Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,501 members, 7,770,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:11 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1153686 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 5:54am On Mar 30, 2013
--------Post updated 3rd October------

For those now on the z10, Q10, Q5 and now Z30 devices running on the new blackberry 10 OS, post your requests, observations here.

Been using one since March 2013 and I can help you with questions you may have cool

DATA PLAN

FULL BIS will still work with no problem on AIRTEL AND GLO..Stay strictly away from MTN and Etisalat

Stay away from 'Social' Plans on all networks....they don't work

COMPLETE, Unlimited and Absolute plans should work because if there's any restrictions its probably only the no of email addresses you can register on BIS but BB10 doesn't handle email with BIS. i use this particular BIS flavor on Glo and Airtel and i can confirm they work flawlessly

UPDATE: I have a first hand experience that Glo BB COMPLETE PLAN work with no problem

Check Page 24 for the new Glo BIS plans and code

New BB10 Data plans,
STAY AWAY from GLO BB10 MIDMONTH plan, it has been placed on 2G network to block video and audio streaming

The great news is BB10 will run on any normal data plan for andriods, iPhone, mifi etc so we dont even need the crappy BB10 plans being introduced by the networks

APPS
there are over 350k BB10 apps on BB World...you can find anything you need on there

Sideloading
Check the last post on this page and the first post on Page 23

Downloading files using BB10 browser
Check Page 5

Others
Check Page 10 for videos highlighting BB10 features

Check Page 23 for more information about BB10 OS and devices

Check the top of Page 38 for BB World settings so you can download files larger than 50mb

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ok. That's good to know. So, when are the owners of these devices gonna come and start posting their observations or is it safe to assume that not many Nigerians are among the 1million buyers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2013
And I also would like to hear about the performance of android apps on the device.

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henryskywalker2003(m): 1:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
And now that I've dealt with any possible 1st to comment rubbish can the mods please move this to the front page cos we rarely get threads from this side of the forum on the front page.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 4:28pm On Mar 30, 2013
Whatsapp is not automatic. To get whatsapp, your device must run a later OS version usually 10.0.10.Bleep versions.

Upgrade can take almost 700mb if not more...

I am currently upgrading mine at oxygen hot spot at Stalad

Bb10 data plans are advised as they give unlimited bbm chat. Other data bundles dont.

Will update if I notice differences after the update

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henryskywalker2003(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
walcolm: @henryskywalker,

All android ports in the blackberry world are running well from reviews I've read and side loading those that are not in bbw yet is also easy

Not talking about reviews but real life experiences here.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:19pm On Mar 30, 2013
henryskywalker2003:

Not talking about reviews but real life experiences here.

I meant end user reviews on bbw...you know those app reviews you can find on the app Page in the store from people who have installed that app?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 5:30am On Mar 31, 2013
With the rise and rise of whatsapp and BB 10 having crappy data plans according to you I'm feeling complete sticking with android. though Im loving the fact BB is meeting us half way by coming on board the all touch screen route. But do let us know if a dual sim affordable version comes out.

Great thread!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:17am On Mar 31, 2013
Whatsapp for BB10 has been released for about 2 weeks now, it requires a minimum of OS 10.0.10.xxxx as mentioned earlier by @henryskywalker

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2013
Felt this fone once....amazing fluidity. Are there upgraded ones in the store hate to have to go download a file of 700mb. Pls is it also possible to upgrade OTA?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2013
henry007: Felt this fone once....amazing fluidity. Are there upgraded ones in the store hate to have to go download a file of 700mb. Pls is it also possible to upgrade OTA?

it is possible to update OTA provided you have a good wifi because of the size of the update.

i think the current inventory will require the update since they were manufactured before the update was released but i believe fresh ones coming off the line will have the latest OS version pre-installed so you might get lucky to get one with the latest update. luckily, the pack shows what version of the OS is pre-installed so you'll know before opening the pack
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by just4sola: 4:35am On Apr 01, 2013
trae_z: With the rise and rise of whatsapp and BB 10 having crappy data plans according to you I'm feeling complete sticking with android. though Im loving the fact BB is meeting us half way by coming on board the all touch screen route. But do let us know if a dual sim affordable version comes out.

Great thread!

Dual sim BlackBerry 10? BlackBerry is not your crappy Androids sir!

6 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 01, 2013
just4sola:

Looking down at dual SIM phones...crappy Android?? Go and educate yourself man, that's all i can say.

4 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
mehn, beefers will always still beef bb10 like i use to before. Try using the phone before judging it cuz it's completely different from the usual bb. I moved from iphone to bb10, although i hated bb with complete passion angry
The batt outlasts all smart phones, confirmed myself not just the usual rating online, the only time you will have problem is when you are on 3G, mehn the batt go lick like stew grin.
the browser madt ni, the keypad is something else, not to talk of the wipes, at first complicated but ones you understand it, you will enjoy it.
I love games and have not really tried gaming on it, will drop my feedback when i do (especially android games on it).
The camera too superb. But the fact still remains beefers will always beef, handle the phone first before junking it up like other bb. cheers

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Fukup(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
I Really love bb10.waiting for the Q10 to be released coz i love phones with physical qwerty keyboard. sadjust hope it wont cost much.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2013
@justfree,

Great feedback and thanks for being objective. If you're a gamer, you're in luck with bb10 and there are lots of them already. Native and android ports alike
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by just4sola: 2:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Open letter to Blackbery Z10 users only tongue.

Hi all, I Want to update my BB z10 os. presently am having the following configuration information

Model Number - STL100-1
Software Release - 10.0.9.348

Please advice how to go about the OS update to 10.1.10xxx so i can use Whatsapp, fix other bugs etc. I have actually tried software update under SETTINGS but it says i have the latest softwear( we all know there is update now) i also tried blackberry LINK but cant see any update notification. Thanks

regards.
xx
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
just4sola: Open letter to Blackbery Z10 users only tongue.

Hi all, I Want to update my BB z10 os. presently am having the following configuration information

Model Number - STL100-1
Software Release - 10.0.9.348

Please advice how to go about the OS update to 10.1.10xxx so i can use Whatsapp, fix other bugs etc. I have actually tried software update under SETTINGS but it says i have the latest softwear( we all know there is update now) i also tried blackberry LINK but cant see any update notification. Thanks

regards.
xx

Hello pal.

BlackBerry Os is carrier dependent as regards update. Which sim is inside? Am sure Etisalat has started pushing the updates in Nigeria.

Once you have an update notification, Pls look for a wifi hot spot with very reliable Internet connection and update there. U used oxygen. Check www.oxygen.com.ng for nearby locations.

I spent over 2 hours...

Happy z10 surfing
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by just4sola: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2013
@Denn

Thank you for the prompt reply. I Have GLO inside the BB Z10, i got the phone on the first day of launch
at GLO world, i tried MTN too but no update. I will try Etisalat as suggested if i can get an OS update. I have good wifi, that wont be a problem. Please more suggestions..
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2013
just4sola: @Denn

Thank you for the prompt reply. I Have GLO inside the BB Z10, i got the phone on the first day of launch
at GLO world, i tried MTN too but no update. I will try Etisalat as suggested if i can get an OS update. I have good wifi, that wont be a problem. Please more suggestions..

the first thing you need to have is a stable wifi...the update is about 800mb. if the Etisalat sim doesn't give you an update, try a UK sim even if the sim is outdated, it will still detect an update for you
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 1:50am On Apr 03, 2013
walcolm:

it is possible to update OTA provided you have a good wifi because of the size of the update.

i think the current inventory will require the update since they were manufactured before the update was released but i believe fresh ones coming off the line will have the latest OS version pre-installed so you might get lucky to get one with the latest update. luckily, the pack shows what version of the OS is pre-installed so you'll know before opening the pack
funny how no one wld show u the pack without paying unless u wait and see someone else buy it.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2013
henry007: funny how no one wld show u the pack without paying unless u wait and see someone else buy it.

looollll...that happens only in naija..but its safe to say the ones rolling out right now wont have the update pre-installed. by the time Q10 is released to the market, you can be sure this current inventory should have been exhausted.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2013
the update about 150mb, i used my etisalat and it worked. just get a good wi-fi, which can be setup with ur pc, no hussles grin...#Team Z10
walcolm:

the first thing you need to have is a stable wifi...the update is about 800mb. if the Etisalat sim doesn't give you an update, try a UK sim even if the sim is outdated, it will still detect an update for you
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:18am On Apr 04, 2013
justfree.:
the update about 150mb, i used my etisalat and it worked. just get a good wi-fi, which can be setup with ur pc, no hussles grin...#Team Z10

yeah, the update can range from 117MB to as high as 800MB
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2013
loading my android apps...instagram loaded...google map, etc grin cheesy z10 all the way

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by DAVE5(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2013
just4sola:

crappy android u say! Datz y samsung g s4 came after d bb10 fonez n is currently outsellin it and bb also tried as much as possible to port android apps to dia phones rite... They 4 stand alone wit dia own appz make i see nah

face it bro; android n ios is light years ahead of bb n bb10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2013
D.A.V.E:

crappy android u say! Datz y samsung g s4 came after d bb10 fonez n is currently outsellin it and bb also tried as much as possible to port android apps to dia phones rite... They 4 stand alone wit dia own appz make i see nah

try to keep your post intelligent...Samsung GS4 has not started selling

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2013
smh some people like arguement. sorry do you have s4 now? undecided undecided
D.A.V.E:

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2013
If sideloading apps is your thing, go here and knock yourself out
http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2013
Z10 folks,

Pls follow the link below to vote for your Z10. Finals of a phone battle

http://blog.laptopmag.com/smartphone-madness-2013-finals-nokia-lumia-920-vs-blackberry-z10

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.