Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? (30596 Views)

Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos / Commercial Bus Catches Fire On Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) / This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2013
For those of us who haven’t gotten our own rides yet, jumping buses everyday can be tiring and risky.
By risky I mean the possibility of;
1. having your nicely starched and ironed shirt stained.
2 .Getting a nasty cut from pieces of metal sticking out from those rickety “danfo” buses.
3. And most dreadfully; forgetting your balance with the bus conductor.lol

Forgetting your balance with a commercial bus conductor can be very painful, especially if you’ve been screaming “Conductor, my change o!” Some conductors deliberate stall to make you forget. Sometimes we fiddle away at our mobile phones (facebook, NL, BBM) and make conductors smile.

Just yesterday a colleague forgot his N500 while rushing to meet the staff bus. Personally the highest amount I have forgotten is N400. Chai, the thing pain me o, it was my “last card” (cash at hand). I’d slept off in traffic; I woke up when the conductor shouted my bus stop. I alighted and good-bye N400.

So how much have you forgotten with a commercial bus conductor and why did you forget?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by slimyem: 11:17am On Mar 31, 2013
I have..many times.
Same way I have "forgotten" to pay some bus fares.tonguewink and same way I don collect pass my normal change sef.cheesy
Those conductors deserve what they get!!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 11:55am On Mar 31, 2013
slimyem: I have..many times.
Same way I have "forgotten" to pay some bus fares.tonguewink and same way I don collect pass my normal change sef.cheesy

hahahahha..sharp badt guy.lol

4 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Emmyk(m): 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2013
Not a chance. I always have the exact money to give 'em to no cause to collectin' balance.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by nenergy(m): 12:08am On Apr 01, 2013
Emmyk: Not a chance. I always have the exact money to give 'em to no cause to collectin' balance.
Hahahaha...prevention is always better than hospital!

5 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Sanmel(f): 10:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
I experienced it this night.. Sooooo painful cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Victroy: 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Roon9(m): 10:37pm On Feb 09, 2016
happened to me about 2 years ago right after I got my Nysc posting letter. I was so distraught after being posted up North dat I left my fone on d bus n even forgot to collect my #420 change. na d fone pain me pass tho

3 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Flashh: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
(op), are you the one putting on eyeglasses?

12 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by TreasureTayo(m): 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Leave trash for lawma na.. Make d conductor sef enjoy am...

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by emmabest2000(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
slimyem:
I have..many times.

He don forget to fire up pass this ass grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by VickyRotex(f): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
Haha! Since 2013 this just made FP.

Baba God pick up my call and return all my missed calls like this embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Elparaiso(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
R.I.P to my white shirt that got torn by a piece of metal in that stupid G.R.A/Central bus in Benin city.

The first day I wore the shirt ma Ni.
You will forever be missed.
And I still paid for the bus. Mtscheeeew.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by techmart(m): 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hehehehe
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by emenas(m): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
lol...4get kor 4get ni..abi make i even collect excess change.. grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by pwettiejay(f): 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
For me, I don't think I have but a friend of mine once forgot #800 while coming to my place, he was almost crying
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by eph12(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Many times. I just smile and refuse to think about it. Am counting scores and am still ahead. Many times i drop without paying.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by XploraBen(m): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
This is a topic from 2013...

By the way,I do forget my balance in the hands of bus conductors and taxi drivers,though some little amount.
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Atk01(f): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
I forgot 400 Naira once. I remembered when I entered the second bus and the conductor was asking for money. sad

Lucky for me, my uncle gave me 4k later that day! grin
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by VickyRotex(f): 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sanmel:
I experienced it this night.. Sooooo painful cry cry

Na you go awaken this thread, Na you go pick up Op's call abi? grin

Eyah, sorry about that. embarassed
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
lool
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Sanmel(f): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
VickyRotex:

lol..
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Sanmel(f): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
VickyRotex:

lol.. Amen o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by youngguru23(m): 10:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
Many times bt I don't feel it when PDP is still in government... Bt nw wey APC change don enta na palava things oh

1 Like

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Onyijeff(m): 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
Yes 500 U wanted to year him in absencia
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Feb 09, 2016
You dey sleep for Lagos bus, na bicycle sleep be that o
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by okuneddie(m): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
funny post......im a victim of this many times but the funniest thing is that if a conductor give me an amount that is more than my change and I didn't return it, I will lose more than that to another conductor that same day or the following day.....I thank God cos most time this happen, I just have to trek back home that's bariga from oshodi.....sometimes self without eating at work...I will starve and still trek in the evening.....that taught me a lesson not to be dubious

6 Likes

Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by dokunbam(m): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
tongue that was I was on way for admission registration. The excitement made me forget my change. That was more than 10 years ago.

I didn't see that, since 2013. Mod well done o
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by Sanmel(f): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
VickyRotex:

Na you go awaken this thread, Na you go pick up Op's call abi? grin
The thing pain me en, I con decide to check Google for similar experience & nairaland was the first I saw so I........
Re: Ever Forgotten Your Balance With A Commercial Bus Conductor? by VickyRotex(f): 10:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sanmel:
The thing pain me en, I con decide to check Google for similar experience & nairaland was the first I saw so I........

lmaooo!!!

Are you for real? Chaiii you sef funny. Wetin you wan do with similar experience? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Trade Or Cross Lagos Blue Rail Line (Warning!) / Trailer Falls On A Police Van In Lagos (photos) / 5 Crazy Things You Shouldn’t Do In Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.