Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City (1486 Views)

Religious Crisis!! Buddhist Attack Muslims In Myanmar!! Why??? / Dalai Lama Condemns Attacks On Muslims by Buddhist Monks / Pray for Muslims Being Massacred In Burma By Buddhist Extremists. (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 1:41am On Mar 30, 2013
Please let us spare a thought for our Muslim brothers and sisters in Myanmar
We know that people "who are concerned about violence" will not see this story. They will rather go under the ocean to dredge up some story about "atrocities" of muslims
For those who believe that Budhists are peaceful, they should check the next post from Sri Lanka

http://news.yahoo.com/muslims-vanish-buddhist-attacks-approach-myanmars-biggest-city-135015876.html

By Jason Szep

SIT KWIN (Reuters) - The Muslims of Sit Kwin were always a small group who numbered no more than 100 of the village's 2,000 people. But as sectarian violence led by Buddhist mobs spreads across central Myanmar, they and many other Muslims are disappearing.

Their homes, shops and mosques destroyed, some end up in refugee camps or hide in the homes of friends or relatives. Dozens have been killed.

"We don't know where they are," says Aung Ko Myint, 24, a taxi-driver in Sit Kwin, where on Friday, Buddhists ransacked a store owned by one of the town's last remaining Muslims. "He escaped this morning just before the mob got here."

Since 42 people were killed in violence that erupted in Meikhtila town on March 20, unrest led by hardline Buddhists has spread to at least 10 other towns and villages in central Myanmar, with the latest incidents only a two-hour drive from the commercial capital, Yangon.

The crowds are fired up by anti-Muslim rhetoric, spread by telephone and social media networks such as Facebook, from monks preaching about a so-called "969 movement".

The number is derived from Buddhism - the three numbers refer to various attributes of the Buddha, his teachings and the monkhood - but it has come to represent a radical form of anti-Islamic nationalism which urges Buddhists to boycott Muslim-run shops and services.

Myanmar is a predominantly Buddhist country, but about 5 percent of its 60 million people are Muslims. There are large Muslim communities in Yangon, Mandalay and towns across Myanmar's heartland.

The unrest poses the biggest challenge to a reformist government that took office in 2011 after nearly half a century of military rule.

In a nationally televised speech on Thursday, President Thein Sein warned "political opportunists and religious extremists" against instigating further violence.

"I will not hesitate to use force as a last resort to protect the lives and safeguard the property of the general public," he said.

Dusk-to-dawn curfews are in effect in many areas of Bago, the region where Sit Kwin lies, while four townships in central Myanmar are under a state of emergency imposed last week.

But the security forces are still battling against pockets of unrest, while state-run media reports 68 people have been arrested for unrest which made almost 13,000 people homeless.

RUMOURS

The trouble in Sit Kwin began four days ago, when people riding 30 motorbikes drove through town urging villagers to expel Muslim residents, said witnesses. They then trashed a mosque and a row of Muslim shops and houses.

"They came with anger that was born from rumors," said one man who declined to be identified.

Further south, police in Letpadan have stepped up patrols in the farming village of 22,000 people about 160 km (100 miles) from Yangon.

Three monks led a 30-strong group towards a mosque on Friday. Police dispersed the crowd, many of whom carried knives and staves, and briefly detained two people. They were later released at the request of township officials, police said.

"I won't let it happen again," said police commander Phone Myint. "The president yesterday gave the police authority to control the situation."

The abbot who led the protest, Khamainda, said he took to the streets after hearing rumors passed by other monks by telephone, about violence between Buddhists and Muslims in other towns. He said he wanted revenge against Muslims for the destruction by the Taliban of Buddhist statues in Bamiyan province in Afghanistan in 2001.

"There is no problem with the way they live. But they are the minority and we are the majority. And when the minority insults our religion we get concerned," he told Reuters. "We will come out again if we get a chance."

Letpadan villagers fear the tension will explode. "I'm sure they will come back and destroy the mosque," says Aung San Kyaw, 35, a Muslim. "We've never experienced anything like this."

Across the street, Hla Tan, a 67-year-old Buddhist, shares the fear. "We have lived peacefully for years. Nothing can happen between us unless outsiders come. But if they come, I know we can't stop them," he said.

North of Sit Kwin is the farming town of Minhla, which endured about three hours of violence on both Wednesday and Thursday.

About 300 people, most from the nearby village of Ye Kyaw, gathered in the early afternoon on Wednesday. The crowd swelled to about 800 as townsfolk joined, a Minhla policeman told Reuters. They then destroyed three mosques and 17 shops and houses, he said.

No Buddhist monks were involved, said witnesses.

"VERY NERVOUS"

The mob carried sticks, metal pipes and hammers, said Hla Soe, 60, a Buddhist who runs an electrical repair shop in Minhla. "No one could stop them," he said.

About 200 soldiers and police eventually intervened to restore a fragile peace. "I'm very nervous that it will happen again," said Hla Soe.

About 500 of Minhla's township's 100,000 people are Muslims, said the police officer, who estimated two-thirds of those Muslim had fled.

However, Tun Tun is staying. "I have no choice," says the 26-year-old, whose tea shop was looted by Buddhists, one armed with a chainsaw.

He plans to rebuild his shop, whose daily revenue of 10,000 kyat ($11) supports an extended family of 12. On the wall of his ransacked kitchen is a portrait of democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi. He did not believe she could do anything to help.

Tun Tun traced the rising communal tension in Minhla to speeches given on February 26 and 27 by a celebrated monk visiting from Mon State, to the east of Yangon.

He spoke to a crowd of 2,000 about the "969 movement", said Win Myint, 59, who runs a Buddhist community centre which hosted the monk.

After the speech, Muslims were jeered and fewer Buddhists frequented his tea shop, said Tun Tun. Stickers bearing the number 969 appeared on non-Muslim street stalls across Minhla.

President Thein Sein's ambitious reform program has won praise, but his government has also been criticized for failing to stem violence last year in Rakhine State in western Myanmar, where officials say 110 people were killed and 120,000 were left homeless, most of them Rohingya Muslims.

The U.N. special rapporteur on human rights in Myanmar said on Thursday he had received reports of "state involvement" in the recent violence at Meikhtila.

Soldiers and police sometimes stood by "while atrocities have been committed before their very eyes, including by well-organized ultra-nationalist Buddhist mobs", said the rapporteur, Tomas Ojea Quintana. "This may indicate direct involvement by some sections of the state or implicit collusion and support for such actions."

Late on Friday, three monks were preparing to give another "969" speech in Ok Kan, a town 113 km (70 miles) from Yangon.
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by vedaxcool(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2013
Truly Buddhism is peaceful as people think, it has been more of a western propaganda of hollywood that made it such. I read articles about books in Buddhism that clearly allows violence. And the same story is quietly building up in Sri Lanka where Buddhists' monks are making a vicious campaign against muslims with active support from certain govt. Officials high up!

www.loonwatch.com/2013/03/the-hardline-buddhists-targeting-sri-lankas-muslims/
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by mazaje(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
Why are buddhist not fighting hindus and christians?. . .Why are they fighting only muslims?. . .In fact why is it that when ever there is a religious crisis it is always islam vs some other religion. . .Throught out my life Ihave never heard of christians fighting any religion apart from islam or hindus fighting any boy apart from muslims. . now its buddist. . Na wah ohhh. . .
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by mazaje(m): 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2013
Why are buddhist not fighting hindus and christians?. . .Why are they fighting only muslims?. . .
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by LagosShia: 10:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
mazaje: Why are buddhist not fighting hindus and christians?. . .Why are they fighting only muslims?. . .In fact why is it that when ever there is a religious crisis it is always islam vs some other religion. . .Throught out my life Ihave never heard of christians fighting any religion apart from islam or hindus fighting any boy apart from muslims. . now its buddist. . Na wah ohhh. . .

don't be silly.

it all started in Burma when some criminals who happen to be muslims raped a Buddhist girl.does that warrant all muslims to be mobbed and killed?

"Pray for Muslims Being Massacred In Burma By Buddhist Extremists":
https://www.nairaland.com/978010/pray-muslims-being-massacred-burma

ofcourse you have never heard of Christians fighting with any religion.how could you have heard when you've blocked your ears and only hear what you want to hear? the Jews were persecuted in Europe by christians and more than one time,it was muslims who gave the jewish refugees shelter and protection.
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 9:20am On Mar 31, 2013
mazaje: Why are buddhist not fighting hindus and christians?. . .Why are they fighting only muslims?. . .In fact why is it that when ever there is a religious crisis it is always islam vs some other religion

Look at Sri Lanka, they are fighting Christians too. Or must we bury this part of the story

A few days later his organisation stormed a house where they alleged Christian conversions were taking place and verbally abused the family inside, some of them - according to a local website - physically assaulting a woman.

Since last April, when monks led an attack on a mosque during Friday prayers in the town of Dambulla, there have been regular accounts of mosques being attacked or vandalised, for instance with graffiti or pictures of pigs. There have also been assaults on churches and Christian pastors but it is the Muslims who are the most concerned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21840600

mazaje:
. . .Throught out my life Ihave never heard of christians fighting any religion apart from islam or hindus fighting any boy apart from muslims. . now its buddist. . Na wah ohhh. . .

You Christians are full of lies.

The NLFT, a Christian group, is fighting (terrorising) Hindus in India, converting them by force
The Lord Resistance Army (LRA) is busy in Uganda, South Sudan, DR Congo
Read up on the the Wars of Religion - Christians fighting themselves
The Tai Pin rebellion was a Christian assault in China that led to over 20million lives lost
Christians held Jews responsible for the plague and massacred them

This population, which was already steeped in deep anti-Jewish rhetoric they heard from their priests, easily concluded that the Jews were to blame for the Black Death.

In 1349, Landgrave Frederic of Thuringia wrote to the council of the city of Nordhausen telling them how he had burnt his Jews in honor of God and advising them to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2013
If you carry a tattoo that is "disrespectful" of Budha, you would be in trouble
So the myths are being cleared
Only Muslims fight for their Prophet (PBUH). Christians don't care if Jesus (PBUH) is insulted. CAN has pout paid to that lie. Nobody winks at whoever insults his dad. So why should a Prophet not be defended?

Anyway in Sri Lanka

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21820476

Briton denies Buddha tattoo was 'disrespectful'

A British tourist is "shocked and upset" after being deported from Sri Lanka for displaying a Buddha tattoo on his arm, he says.

Antony Ratcliffe, 42, from Nottingham, was turned back at Colombo's main airport on Friday for allegedly showing a lack of respect for Buddhism.

The authorities are tough on perceived insults to Buddhism - the religion of the island's majority ethnic Sinhalese.

But Mr Ratcliffe says the "inoffensive" body art was meant as a tribute.

The Briton, a former infection control officer for the ambulance service and a keen amateur photographer, was stopped as he tried to leave Bandaranaike International Airport during a 12-hour stop-over en route from London to Malaysia.

Despite having a valid two-day tourist visa, Mr Ratcliffe said he was frogmarched to a detention area after immigration officials spotted the Buddha's head tattoo poking out from the sleeve of his T-shirt.

"As soon as he saw it the chief officer went crazy. You could see it on his face, he looked really angry and said I would have to go back to London," Mr Ratcliffe told the BBC.

An unnamed immigration official told a local newspaper that when questioned about the tattoo, Mr Ratcliffe had spoken "very disrespectfully" about Buddhism.

But the Briton says he remained calm throughout the proceedings.

"They took my passport and held me there for an hour and a half. All the time they were bringing people in to look at my arm, and they were shaking their heads.

"I was explaining my case, pleading basically, and the chief officer just told me to 'shut up, shut up' and he refused to talk to me."

"I like the artwork in tattoos obviously and, due to my belief in Buddhist philosophy which I have followed for many years, I thought a quality tattoo of the Buddha was rather apt.

"It wasn't something I took lightly or did on the spur of the moment."

Eventually, Mr Ratcliffe was allowed to continue his journey to Kuala Lumpur, but faced further questioning when he landed.

"The whole experience has been a shock - it has been upsetting and a waste of my time. I'm not taking it further, but when I saw they had accused me of speaking disrespectfully about Buddhism, I had to put my side of the story", he said.

More than 100,000 British citizens visited Sri Lanka in 2012, accounting for 10% of the total number of tourists. The UK is also the country's second-largest trading partner after India.

Last year, three French tourists were given suspended prison sentences for taking photographs that showed them pretending to kiss a statue of Buddha at a temple.

In 2010, the American R&B star Akon was refused a visa after protests over one of his music videos, which featured scantily-clad women dancing in front of a statue of Buddha.

The UK foreign office offers the following caution for travellers to Sri Lanka: "The mistreatment of Buddhist images and artefacts is a serious offence and tourists have been convicted for this."

It also advises that travellers "don't pose for photographs by standing in front of a statue of Buddha".

1 Like

Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by vedaxcool(m): 10:11am On Mar 31, 2013
^
U go mind mazaje, he prefers being an ignorant atheist while having access to the internet, the case of Sri Lanka clearly shows that man does not learn any lesson from the history, this same Sri Lanka dominated by Buddhists just finished a very bloody civil war with the Tamil minority and rather than build cohesion amongst ethnicity and religion it is again promoting subtle violence against minority.
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 10:43am On Mar 31, 2013
^^^^
Salaaam

Actually what is happening in Sri Lanka is pathetic. This is the way they started against the Tamil minority who then decided to fight back. Of course the Tamils were eventually annihilated. Meanhwile during the war with the Tamils, the Muslims remained neutral but given the fact that the Tamils were engaged in a battle with the majority and were carrying out terrorist acts (recall that PM Rajiv Gandhi of India was killed in a suicide attack by a girl carrying flowers), they wanted the Muslims to come to their side

The Muslims refused to join the Tamils and were evicted by the Tamils. Ordinarily the majority sinhalese should be grateful but
having got rid of the Tamils, the mood is triumphant and the Sri Lankans are now doing to Muslims exactly what they did to the Tamils at the beginning
Part of their grouse is that Muslims have taken over some hitherto-Budhist (Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan etc) countries

What some fail to realise is that their people may be in the majority in some place and be in the minority elsewhere

So Mazaje is an atheist. Sometimes it is hard to tell on NL. The two of them (atheists and Christians) are always joining forces on NL to attack Islam. Perhaps it is because Christians are more tolerant of f.ag.g.ot.ry than we are
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by sino(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
Can buhdist actually do this? This is not self-defence na? The report didnt indicate that they were provoked in any way, I thought they were said to be peaceful and buhda didnt preach violence?

Now if muslims react, we would be labelled this and that, what options do these minority muslims have?
May Allah(SWT) assist and protect them from the evils of these buhdists ameen.
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 7:15pm On Mar 31, 2013
sino: Can buhdist actually do this? This is not self-defence na? The report didnt indicate that they were provoked in any way, I thought they were said to be peaceful and buhda didnt preach violence?

Bro, there is no point doubting. They have done it in 2 different countries. What else do we need to believe?
In Sri Lanka they attacked Muslims, Christians and jailed tourists for taking photographs
Yes, that myth of "peaceful' Budhists etc has been debunked.

sino:
Now if muslims react, we would be labelled this and that, what options do these minority muslims have?

Amin
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by vedaxcool(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2013
BetaThings: ^^^^
Salaaam

Actually what is happening in Sri Lanka is pathetic. This is the way they started against the Tamil minority who then decided to fight back. Of course the Tamils were eventually annihilated. Meanhwile during the war with the Tamils, the Muslims remained neutral but given the fact that the Tamils were engaged in a battle with the majority and were carrying out terrorist acts (recall that PM Rajiv Gandhi of India was killed in a suicide attack by a girl carrying flowers), they wanted the Muslims to come to their side

The Muslims refused to join the Tamils and were evicted by the Tamils. Ordinarily the majority sinhalese should be grateful but
having got rid of the Tamils, the mood is triumphant and the Sri Lankans are now doing to Muslims exactly what they did to the Tamils at the beginning
Part of their grouse is that Muslims have taken over some hitherto-Budhist (Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan etc) countries

What some fail to realise is that their people may be in the majority in some place and be in the minority elsewhere

So Mazaje is an atheist. Sometimes it is hard to tell on NL. The two of them (atheists and Christians) are always joining forces on NL to attack Islam. Perhaps it is because Christians are more tolerant of f.ag.g.ot.ry than we are

I foresee the Sri Lanka case leading them back to a civil war because they have failed to address the series of event that caused the first, an interesting fact is that the tamil tigers actually popularize suicide bombing before hezbollah began using it as a war tactic!

Yes it is hard to tell these days seeing how they aid each other and how typically poor reasoning factors in their criticism like mazaje critique, christian on NL seem to prefer pepple that insult their God and utter very uncalled for statements, but they are being hanged by their own tactics, this same atheists they love to carry as allies, at every jiucture insult, demean and mock them, yet in the christians (most, I know few of them that are intelligent enough to know what's up) prefer to stick to this abusive relationship with atheists how pathetic!
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
vedaxcool:

I foresee the Sri Lanka case leading them back to a civil war because they have failed to address the series of event that caused the first, an interesting fact is that the tamil tigers actually popularize suicide bombing before hezbollah began using it as a war tactic!

It would be suicidal for the muslims to try it. They are vastly outnumbered - it will be so easy to overrun them. The Tamils will like that too so that another group can join them in their misery. The Sinhalese walloped the Tamils (largest minority) and they are in a mood for another feel-good war victory. Politicians love that. Elections are not lost during a war a country is winning. It does not matter if the economy is ruined in the process. That is another person's future headache.
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by onyekabe(m): 12:45am On Apr 02, 2013
Religion has killed many people more than atomic bomb. Religion is the opium of the masses. Karl max
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by onyekabe(m): 1:00am On Apr 02, 2013
The origin of religion is confusion. thereby religion is confusion. Allah/God, Burda or whatever your religion call this non exiting deity is a CONFUSIONIST
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by Paschal007: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2013
Its pathetic to assume that every critic of islam is a Christian. Who's the one full of lies na?
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by Paschal007: 8:53am On Apr 02, 2013
sino: Can buhdist actually do this? This is not self-defence na? The report didnt indicate that they were provoked in any way, I thought they were said to be peaceful and buhda didnt preach violence?
didn't you read the where they reported that the fighting began after muslims started raping Buddhist women?

What has been the reaction of muslims so far? What have they done especially the oil rich ones to help those displaced muslims? Waiting for the infidel west? I think i'll start up a thread for that. undecided
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2013
Paschal007: Its pathetic to assume that every critic of islam is a Christian.
There is nothing pathethic about an error based on similar modus operadi
What is shocking is that Christians can join with atheists to attack Islam

as for some atheists, they are well known here because they post at the Islamic section /quote]

[quote author=Paschal007]
Who's the one full of lies na?

You, sir, are the one lying.
Paschal007: muslims started Molesting Buddhist women
is not the reason. You are portraying it as if the muslims took a decision to "start" molesting

Christians, Muslims, atheists molest everywhere. If Christians don't commit crime (sin) there will be no police station in SE Nigeria

LagosShia:
it all started in Burma when some criminals who happen to be muslims Molested a Buddhist girl.

Paschal007:
What has been the reaction of muslims so far? What have they done especially the oil rich ones to help those displaced muslims? Waiting for the infidel west?

What have you done here except condone large scale attack on Muslims?
If you believe that innocents should not suffer, don't suggest that Muslims deserve the attack
As for the West, this matter was on when Obama visited the country although Muslims advised against the visit which would seem to approve of the killings
That is what the "infidel" West did!

Incidentally why do you turn things around? Is it not the Bible that says you should not be yoked with the infidels? So who are the infidels?
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by Paschal007: 3:23pm On Apr 05, 2013
BetaThings: There is nothing pathethic about an error based on similar modus operadi
What is shocking is that Christians can join with atheists to attack Islam

as for some atheists, they are well known here because they post at the Islamic section
Nah, it's really pathetic how you could lie with a straight face not once but at least twice that pagans and atheists are Christians just so you could attack Christianity. And shamelessly defending your streak of lies with bogus excuses that it's their 'similar modus operandi'. How about addressing him without calling anybody names? Christians are full of lies and you muslims are not?
BetaThings: is not the reason. You are portraying it as if the muslims took a decision to "start" molesting

Christians, Muslims, atheists molest everywhere. If Christians don't commit crime (sin) there will be no police station in SE Nigeria.
What's the need for that? Where in my post did opine that Christians don't commit crimes? Another logical fallacy.

Twist it anyhow you want. Fact remains that violence started after a muslim raped a Buddhist girl. I won't stay here and defend the rapist or those that took laws into their hands.
BetaThings: What have you done here except condone large scale attack on Muslims?
If you believe that innocents should not suffer, don't suggest that Muslims deserve the attack
As for the West, this matter was on when Obama visited the country although Muslims advised against the visit which would seem to approve of the killings
That is what the "infidel" West did!

Incidentally why do you turn things around? Is it not the Bible that says you should not be yoked with the infidels? So who are the infidels?
Another lie. Where did i condone or suggest that Muslims deserve the attack? All i did was state what caused the attack like your fellow muslim did, and asked why muslims are helping rahiyan muslims like they doing the Palestinians. Is it bcus they are not arabs and the jews are not involved?

As for your West/Obama/US conspiracy theories and other off topic rants, sorry, i'm not gonna indulge you on that!
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 3:40am On Apr 09, 2013
Paschal007: Nah, it's really pathetic how you could lie with a straight face not once but at least twice that pagans and atheists are Christians just so you could attack Christianity. And shamelessly defending your streak of lies with bogus excuses that it's their 'similar modus operandi'. How about addressing him without calling anybody names?

1. Did you notice that he exonerated Christianity? If he had concentrated his comments on Islam, I would not have mistaken him for a Christian. He started by saying he had never heard of Christians being attacked. So he drageed Christianity into the fray
2. I lie with a straight face? How? I said I did not know he was an atheist? How is that a lie? On my computer, I don't see people's religious belief appended to their name
3. Please can you show where I called him names
4. Now I remember, sometime ago, you were the one quoting my post and editing it! Were you not, Sir?

Paschal007:
Christians are full of lies and you muslims are not? What's the need for that? Where in my post did opine that

Look at this thread. Christians don't make innocent mistakes. You guys commit deliberate and wicked falsehood
https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications

Paschal007:
Christians don't commit crimes? Another logical fallacy.

So when a muslim makes a mistake, should we now use that to justify an attack on the whole Muslim community? That is the logic. I don't expect people to start attacking ALL Christians because ONE of them molested a woman. But you TWISTED the case to "they started molesting" as if it was a premeditated concerted action

Paschal007:
Twist it anyhow you want. Fact remains that violence started after a muslim raped a Buddhist girl. I won't stay here and defend the rapist or those that took laws into their hands. Another lie.

These things are in black and white!
Read it again. You spoke of logic. So what does pluralising an incident by one person mean?

Paschal007: didn't you read the where they reported that the fighting began after muslims started Molesting Buddhist women?

Paschal007:
Where did i condone or suggest that Muslims deserve the attack? All i did was state what caused the attack like your fellow muslim did,

No that is not what you did. You implied that the "ever-peaceful" Budhists were provoked into defending the honour of their women.
You never pointed out that what should have happened was for the "peaceful" people to have brought that lone attacker to justice!

Paschal007:
and asked why muslims are helping rahiyan muslims like they doing the Palestinians. Is it bcus they are not arabs and the jews are not involved?

Now you are the one expanding the scope of the discussion to Palestinian crisis. You have not proved that anyone is not being helped. You have only assumed? BTW Palestine is supposed to be a country with right to it own territory, law enforcement and security complement. This is how that poster dragged Christianity into the matter

Paschal007:
As for your West/Obama/US conspiracy theories and other off topic rants, sorry, i'm not gonna indulge you on that!

Rants? Did we mention the West? Did anyone speak of infidels before you did?
Sir, people can read writing on this thread from the beginning
Whenever we say Christians lie, you deny vigorously, but evidence abound
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by Omexonomy: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2013
My kwestions to you islamic fundamentals.
Why is it that you label anybody who is not islam christian e.g okija juju and mazaje the atheist.
Why are the muslims always fighting and killing every other relingion on planet earth.
Recently ur fellow fundamentalist went on rampage killing xtian and burning thier houses all on an unfounded rumours in pakistan and the authority (police) were seing pouring fire and fuel.
Why is it that all media house world over are allways reporting islamic violence every day.
Finaly, is islam a religion of peace or piss and shitt.
I don already know the answer so i don comot for here b4 dem chop me alive. Bloody killers
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by Paschal007: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
BetaThings:

1. Did you notice that he exonerated Christianity? If he had concentrated his comments on Islam, I would not have mistaken him for a Christian. He started by saying he had never heard of Christians being attacked. So he drageed Christianity into the fray
2. I lie with a straight face? How? I said I did not know he was an atheist? How is that a lie? On my computer, I don't see people's religious belief appended to their name
3. Please can you show where I called him names
4. Now I remember, sometime ago, you were the one quoting my post and editing it! Were you not, Sir?
ok he was ignorant Christians relations with Buddhists in that side of the world so what? How about pointing out his error without silly generalization that Christians are full of lies? It's not that am surprised that such bigoted statement came from you but the fact that the person you were addressing is not even a Christian. You didn't even bother to take correction or apologize for your silliness but rather choose to justify it with bogus claims of 'modus operandi' or whatever you mind comes up with. You were quick to chastise for pluralizing a crime committed by muslim while you've done the same thing?

Look at this thread. Christians don't make innocent mistakes. You guys commit deliberate and wicked falsehood
https://www.nairaland.com/1177010/hoaxes-fabrications
another one of your ignorant rants? Maybe i should make a thread were you muslims deliberately terrorize others because of religious difference?

[quote]So when a muslim makes a mistake, should we now use that to justify an attack on the whole Muslim community? That is the logic. I don't expect people to start attacking ALL Christians because ONE of them molested a woman. But you TWISTED the case to "they started molesting" as if it was a premeditated concerted action

Hypocrisy much? I didn't expect you to generalize that Christians are liars because of an atheist statement. Your so called logic seemed to have deserted you when Christians mentioned abi you dey suffer from selective amnesia?

These things are in black and white!
Read it again. You spoke of logic. So what does pluralising an incident by one person mean?
what's your problem? Lying or plain ignorance?
What's behind the unrest?

Overnight curfews in several towns and villages across the region have been in place since May, when the arrest of three Muslim men suspected of raping and killing a Buddhist woman sparked deadly clashes between the Rohingya and Rakhine Buddhists.
. http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/26/world/asia/myanmar-rohingya-violence-explainer

No that is not what you did. You implied that the "ever-peaceful" Budhists were provoked into defending the honour of their women.
You never pointed out that what should have happened was for the "peaceful" people to have brought that lone attacker to justice!
It wasn't a lone attacker after all. And yes the fightings began after molestation began. After brazen show of ignorance here, who knows how much of it you spewed on that hoax and fabrication thread?

Now you are the one expanding the scope of the discussion to Palestinian crisis. You have not proved that anyone is not being helped. You have only assumed? BTW Palestine is supposed to be a country with right to it own territory, law enforcement and security complement. This is how that poster dragged Christianity into the matter
That was my initial question on the thread. What has Been done by islamic countries to help this people like they've been doing to the Palestinians? The burden of proof is not on me. Ha!

Rants? Did we mention the West? Did anyone speak of infidels before you did?
Sir, people can read writing on this thread from the beginning
Whenever we say Christians lie, you deny vigorously, but evidence abound
If you can't understand the reason i mentioned west before you brought up conspiracy theories that Obama went to myanmar to approve the killings of rohingya muslims (another lie you can't prove) then am sorry, your case is irredeemable. sad
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by BetaThings: 7:05am On Apr 10, 2013
Paschal007: ok he was ignorant Christians relations with Buddhists in that side of the world so what? How about pointing out his error without silly generalization that Christians are full of lies? It's not that am surprised that such bigoted statement came from you but the fact that the person you were addressing is not even a Christian. You didn't even bother to take correction or apologize for your silliness but rather choose to justify it with bogus claims of 'modus operandi' or whatever you mind comes up with. You were quick to chastise for pluralizing a crime committed by muslim while you've done the same thing?

What is the real difference?
Show me a thread where muslims tag with atheists to denigrate Christianity
I can show you several threads where you guys team up with atheists to attack Islam

Paschal007:
another one of your ignorant rants? Maybe i should make a thread were you muslims deliberately terrorize others because of religious difference?

Please do.
We already admit that we have issues with extremists amongst us. We have started threads on Nairaland to denounce them. And we still insist that Boko Haram are extremists whose views don't represent the beliefs of the vast majority of Muslims.

But we don't go out concocting wicked lies to attribute to members of other religions what they did not do. That is what I mean by lying and that threads shows that you Christians are guilty. If that is ignorance, maybe we really need a common dictionary

Paschal007:
Hypocrisy much? I didn't expect you to generalize that Christians are liars because of an atheist statement. Your so called logic seemed to have deserted you when Christians mentioned abi you dey suffer from selective amnesia?

I used that Hoax and fabrications thread to show that Christians have been at the game for a while.
Look at this thread too. It was meant to tarnish the image of muslims based again on falsehood by a Christians

https://www.nairaland.com/431142/71-nigerian-muslims-desire-sharia

Paschal007:
It wasn't a lone attacker after all. And yes the fightings began after molestation began. After brazen show of ignorance here, who knows how much of it you spewed on that hoax and fabrication thread?

But a lone incident. Did the act of molestation continue? You used the word "began" for the molestation. Should you not have used the word "happened"?

So since you are not ignorant, we can conclude that you used the wrong word to deliberately paint a false picture of the event and tilt opinions against muslims

From your CNN link

Overnight curfews in several towns and villages across the region have been in place since May, when the arrest of three Muslim men suspected of ra.pi.ng and killing a Buddhist woman sparked deadly clashes between the Rohingya and Rakhine Buddhists. Two of the men have since been sentenced to death, while the third hanged himself while in detention, the government-run newspaper New Light of Myanmar reported on its website.

The following month, 10 Muslims were killed when several hundred people attacked a bus in the state's Taungup district, reportedly believing some of the passengers were involved in the murder

Paschal007:
That was my initial question on the thread. What has Been done by islamic countries to help this people like they've been doing to the Palestinians? The burden of proof is not on me. Ha!

You cannot impose any burden of proof on me.
Nobody asks Christians who post about Boko Haram to first show what fellow Christians have done

So if don't Muslims don't act, we cannot post on Nairaland?
Do you guys wait for the opinions of world muslims before you post on misdeeds by muslims, whether religious or not

Paschal007:
f you can't understand the reason i mentioned west before you brought up conspiracy theories that Obama went to myanmar to approve the killings of rohingya muslims (another lie you can't prove) then am sorry, .

This is what you posted
Paschal007:
and asked why muslims are not helping rahiyan muslims like they doing the Palestinians. Is it bcus they are not arabs and the jews are not involved?

I inserted the not because I believe you left it out in error. If I am wrong correct it, please.

The reason is clear - shift the blame onto the Muslims. You also indirectly denigrate muslims for supporting Palestinians because Palestnians are Arabs and their opponents are Jews

To start with Arab Muslims are not superior to anyone. The best muslim is the one who fears Allah the most. I am not an Arab, so why should I even support them ahead of anyone. Note that I cannot stop any muslim who is ignorant from feeling superior! But I am not inferior to anyone except the one better than me in knowledge and obedience to Allah

If the Jews give the land they occupy back to the Palestinians, tensions will ease. Now note that your Christian Europe had a very hostile attitude towards Jews (they were blamed for diseases and not allowed to own property). The Jews were thus glad to leave the midst of Christians go to the Middle East

The Roghinya Muslims are large in number. Their problem is not money. It is having a place to call their own. A foreign country cannot easily solve that problem. Bangladesh - the closest neighbour - is poor and blighted by inclement geography. Yet it has taken tens of thousands as refugees.

As for the West, you tried to bring in the issue of hostility towards them. And you termed as conspiracy theory my response that Obama was advised to not to go to Myanmar
If there is any conspiracy theory, it started with you. You brought up an issue, and I explained it

Paschal007:
your case is irredeemable

Redemption from what? From speaking the truth and defending Islam without resorting to lies?
Your hatred of muslims is clear. Your willingness to twist facts (and even edit posts made by people) stands you out. You are the one that needs to open your mind

1 Like

Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by vedaxcool(m): 3:01pm On Apr 10, 2013
BetaThings:

What is the real difference?
Show me a thread where muslims tag with atheists to denigrate Christianity
I can show you several threads where you guys team up with atheists to attack Islam

Please do.
We already admit that we have issues with extremists amongst us. We have started threads on Nairaland to denounce them. And we still insist that Boko Haram are extremists whose views don't represent the beliefs of the vast majority of Muslims.

But we don't go out concocting wicked lies to attribute to members of other religions what they did not do. That is what I mean by lying and that threads shows that you Christians are guilty. If that is ignorance, maybe we really need a common dictionary

I used that Hoax and fabrications thread to show that Christians have been at the game for a while.
Look at this thread too. It was meant to tarnish the image of muslims based again on falsehood by a Christians

https://www.nairaland.com/431142/71-nigerian-muslims-desire-sharia

But a lone incident. Did the act of molestation continue? You used the word "began" for the molestation. Should you not have used the word "happened"?

So since you are not ignorant, we can conclude that you used the wrong word to deliberately paint a false picture of the event and tilt opinions against muslims

From your CNN link

You cannot impose any burden of proof on me.
Nobody asks Christians who post about Boko Haram to first show what fellow Christians have done

So if don't Muslims don't act, we cannot post on Nairaland?
Do you guys wait for the opinions of world muslims before you post on misdeeds by muslims, whether religious or not

This is what you posted

I inserted the not because I believe you left it out in error. If I am wrong correct it, please.

The reason is clear - shift the blame onto the Muslims. You also indirectly denigrate muslims for supporting Palestinians because Palestnians are Arabs and their opponents are Jews

To start with Arab Muslims are not superior to anyone. The best muslim is the one who fears Allah the most. I am not an Arab, so why should I even support them ahead of anyone. Note that I cannot stop any muslim who is ignorant from feeling superior! But I am not inferior to anyone except the one better than me in knowledge and obedience to Allah

If the Jews give the land they occupy back to the Palestinians, tensions will ease. Now note that your Christian Europe had a very hostile attitude towards Jews (they were blamed for diseases and not allowed to own property). The Jews were thus glad to leave the midst of Christians go to the Middle East

The Roghinya Muslims are large in number. Their problem is not money. It is having a place to call their own. A foreign country cannot easily solve that problem. Bangladesh - the closest neighbour - is poor and blighted by inclement geography. Yet it has taken tens of thousands as refugees.

As for the West, you tried to bring in the issue of hostility towards them. And you termed as conspiracy theory my response that Obama was advised to not to go to Myanmar
If there is any conspiracy theory, it started with you. You brought up an issue, and I explained it

Redemption from what? From speaking the truth and defending Islam without resorting to lies?
Your hatred of muslims is clear. Your willingness to twist facts (and even edit posts made by people) stands you out. You are the one that needs to open your mind

lol grin Falsehood by its nature is bound to fade, well maybe to NL christians like paschal trauth is bound to be falsified!
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by DevotedOne(m): 4:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh; The peace be upon you, and The Mercy of Allah and HIS Blessings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QfsVz_jMMc Al Jazeera Investigates - The Hidden Genocide

Wassalaam. DevotedOne
Re: Muslims Vanish As Buddhist Attacks Approach Myanmar's Biggest City by vedaxcool(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2013
Alhamdulilah betathins please intensify your. efforts. that an individual responds to thread weeks later shows how the message u r passing must be affecting a nerve ending. grin; D

(1) (Reply)

Ahlul-Bayt TV Nigerian Shia Presenter:Reveals Journey From Christianity To Islam / Difference Between Shia And Sunni Muslims / Contemplate And Be Thankful To Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.