do.

On "Honouring" Mary
www.gotquestions.org/worship-saints-mary.html
instead of providing a discusion u decided to give me a link!
I asked what was wrong with HONORING many and you give a thread against adoring mary. Dont u know the difference between honor and adoration? If you are against d adoration of mary then so am i. If you are against honoring mary then i differ and i respectfully ask that you show me how honoring mary is wrong.
On Peter being Pope and why the title " Pope" was not dictated by the Bible
www.bible.ca/cath-peter=pope.htm
neither was the word "bible" dictated by the bible. Both word were given by men.

here's an overview of some of the teachings that are not in accordance with the bible
www.bible.ca/cath-overview-false-teaching.htm
and how am i to argue with a link??

For the record, I'm not the initiator of this thread but I believe I'll try my best to treat your views with consideration
am not accusing you of anything.

P.S my point with Romans being spear heads of "Christianity" stems from them trying over the centuries to adulterate Christianity by inducing teachings that are not in compliance with the Gospel
do you mind producing the document where the "romans" agree to corrupt christianity, or should i accept the above because you say so.
praying to Mary to intercede for you is wrong, read 1 Timothy 2: 5
if asking the intercession of mary is wrong, that means asking the intercession of your pastor is also wrong. Fair enough?
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:00pm On Apr 01, 2013
the above isn't exactly correct, the rosary in its present form predates fatima by over a century, in its form in antiqity it predates fatima by over a mellinuim
peace.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
i tim doesn't contradict what he said.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
Kindly drop you emotional arguement if you want a discussion. Thanks.
Acidosis:

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: Im so disappointed. i usually do.

instead of providing a discusion u decided to give me a link!
I asked what was wrong with HONORING many and you give a thread against adoring mary. Dont u know the difference between honor and adoration? If you are against d adoration of mary then so am i. If you are against honoring mary then i differ and i respectfully ask that you show me how honoring mary is wrong.
neither was the word "bible" dictated by the bible. Both word were given by men.

and how am i to argue with a link??

am not accusing you of anything.

do you mind producing the document where the "romans" agree to corrupt christianity, or should i accept the above because you say so.
if asking the intercession of mary is wrong, that means asking the intercession of your pastor is also wrong. Fair enough?
If you are indeed disappointed, I'm sorry I can't do anything about that...Nonetheless, I trust you have read the article and I also trust you found answers to your various disjointed questions...you have read the verses I put up, I believe?
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: i tim doesn't contradict what he said.
Oh really? Have you tried reading it again...Jesus is the only Mediator...I also put up other bible verses concerning some catholic doctrines...have you looked them up
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: read LUKE 11: 27 and read what Jesus said to a woman who tried to "honour" mary
Also read Matthew 6:7 for your "holy rosaries"
Celibacy/Priests not getting married is wrong 1Timothy 3:2, 1Timothy 4:1
doctrine of Original sin is false Ezekiel 18:20
study to show yourself approved
you are taking more than you can chew. One step at a time, if i decide to bombard you with links and quotes as you have done so far, this thread will end in heavy words, believe me, we don't want that.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ubenedictus: you are taking more than you can chew. One step at a time, if i decide to bombard you with links and quotes as you have done so far, this thread will end in heavy words, believe me, we don't want that.
Heavy words?...that's what sets me apart from you...I am focused on shedding light on the truth but You, on the other hand is intent on being square ..this is not an argument, rather is it a test to show our oratory or literary prowess, I see this as a chance to find Truth...I pray you see same
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:49pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mart d dart: Heavy words?...that's what sets me apart from you...I am focused on shedding light on the truth but You, on the other hand is intent on being square ..this is not an argument, rather is it a test to show our oratory or literary prowess, I see this as a chance to find Truth...I pray you see same
i'm not trying to make an arguement, i'm just been realistic, if i join you to start throwing scriptures around this thread won't end well. The heavy word won't come from me, i don't use them, they may not come form you, but they will come.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Scriptures need to be brought up...that's the only foot-hold a christian has
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by italo: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2013
Mart d dart: Scriptures need to be brought up...that's the only foot-hold a christian has

What do you mean by "scriptures?"
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
italo:

What do you mean by "scriptures?"
the Bible

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does The Translation Process Impact The Inspiration, Inerrancy Of The Bible? / Party! Party!! Party!!! / According To The Quran,allah Help In Creating The World Largest Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.