Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam (8780 Views)

Quotes From Spartacus, Movies And Series... / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus / Any Spartacus : Blood And Sand Fans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by OracleHex(m): 4:21am On Apr 01, 2013
In March 2010, Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with non-
Hodgkin lymphoma and died 11 months later, Liam was a replacement.
I just rewatched the whole show, every single episode to
refresh my memory as I absolutely love this show and
wish it could go on forever. I know this will probably get
downvoted, but the transition that Liam made into
Spartacus from Andy's Spartacus has been more
successful than people have given him credit for. I
honestly think Liam has done as good of ( if not better)
job at representing Spartacus than Andy did. I think Liam
feels like the better actor

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 01, 2013
Andy made me watch spar... I just lv d guy!liam's performance is very cool anyway.I cried like a baby wen he passed away.

2 Likes

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
Andy is my all time Fav

but I like Liam as well very much, both are amazing actors

Did u guys start watching season 3?

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by OracleHex(m): 3:15am On Apr 02, 2013
Sybellah: Andy is my all time Fav

but I like Liam as well very much, both are amazing actors

Did u guys start watching season 3?
yeah its called War of the Dammed
You need to see this guys in action
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 02, 2013
OracleHex: yeah its called War of the Dammed
You need to see this guys in action

omg did u watched episode 8 already? What happened to Ceasar was very shocking as innnnnn... getting butt rap***ed by some moronic Justin Bieber lookalike was humiliating and disturbing, I had that image in my head for days...
I understand the writers want to shock but this was a bit over the edge...
+ the death of Crixus was too banal for his stature undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
Sybellah:

omg did u watched episode 8 already? What happened to Ceasar was very shocking as innnnnn... getting butt rap***ed by some moronic Justin Bieber lookalike was humiliating and disturbing, I had that image in my head for days...

Damn the ceasar part was just a big time fu*k up. Imagine the great and famous julius ceasar in history being rapped by spoilt teenager. I hope that Tiberius meet a horrible end brought to him by ceasar or spartacus.

Crixus has had it coming for a while, I wasn't surprised at his death. he had thrown caution to the wind, thinking he can defeat the Romans with brute force despite spartacus telling him they've got to be strategic.

The painful parts for me were the fall of argon, the split from spartacus by crixus and argon, gannicus hooking up with Sybil and worse of all, agron and even the mighty crixus being killed by a weak boy.

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by OracleHex(m): 10:14am On Apr 04, 2013
Sybellah:

i stopped at episode 5, pls could u send me a link where i can download the rest
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by OracleHex(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2013
50calibre:

Damn the ceasar part was just a big time fu*k up. Imagine the great and famous julius ceasar in history being rapped by spoilt teenager. I hope that Tiberius meet a horrible end brought to him by ceasar or spartacus.

Crixus has had it coming for a while, I wasn't surprised at his death. he had thrown caution to the wind, thinking he can defeat the Romans with brute force despite spartacus telling him they've got to be strategic.

The painful parts for me were the fall of argon, the split from spartacus by crixus and argon, gannicus hooking up with Sybil and worse of all, agron and even the mighty crixus being killed by a weak boy.
Don't blame the director, spartacus a true life event
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2013
OracleHex: i stopped at episode 5, pls could u send me a link where i can download the rest
smiley
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
50calibre:

damn u r a real fan like me cheesy , let take a hug u know wazzup cool Tiberius is a damn goat and he ll pay horribly, I believe naevia will finish him since she ain't dead yet
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by OracleHex(m): 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sybellah: shocked u must watch it fast, it's getting better and better with each eps try www.thepiratebay.se u ll get everything there smiley
Thanks sweaty, you re a darling...I owe you one
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Frostyzone(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
OracleHex: In March 2010, Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with non-
Hodgkin lymphoma and died 11 months later, Liam was a replacement.
I just rewatched the whole show, every single episode to
refresh my memory as I absolutely love this show and
wish it could go on forever. I know this will probably get
downvoted, but the transition that Liam made into
Spartacus from Andy's Spartacus has been more
successful than people have given him credit for. I
honestly think Liam has done as good of ( if not better)
job at representing Spartacus than Andy did. I think Liam
feels like the better actor

Dude, don't even begin to compare the two. Whitfield was an established actor that made his name featuring in Hollywood movies, while the Aussie, Liam is more like a local champion. Thus, relatively unknown internationally until he landed the Spartacus role.

On their acting, Whitfield Spartacus was more reachable to audience in viewers perspective, because he put more character and soul into his acting. His depiction of the Roman slave turned rebel is so surreally realistic that you may be forgiven for thinking for a moment that he really is Spartacus. He single handedly established his character that even at his unfortunate demise, Starz decided to carry on with the show at the behest of the fans.

Liam on the other hand had it easy right from the start. Whitfield had already established Spartacus character, so all he has to do now is cuss and Slash away at the Romans.

I for one don't see that as acting, as any tv extra can easily do that. The reason I think they picked him for the role is because of his physical attributes and a little resemblance to Andy Whitfield, c'est fini.
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Frostyzone(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2013
-
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 04, 2013
OracleHex:
Thanks sweaty, you re a darling...I owe you one

Anytime OracleHex wink
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by modextus(m): 10:02pm On Apr 04, 2013
Sybellah:

Anytime OracleHex wink
don't tell me u'v watched loads and loads of screwsss wink
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 04, 2013
modextus: don't tell me u'v watched loads and loads of screwsss wink

sure i did cool
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 1:23am On Apr 05, 2013
OracleHex:
Don't blame the director, spartacus a true life event

I know that but you yourself obviously don't really know much about the real life events because if you did, you would know that the directors of Spartacus haven't been following it exactly as it happened. Many parts of the scripts has been modified.
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 1:36am On Apr 05, 2013
Sybellah: damn u r a real fan like me cheesy , let take a hug u know wazzup cool Tiberius is a damn goat and he ll pay horribly, I believe naevia will finish him since she ain't dead yet

Haha! I'm a big fan of spartacus, so sad it would soon come to an end.

Naevia is as good as dead, do you think they would allow her to go anywhere near tiberius? she is now a slave. I also doubt Tiberius would die because he has a very influential father and according to history, his father (Crassus) was a senator and the richest man in the republic.

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2013
50calibre:

Haha! I'm a big fan of spartacus, so sad it would soon come to an end.

Naevia is as good as dead, do you think they would allow her to go anywhere near tiberius? she is now a slave. I also doubt Tiberius would die because he has a very influential father and according to history, his father (Crassus) was a senator and the richest man in the republic.

omg episode 9 was so hard to watch, very emotional.....i think that Tiberius boy did not suffer enough before dying....i wished Ceasar would have him pay back by "fist rap****ing" him with his own sword before death set upon him. The tribute they paid to all the fallen gladiators: Crixus, Oenomaus, Barka, Varro, Mira and many more was phenomenal, so tangible that i even felt their pain.... cry
Oh Well I can't wait for the next eps.
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 6:12am On Apr 07, 2013
Sybellah:

omg episode 9 was so hard to watch, very emotional.....i think that Tiberius boy did not suffer enough before dying....i wished Ceasar would have him pay back by "fist rap****ing" him with his own sword before death set upon him. The tribute they paid to all the fallen gladiators: Crixus, Oenomaus, Barka, Varro, Mira and many more was phenomenal, so tangible that i even felt their pain.... cry
Oh Well I can't wait for the next eps.

Wow! The episode was epic. It was nice to see naevia, argon back and also to see the games one last time, spartacus and gannicus once again showed the beasts in them, I love how those Romans were slaughtered like animals.

It was nice to see tiberius humiliated by a woman and also killed by a woman. Caesar is too loyal to Crassus and Rome, he was willing to return the boy home if that Slave girl hadnt intervened.

Anyways it was emotional when they called the names of their fallen comrades, too sad the next episode (10) is the last, It's going to be bloody. You know how it's going to end right?

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 09, 2013
50calibre:

Wow! The episode was epic. It was nice to see naevia, argon back and also to see the games one last time, spartacus and gannicus once again showed the beasts in them, I love how those Romans were slaughtered like animals.

It was nice to see tiberius humiliated by a woman and also killed by a woman. Caesar is too loyal to Crassus and Rome, he was willing to return the boy home if that Slave girl hadnt intervened.

Anyways it was emotional when they called the names of their fallen comrades, too sad the next episode (10) is the last, It's going to be bloody. You know how it's going to end right?

The games were nice and these Romans got what they deserved....but damn i feel like Tiberius humiliation was too abrupt, damn! I seriously dislike this rap'ist mofo.... angry angry angry
u think Ceasar would have let him tho, i thought he was gonna humiliate him and then kill am. Anyway he is gone now.
What do u think will happen to Corey, Marcus most trusted slave? The man really love her, i am surprise...
Spartacus have the best villains in the history of TV-Shows, while i don't mind Crassus, Battiatus and Ceasar are my fav. Especially Battiatus, i miss him so damn much, he got some of the most fuked up but hilarious cussing ever! He's too much grin [left][/left]

1 Like

Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 9:16pm On Apr 10, 2013
Sybellah:

The games were nice and these Romans got what they deserved....but damn i feel like Tiberius humiliation was too abrupt, damn! I seriously dislike this rap'ist mofo.... angry angry angry
u think Ceasar would have let him tho, i thought he was gonna humiliate him and then kill am. Anyway he is gone now.
What do u think will happen to Corey, Marcus most trusted slave? The man really love her, i am surprise...
Spartacus have the best villains in the history of TV-Shows, while i don't mind Crassus, Battiatus and Ceasar are my fav. Especially Battiatus, i miss him so damn much, he got some of the most fuked up but hilarious cussing ever! He's too much grin [left][/left]

Yeah few seconds before tiberius was killed, ceasar made a remark to suggest he planned to do something bad to Tiberius on the way back. Kore will now become a full time slave because Crassus told her she was to start calling him dominus. She might commit suicide.

Batiatus was a genius, his swear lines were just out of this world, to me he was my most favourite villain of the show followed by Ashur and The Egyptian in Vengeance.

I think the finale would be brutal, I foresee the death of most of them.
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
50calibre:

Yeah few seconds before tiberius was killed, ceasar made a remark to suggest he planned to do something bad to Tiberius on the way back. Kore will now become a full time slave because Crassus told her she was to start calling him dominus. She might commit suicide.

Batiatus was a genius, his swear lines were just out of this world, to me he was my most favourite villain of the show followed by Ashur and The Egyptian in Vengeance.

I think the finale would be brutal, I foresee the death of most of them.

hey man, how did u like the finale? sad cry
Re: Who Acted The Spartacus Role Better? Andy Vs Liam by 50calibre(m): 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
Sybellah:

hey man, how did u like the finale? sad cry

The finale was good, although painful but it was as expected, they had to stay true to the historical events.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn New Mobile Tv / Television Star Toun Oni Dies / Watch Zee World Lies Of The Heart On Cohab TV Download For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.