Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 PM

Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. (19943 Views)

Time Based Bundles From Airtel / (airtel Trybe) The New Deal From Airtel / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by ediko5(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hello,
Please how can i get a static IP address from airtel. I have tried contacting them on their site i can't send message through their contact form.
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by puskin: 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2013
....and why are you interested in having a static IP address. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm... Guy what do need it for? Private or Public IP address?
You want to host a website by yourself from your computer?
Whatever you want do, get a premuim account from a good dynamic dns provider. Access your server/computer from anywhere, host website, host email server, etc. Good luck.
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by ediko5(m): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
chuks315: Hmmm... Guy what do need it for? Private or Public IP address?
You want to host a website by yourself from your computer?
Whatever you want do, get a premuim account from a good dynamic dns provider. Access your server/computer from anywhere, host website, host email server, etc. Good luck.

Exactly, i need it to be able to access my Cpanel. I cannot log into my control panel and i am told that my IP address is changing so i should get a static IP address.
So i don't know how to get it from airtel.
Please what does the "dns provider" stands for?
Thanks.
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
Dynamic dns providers help you map your dynamic private IP address to a hostname accessible on the Internet. This way your computer can be reached by the hostname even when your IP address changes. Thats the basic package. Premium package offer more features. Try no-ip.com

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
How it works

The dynamic dns provider will give you a public static IP address and then forward all traffic to the public IP address to your computer (hostname). You will install their software on your computer, it checks for your private IP address changes and then maps the new private IP address to the public IP address. It works on any network. Just be connected to the Internet. Its just advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) at work.
Note please that the public IP address is not assign to only you but you have your hostmane that is unique to you. When you ping your hostname you will see your public IP address.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by ediko5(m): 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2013
chuks315: Dynamic dns providers help you map your dynamic private IP address to a hostname accessible on the Internet. This way your computer can be reached by the hostname even when your IP address changes. Thats the basic package. Premium package offer more features. Try no-ip.com

Altough i don't understand all what you have said because i am new in web hosting. But i want to ask, if i get this public static IP address you said, will it be for only one hostname? That's will it be for the one i supplied them?
And what if i have another site and decide to change a host what will happen?.
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 05, 2013
The one I know well about is No-ip.com try it. You can have multiple host names for one IP.
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by UncleJJ(m): 8:08am On Apr 06, 2013
the guy ask's for a static ip and you speaking french.

Dude, you can start with vpn's. most of them collect Liberty reserve and should cut you $7 or less.

You can try your-freedom and the likes but i suggest you get a vpn, since your into the webserver sh.it.

It should be more secure and you can use it for other stuff like accessing your bank account online and other sensitive shayt.

The dude suggesting dns - is on a long thing and should know that private ip are important for privacy and security reasons.

The vpn should work well with your iphone or android so you can stay private as long as you want and most service providers dont have bandwith limits, jst make sure you choose a service that offers "openvpn" cheesy

The other stuff, jst to buggy. And another solution would be to try mtn or glo or eti or visa (these options are cost effective, but i still go with the private ip - it has the cool factor cool)

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2013
UncleJJ: the guy ask's for a static ip and you speaking french.

Dude, you can start with vpn's. most of them collect Liberty reserve and should cut you $7 or less.

You can try your-freedom and the likes but i suggest you get a vpn, since your into the webserver sh.it.

It should be more secure and you can use it for other stuff like accessing your bank account online and other sensitive shayt.

The dude suggesting dns - is on a long thing and should know that private ip are important for privacy and security reasons.

The vpn should work well with your iphone or android so you can stay private as long as you want and most service providers dont have bandwith limits, jst make sure you choose a service that offers "openvpn" cheesy

The other stuff, jst to buggy. And another solution would be to try mtn or glo or eti or visa (these options are cost effective, but i still go with the private ip - it has the cool factor cool)
SMH4U
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by Jake89: 5:38am On Aug 24, 2013
ediko5: Hello,
Please how can i get a static IP address from airtel. I have tried contacting them on their site i can't send message through their contact form.

You have to contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP)through phone for getting static IP.After getting static IP,you can check it by resetting the modem.Static IP will not change when you the reset the modem.Or you can check it using
Ip-details.com .
Re: Please How Can I Get A Static IP Address From Airtel. by ipaddress: 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2017
Static IP usually is required for setting up server. If this is the reason for static IP, several points should be considered.

Even if you get a static IP, being a server, your upload speed should be very good. In case of airtel, upload speed is 1/8th or 1/16th of your download speed. Airtel itself takes and redistribute internet bandwidth from APNIC. Better are hathway and other. see some good ones here (India's Fastest Broadband Internet Service Providers).
A server usually involves setting up a mailing system Even a simple wordpress based system involves newsletter distribution. These systems mail using linux’s mailing server working on same IP but at several specific ports. These ports attracts many hackers which are successfull in hacking if the server security is low or the server coding is poor. In order to avoid such security risks to the clients, most ISPs blocks such ports ( usually port 25). You can check blocked ports for your connection at canyouseeme Open Port Check Tool. Now the point is, even if airtel provides you with static , they are not clear whether they will be opening up the port 25. I myself talked to technical team directly with same query, but the technical team seems to be unsmart to understand several basics. A bypass may be using external POP3 or SMTP like from gmail.

192.168.l.l ~ Follow 192.168.l.l IP Address to Configure Your WiFi Router Settings

Similar problems exist with FTP and SSH services. FTP enabled server can be accessed from anywhere for uploading files. SSH is like remote commandline access for the server system.

(1) (Reply)

7 Uses Of OTG Cables On Android And Tablets / Which App Can I Use To Change Voice During Call On Android / Rocking My Unlocked FIFA 14 Android (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.