Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria (9935 Views)

After War: Why Are Southeastern Cities Averagely Finer Than Southwestern Cities? / Whole Of Southeastern Nigeria Originates From Benin / Erosion Wreaks Havoc In Southeastern Nigeria | 31 October 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2013

Olaudah Equiano: I'm eboe
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Ngodigha1(m): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2013
shymexx:

This is your Andre_Uweh side... grin

Interesting - Physics also alluded to this...

Perhaps, colonial Igbo societal structure would be more suitable for Igbos today than what we've got in Nigeria, no However, one can always make an exception as well by citing King Jaja of Opobo and the other Igbos who settled in Opobo Kingdom and thrived under absolute monarchy... Heck, Jaja of Opobo was one of the greatest African Kings of the 19th century....
Ngodigha is it.
When Jaja left Amaigbo he wasn't a monarch. But the society he found himself made him what he later became. Prior to his relocating to Opobo, he was under a on a monarchial system of govt at Bonny and would have acquired the act of rulership while in Bonny.
Indeed, Jaja was great
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Ngodigha1(m): 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
shymexx: Anyway, black British history isn't complete without Olaudah Equiano - he paved the way for me...

Salute to the man, anyway! wink
Nice one bro.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Ngodigha is it.
When Jaja left Amaigbo he wasn't a monarch. But the society he found himself made him what he later became. Prior to his relocating to Opobo, he was under a on archival system of govt at Bonny and would have acquired the act of rulership while in Bonny.
Indeed, Jaja was great

Interesting, Andre.. wink
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Nice one bro.

Have you read any book about the history of black Britons??

He's one of the greatest black Britons ever and his pictures are everywhere you have got anything about black history in the UK... The history of black people in the UK is incomplete without him... He was a great man...
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by negosus: 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Because they had no absolute monarchs. The culture gave no room for absolute monarchs. Absolute monarchs would want territorial expansion and empire status. But that was not in the nature of pre-colonial Igbo societies
Also because of their republican nature it was not easy for the White Man to win them over unlike their counterparts with centralized govt. It was not until they introduced the 'divide and rule' tactics as well as the various Missionary incursions did they conquer.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Ngodigha1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2013
shymexx:

Have you read any book about the history of black Britons??

He's one of the greatest black Britons ever and his pictures are everywhere you have got anything about black history in the UK... The history of black people in the UK is incomplete without him... He was a great man...
I came across some stuffs like that during the black history week of 2010
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Dibiachukwu: 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ b proud of what you are a BANTU-IGBO angry angry angry
"Bantus" and "Nok" (ilu na izu) are our cousins but we are neither of both. We are just Igbo. Remember we are also between this two cultures. The isreali Igbo ish. Honestly, me I don't know. But I am pretty sure, we share nothing in common with those germans in isreal.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by qhiwegh(m): 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
I got one more fact: They Southeast is also the most xenophobic region in Nigeria. Especially in the Igbo states, where they will not accept non-Igbos. Why is it that the Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria (like the plague), but when Yorubas and Hausas go to Igboland, they're treated with contempt by the Igbos? Igboland for the Igbos but Yorubaland for everyone?

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Ngodigha1(m): 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh: I got one more fact: They Southeast is also the most xenophobic region in Nigeria. Especially in the Igbo states, where they will not accept non-Igbos. Why is it that the Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria (like the plague), but when Yorubas and Hausas go to Igboland, they're treated with contempt by the Igbos? Igboland for the Igbos but Yorubaland for everyone?
Shut up your stinking mouth fool. Nothing stops others from coming to Igboland. There are Yorubas and Hausas in Igboland. Why not go there and see things for your self.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ezeagu you should have posted this thread in the Culture section.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by qhiwegh(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ngodigha1:
Shut up your stinking mouth fool. Nothing stops others from coming to Igboland. There are Yorubas and Hausas in Igboland. Why not go there and see things for your self.

Don't try this on me. I have been to Enugu and Onitsha in the past year (am from Lagos), and I have friends who do business there. Igbos are a lot more closed to Yorubas and Hausas in Igboland than Yorubas and Hausas are to Igbos in their respective lands. This no one can deny. Igbos don't want to play fair, and that's why I resent them.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Ngodigha1(m): 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh:

Don't try this on me. I have been to Enugu and Onitsha in the past year (am from Lagos), and I have friends who do business there. Igbos are a lot more closed to Yorubas and Hausas in Igboland than Yorubas and Hausas are to Igbos in their respective lands. This no one can deny. Igbos don't want to play fair, and that's why I resent them.
Shut up once again poor girl, you haven't got what it takes to compete with them in the east. Looser

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh: I got one more fact: They Southeast is also the most xenophobic region in Nigeria. Especially in the Igbo states, where they will not accept non-Igbos. Why is it that the Igbos are everywhere in Nigeria (like the plague), but when Yorubas and Hausas go to Igboland, they're treated with contempt by the Igbos? Igboland for the Igbos but Yorubaland for everyone?

You are not well-traveled within the country, there are many Yorubas in the SS/SE and Niger Delta, I doubt if those Yorubas there will ever return, cos life there is very much more conducive than it is, in Yoruba lands. I was shocked when NYSC took me to Osun State, Ila Oragun to be precise, those Yoruba hinterland are not organized and civilized as its obtainable in the ND/SS/SE. In the S.South/East/ND, we live better and more civilized lives than whats obtainable in the West, you need to just go check it out.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by qhiwegh(m): 10:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are not well-traveled within the country, there are many Yorubas in the SS/SE and Niger Delta, I doubt if those Yorubas there will ever return, cos life there is very much more conducive than it is, in Yoruba lands. I was shocked when NYSC took me to Osun State, Ila Oragun to be precise, in the S.South/East/ND, we live better and more civilized lives than whats obtainable in the West, you need to just go check it out.

How could you compare Yorubaland and Igboland with some place you went for NYSC? Obviously it will be a place in need of service. If Yorubaland is so bad, why are there millions of Igbos in Lagos? Is Lagos not Yoruba domain?
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Crayola1: 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh:

How could you compare Yorubaland and Igboland with some place you went for NYSC? Obviously it will be a place in need of service. If Yorubaland is so bad, why are there millions of Igbos in Lagos? Is Lagos not Yoruba domain?

Jesus is Lagos the only place in the SW you guys are familiar with. Everybody and their mama in the SW is from Lagos shocked

I wouldn't blame people for thinking the SW was just one state grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 30, 2013
qhiwegh:

I stated Ila Oragun cos I spent 12 months there, but I have also been to Ibadan (Oyo State), Ede (obviously the NYSC camp is there) (Osun State), I have also been to Ondo State, and Ogun State. I have not been to Ekiti State yet, and I am here in Lagos State. So Basically, I have been to roughly 5 Yoruba States and Lagos happens to be the only Yoruba state I can give a pass mark. I need you to travel to 5 States within my protectorate and then you might decide to shift your grounds. I am not biased in my judgement here, but I can call up my little cousin that's 12yrs old and has never traveled out of my state since birth, and he will speak London Queen's English without any mistakes with adept knowledge of world's politics and Economies. But 20yrs old adults in JSS 3 in the school i lectured during NYSC could not understand English Language. I gave up! Anyway, that was over 10yrs ago, a lot may have changed, and I hope it does.

4 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by hercules07: 11:15pm On Mar 30, 2013
Billyonaire: I stated Ila Oragun cos I spent 12 months there, but I have also been to Ibadan (Oyo State), Ede (obviously the NYSC camp is there) (Osun State), I have also been to Ondo State, and Ogun State. I have not been to Ekiti State yet, and I am here in Lagos State. So Basically, I have been to roughly 5 Yoruba States and Lagos happens to be the only Yoruba state I can give a pass mark. I need you to travel to 5 States within my protectorate and then you might decide to shift your grounds. I am not biased in my judgement here, but I can call up my little cousin that's 12yrs old and has never traveled out of my state since birth, and he will speak London Queen's English without any mistakes with adept knowledge of world's politics and Economies. But 20yrs old adults in JSS 3 in the school i lectured during NYSC could not understand English Language. I gave up! Anyway, that was over 10yrs ago, a lot may have changed, and I hope it does.

Where is your protectorate? If it is SE, then forget it, all the stuff you saw in Osun is replicated there and more.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by qhiwegh(m): 11:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
Billyonaire: I stated Ila Oragun cos I spent 12 months there, but I have also been to Ibadan (Oyo State), Ede (obviously the NYSC camp is there) (Osun State), I have also been to Ondo State, and Ogun State. I have not been to Ekiti State yet, and I am here in Lagos State. So Basically, I have been to roughly 5 Yoruba States and Lagos happens to be the only Yoruba state I can give a pass mark. I need you to travel to 5 States within my protectorate and then you might decide to shift your grounds. I am not biased in my judgement here, but I can call up my little cousin that's 12yrs old and has never traveled out of my state since birth, and he will speak London Queen's English without any mistakes with adept knowledge of world's politics and Economies. But 20yrs old adults in JSS 3 in the school i lectured during NYSC could not understand English Language. I gave up! Anyway, that was over 10yrs ago, a lot may have changed, and I hope it does.

I don't know what you're trying to say. Comparing your cousin to students in Ondo is relevant in what sense? Why must Yorubas learn English?

Crayola1:

Jesus is Lagos the only place in the SW you guys are familiar with. Everybody and their mama in the SW is from Lagos shocked

I wouldn't blame people for thinking the SW was just one state grin

Lagos is the most populous state in the SW. It's the pride of Yorubaland. What's wrong with bringing it up?
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by eastOFwest(m): 12:22am On Mar 31, 2013
seanet02: By the time Yorubas are through with ibos, you will dress up like ojuiku and run to ivory coast.

I'm sure your d**k hardening with the thought this? grin

you must have an obsession with cross dressers? You are always referring to men dressed up as women. Please can someone direct him to an appropriate website? N**r sounds like he gonna r*p* some dude!

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Aderostock(m): 12:35am On Mar 31, 2013
Billyonaire:

You are not well-traveled within the country, there are many Yorubas in the SS/SE and Niger Delta, I doubt if those Yorubas there will ever return, cos life there is very much more conducive than it is, in Yoruba lands. I was shocked when NYSC took me to Osun State, Ila Oragun to be precise, those Yoruba hinterland are not organized and civilized as its iobtainable in the ND/SS/SE. In the S.South/East/ND, we live better and more civilized lives than whats obtainable in the West, you need to just go check it out.
You are an Igbo from delta. But always generalize everything involves SE with SS/ND, that's a true igboman for u.
Back to ur assertions, Southeast is more conducive than southwest? U must be high on a strong weed even with the kidnapping palaver. In short, most youths in delta state have guns, can u see that in any yoruba state? There's parental-children training in yoruba which is a form of culture that doesn't allow u to do all forms of atrocities we see in NigerDelta and southeast.

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Crayola1: 12:44am On Mar 31, 2013
qhiwegh:

I don't know what you're trying to say. Comparing your cousin to students in Ondo is relevant in what sense? Why must Yorubas learn English?

Lagos is the most populous state in the SW. It's the pride of Yorubaland. What's wrong with bringing it up?

Its hard to make a case that the rest of the SW is open if everybody goes to a state that is a mix of every group. But yeah you continue to hold that non-existent point you have.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Aderostock(m): 12:47am On Mar 31, 2013

Where is ur protectorate and let's start from there? U can just come here and spewing trash. All ur states in southsouth plus those in southeast put together can't compete with southwest. Ur underaged boys come en masses to southwest to sell gala, toothpick, tablewater, cottonbuds etc during school hours in the traffic jam without the knowledge of English language and u said lives are conducive for them over there. I can also call up any yoruba kid from ILESA PRIMARY SCHOOL and u be convinced the way he/she gonna shame u.
Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Aderostock(m): 12:54am On Mar 31, 2013
Crayola1:

Its hard to make a case that the rest of the SW is open if everybody goes to a state that is a mix of every group. But yeah you continue to hold that non-existent point you have.

Come to IDIROKO, OTTA, LANFEWA, SAGAMU, AGBARA, IJOKO, and AKUTE all in Ogun state and so many Igbo youths, parents and kids, Hausas and some nigerdeltans leaving there not to mention IBADAN

1 Like

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Crayola1: 12:55am On Mar 31, 2013

2 Likes

Re: 12 Amazing Facts About Southeastern Nigeria by Crayola1: 12:56am On Mar 31, 2013
Aderostock:

Come to IDIROKO, OTTA, LANFEWA, SAGAMU, AGBARA, IJOKO, and AKUTE all in Ogun state and so many Igbo youths, parents and kids, Hausas and some nigerdeltans leaving there not to mention IBADAN

OMG. I really dont care kiss

Lord the things that get some of you hot and Anyways. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. Rabiu Kwankwaso Of Kano State Is Ibo? / Buhari Is Our Country’s Problem, Lacks Capacity – Sam Oyovbaire / Videos And Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bauchi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.