Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:39 AM

Clients Requesting For Website Clones. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Clients Requesting For Website Clones. (649 Views)

Get Full Premium Themes, Plugins, Clones, Android/ios App Template Now / Bellanaija & NotJustOk Clones - Reviews & Comments / How Much Do You Charge for Website Design? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clients Requesting For Website Clones. by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 30, 2013
It's always boring to me when a prospective client calls and asks for a website like this and that. I'm always discouraged to take the job because that's the number one sign that the website will end up a wasted effort.

I love to work with people who know exactly what they want and not copy cats.
Originality is key in any creative effort and people will be quick to recognise and give credit to such ingenious works rather than trying to be another second website to already successful ones.
Re: Clients Requesting For Website Clones. by Lovetinz(m): 9:27am On Mar 30, 2013
Sometimes you might need to look at it from the point of,
'You can't re-invent the wheel'
Re: Clients Requesting For Website Clones. by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 30, 2013
Lovetinz: Sometimes you might need to look at it from the point of,
'You can't re-invent the wheel'
You don't have to replicate someone ele's wheel either.

There are certain basis standardS of web development and it usually doesn't make business sense trying to replicate another websites model.

Whatever happened to ingenuity.
Re: Clients Requesting For Website Clones. by yawatide(f): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
There are many definitions of "copy":
1) The concept
2) The content
3) The layout
4) The color scheme
5) Rank Xerox

Typically, when I prospective customer seems confused, I will ask what they mean by asking them if there is a site that they have visited and liked that I could look at. That will save me minutes of useless questioning/answering. Once we settle, I will insist that it won't be a carbon copy but similar in concept. 99% of the time, it works out pretty well. For the 1% that didn't, I still did the job but I didn't feel satisfied inside as I basically saved out the source and made changes to color, logo and content.
Re: Clients Requesting For Website Clones. by mrkels(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2013
Accept jobs and firebug away.
You ll be done in no time.
This shouldn't get you worked up , its just what a client wants so theres no harm in providing em with it .

(1) (Reply)

Important Tips For Maintaining A Online News Channel / Design Your Website Witthin 45 Mins With Just 1500 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.