Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) (28518 Views)

Pictures Of Lagos Carnival And Water Regatta 2015 / Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / LASG Announces Saturday, May 2nd 2015 As New Date For Lagos Carnival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by DisGuy: 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Where are the pictures from water regatta?
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by liyalla(m): 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2013
like seriously wat does easter hav to do wit boats in the river At a point I thought it was for Jesus' remembrance and not d "marine spirits"
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
Locomotion have a 30 or 40 piece drum band. It's like a moving earthquake. Pictures coming up when I take my first break.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by sucess001(m): 1:23pm On Apr 01, 2013
And all info on LASG is usually brough to u by naptu....yet he always claims he has notin to do wiv d govt...funny.

How does d carnival improve d average life of d poor?

Another pointer to the elitist agenda of dis govt.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Smooyis(m): 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2013
Poor pictures. I expected colourful pictures
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by deols(f): 1:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
Many years from now

and he is told, 'You are celebrating Easter' and he replies, ' No. it is just a carnival'.

'It is Easter'

'No, it is a carnival'

'The carnival was easter, a christian celebration.'

'what is easter?? never heard of it.'

'The easter was a Christian religious celebration which became a carnival just like many pagan celebrations became Christian celebrations.'

'oh. really?, but well, it is a carnival. I don't care'

undecided embarassed embarassed tongue

1 Like

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
naptu2 wia in tbs r u?
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Ninilowo(m): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
OC cool: So how does dis carnival affect d price of GARRI in London, or how does it affect d price of GARRI in Sudan, huh? Infact, how does it put GARRI on my table,eh or how does it enable me provide GARRI 4 my family, huh?
E don tay when dem ban you abi dem never ban you befor sef. This GARRi garri you are mentioning eh?
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by deols(f): 1:41pm On Apr 01, 2013
This is better than the calabar carnival. The people here are decent.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by OmogeNaija1(f): 2:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. This carnival is just for Lagosians to unwind, I'd rather stay @ home and watch a bunch of movies though,
For those asking how it will put garri on your table, you can make it of economic value, if you go with 1 0 dozens of Fan Yogo, I promise you, you'll sell it all.
Bu
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by anonimi: 3:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
ifyalways: Good job, Naptu. E no easy, not with dis kain scorching sun.
Internet loud mouths complaining about picture quality have the option of sending Naptu a better camera or clicking on another thread.

Don't know why have this feeling that it seems oga at the top, Naptu has some commercial interest in this carnival.

Great to see collaboration of federal agencies like the police with LASG to make this a success.
But I cannot see anything from the [size=13pt]concerned Local Government Authorities and LCDAs.[/size]
Have they gone AWOL despite the fat monthly allocations they receive from the federation account

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 3:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
it makng xenxe
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2013
ifyalways: Good job, Naptu. E no easy, not with dis kain scorching sun.
Internet loud mouths complaining about picture quality have the option of sending Naptu a better camera or clicking on another thread.

Yes o sister.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by bokoarerams: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
angryDryyy, no naked boobs and yansh pics like in calabar caniver
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Very Shameful. Please take these pics offline.
What is shameful about this? Is it because they are not showing their unclothedness as in Calabar or Rio Festival? Is it because it is happening in Lagos and not in your state? My brother wake up bro and have fun and stop hating other people's event.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Odunharry(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
fash ix ard
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by diamond002: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2013
undecided wasn't der baby sitting undecided some bdy fill mii in wat happened der grin?
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
obadiah777: UNCLE NAPTU TOOK THE PICTURE WITH HIS 1940 PRE-INDEPENDENCE KODAK CAMERA grin grin

Lmao... Polaroid things... grin
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
Where are the tiddays

This isn't a carnival, it's more of a cultural parade... FML grin
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
deols:
Many years from now

and he is told, 'You are celebrating Easter' and he replies, ' No. it is just a carnival'.

'It is Easter'

'No, it is a carnival'

'The carnival was easter, a christian celebration.'

'what is easter?? never heard of it.'

'The easter was a Christian religious celebration which became a carnival just like many pagan celebrations became Christian celebrations.'

'oh. really?, but well, it is a carnival. I don't care'

undecided embarassed embarassed tongue

Ok, I know you feel slighted because you're muslim...

Well, we can always have a hijab carnival with folks dressed up as ninjas - what do you think??
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
grin
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by makgunn: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
Improve your career and life with valuable knowledge. Read great books. For any book you want text or call 07011167256. And you will receive it.[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 6:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
I learnt two things today. (1) I'm not as young as I used to be. (2) It's good to have a famous last name.

I was quite excited and enjoying the atmosphere, so I missed my planned refreshment stop and forgot to take water with me. I almost got to Onikan when extreme dehydration hit. I had to sit beneath a tree with two old women. We were gisting about the old times, the various costumes and dance steps, etc.

Then one of them looked at me and said "did you attend *****" I replied her. She kept looking at me in a funny way. Then a guy standing nearby said "he's **** son". The woman screamed. She told them to get ice-cream for me (lifesaver). I think that was what kept me alive.

After that I returned to TBS and spent the next hour and a half recuperating. I couldn't go to Campos or take the pic of Tower Fernandez, but I had FUN!

My verdict: Locomotion were the best group at this carnival. 30 person drum band, best dance steps, etc. More pics coming soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 6:33pm On Apr 01, 2013
Man with big stomach.

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gelede. I couldn't get as many of pics of them as I did last year.

Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by redsun(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
What does it mean by easter carnival?Is in in respect of easter as oyinbo/christian culture or as a yoruaba/nigerian cultural festival aka carnival?

Beautiful and innovative though.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Ishilove: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
naptu2: I learnt two things today. (1) I'm not as young as I used to be. (2) It's good to have a famous last name.

I was quite excited and enjoying the atmosphere, so I missed my planned refreshment stop and forgot to take water with me. I almost got to Onikan when extreme dehydration hit. I had to sit beneath a tree with two old women. We were gisting about the old times, the various costumes and dance steps, etc.

Then one of them looked at me and said "did you attend *****" I replied her. She kept looking at me in a funny way. Then a guy standing nearby said "he's **** son". The woman screamed. She told them to get ice-cream for me (lifesaver). I think that was what kept me alive.

After that I returned to TBS and spent the next hour and a half recuperating. I couldn't go to Campos or take the pic of Tower Fernandez, but I had FUN!

My verdict: Locomotion were the best group at this carnival. 30 person drum band, best dance steps, etc. More pics coming soon.
You are the son of ****?? o my God!! shocked

I am the daughter of ****! We must be first cousins. shocked

Small world... **** and **** were friends is **** school. Now we are reunited on NL. **** is a very ****.

Praise God!
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
redsun: What does it mean by easter carnival?Is in in respect of easter as oyinbo/christian culture or as a yoruaba/nigerian cultural festival aka carnival?

Beautiful and innovative though.

Err! It's a long story. Last year I titled it "Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2012". The mod changed it to "Easter Monday: Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2012". So this year I titled it "Easter Monday: Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2013". She sent me a message saying that the thread contained pics of events that happened on other days of the week. She suggested that we just leave it at Easter and omit the monday. I didn't object, so she renamed it.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ishilove:
You are the son of ****?? o my God!! shocked

I am the daughter of ****! We must be first cousins. shocked

Small world... **** and **** were friends is **** school. Now we are reunited on NL. **** is a very ****.

Praise God!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by redsun(m): 7:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
naptu2:

Err! It's a long story. Last year I titled it "Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2012". The mod changed it to "Easter Monday: Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2012". So this year I titled it "Easter Monday: Pictures of Lagos Carnival 2013". She sent me a message saying that the thread contained pics of events that happened on other days of the week. She suggested that we just leave it at Easter and omit the monday. I didn't object, so she renamed it.

Why did she think easter is better than lagos carnival?Lagos is not for christians,neither is it for anybody particular,except for the people that keeps it moving and functional.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by naptu2: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2013
redsun:

Why did she think easter is better than lagos carnival?Lagos is not for christians,neither is it for anybody particular,except for the people that keeps it moving and functional.

*shrug*. It's really not a big deal to me.
Re: Lagos Carnival Easter 2013: (Pictures) by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!
What? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Does Our Society Condemn Using Left Hand To Give And Receive? / Igbo Art (Nka Igbo) / How Do U Greet Good Morning In Ur Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.