Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,918 members, 7,802,983 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Salafee Imam Visits Church - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Salafee Imam Visits Church (1797 Views)

Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere-Bello Imam’s Installation, History To Be Made / Earthquake Prank On Muslim Imam / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2013
Imam Mazhar Shaheen, from Azhar
Mosque in Cairo (famous for its inter-
faith initiatives) visited on Christmas
Day, 25 December 2012, Qasr El Dobara
Church in Tahrir Square, the largest
Evangelical church in Egypt and the
Middle East, led by Rev. Dr. Maurice
Sameh. Imam Shaheen’s speech in
church is worth watching.

To watch video visit this blog;
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2013
danutm./2013/01/11/iimam-mazhar-shaheen-goes-to-church-for-christmas/
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
Salam vedaxcool smiley

Are you salafist?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by deols(f): 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
Is the salafist part necessary?

Very unnecessary on a Nigerian forum IMO. Nigerians dont differentiate like this.

well, maybe the general populace isnt your target audience.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 5:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
deols: Is the salafist part necessary?

Very unnecessary on a Nigerian forum IMO. Nigerians dont differentiate like this.

Yes, in the light of the perpetual slander they receive by u know who the addition was deliberately necessary! When I first read the article on loonswatch, the author made a very interesting observation, which is you would not see mainstream media talking about such ( funny even off street media did not even notice and the church invovled is the largest evangelical chruch in Egypt), neither would u see christians who like hearing bad news of muslim/christian relations took note, but what marks the peak of this disaster that some muslims prefer bad mouthing other muslims (usually with the actions of a small minority in such group) would rather deafen their ears than hear good things done by muslims they have been so brainwashed to talk bad of! So the salafist part was deliberate it will cause such individuals heart ache that upon the lies they heap on others, reality speaks differently and this lies are nothing more than a propaganda, for a muslim to enjoy bad mouthing others
And when such muslim see good of others to say he silent his lips simply shows the extent to which things have gone wrong somewhere! This proves that while salafists face challenges in the form of extremism of a few there are still voices making efforts in combating the extremism etc. Yet some muslims prefer to speak only the bad things of these people!

fellis: Salam vedaxcool smiley

Are you salafist?

Hehehehe grin nope! But please could u help me post the video! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
vedaxcool:
Yes, in the light of the perpetual slander they receive by u know who the addition was deliberately necessary! When I first read the article on loonswatch, the author made a very interesting observation, which is you would not see mainstream media talking about such ( funny even off street media did not even notice and the church invovled is the largest evangelical chruch in Egypt), neither would u see christians who like hearing bad news of muslim/christian relations took note, but what marks the peak of this disaster that some muslims prefer bad mouthing other muslims (usually with the actions of a small minority in such group) would rather deafen their ears than hear good things done by muslims they have been so brainwashed to talk bad of! So the salafist part was deliberate it will cause such individuals heart ache that upon the lies they heap on others, reality speaks differently and this lies are nothing more than a propaganda, for a muslim to enjoy bad mouthing others
And when such muslim see good of others to say he silent his lips simply shows the extent to which things have gone wrong somewhere! This proves that while salafists face challenges in the form of extremism of a few there are still voices making efforts in combating the extremism etc. Yet some muslims prefer to speak only the bad things of these people!

This your explanation makes sense, aside the fact that it appears to be just a wee bit troublesome lipsrsealed

I don't know why people still try to brand every single member of a particular sect as bad just because that sect's ideologies differs from theirs. There are always exceptions in every group, some people in the group will be good and some people will be bad. There is no 100% entirety.

This doesn't mean I support formation of sects though.

Hehehehe grin nope! But please could u help me post the video! Thanks

Where should I post it to?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2013
fellis:

This your explanation makes sense, aside the fact that it appears to be just a wee bit troublesome lipsrsealed

I don't know why people still try to brand every single member of a particular sect as bad just because that sect's ideologies differs from theirs. There are always exceptions in every group, some people in the group will be good and some people will be bad. There is no 100% entirety.

This doesn't mean I support formation of sects though.

Well I think people brand entire sects and adherents evil because it suits their agenda, that is, if I say sect this does that and hence sect this is evil, it makes my sect the authentic one thereby discrediting the rival sect. Yeah it is troublesome indeed (that is what I did)!

fellis:
Where should I post it to?

On this thread, that is copy the link on my second post and then get the url for the video!
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by ZhulFiqar2: 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Religiously forbidden

It was the first year where Christian Egyptians celebrated Christmas under an Islamist president – a president who did not attend the Christmas celebrations, although he did send a representative. It was the first year that a sectarian discourse that identified Christians and the Coptic Church as potential subversive elements was unabashedly public. – and from senior levels. When the protests against the president were at their height, a senior Muslim Brotherhood figure went on TV to declare that 60% of the protestors were Christian – under the assumption, one presumes, that this would make the protests less legitimate.

At the same time, Salafi sheikhs, as well as senior Muslim Brotherhood figures like Khairat al-Shater, either issued or supported the notion that wishing Christian compatriots a ‘Merry Christmas’ was religiously forbidden, and sinful for Muslims to do – hardly a note of positive co-existence in a time when sectarianism is rearing its head.

But this is not the only story in Egyptian Christianity after the beginning of the revolution in January 2011. There is another.

Other story

That other story is the story of Muslim Egyptians going to stand outside of churches on the 25th of December (when some Christian denominations in Egypt celebrate Christmas), on the 6th and the 7th., to reassure Christian Egyptians that indeed, they and them were one people. That other story is the story of Muslim and Christian Egyptians, to this day, still chanting ‘One Hand’ in demonstrations, and even within churches, when Muslims who came to the churches in solidarity with Christian Egyptians.

That other story is the story of the remembrance ceremony at Maspero in Cairo earlier this year, where Muslims and Christians joined together to recall and commemorate the sacrifices of mostly Christian protestors, who lost their lives in a clash with the military, after the revolution began.

That other story is of Dr. Mazhar Shaheen, the imam of the Omar Makram mosque on the edge of Tahrir Square, who was greeted by applause, cheers and given a standing ovation by Christian worshippers when he was invited to give a speech at the Qasr al-Dobara Church nearby.

That other story is the story of supporters of the revolution who remember those 18 days in Tahrir Square, from the 25th of January 2011 to the 11th of February 2011; those days where Christians praying were surrounded and protected by Muslims, and vice versa.

That other story is Egypt.

But that other story is not the only Egypt that is possible, sadly, after the revolution began in 2011. Too many individuals and groups will work hard to break that essential ingredient of the Egyptian people; that ingredient of tolerance and co-operation. Egyptians prior to the revolution, particularly those from the majority Muslim community, tended to take good relations between Christians and Muslims for granted – they no longer do. They can no longer afford to.

Rather, such good relations between these religious communities are to be preserved, fought for, and actively renewed, again and again. Therein, perhaps, lies one of the most core values of that revolution, forged in that square of liberation, two years ago. As Egyptians draw nearer to the second anniversary of its beginning, they would be well advised to remember that.

http://www.brookings.edu/research/opinions/2013/01/08-copts-egypt-hellyer
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by ZhulFiqar2: 6:41pm On Mar 30, 2013
vedaxcool:
Imam Mazhar Shaheen, from Azhar
Mosque in Cairo (famous for its inter-
faith initiatives) visited on Christmas
Day, 25 December 2012, Qasr El Dobara
Church in Tahrir Square, the largest
Evangelical church in Egypt and the
Middle East, led by Rev. Dr. Maurice
Sameh. Imam Shaheen’s speech in
church is worth watching.

To watch video visit this blog;

sorry for my curiosity,but I couldn't find where it is written that this man (who I don't know about) is salafist.he is from al-Azhar (an institution started by Shia Muslims who were governing Egypt centuries ago),and al-Azhar is today the largest Sunni centre of learning.but certainly,being Sunni is one thing,and being a Sunni inclined to the salafist ideology is another thing.

in the above report,the salafists (aka Wahhabis) in egypt ruled that it is "forbidden" to wish Christians on Christmas.so I am justified in doubting Mazhar Shaheen's "salafism",except you can prove otherwise and that would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
vedaxcool:
Yeah it is troublesome indeed (that is what I did)!

And what does the Qur'an say about troublemaking?

Naughty, naughty vedaxcool grin

On this thread, that is copy the link on my second post and then get the url for the video!

Ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxTAOEkzUCs
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
Heh heh heh

The battle of which sect is more tolerant of Christians....
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
fellis:

And what does the Qur'an say about troublemaking?

Naughty, naughty vedaxcool grin

Ok.

Thanks a lot grin, u can see the level of heart ache one salafist action cause! How many acts like these would coz a heart attack?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by ZhulFiqar2: 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2013
vedaxcool:

Thanks a lot grin, u can see the level of heart ache one salafist action cause! How many acts like these would coz a heart attack?

don't hide your lie under a fake smile.

tell us where you read that this imam is a salafist.he is not.i just saw the video and from his scholarly attire,the al-azhar sheikh is not a salafist.presently al-azhar is led by a Sufi Sunni (Sufi Sunnis are hated much as the Shia by the Salafist Sunnis).and there is no love between salafists and the al-azhar institution,which is mainstream sunni and not salafist/Wahhabi.

if that imam is a salafist,the first thing you'd see is a long bushy beard and a shaved moustache.

you have lied in this thread either unintentionally out of ignorance to be able to identify a salafist or deliberately in a bid to give another image of salafist bloodsuckers.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 8:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
^What exactly is the problem here? Must pratically every thread you appear on be turned to a never-ending debate about your ideology?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by LagosShia: 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2013
fellis:

Ok.

very nice and commendable video.

I pray Allah (swt) protect this imam.his action is what Muslims and Islam need more: building bridges.i just hope he doesn't get harmed by the salafists for his show of love with the "crusaders".

as for the salafists/Wahhabis,their job is like what we read in the below verse:

"...Satan stirs up discord among humanity. Surely, Satan is an outright enemy to man".[Holy Quran 17:53]
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by LagosShia: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
maclatunji: ^What exactly is the problem here? Must pratically every thread you appear on be turned to a never-ending debate about your ideology?

are you really a Muslim? do you have the fear of Allah (swt) at all? must you always show how biased you are? this is very wicked of you.

someone started a thread with a lie to promote an ideology with a lie,and to deny the Shia opposition for those who massacre the Shia and Christians.and you come here attacking the defendant.this is really unbecoming of you.must you always put yourself in the crossfire in such an unfair and uncalled manner? why do you like picking up fight that is not yours? do you want us to always be complaining about you and campaigning against you? wont you exercise an atom of fairness and respect yourself?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by maclatunji: 12:02am On Mar 31, 2013
^Typical.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by LagosShia: 12:11am On Mar 31, 2013
maclatunji: ^Typical.

^
very typical! undecided
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Souljaboi1: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2013
deols: Is the salafist part necessary?

As salaam alaykum,
I believe we should stop using the word Salafist and Salafism . These two terms have been used to depict Muslims in bad light.

We should rather adopt the terms;

Salafee - This is a person who adheres to the teaching of Islaam in the light on the Sunnah of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم and the teaching of the pious predecessors.

Salafiyyah - This is the creed of the Salafee.

Also, we should know that the present situation of things have called for the use of these terms. We may argue that "we are Muslims, because that is what Allaah called us"; no one is disputing that, but due to the different ideologies springing up on a daily basics, we need to distinguish ourselves from the crowd.

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم was reported to have said in a lengthy Hadeeth " ..... my Ummah would split in to 73 sects, but ONLY 1 would be saved. They are those who are upon what I am upon and those alongside with me, and those who are with the Jama'ah "

Those who were alongside the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم are our Salafs {predecessor} in the religion, and they should be followed because they had a better understanding of the Religion.

Over the years, different sects have risen and have rubbished the image of our beloved Predecessor; saying they had disbelieved in the very thing they shed their blood in propagating. They conned different lies to discredit them and as a result called the Word of Allaah {Al-Qur'an} lies. Yet they call themselves Muslims just as we do too.

All these fact have led to the reinforcement of the word Salafee.

May Allaah ease our affairs and rectify our deeds
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 7:04am On Mar 31, 2013
^
I will adjust the heading to Salafee! But salafiyyah sounds like the Yoruba word shai 'a' lafiyah!
grin grin grin

maclatunji: ^What exactly is the problem here? Must pratically every thread you appear on be turned to a never-ending debate about your ideology?

His problem; Heart ache, this sort of heart ache tend to be with non - muslims and kafirs who whenever they read something good about muslims, but funny enough we find a muslim being pained about good actions of another muslim, something is wrong somewhere . . .
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by deols(f): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2013
@ Soulja boi,I used d word salafist because OP used it.

@ all, Even posts that make a lot of sense but with the inclusion of bad words would be hidden in Sha Allah.

You can debate without calling others liars, terrorists , etc..

I left one or two out of discretion. I wont be putting this kind of remember on threads after now. You normally would have known why the posts got deleted.

salam alaykum.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by deols(f): 7:31am On Mar 31, 2013
I still want to see this thread as implying that Muslims are tolerant of others as shown by the Imam. whether his action is actually Islamic or not is d debate I'd want 2 get into rather than what sect he belongs to.
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 7:33am On Mar 31, 2013
Wahabi king visits Vatican;

Pope Benedict XVI met on November 6 with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia: the first meeting ever between a Roman Pontiff and a Saudi monarch.

In a formal statement released after the meeting, the Vatican said that the Pope's 30-minute talk with King Abdullah, held in the library of the apostolic palace, had been conducted in "a cordial atmosphere," allowing the two "consider questions close to the heart of both sides."

Prior to the meeting, Vatican officials had quietly confirmed that the Pope would press the Saudi monarch to ease restrictions on religious freedom. The Saudi monarchy, which takes pride in its role as custodian of Islam's holiest shrines, at Mecca and Medina, forbids any public manifestation of other religions. The 1.2 million Christians living in the country (most of them foreign workers) are not allowed to build churches, hold public services, or wear religious jewelry and insignia.

The official Vatican account of the Pope's meeting with King Abdullah referred only obliquely to the question of religious freedom, saying that the two had discussed "inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue aimed at peaceful and fruitful coexistence." The statement also mentioned the "positive and industrious presence of Christians" in Saudi Arabia.

King Abdullah stopped in Rome during a tour of European cities. At a dinner hosted by Italy's President Giorgio Napolitano on the eve of his visit with the Pope, the Saudi monarch had said that he was hoping to strengthen inter-religious dialogue. "If everyone followed the principles of their religions, and did what Allah ordered, the world would be freed of conflicts," he said.

The Saudi leader has taken a keen interest in the peace process in the Middle East, and the Pope's talk with Abdullah included a discussion of "the need to find a just solution to the conflicts affecting the region, especially that between Israelis and Palestinians," the Vatican reported.

Although no Saudi king had ever visited the Vatican before today's historic meeting, Abdullah himself had met with Pope John Paul II in 1999. At that time, although his formal rank was crown prince, Abdullah was the de facto head of the Saudi government, since his brother and predecessor, King Fahd, had been crippled by a stroke in 1995. Abdullah became king upon Fahd's death in 2005.

After his meeting with the Pope, King Abdullah spoke separately with the Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, and with the Secretary for Relations with States, Archbishop Dominique Mamberti.

Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that does not have formal diplomatic relations with the Holy See.

www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=54597

Maybe the king is shia wahabi, grin gringrin else what excuse is there to say again?
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 7:55am On Mar 31, 2013
deols: I still want to see this thread as implying that Muslims are tolerant of others as shown by the Imam. whether his action is actually Islamic or not is d debate I'd want 2 get into rather than what sect he belongs to.

That is what the thread is about muslims are tolerant and are making efforts to improve cordially amongst religion, but becoz some people have done an open ended propaganda and blackmail by over looking the context of issues and behaving like Spencer father of Islamophobia, sect is really not important but somehow in the prevailing lies and slander against one salafees then it becomes very necessary to show that while everyone is entitled to his opinion, Reality is entitled to publicized!
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Souljaboi1: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2013
vedaxcool:

Wahabi king visits Vatican;

Pope Benedict XVI met on November 6 with King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia: the first meeting ever between a Roman Pontiff and a Saudi monarch.

In a formal statement released after the meeting, the Vatican said that the Pope's 30-minute talk with King Abdullah, held in the library of the apostolic palace, had been conducted in "a cordial atmosphere," allowing the two "consider questions close to the heart of both sides."

Prior to the meeting, Vatican officials had quietly confirmed that the Pope would press the Saudi monarch to ease restrictions on religious freedom. The Saudi monarchy, which takes pride in its role as custodian of Islam's holiest shrines, at Mecca and Medina, forbids any public manifestation of other religions. The 1.2 million Christians living in the country (most of them foreign workers) are not allowed to build churches, hold public services, or wear religious jewelry and insignia.

The official Vatican account of the Pope's meeting with King Abdullah referred only obliquely to the question of religious freedom, saying that the two had discussed "inter-religious and inter-cultural dialogue aimed at peaceful and fruitful coexistence." The statement also mentioned the "positive and industrious presence of Christians" in Saudi Arabia.

King Abdullah stopped in Rome during a tour of European cities. At a dinner hosted by Italy's President Giorgio Napolitano on the eve of his visit with the Pope, the Saudi monarch had said that he was hoping to strengthen inter-religious dialogue. "If everyone followed the principles of their religions, and did what Allah ordered, the world would be freed of conflicts," he said.

The Saudi leader has taken a keen interest in the peace process in the Middle East, and the Pope's talk with Abdullah included a discussion of "the need to find a just solution to the conflicts affecting the region, especially that between Israelis and Palestinians," the Vatican reported.

Although no Saudi king had ever visited the Vatican before today's historic meeting, Abdullah himself had met with Pope John Paul II in 1999. At that time, although his formal rank was crown prince, Abdullah was the de facto head of the Saudi government, since his brother and predecessor, King Fahd, had been crippled by a stroke in 1995. Abdullah became king upon Fahd's death in 2005.

After his meeting with the Pope, King Abdullah spoke separately with the Vatican Secretary of State, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, and with the Secretary for Relations with States, Archbishop Dominique Mamberti.

Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that does not have formal diplomatic relations with the Holy See.

www.catholicculture.org/news/features/index.cfm?recnum=54597

Maybe the king is shia wahabi , grin gringrin else what excuse is there to say again?

We really need to stop calling people that.
It's goes a long way in creating enmity among mMuslims.

Besides, is it because Shaykh Muhammed bn Abdul-Wahab called back to Tawheed, we start ascribing it to him ? What about the likes of Ibn Qoyyim, Ibn Rajab, and their teacher Ibn Taymiyyah ?

I'm not saying you're oblivious of the FACTS, but we shouldn't join others in their name-calling.

Wa salaam a'laykum
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by vedaxcool(m): 9:48am On Mar 31, 2013
^
Truly the use is deliberate, no offense intended but it is to underscore to those who claim" wahabis" are doing these and that, that the so called wahabis they love to call terrorist actually like every muslim group are working to bridge the gap between people of different faiths! And the people the article is directed at would probably be cursing Abdul wahab at their spare time and even call ibn tamiyyah names! So refering to the Saudi King as wahabi king was done to stress to those whose feel bad when muslims not in their sect do good and feel joyfull when they do bad that outside their sadness and joy the truth speaks differently!
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
a beg i won ask, is tbaba a salafiyah
Re: Salafee Imam Visits Church by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
^I was wondering the same thing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Brief Explanation On The Most Important Aspect Of Islam / How Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) Would've Reacted To The Film That Mocked Him / Islamic Rulings On Calling Someone A Kafir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.