Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,193 members, 7,807,655 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc - Phones (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc (1161398 Views)

Get Google Play Store On Blackberry 10 Devices (OS 10.3+) - Android Version / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (597) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by tunedhey: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2014
stripper: Please u guys should help me out. This happened after i updated my bbm. Abeg i need solution
exit and reopen.. its just a network ish
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
scarr: okkk I think I experienced something similar with my keek app, I could only search for people but when I try viewing dere profile I get "no network connection" msg but I just ignored it since it was d only app doing such on my phone, not sure I have a work around for dis but I'll try to dig up something in my spare time....drop d name of some of d apps giving issues so I can try dem out
thanks for ur response bro, I really appreciate it........d apps are: all android store for apk,badoo,some games,ebay mobile nd lots more which I alredy hav deleted......
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2014
scarr: do u have a pc?
yes I have a pc bt it kep telin instal BlackBerry manager I cnt even c my bb10 on d pc nor d memory card, bt is always chargin wen I plug it, is d any link u cn send to me dt I cn download the rof file of d BlackBerry manager? So I cn instal in my pc
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2014
stripper: Please u guys should help me out. This happened after i updated my bbm. Abeg i need solution
you can side load bbm for android...get a friend to extract theirs using apkextractor (100kb app) and send to you via Bluetooth or just Google "bbm apk" install the newest version you see. i hope that works.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
We need to strive to not give each other bad advise... the worst thing anyone using a BlackBerry 10 device would do will be to install the Android version of BlackBerry Messenger on a BlackBerry 10

If anyone is having a problem with their bbm and they're using a BlackBerry 10 device pls update both OS and bbm to the latest version but before doing that UNINSTALL all the unnecessary apps you have installed on your device and make sure you have at least 2Gb of free device memory

Worst case scenario, copy all your personal files onto your media card, remove the media card and security wipe your device to start afresh
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:19pm On Aug 03, 2014
harrysterol: yes I have a pc bt it kep telin instal BlackBerry manager I cnt even c my bb10 on d pc nor d memory card, bt is always chargin wen I plug it, is d any link u cn send to me dt I cn download the rof file of d BlackBerry manager? So I cn instal in my pc

You need to install a program called BlackBerry link on your pc. It helps with managing your BlackBerry via a pc

Just go to BlackBerry.com to download BlackBerry link

Note that this program is different from the previous BlackBerry Desktop manager
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 8:21pm On Aug 03, 2014

Which BlackBerry 10 model, what OS version, which version of bbm and what network are you using ?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by oseiwe(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
Pls I need another way to do battery calibration. I've done ' drain battery, remove, plug empty phone and reinsert battery, charge till full' method. The battery still dies at 60%. It's a z10 STL100-1
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 9:31pm On Aug 03, 2014
walcolm:

You need to install a program called BlackBerry link on your pc. It helps with managing your BlackBerry via a pc

Just go to BlackBerry.com to download BlackBerry link

Note that this program is different from the previous BlackBerry Desktop manager
the is one tin dt shows like that wen I plug in d phone for me to install weda is dsame tin wit d BlackBerry link?? because afta installing that it nw shw me to complete it by installing the blackberry manager? Or the r both different tins?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by busuyi44: 9:41pm On Aug 03, 2014
Hi, how and where can I download music to my blackberry Q10?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
harrysterol: the is one tin dt shows like that wen I plug in d phone for me to install weda is dsame tin wit d BlackBerry link?? because afta installing that it nw shw me to complete it by installing the blackberry manager? Or the r both different tins?

When you plug the device to a pc, it asks you to download a required driver to allow the pc communicate with the device. That driver is different from the program which is why it still asks you to download the BlackBerry link program

If you install the BlackBerry link the device will not ask you to download the driver because the driver is part of the program
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2014
busuyi44: Hi, how and where can I download music to my blackberry Q10?

Go to page 5 of this thread

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 10:56pm On Aug 03, 2014
walcolm:

When you plug the device to a pc, it asks you to download a required driver to allow the pc communicate with the device. That driver is different from the program which is why it still asks you to download the BlackBerry link program

If you install the BlackBerry link the device will not ask you to download the driver because the driver is part of the program
tnx a lot let me c if I cn download it, I appreciate ur time n response
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2014
walcolm:

one mre question pls is it my Pc or d phone I will use in downloading the blackberry link? B4 installing it to my pc
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 4:13am On Aug 04, 2014
walcolm: We need to strive to not give each other bad advise... the worst thing anyone using a BlackBerry 10 device would do will be to install the Android version of BlackBerry Messenger on a BlackBerry 10

If anyone is having a problem with their bbm and they're using a BlackBerry 10 device pls update both OS and bbm to the latest version but before doing that UNINSTALL all the unnecessary apps you have installed on your device and make sure you have at least 2Gb of free device memory

Worst case scenario, copy all your personal files onto your media card, remove the media card and security wipe your device to start afresh
its the worst advise coz its coming from henry007 lol. stripper bbm issue started when he updated his bbm but yet your "genius" advice is for him to update bbm, and OS then security wipe?! shey na copy and paste advice better pass?. I bet you zoomed past the main issue at hand and faced me.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stripper: 5:02am On Aug 04, 2014
walcolm:

Which BlackBerry 10 model, what OS version, which version of bbm and what network are you using ?

Am using Mtn 4g bb 10. Done security wipe already still not working
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:46am On Aug 04, 2014
harrysterol: one mre question pls is it my Pc or d phone I will use in downloading the blackberry link? B4 installing it to my pc

use your PC to download. you will also be installing the program on your pc
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:52am On Aug 04, 2014
henry007: its the worst advise coz its coming from henry007 lol. stripper bbm issue started when he updated his bbm but yet your "genius" advice is for him to update bbm, and OS then security wipe?! shey na copy and paste advice better pass?. I bet you zoomed past the main issue at hand and faced me.

quick advise: get over yourself....i dont know who you are and frankly i dont give a damn who you are....in case you have not noticed, lots of folks here and I have maintained decorum and have been offering help to BB10 users for quite a while now

if you give a bad advise here, i will call you out because my goal has been and will always be to make this thread the one place anyone with a BB10 device can find help with getting the best experience on their BB10

maybe you can explain to the general public what intelligence went into your asking someone using a BB10 with BBM built in to install the android version of BBM on that type of device?
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 6:58am On Aug 04, 2014
stripper:

when you say MTN 4g bb10 do you mean MTN BB10 data plan?

if you are using MTN bis...it doesnt work on BB10 devices because MTN has blocked that data channel and that could be distorting stuff and causing all sorts of issues with your apps.

if this problem started after you updated your BBM to the latest version, you need to confirm what BB10 OS version, device model you're using... outdated OS version might also be responsible for the issues

note that a security wipe will restore your device to a default state based on the OS version you have, it will not install the latest version of the OS
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:02am On Aug 04, 2014
oseiwe: Pls I need another way to do battery calibration. I've done ' drain battery, remove, plug empty phone and reinsert battery, charge till full' method. The battery still dies at 60%. It's a z10 STL100-1
charge the phone till its full and then off the phone and charge it till it shows steady green light then remove the charger and plug it again and let it show green light again after on the phone and use to know when it will go off.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:05am On Aug 04, 2014
lagdude:

thanks for the prompt response, still using the old OS:10.1.0.2309
u have to upgrade ur os bro
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2014
stripper:

hope u know that mtn night plan works only at night and weekends when u finish the 1.5gig bonus? u should try another network and let us know
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:07am On Aug 04, 2014
bufness: cn sum1 kindly gv a review of z3,goin 4 it 2mao
i should have done that but bn busy. but the phone is ok. decent battery life much more better than z10 camera is ok too. u can go for it

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by oseiwe(m): 7:12am On Aug 04, 2014
cupid4ig: charge the phone till its full and then off the phone and charge it till it shows steady green light then remove the charger and plug it again and let it show green light again after on the phone and use to know when it will go off.
Oshey

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by cupid4ig(m): 7:22am On Aug 04, 2014
oseiwe:
Oshey
just try and let us know
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by stripper: 7:23am On Aug 04, 2014
cupid4ig: hope u know that mtn night plan works only at night and weekends when u finish the 1.5gig bonus? u should try another network and let us know

Okay this shit is really frustrating me
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 7:34am On Aug 04, 2014
walcolm:

quick advise: get over yourself....i dont know who you are and frankly i dont give a damn who you are....in case you have not noticed, lots of folks here and I have maintained decorum and have been offering help to BB10 users for quite a while now

if you give a bad advise here, i will call you out because my goal has been and will always be to make this thread the one place anyone with a BB10 device can find help with getting the best experience on their BB10

maybe you can explain to the general public what intelligence went into your asking someone using a BB10 with BBM built in to install the android version of BBM on that type of device?
coz its the first and easiest solution I would try. either you have something against android or me. this argument is not making any sense, I dunno where you're going with this.
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by harrysterol(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2014
walcolm:

use your PC to download. you will also be installing the program on your pc
tnx bro alot
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by henry007(m): 7:44am On Aug 04, 2014
stripper:

Okay this shit is really frustrating me
if its only bbm with a problem. u tried getting/downloading bbm.apk? coz I don't think its MTN, same Mtn that you used to update the app & works with other apps. might work later when a new update appears but that could take weeks!
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Skmoda360(m): 7:50am On Aug 04, 2014
busuyi44: Hi, how and where can I download music to my blackberry Q10?
naija or foreign if naija http://www.notjustok.com will do bt if foreign www.newjams.net and www.songlovers.pk will do .

1 Like

Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by Beezally(f): 8:52am On Aug 04, 2014
Plz does d glo bis plan still work on bb10
I did d mid month plan and I hate it
Re: Blackberry 10 Devices Home: Z10, Q10 Etc by walcolm(m): 9:02am On Aug 04, 2014
if you read post 1 of page 0, i specifically mentioned that people who use glo should not waste time with the BB10 plan especially mid-month

heck the most posted tip on this thread is for you to use normal GLO BIS rather than the BB10 plan!!!! it gives you 3gb of data for just 1k

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (597) (Reply)

Phone Engineers On Nairaland Willing To Assist You - Part II / UMIDIGI DISCUSSION THREAD / Best Games To Download For Your Android Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.