Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] (1527 Views)

Mayweather Vs Pacquiao! Live Updates From The Fight Of The Generation! / Nigerian Athletics In The Early 20th Century (pics) / Undertaker - John Cena 'bloodiest Fight Ever' Survey Scam,beware!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by moderatorr: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2013
FIGHT OF THE CENTURY
October 1, 1975
- Mohammed Ali vs Frazier - Thriller in Manilla
In round 14(second to last round), Mohammed ali had spent so much of his energy trying to knockout Joe Frazier.
But good old Frazier took all the damaging blows and kept on coming at Ali.
At the end of the round.
Mohammed was on the verge of loosing his breath, but he fought so well in the 14th round that no one knew he was tired unto death!
Mohammed ali told his manager frankly, 'I m not going in again'.
Frazier's manager told Frazier not to go in for the last round.
Fearing Mohammed Ali Would Kill him.

Frazier's team told the ref that that Frazier wasn't going to fight the 15th round, even against Frazier's protest.
Note that Frazier's face had been damaged beyond recognition.
Just as ali's team wanted to say the same thing to the ref, they discovered Frazier's team had done it first,And Mohammed Ali was declared the winner!
He stood up to cheer the roaring crowed and collapsed.

They had had 2 previous fights, Frazier won the first one, Ali won the second.
This was their 3rd and last fight, and the bloodiest of all!
Their fight is regarded as the fight of the century!
Frazier and Ali were the best of friends even until old age.

#bottom line
Hanging on one more moment before you give up could make all the difference - Master Dave Ozoalor
SOURCE => http://facebook.com/daveozoalor

Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by moderatorr: 3:51am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by Baba419(m): 6:21am On Apr 20, 2013
Float like a butterfly sting like a bee
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2013
sweet fight, but what exactly is the fun of that sport? me thinks it should be abolished, as in...it could breed hatred in the competition,esp when ur trying to knock your opponent out, it reminds me of the gladiators in ancient Rome and how pple jubilate while watching them..eew!
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by idriis: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2013
Wow! What a great fight!! And Mohammad use to be Christian, later converts to a Muslim.
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 20, 2013
Cool story.
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by Kolade9(m): 10:38am On Apr 20, 2013
Nice
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by jam04(m): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2013
Incase dis makes front page...I was here
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by Brisingr(m): 2:32pm On Apr 20, 2013
Ali bomaye !!!!
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by bestower: 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2013
Its a great fight, infact, anytime i re -watch it i sometimes asked myself is this a sport or what,truely i enjoy every round of it.Generation upon generations will get to know these great two icons.fight of the century indeed.
Re: Fight Of The Century, Bloodiest Of All [picture] by MrUzo: 11:18pm On Apr 20, 2013
I watched the fight and was so amazed!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Missed Out On Capping Everton Stay Barkely / Chelsea Showcase His New Jersey(pictures) / CHELSEA 2-4 NYRB: Mikel, Moses Get The Blues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.