Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,790 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Women: Have U Secured Your Future? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women: Have U Secured Your Future? (5057 Views)

How To Find Your Future Spouse / Can Today's Women Have Successful Careers And Happy Families? / Successful Women Have Plenty Men In Their Lives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by bebe2(f): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
armyofone: secured future for me is making sure I give my kids the best education.
sending them to mil academy kiss for sure.

I will go with CC post here. Too much gra gra and we forget to live.

this funny secured future is the problem I see around. People forget to live, common vacation our pple will not go. Work all the time and will not take time to enjoy this beautiful plannet. To each its own.

my next destination is the Grand Canyon, i'm gonna use the money for the secured future there.

Ok o, there is time for everything, my no sane parent wud skimp on their kids education. It's not gra gra it's pension. My prayer is dat I never have to tax my kids for up keep wen am in my 60s. They will buy me stuff as the please but I will Neva open my mouth to say " pls son, can u help me wit some money, I can't pay my bill dis month" dat wud be my worst nightmare. I cud spend my noney on french lace gele or Cud invest it on bricks and mortar, I chose the later.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
bebe2:

Lol, bros cool temper.

U know ur country, and humans are unpredictable. I don't think my hubby wud Eva knowingly do anything to hurt our family but sh.it happens. Dats. Fact! At the end of the day no be who get fowl get the egg wey e lay?

Ask ur friends and colleagues and u will hear horror stories like these. U know before d small wife go dey cause the big wife, not know o, the second go dey cook for oga and first wife giving her the utmost respect, then u will be the trouble maker. Some things I can't tolerate if dat happens to me I won't leave my oga o, I will move to my house and he can come around as much as he wants. But I can't stay under the same roof, it will kill me. grin

It will only happen if you allow it. Maybe you place your career before your hubby, or you have been so busy planning your getaway that you fail to notice you have become a stranger to him. You could just be the trouble maker......
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
bebe2:

Ok o, there is time for everything, my no sane parent wud skimp on their kids education. It's not gra gra it's pension. My prayer is dat I never have to tax my kids for up keep wen am in my 60s. They will buy me stuff as the please but I will Neva open my mouth to say " pls son, can u help me wit some money, I can't pay my bill dis month" dat wud be my worst nightmare. I cud spend my noney on french lace gele or Cud invest it on bricks and mortar, I chose the later.

This is another scenario altogether, and you are right to provide for your old age. But husby must know about it, or do you think himself wants to be begging money from the kids at 60? The only thing I dont support is stealing your own money to build behind your husbands back grin
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
LMAO! Lawd have mercy!! grin grin So people are really taking a tribalistic moral high ground based on the fact that their own married men chop and clean mouth instead of taking 2 wives? Is this some sort of joke? I was even expecting to hear that Igbo men never cheat on their wives, imagine my shock when I saw that the reason for the superiority is that they cheat but don't marry other wives.

That's not even going into this bullcrap generalization about Yoruba men. Is it tribal or religious? Is it not the Islamic religion that allows multiple wives? What percentage of Christian Yoruba men marry several wives all together?
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
ileobatojo: LMAO! Lawd have mercy!! grin grin So people are really taking a tribalistic moral high ground based on the fact that their own married men chop and clean mouth instead of taking 2 wives? Is this some sort of joke? I was even expecting to hear that Igbo men never cheat on their wives, imagine my shock when I saw that the reason for the superiority is that they cheat but don't marry other wives.

That's not even going into this bullcrap generalization about Yoruba men. Is it tribal or religious? Is it not the Islamic religion that allows multiple wives? What percentage of Christian Yoruba men marry several wives all together?

Contribute to the topic or just waka pass.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by bebe2(f): 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
7842I:

It will only happen if you allow it. Maybe you place your career before your hubby, or you have been so busy planning your getaway that you fail to notice you have become a stranger to him. You could just be the trouble maker......

I don't o, for now my career is looking after hubby and 4 kids under 10. ( going backbto work i sept wen baby is 3yrs old) u know wat things tend to spiral out of control wen dis incident happened, it shook our community, as in all our friends. Everyone started to think of something to do. I beg o my sister, make GOd look afte us all
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by debosky(m): 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2013
Hilarious posts. So I guess since some tribes 'chop and clean mouth' wives don't have issues with their men leaving them for other women or other women emerging after the man dies?

Joint investments with your names included is the way to go. If you want 'additional' protection, husband and wife can have investments that both parties know about - I don't believe in going into marriage with this 'hiding' of funds and resources.

If it's the kids' futures you are worried about, set up trust funds or investments in their names - again, with the knowledge of both husband and wife.

You can keep investments solely in your name/control if you want, but deception/secrecy is a sure way to cause rifts in a marriage.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Pataki: 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2013
chaircover:

. . .Yes, but God forbid, if your husband does marry another wife and sends you out/you choose to leave, you will go and live in your 3 bed bungalow. . . however unless you are going to live in one room and rent out the other two rooms, if you havent already got a proper pension, (which has nothing to do with the new wife) how are you going to sustain yourself anyway?

From sister to sister, I am begging you to please find a good time soon and tell your husband about your investment before he finds out . . . thats assuming that he doesn't already know but just pretending that nothing is happening.

Building a house is not beans . .. from bricklayers, to electricians, to plumbers, to carpenters etc and is one of the most stressful things ever and it is very easy to let something slip by accident one day which you may have done and your husband already knows about it all.

Believe it or not just like us women like feeling secure in our relationships, so do men, especially if they love you and You are going to seriously tip the dynamics of the relationship if he finds out about this before you tell him and once trust is breached everything else tends to come tumbling down . . . We are talking a whole property here not a pair of shoes that we hid in the car boot and how do you want him to feel if he works out that during the time you were building your house you hadnt been very financially supportive to him if he had required it at that time lipsrsealed

You are so full of wisdom and grace.

Excellent post.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 31, 2013
eagle,eye:

My dear, tone it down. what is your beef with anything Igbo.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if he says that Igbo men don't marry more than one wife that is his opinion. If you say that they marry a thousand wives or have a thousand concubines, that is your opinion.
Please try to be civil when you disagree on anything that has to do with Igbo.

Dude shut the f*cuk up you dirty insecure monkey! Have you ever heard of someone fighting himself? Why is it anytime anyone says the truth you insecure male bishes turn it into "They Hate Igbos"? If I say, if he says... dude i'm not dealing with sentiments but facts and as for trying to label me a "Igbo hater" with that sleek jab your slow brain mustered you must be very stupi.d for that statement. I should be civil when talking about Igbos? What about when Im talking about others? Did you fu*ckas even grow up around any men cus all you do is whine and whine like little girls. Can you tell my nationality from behind the screen? Are you a magician? Are you God? My nigga, pull up your skirt and remove that wedgie that your thong seems to causing you and stop being a biyytch everytime. Does it look like i was denigrating igbos or didnt you realize me and that id*iot I replied to have unfinished business we're settling? Like everyone else Igbos are not perfect, nobody is, and the moment you dummies realize that the better.

P.S: Wasnt your biyytch azz among those attacking me earlier in the other thread? Now your pretentious punk aszz wants to come here and pretend to be a peace maker. dude, pls fu&ck off and miss me with that bullshiyyt.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by coogar: 1:56am On Mar 31, 2013
7842I:
Imagine this rhesus monkey o! You have been crying all afternoon just because I told you we dont marry 2 wives here, na by force to marry 2 wives?
Ok, come count my village for the number of poligamous men, ewu!

the money spent on your education should have been used to invest in cocoa......without a shadow of a doubt, you must be functioning on a single-digit IQ. you don't marry 2 wives? why don't you push the envelope further and claim all igbo men are eunuchs?
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 5:31am On Mar 31, 2013
Ujujoan:

Let me guess, the perpetrator is a yoruba man!
This is one thing I dislike about those people . . . their inability to keep 'the other woman' away.

Igbo women don't usually worry about thing like that because a real igbo man knows how to chop and clean mouth! cool cool cool
Any Igbo woman dating a married man knows she's not going to last, sooner or later he's going to dump her for the next available chick.
But a Yoruba man will get her pregnant and then go ahead to bring her into the home as a second wife, tufiakwa!

Stunning idiocy.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 31, 2013
^^^ Shut up David! tongue
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 31, 2013
ileobatojo: LMAO! Lawd have mercy!! grin grin So people are really taking a tribalistic moral high ground based on the fact that their own married men chop and clean mouth instead of taking 2 wives? Is this some sort of joke? I was even expecting to hear that Igbo men never cheat on their wives, imagine my shock when I saw that the reason for the superiority is that they cheat but don't marry other wives.

Lmao . . . Ile seriously, u crack me up!
Saying a certain tribe don't cheat, is it not lying to one's self? But you have to agree that 'chop and clean mouth' is the lesser of the two evils . .
No one's taking a moral high ground, just saying the facts. No need for you guys to get all defensive!
People say stuff about Igbo men and money and we don't jump down their throat! wink
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 31, 2013
coogar:

the money spent on your education should have been used to invest in cocoa......without a shadow of a doubt, you must be functioning on a single-digit IQ. you don't marry 2 wives? why don't you push the envelope further and claim all igbo men are eunuchs?
No thanks, we are good! cool cool
Abeg go and celebrate Easter jor . . .
I really don't get why you guys are getting your knickers in a twist about this.
If e pain you pass, go hug transformer.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 6:48am On Mar 31, 2013
Ujujoan: ^^^ Shut up David! tongue

Uju truly truly you fall my hand this time. You condemned a whole tribe... including both the guilty and the innocent? shocked
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by eagleeye2: 6:51am On Mar 31, 2013
kingoflag:

Why do you always resort to Gutter language? Don't you have home training. Even if NL is a faceless forum does it warrant you to disgrace your parents, and make all their effort at training you look nought.
Or were you raised up in the Gutter with other filthy beings. Even at that, you can choose not to remain in the Gutter, but I guess it is your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by eagleeye2: 7:00am On Mar 31, 2013
chaircover:

From sister to sister, I am begging you to please find a good time soon and tell your husband about your investment before he finds out . . . thats assuming that he doesn't already know but just pretending that nothing is happening.

Madam CC, thank you for this ohh.
Bebe, you are feeling secured now, forgetting that your hubby may not have even thought of the angle you are thinking. But you may be unwittingly giving him ideas as to how you want him to relate with you.
Sometimes, women are the architect of their own misfortune. You have sat down in your private corner and thought of all the things that can go wrong, but why not give Thanks to God for all the things that are Right presently.
You are there fighting Unseen enemies (in the form of other women), but you may be forgetting that the seen friend(Hubby in this case) is worth far more of your love and loyalty than any strange woman.

God forbid it, what if after all these plans for a secured Future, you wake up one day and see that all you have planned are just heap of rubbles (maybe house catch fire or one brother or even son wakes up and sell off your house?).
My dear, plan for your future, but in all things Put your Trust in God and not men or wealth.

1 Like

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by eagleeye2: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2013
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2013
kingoflag:

Dude shut the f*cuk up you dirty insecure monkey! Have you ever heard of someone fighting himself? Why is it anytime anyone says the truth you insecure male bishes turn it into "They Hate Igbos"? If I say, if he says... dude i'm not dealing with sentiments but facts and as for trying to label me a "Igbo hater" with that sleek jab your slow brain mustered you must be very stupi.d for that statement. I should be civil when talking about Igbos? What about when Im talking about others? Did you fu*ckas even grow up around any men cus all you do is whine and whine like little girls. Can you tell my nationality from behind the screen? Are you a magician? Are you God? My nigga, pull up your skirt and remove that wedgie that your thong seems to causing you and stop being a biyytch everytime. Does it look like i was denigrating igbos or didnt you realize me and that id*iot I replied to have unfinished business we're settling? Like everyone else Igbos are not perfect, nobody is, and the moment you dummies realize that the better.

P.S: Wasnt your biyytch azz among those attacking me earlier in the other thread? Now your pretentious punk aszz wants to come here and pretend to be a peace maker. dude, pls fu&ck off and miss me with that bullshiyyt.

It must be painful typing with one arm while the other one is chained to a bedpost at the raving mad section of yaba left. We warned you that crack can make you kolo but you continued to sniff cheap and inferior crack. Kpele.
Didnt even know who gives internet access to lunatics, smh.

3 Likes

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 9:37am On Mar 31, 2013
eagle,eye:

Madam CC, thank you for this ohh.
Bebe, you are feeling secured now, forgetting that your hubby may not have even thought of the angle you are thinking. But you may be unwittingly giving him ideas as to how you want him to relate with you.
Sometimes, women are the architect of their own misfortune. You have sat down in your private corner and thought of all the things that can go wrong, but why not give Thanks to God for all the things that are Right presently.
You are there fighting Unseen enemies (in the form of other women), but you may be forgetting that the seen friend(Hubby in this case) is worth far more of your love and loyalty than any strange woman.

God forbid it, what if after all these plans for a secured Future, you wake up one day and see that all you have planned are just heap of rubbles (maybe house catch fire or one brother or even son wakes up and sell off your house?).
My dear, plan for your future, but in all things Put your Trust in God and not men or wealth.

Sensible post.

1 Like

Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 31, 2013
@Topic

I guess, I am married to a very odd thinking man. Hubby amongst a few things is into real estate, some are bought in my name, some in his name and others with both our names......Same with my car, it was bought in my name and actually one of his was also bought in my name (come to think of it, i could claim that one, and I love four wheel drives). We both have different bank accounts and joint accounts. We also have separate accounts for the kids.

We just recently discussed buying a few in each child's name and not tell them about it until they are like 30 grin

So yes, my future and my children's secured.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
davidylan:

Uju truly truly you fall my hand this time. You condemned a whole tribe... including both the guilty and the innocent? shocked

Obviously not ALL yoruba men are like that . . . do I also have to spell that out undecided
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by coogar: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ujujoan:
Obviously not ALL yoruba men are like that . . . do I also have to spell that out undecided

uju, go and rinse your mouth with chicken legs.....
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2013
7842I:

Igbo men dont marry two wives, period.

Ojuku must be Hausa from Katsina
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by 7842I: 4:02pm On Mar 31, 2013
dayokanu:

Ojuku must be Hausa from Katsina

......Why Ojukwu? MKO Abiola married about 32 wives, how can you compare him to a war hero whom women were chasing everywhere and he selected the most beautiful girl in Nigeria as at then?
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 31, 2013
^^
Ojukwu is not Ibo,heard he is a Yoruba man.
Re: Women: Have U Secured Your Future? by blank(f): 1:12am On Apr 02, 2013
obowunmi:

Women intentionally marry the wrong person and vice versa when the person comes from a prominent background... "he's rich, they'll say" pefect example is Chima Anyanso, he's on his 3rd marriage in two years. http://www.bellanaija.com/2011/03/16/loves-new-chapter-onyeka-odiegwu-chima-anyaso-wed/

Don't knock my friend, Onyeka. She dated Chima when he was a nobody. He left her and got married to Kalu Orji's daughter, Neya cos of money and contracts from her father. He came back to her and she thought he had changed and forgave him. However, he started sleeping around and beat her.

It was never about money. If it was money, she would have endured the crap he was dishing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stinking Pussies: Women Learn Your Hygiene! / Photo: Nigerian Woman, Temitope Adebamiro Kills Cheating Husband In The US / I Done Enter One Chance Relationship... How Do I Come Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.