Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,131 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1160297 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by KazaaUpload: 1:57am On Apr 07, 2013
Experienced my friends z10 yesterday. Surprisingly It has a nice user interface. I have been a big critic of all things BlackBerry over the last few years due to crappy experiences with BB7 and BB5 handsets ice owned but this was nice. I won't buy the z10 because I already have an iPhone 4S but might consider the Q10 when it is released so as to have the QWERTY keyboard
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Signal81telecom: 4:55am On Apr 07, 2013
I'm team Z10. Great phone, thought a little bit complicated to operate. real smart phone only for smart people.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:57pm On Apr 07, 2013
http://blog.laptopmag.com/smartphone-madness-2013-finals-nokia-lumia-920-vs-blackberry-z10

Voting is still on at the link above. Get in there and show some love to your z10
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:09am On Apr 08, 2013
Signal81telecom: I'm team Z10. Great phone, thought a little bit complicated to operate. real smart phone only for smart people.

believe me, its not complicated to operate. every new thing requires learning but from my experience, if you use the phone for 24hrs, you still find that its actually easier to use than an android. the learning curve is not steep at all

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:28am On Apr 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:32am On Apr 08, 2013
For those already on the Z10, you would have noticed an app called 'Connect to Dropbox' in the app tray

Dropbox is a cloud storage service and is deeply ingrained into the BB10 OS.

if you dont have a dropbox account, register an account using this link http:///3X1B8UoH and you get an extra 500MB once you install a local copy on ur desktop or laptop

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mavtrevor(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2013
My first impression with Z10 was cool, i like the phone though i will never use one (not a BB fan at all) cos i have Freedom with Android. A lot of apps aint yet available for Z10, apps like Viber, Whatsapp and Skype aint available yet, i hear Whatsapp is available when you upgrade your OS to 10.0.10.Bleep version yet our telecom in Nigeria haven't pushed the OS yet. So if you are buying Z10 you may have to wait for some months to get some apps.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2013
just4sola: @Denn

Thank you for the prompt reply. I Have GLO inside the BB Z10, i got the phone on the first day of launch
at GLO world, i tried MTN too but no update. I will try Etisalat as suggested if i can get an OS update. I have good wifi, that wont be a problem. Please more suggestions..

@Denn,

in case you have not been able to update your OS, i can confirm first hand that with Etisalat sim, OS update 10.0.10.99 is available for download here in Naija
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2013
+100 so easy ones you understand it.
walcolm:

believe me, its not complicated to operate. every new thing requires learning but from my experience, if you use the phone for 24hrs, you still find that its actually easier to use than an android. the learning curve is not steep at all
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 08, 2013
how many people use most of these apps in naija ones facebook, twitter, whatsapp, yahoo messenger dey we are free to go. Only what i miss is my fifa 13 on iphone sad
mavtrevor: My first impression with Z10 was cool, i like the phone though i will never use one (not a BB fan at all) cos i have Freedom with Android. A lot of apps aint yet available for Z10, apps like Viber, Whatsapp and Skype aint available yet, i hear Whatsapp is available when you upgrade your OS to 10.0.10.Bleep version yet our telecom in Nigeria haven't pushed the OS yet. So if you are buying Z10 you may have to wait for some months to get some apps.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:51am On Apr 09, 2013
The BB10 is at par with Androids and iOS in terms of data use people...very content rich web pages load super-fast and downloads are even faster (of course, thats dependent on the network)

my Z10 guzzled about 135MB in 24hrs and i didn't download videos nor did i do video chat...so choose your data plan carefully or you have to consciously avoid visiting content rich website because your Z10 will display all the rich content available on the page rather than tone it down
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Denn(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
walcolm:

@Denn,

in case you have not been able to update your OS, i can confirm first hand that with Etisalat sim, OS update 10.0.10.99 is available for download here in Naija

Yes. When I bought my z10 and had no whatsapp access, I took it up with Etisalat and it was a war. They promised to get the update out. Other network users can take it up too...don't call, send emails so you have a trail.

Cheers
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by obiscolly(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2013
I love the Blackberry z10!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by obiscolly(m): 6:05pm On Apr 09, 2013
It's been over a month now and I'm still loving the blackberry z10 experience. The only problem I'm having is with the expensive blackberry 10 data plan tariffs by our mobile networks. I'm a kinda person that really loves downloads...now I have to really watch the way I browse, log off Facebook when not in use and all. If networks like MTN can give un limited BIS package, what makes bb10 so special that they can't do the same for it? Well...i'm still hoping with time competition will set in then they can come up with reasonable tariffs.
Apart from the data ish though, the overall experience has been splendid!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mikymouse1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2013
Team z10, Pls how do I get the updated version of BlackBerry 10 OS. I on on MTN
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
obiscolly: It's been over a month now and I'm still loving the blackberry z10 experience. The only problem I'm having is with the expensive blackberry 10 data plan tariffs by our mobile networks. I'm a kinda person that really loves downloads...now I have to really watch the way I browse, log off Facebook when not in use and all. If networks like MTN can give un limited BIS package, what makes bb10 so special that they can't do the same for it? Well...i'm still hoping with time competition will set in then they can come up with reasonable tariffs.
Apart from the data ish though, the overall experience has been splendid!

Hi,

if you go through POST #1 of this thread, you will see some information on data plan

FULL BIS works, BIS COMPLETE also works on all network. just avoid the social plans

Regular Android and iOS plans also work even the plans for Mifi devices all work on the Z10

MTN and ETIS BIS are supposed to be unlimited in data cap (dont know how far that's true for now) so you can try your hands on those 2 networks
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 1:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
miky_mouse: Team z10, Pls how do I get the updated version of BlackBerry 10 OS. I on on MTN

Not sure MTN has started pushing the update out. find anybody with Etisalat sim card and go to a Wifi area. once you put the Etisalat sim in your Z10 and check for OS UPDATE, your phone will detect it and you can download the update
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mikymouse1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2013
walcolm:

Not sure MTN has started pushing the update out. find anybody with Etisalat sim card and go to a Wifi area. once you put the Etisalat sim in your Z10 and check for OS UPDATE, your phone will detect it and you can download the update
Thanks. One more, I pre-ordered my z10 from MTN,is my phone locked to their network?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by obiscolly(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2013
walcolm:

Hi,

if you go through POST #1 of this thread, you will see some information on data plan

FULL BIS works, BIS COMPLETE also works on all network. just avoid the social plans

Regular Android and iOS plans also work even the plans for Mifi devices all work on the Z10

MTN and ETIS BIS are supposed to be unlimited in data cap (dont know how far that's true for now) so you can try your hands on those 2 networks
Thanks for the reply bro. But last I heard BIS only works on blackberry registered apps like bbm on the z10. A user who tried it on some other forum confirmed that. Even when I bought my z10 I was still on my complete month (comonth) package on Glo and it didn't work for me. I gave the customer care a call and they said normal BIS won't work on the z10 and that I'll have to cancel my current subscription and subscribe to the bb10 plan. That I had to do painfully even though I had about half a month left for my subscription to expire.

But if it's working for you, i'll like to know which network and plan you're on so I can make a switch asap.

Thanks!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:17am On Apr 11, 2013
miky_mouse:
Thanks. One more, I pre-ordered my z10 from MTN,is my phone locked to their network?

i dont think its locked because you paid the full hardware cost...networks only lock devices when you get it for a very cheap price in exchange for a tenured contract./...that is not the case in Nigeria. i believe MTN has splashed the OS with their logo... it's only a soft branding and i'm sure you can pop another network sim into it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:39am On Apr 11, 2013
obiscolly:
Thanks for the reply bro. But last I heard BIS only works on blackberry registered apps like bbm on the z10. A user who tried it on some other forum confirmed that. Even when I bought my z10 I was still on my complete month (comonth) package on Glo and it didn't work for me. I gave the customer care a call and they said normal BIS won't work on the z10 and that I'll have to cancel my current subscription and subscribe to the bb10 plan. That I had to do painfully even though I had about half a month left for my subscription to expire.

But if it's working for you, i'll like to know which network and plan you're on so I can make a switch asap.

Thanks!

i can confirm that GLO FULL BIS and COMPLETE BIS packages work with no problem because i have used both. i am currently using glo COMPLETE...the customer care clowns only conned you into buying their more expensive Z10 data plan

i will be switching to Etisalat BIS to test out that network

BB10 actually runs on any type of data...you can use regular data plans (iPhone, easyblaze, G-bam etc) so don't let any Customer care person tell you something they don't know
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by obiscolly(m): 1:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
walcolm:

i can confirm that GLO FULL BIS and COMPLETE BIS packages work with no problem because i have used both. i am currently using glo COMPLETE...the customer care clowns only conned you into buying their more expensive Z10 data plan

i will be switching to Etisalat BIS to test out that network

BB10 actually runs on any type of data...you can use regular data plans (iPhone, easyblaze, G-bam etc) so don't let any Customer care person tell you something they don't know
I guess u mean 'comonth' by the glo complete package? Also does glo support unlimited bbm? I heard airtel supports it.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mikymouse1(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
walcolm:

i dont think its locked because you paid the full hardware cost...networks only lock devices when you get it for a very cheap price in exchange for a tenured contract./...that is not the case in Nigeria. i believe MTN has splashed the OS with their logo... it's only a soft branding and i'm sure you can pop another network sim into it
Thanks for ur response. How come u r vasted on issues concerning z10. Pls send me ur email. Are u d same walcolm dat posted on crackberry some days ago. My email ocheaustine@yahoo.com
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:18am On Apr 12, 2013
obiscolly:
I guess u mean 'comonth' by the glo complete package? Also does glo support unlimited bbm? I heard airtel supports it.
Yup, i meant COMONTH.. as for unlimited BBM, i think you will only be able to get that when you subscribe to an actual BB10 package from the networks..Etisalat supports, its also possible the other networks are doing the same to stave off competition from Etisalat
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:21am On Apr 12, 2013
miky_mouse:
Thanks for ur response. How come u r vasted on issues concerning z10. Pls send me ur email. Are u d same walcolm dat posted on crackberry some days ago. My email ocheaustine@yahoo.com

i am very vast in BB related issues because i have been using a BB for quite a while and despite having used other OS, BB has always been my main device...Finally there is a BB10 OS that has the capability to match and potential to outperform the current suite of competing OSs out there

Yes, i am the same Walcolm on crackberry.com

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by mikymouse1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
walcolm:

i am very vast in BB related issues because i have been using a BB for quite a while and despite having used other OS, BB has always been my main device...Finally there is a BB10 OS that has the capability to match and potential to outperform the current suite of competing OSs out there

Yes, i am the same Walcolm on crackberry.com
What data bundle do u use for ur BB10. I did MTN 1.5 gig for 3,500. But I have I have less than 20mb now n its not up to a month. What do u advise
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2013
those people are criminals, mtn bb10 plans don't work with unlimited bbm anything angry, am using my second sim now cuz when i exhausted the 200mb bb10 plan, they said i can only ping with my money angry angry undecided and when i was on etisalat easyblase only, the bb network logo wasn't on my phone, i had to do the 1k plan before everything started working wella kiss
walcolm:
Yup, i meant COMONTH.. as for unlimited BBM, i think you will only be able to get that when you subscribe to an actual BB10 package from the networks..Etisalat supports, its also possible the other networks are doing the same to stave off competition from Etisalat
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 5:40pm On Apr 12, 2013
bro you don download tire grin grin but mtn is watching you, you better manage the 20mb till your tenure expires, otherwise your credit will suffer undecided lipsrsealed
miky_mouse:
What data bundle do u use for ur BB10. I did MTN 1.5 gig for 3,500. But I have I have less than 20mb now n its not up to a month. What do u advise
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:24pm On Apr 13, 2013
miky_mouse:

You have to understand that BB10 is blackberry reloaded and unchained. Browsing is fast and everything loads including heavy graphics. There is a natural temptation to play videos and stream music. You will run through your data very fast. Last Saturday I subscribed to 1gb from glo and I exhausted it by Thursday because I was downloading stuff

I am currently using glo comonth package. I have tried the new bb10 plans and I don't think I'll bother to use them anymore. BB10 can run on bis without any issues. I prefer to subscribe to 2 comonth for 2800 and get 2gb of data than to subscribe to 1.5gb for 3000

Since you're with mtn, my advice will be for you to subscribe to bis so your data cap will be unlimited
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 7:29pm On Apr 13, 2013
justfree.:
those people are criminals, mtn bb10 plans don't work with unlimited bbm anything angry, am using my second sim now cuz when i exhausted the 200mb bb10 plan, they said i can only ping with my money angry angry undecided and when i was on etisalat easyblase only, the bb network logo wasn't on my phone, i had to do the 1k plan before everything started working wella kiss

BB10 runs on any type of data so it should run without any problems on easyblaze. As a matter of fact a friend of mine runs her z10 on her easyblaze sim that she removed from her mifi device

The unlimited BBM is only available if you subscribe to Etisalat bb10 plan. It's not available on other plans
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by justfree1(m): 9:07am On Apr 15, 2013
walcolm:

BB10 runs on any type of data so it should run without any problems on easyblaze. As a matter of fact a friend of mine runs her z10 on her easyblaze sim that she removed from her mifi device

The unlimited BBM is only available if you subscribe to Etisalat bb10 plan. It's not available on other plans
I will try using mtn bis next month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.