Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings (4076 Views)

13 Things Women Do Only When They Are Not Interested In You. / Get Him To Express His Feelings To You! Tips To Help Your Man Open Up / How Do You Tell A Guy Off Without Hurting His Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 11:37am On Mar 31, 2013
This guy seems not to be getting the picture or is turning a blind eye to the fact that I don't like him in that way. I don't call him or send him messages.bt if he asks me to hangout out of boredom I will. He asked me out on a date I said its not a date and we can just hang. He said okay. I hope am not leading him on.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by Coefficient(m): 11:44am On Mar 31, 2013
Stop seeing him if you are really not interested, you're leading him on with the attention. Find something else to kill your boredom.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2013
Coefficient: Stop seeing him if you are really not interested, you're leading him on with the attention. Find something else to kill your boredom.

Hmmmn I guess that means I have to come up with an excuse. Thanks.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by ayoola2002(m): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2013
Ask him to buy u a new blackberry Bold 10 precisely.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2013
I have seen this topic before.

Anywayz, do what you may. Persistence is what he is banking on. Perhaps, you may notice something about him that keeps eluding you.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 12:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
Stop hanging out wit him so as not to complicate things
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
ayoola2002: Ask him to buy u a new blackberry Bold 10 precisely.

Smh
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 12:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
fluid26: I have seen this topic before.

Anywayz, do what you may. Persistence is what he is banking on. Perhaps, you may notice something about him that keeps eluding you.

Naa its just when am not busy and just relaxing and I get invited I guess I just feel I should go out and socialize. But I am definately not interested.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: Stop hanging out wit him so as not to complicate things

Yes that's what I will do. Bt its not like I hangout so often with him anyway. I don't have that kind of time.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:19pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yo,
Its very simple, be open and honest about it. Ask him to define your relationship, ask him what he thinks it is and where he thinks this heading. Be open enough to admit to him how exactly you see him and you are concerned that someone might get hurt if things are not ironed out at this stage.
The biggest problem is when you lead someone on and expecting them to "get" the message he might be thinking you are just playIng hard to get. If he is mature enough he will admit that he likes you in that way or you might be shocked that you are just sorely mistaken.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 12:24pm On Mar 31, 2013
Do u know u can avoid him in a decent and polite manner without a fuss ?
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2013
Chrisbenogor: Yo,
Its very simple, be open and honest about it. Ask him to define your relationship, ask him what he thinks it is and where he thinks this heading. Be open enough to admit to him how exactly you see him and you are concerned that someone might get hurt if things are not ironed out at this stage.
The biggest problem is when you lead someone on and expecting them to "get" the message he might be thinking you are just playIng hard to get. If he is mature enough he will admit that he likes you in that way or you might be shocked that you are just sorely mistaken.

I actually just told him now honestly that we can't hang because I don't want to give him the wrong impression.but if he is interested in friendship we r good.I know he is interested he directly asked me out and said we are going on a date.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: Do u know u can avoid him in a decent and polite manner without a fuss ?

I think I have done just that now.with my text.hopefully
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
Was not that hard was it ? Good girl u have lightened ur load hope he understands at least u were honest about ur feelings . Way to go girl
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 12:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
@OP

When a guy wants u. really wants u, he'll come after u and probably get u sometime in the future

Ask urself why ur not interested in him
and make sure ur careful what u say to him while trying to get rid of him

there is a way the boomerang turns the other way in the way of lads and maidens

.....especially dogged and confident guys
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by babadey(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2013
Its like the guy is u.gly or financially derailed that's why you don't wanna date him. Nobady even asked her why?. If u are not interested,why telling him 'we can still be friends' knowing that that is the root to a relationship.

you only go out with him when you bored *sighs scornfully*
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
@esere826 well did only point I can reckon with your post is why she is not interested in him.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
@lady Tc pls why r u not interested in d Guy can u pls shed some light to at least have a clear view of your reasons
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by k2039: 12:59pm On Mar 31, 2013
LadyTC: This guy seems not to be getting the picture or is turning a blind eye to the fact that I don't like him in that way. I don't call him or send him messages.bt if he asks me to hangout out of boredom I will. He asked me out on a date I said its not a date and we can just hang. He said okay. I hope am not leading him on.

[size=13pt]Just tell him you are not interested. It's as simple as that.

He will be hurt but it's better that way, so you know you aren't leading him on and avoid stuffs like dates, calling(just avoid stuffs that sound like both of you being in a relationship).

The simple truth is just that there is no way you will tell him you are not interested that he won't be hurt and even if you chose not to tell him anything, he will still be hurt when it finally dawns on him that you just don't love him.

Summary, just tell him you are not intersted, be polite about it though
Note: Attraction is a bitc.h, you may get attracted to him later in the future and it may be too late(seriously I have seen this happen over and over in my life), so I will advise you to be sure you really don't want him, make sure your reasons aren't superficial.

Good luck.
[/size]
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 1:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: @esere826 well did only point I can reckon with your post is why she is not interested in him.

A couple of girls were not interested in me
reasons varied from money to they having boyfriends etc (I could smell the reasons)
Some of them ended up being interested in me later, when I had lost interest in them (I naturally related with them based on thier initial reasons)

I had my cake, and I ate it
.....see what i mean

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by butta(m): 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
@esere826 I can identify with what u mean the truth is women are like that they tend to think they know what they want and in reality most don't they are easily waivered by whatever is thrown at them
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: Was not that hard was it ? Good girl u have lightened ur load hope he understands at least u were honest about ur feelings . Way to go girl

Lol thanks
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: @lady Tc pls why r u not interested in d Guy can u pls shed some light to at least have a clear view of your reasons

Okay physically he is my type. But he is not a clean guy e.g he doesn't brush his teeth very well I mean I got a whiff one time, he smokes too much and drinks too much and parties too much and his friends are all known douche bags. He lied about one of his universities he went to I guess to impress me cos I went there. I do my research before I even think of dating a guy.he still dresses like he is a teenager saggin his jeans e.t.c I like my guys prim and proper.he is shallow. I can say he is money miss road. There are so many things that are just off with him. I mean onetime I hung out with him and his friends a friend of his from a different click of his told me explicitly not to date that him that he thinks am a nice girl ( a married friend of his). I mean really why will I step into fire I love myself ooo
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
butta: @esere826 I can identify with what u mean the truth is women are like that they tend to think they know what they want and in reality most don't they are easily waivered by whatever is thrown at them

Well me am not all women. I know what I want. Am not fickle. I am a drama free kinda girl. If I can avoid drama I do, except I have to deal with it. I would rather be his friend nothing more I really can't. I wonder why its always hard to find guys that want just friendship. I actually like having male friends its stress free.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
LadyTC:

Okay physically he is my type. But he is not a clean guy e.g he doesn't brush his teeth very well I mean I got a whiff one time, he smokes too much and drinks too much and parties too much and his friends are all known douche bags. He lied about one of his universities he went to I guess to impress me cos I went there. I do my research before I even think of dating a guy.he still dresses like he is a teenager saggin his jeans e.t.c I like my guys prim and proper.he is shallow. I can say he is money miss road. There are so many things that are just off with him. I mean onetime I hung out with him and his friends a friend of his from a different click of his told me explicitly not to that him that he thinks am a nice girl ( a married friend of his). I mean really why will I step into fire I love myself ooo

So u see that he is actually ur type to some extent
so let him down gently
Sometime in the future if ur still single and he comes ur way again
tell him the reason why u were not enthusiastic then, and how he has changed

he'll appreciate it and not think u're a gold digger or a broken record needing to be hooked
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2013
esere826:

A couple of girls were not interested in me
reasons varied from money to they having boyfriends etc (I could smell the reasons)
Some of them ended up being interested in me later, when I had lost interest in them (I naturally related with them based on thier initial reasons)

I had my cake, and I ate it
.....see what i mean

That is wicked behaviour why not let them go since you lost interest. Guys u won't kill us.
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
LadyTC:

Well me am not all women. I know what I want. Am not fickle. I am a drama free kinda girl. If I can avoid drama I do, except I have to deal with it. I would rather be his friend nothing more I really can't. I wonder why its always hard to find guys that want just friendship. I actually like having male friends its stress free.

naaa dear
there's nothing like 'just friends' in the male world
except he's probably gay or goodie goodie

Ever wondered why ur mum doesn't have 'just male friends'?

Male and female's friendsip always tend to gravitate towards p.p.'s u see

1 Like

Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
esere826:

So u see that he is actually ur type to some extent
so let him down gently
Sometime in the future if ur still single and he comes ur way again
tell him the reason why u were not enthusiastic then, and how he has changed

he'll appreciate it and not think u're a gold digger or a broken record needing to be hooked

He has money so do I so this is far from goldigger wahala.just becos he s physically my type doesn't mean I want him or he s good 4 me. If he asks me I will tell him some reasons not all. If we become good friends I will tell him all the reasons why. He is way too immature 4 me. My choice of a man far out weighs physical attraction. If u lack wisdom and intelligence. Never in a million years will I ever consider u again. Its a wrap!
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 31, 2013
If you are so repelled by his lifestyle and hygiene, why do you hang out with him at all? Isn't that a stain on your assumed reputation?

Surely, you would not want to be seen mingling with a lying douche bag with really bad halitosis?
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 1:50pm On Mar 31, 2013
LadyTC:

That is wicked behaviour why not let them go since you lost interest. Guys u won't kill us.

There are somethings that will never change from the start to the end of the world
guys will always be guys with a few exception
and girls will always be girls with a few exception

What you call wicked, we call sport (undressing ladiess)
and what you call sport, we call wicked (chopping guys)
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by esere826: 1:52pm On Mar 31, 2013
@OP

Just let him down gently

das all grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Guy Am Not Interested In Him Without Hurting His Feelings by LadyTC: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2013
esere826:

naaa dear
there's nothing like 'just friends' in the male world
except he's probably gay or goodie goodie

Ever wondered why ur mum doesn't have 'just male friends'?

Male and female's friendsip always tend to gravitate towards p.p.'s u see

Lol bt I have platonic male friends even married now. At first yes they liked me but naa menhh they got the message eventually.I even prayed 4 one to find his wife. These r ppl I can call if am in need desperately or I need 2 vent.but truth is you are right its difficult to get to that level.bt possible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want 2 No Hw I Can Hurt The Girl That Stole Ma Man / My Friend's Ex-girlfriend [BBM Loyalty] / Luo Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.