Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! (5472 Views)

40 Shocking Prophecies For 2016 By A Nairalander / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Okay regardless of whatever I say here, I know some strong headed individual will come here with phrases like - "Catholic Till I die!" etc. Well you're gonna die anyway.

These words are not mine but those of religious (not bible) fallacies comprising of men's theory, adorations and ideas from catholic articles, books like The Gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, Cum. Inter. etc..

I will do everything within my power to pass this message to Nigerians most especially our grandparents in the village who obviously do not know the God/god they serve.. They are in complete darkness...as they have blank knowledge of the religion their forefathers left for them on earth. And also to the youths who became catholics because their parents and grandparents are/were catholics.

1. The Pope is God on Earth

2. I (Pope) am in all and above all, so that God Himself and I, the vicar of God, hath both one consistory, and I am able to do almost all that God can do.

3. Again, if prelates of the Church be called of Constantine for gods, I then being above all prelates, seem by this reason to be above all gods.

4. "The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the Pope has supreme and full power in faith, in morals over each and every pastor and his flock.

5. He is the true vicar, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians.

6. He is the infallible ruler shocked

7. The arbiter of the world

8. The supreme judge of heaven and earth. shocked

8. The judge of all, being judged by no one, God himself on earth." Quoted in the New York Catechism.

9. "The pope is of so great dignity and so exalted that he is not a mere man but as it were God, and the vicar of God.

10. "The Pope alone is called most holy". shocked

11. "Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of hell." shocked grin

12. "So that if it were possible that the angels might err in the faith, or might think contrary to the faith, they could be judged and excommunicated by the Pope.

13. "...the Pope is as it were God on earth, sole sovereign of the faithful of Christ, chief of kings, having plenitude of power." Lucius Ferraris, in "Prompta Bibliotheca Canonica, Juridica, Moralis, Theologica, Ascetica, Polemica, Rubristica, Historica", Volume V, article on "Papa, Article II", titled "Concerning the extent of Papal dignity, authority, or dominion and infallibility", #1, 5, 13-15, 18, published in Petit Montrouge (Paris) by J. P. Migne, 1858 edition.

14. "The Pope and God are the same".

15. ^^ ...so he has all power in Heaven and earth." Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous".

16. “...We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty..." Pope Leo XIII, in Praeclara Gratulationis Publicae (The Reunion of Christendom), Encyclical promulgated on June 20, 1894.

17. "The Pope cannot make a mistake." Pope Gregory VII, [/i] (quoted by The Benedictine Network in a listing of notable items by the various popes throughout history). [/i]
http://www.whiterobedmonks.org/
netsor1a.html

18. "The Pope is of great authority and power, that he is able to modify , declare, or interpret even divine laws.

19. “The Pope’s authority is unlimited, incalculable; it can strike, as Innocent III says, wherever sin is; it can punish every one; it allows no appeal and is itself Sovereign Caprice; for the Pope carries, according to the expression of Boniface VIII, all rights in the Shrine of his breast.

20. As he has now become infallible, he can by the use of the little word, 'orbi,' (which means that he turns himself round to the whole Church) make every rule, every doctrine, every demand, into a certain and incontestable article of Faith.

21. I (Pope) am in all and above all.

22. "We confess that the Pope has power of changing Scripture and of adding to it, and taking from it according to his will ." Roman Catholic Confessions for Protestants Oath, Article XI, (Confessio Romano- Catholica in Hungaria Evangelicis publice praescripta te proposita, editi a Streitwolf), as recorded in Congressional Record of the U.S.A., House Bill 1523, Contested election case of Eugene C. Bonniwell, against Thos. S. Butler, Feb. 15, 1913.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
22. "We confess that whatever new thing the Pope ordains, rather it be in Scriptures or not in Scripture , and whatever he commands is true, divine and salvific" and therefore ought to be held by Lay People in greater esteem than the living God.

23. "He who does not enter by the door of the fold shall not have salvation. The door of the fold is the Catholic Church and union with the Head who represents Jesus Christ. "St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, "Travels", Chicago: 1944...

24. "No man...outside the faith of the Church and obedience to the Roman Pontiff can finally be saved. "Pope Clement VI, Epistle of September 29, 1351

25. "It is error to believe that, if the Pope were a reprobate and an evil man and consequently a member of the devil, he has no power over the faithful".

To be continued...

www.lightministries.com/id523.htm
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
"The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name......And he spoke terrible words of blasphemy against God, slandering his name and his dwelling--that is, those who dwell in heaven. It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation." - Revelation 13: 1-8

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by italo: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2013
Catholic till i die!

3 Likes

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by ijawkid(m): 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
italo: Catholic till i die!

Italo is the OP correct??......
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by italo: 9:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
Shouldnt you be asking the OP to provide concrete evidence of these?

Afterall, Italo is a Catholic so he cannot say anything that will make sense to you.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2013
Give evidence dat d popes said d above.

1 Like

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by martinseme: 1:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
Even the very title of refering to a priest as father contravenes the command of God not to honour any man with the honour reserved for God alone. I am an ex catholic and I thank all those who relentless out of love keep calling out to others on the wrong path to hell to seek the truth and walk the narrow way to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
italo: Shouldnt you be asking the OP to provide concrete evidence of these?

Afterall, Italo is a Catholic so he cannot say anything that will make sense to you.

Your eyes are covered with a catholic lens...
You'll frustrate all my efforts and evidence with ignorance.
Despite ALL the reference, books and links.. you're still doubting...
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
^ ^

Ubenedictus: Give evidence dat d popes said d above.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2013

Lol... good to know you'll die.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 2:57pm On Mar 30, 2013
martinseme: Even the very title of refering to a priest as father contravenes the command of God not to honour any man with the honour reserved for God alone. I am an ex catholic and I thank all those who relentless out of love keep calling out to others on the wrong path to hell to seek the truth and walk the narrow way to heaven.

You did the right thing, bro.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Acidosis:

Lol... good to know you'll die.
grin grin grin LOOOOOOL
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2013
Acidosis:

Your eyes are covered with a catholic lens...
You'll frustrate all my efforts and evidence with ignorance.
Despite ALL the reference, books and links.. you're still doubting...

Acidosis, he has a point. You don't spew anything and espect us to accept it to be true.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
grin grin grin LOOOOOOL
grin hey dear... you laugh alot grin grin
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
Reyginus: Acidosis, he has a point. You don't spew anything and espect us to accept it to be true.
..But I provided a link..
The points I highlighted are the major summary from the link..
A more detailed evidence with authors, references & citations exist in the link.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Acidosis:
grin hey dear... you laugh alot grin grin
Yes I do laugh a lot grin long time though grin
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2013
Acidosis:
..But I provided a link..
The points I highlighted are the major summary from the link..
A more detailed evidence with authors, references & citations exist in the link.
Okay. I didn't notice. You've done your work.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Acidosis(m): 7:35am On Apr 01, 2013
^ ^ Yes sir

adaobi123:
Yes I do laugh a lot grin long time though grin

wow grin
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Gamji007: 8:49am On Apr 01, 2013
U will die anyway! Says d op. gringringrin
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Gamji007: 8:55am On Apr 01, 2013
martinseme: Even the very title of refering to a priest as father contravenes the command of God not to honour any man with the honour reserved for God alone. I am an ex catholic and I thank all those who relentless out of love keep calling out to others on the wrong path to hell to seek the truth and walk the narrow way to heaven.
shocked shocked shocked
Are you telling us all catholics will go to hell?
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by babadey(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2013
Most of those claims/titles are true dude. How can a mere human beans call himself "most holy". May God's patience continue to run like clock on us Ȍo◦°˚ . Don't forget the buddhist and Zen too.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 01, 2013
The catholic church remains the only church founded by Christ himself with St Peter as the first Pope. OP you can blaspheme all you want. Post any trash you like, even create a website to tarnish the name and undermine the Catholic church but it will all come to Nil. Many, bigger and more powerful than you have tried over the ages and did not and will not succeed.
I will advise you to worship your God in whichever way that pleases you and let other people worship God too according to their conviction.
All these infantile posts are just silly.If you feel so inspired,go to Northern Nigeria and preach the gospel, that way you will have contributed in some way to the growth of the church.
Constantly abusing and disparaging the Catholic Church will not help you make heaven in any way, it only portrays you as empty and jobless.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2013

Well, by being a catholic, you're already dead! grin
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 01, 2013
wingman: The catholic church remains the only church founded by Christ himself with St Peter as the first Pope. OP you can blaspheme all you want. Post any trash you like, even create a website to tarnish the name and undermine the Catholic church but it will all come to Nil. Many, bigger and more powerful than you have tried over the ages and did not and will not succeed.
I will advise you to worship your God in whichever way that pleases you and let other people worship God too according to their conviction.
All these infantile posts are just silly.If you feel so inspired,go to Northern Nigeria and preach the gospel, that way you will have contributed in some way to the growth of the church.
Constantly abusing and disparaging the Catholic Church will not help you make heaven in any way, it only portrays you as empty and jobless.

I'm sorry but shut up!
Christ never founded the catholic church, the romans did! Peter wsnt the 1st pope! He married!
The catholic church is built on a theory that Peter was appointed by Jesus to be the first pope.( one misinterpereted verse Matthew 16:18 "I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My churchwink The word for "Peter" Petros, means a small stone (Jn 1:42). Jesus used a play on words here with petra which means a foundation boulder (cf Mtt 7:24,25). Since the New Testament makes it abundantly clear that Christ is both the foundation (Ac 4:11,12; 1Co 3:11) and the head (Eph 5:23) of the church, it is a mistake to think that here He is giving either of those roles to Peter. Now, the claim by the church is that Peter was pope from 42 AD to 67 AD. The book of Romans was written 56 A.D. Paul writes a letter concerning Jesus Christ to Rome and He doesn't mention Peter, the pope? Isn't that strange? He greets several others in the church but never the head of the church?

4 Likes

Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by woky: 9:50am On Apr 01, 2013
catholic til i lose my breath!
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Rich4god(m): 11:56am On Apr 01, 2013
Glory to Jesus... Thank God am a catholic.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Ubenedictus(m): 12:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
Acidosis, ur ingenuity is giving me d creep! U posted a link to a beneditine website that said nothing about the pope! Please give us source documents(all papal documents that are exact can be found online) where d pope made those statement and their context.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
carr96:

Well, by being a catholic, you're already dead! grin
On a serious note, this is unchristain.
Re: 40 Shocking & Terrible Quotes About A Pope! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
frosbel: "The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name......And he spoke terrible words of blasphemy against God, slandering his name and his dwelling--that is, those who dwell in heaven. It was given power to wage war against God's holy people and to conquer them. And it was given authority over every tribe, people, language and nation." - Revelation 13: 1-8
Gbam!..I WAS a catholic but i took some time out and thought about it...Romans were amongst the masterminds in the deaths and persecution of countless disciples...St. Peter was never the first pope of the catholic faith PROOF NEEDED, Jesus said he would make Peter the ROCK. Plus, Peter never said He was "God"...there were a lot of Rites that I didn't see as christian-like: Rosary usage was strictly spoken against by the Bible...Honouring Mary is also very wrong...I'll appreciate civilized and unbiased analysis at this point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does The Translation Process Impact The Inspiration, Inerrancy Of The Bible? / Party! Party!! Party!!! / Why Do Some People Suspect The Current Israel Nationals Are Imposters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.