Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087564 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by stanisbaratheon: 11:17pm On Jun 09, 2015
LeSulk:
“A girl says nothing. A girl
keeps her mouth closed. No one hears.”
-Jaqen to Arya
Let's follow Jaqen's advice and quit using spoilers .Thanks

a man wants to see the season finale
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 11:20pm On Jun 09, 2015
Honestly, anyone that says episode 9 wasn't interesting needs his head examined.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 11:25pm On Jun 09, 2015
olyrayy:
Methinks I like the way stannis is somewhat of a villain. It helps remove sentiment from the show.
This is due to the fact that he is also as bad, if not worse than the Boltons and thus, we won't feel he is entitled to victory.
This thus leaves the viewers with a 'let the best man win' atiitude.

By the way, Forgive my ignorance but Does Arya have any issue with that paedophile?

Arya is as clueless as her sister sansa.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 11:30pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ogatitus:

No doubt many folks will not agree with you, but you are spot on: the directors lost it on Stannis.

This twist in the character of Stannis is uncalled for. He has now lost his protagonistic ambience in the hearts of the audience.

Regardless of what the plot is, this "radicalisation" of Stannis is unnecessary. We are now indirectly forced to support the "sick" Ramsay Bolton in the forthcoming battle of Winterfell.

Despite I like Ramsay, I like stannis more. Stannis has my full support..I hope he conquers the Bolton's.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dragonking:

Despite I like Ramsay, I like stannis more. Stannis has my full support..I hope he conquers the Bolton's.

Come at me bro

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by themodernman: 2:05am On Jun 10, 2015
RamsayBolton:

Come at me bro

This was where I knew Ramsay is a mad dog. Imagine him just screwing that mad biitch of his who clawed his body only to get down for a real fight.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 6:23am On Jun 10, 2015
gj22:

I agree.

The spoilers is not the problem (mod doing a great job). Its that people are critisizn the writters unfairly.

for example,

After the episode, show watchers came and started criticixn stannis for what he did but book readers came and started criticixn the writers by calling it "bad character development".

We the show watchers understand the character for what he is. But the book readers understand the character IN THE BOOKS so they use that to judge the show character WHICH IS WRONG.

The show watchers judge the characters for eho they are while the book reaaders judge for who they should be,
This here is the problem.
How do you know those criticizing the character weren't also acting on what they watched, rather than what they read?
I know I wasn't basing anything on the boo and yet someone attacked me.
Let's try and be objective please. If you don't want book spoilers then stop using everything as an excuse to use the B word.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frosti(m): 7:09am On Jun 10, 2015
LeonStark:
The ends/means dilemma is a popular scenario in ethics discussions. Usually, the question goes something like this: “If you could save the world by killing someone, would you do it?” If the answer is “yes,” then a morally right outcome justifies the use of immoral means to achieve it. But there are three different things to consider in such a situation: the morality of the action, the morality of the outcome, and the morality of the person performing the action. In this situation, the action (murder) is clearly immoral and so is the murderer. But saving the world is a good and moral outcome. Or is it? What kind of world is being saved if murderers are allowed to decide when and if murder is justified and then go free? Or does the murderer face punishment for his crime in the world that he has saved? And would the world that was saved be justified in taking the life of the one who had just saved them?And by the way Stannis is not ambitious.

Always acknowledge source if you are not the original author.

http://www.gotquestions.org/ends-justify-means.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 7:22am On Jun 10, 2015
UjSizzle:

This here is the problem.
How do you know those criticizing the character weren't also acting on what they watched, rather than what they read?
I know I wasn't basing anything on the boo and yet someone attacked me.
Let's try and be objective please. If you don't want book spoilers then stop using everything as an excuse to use the B word.

The B word? Lol Uj.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 8:00am On Jun 10, 2015
The Show's producers Beinoff and Weiss have confirmed that it was actually Martin who told them that Shireen will be sacrificed in the upcoming 6th b**k (B-word).B**k Readers who have been lashing out at D & D,will you also lash out at your master,Martin?
www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_showrunners_george_rr_martin_shireen_dies-2015-06
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 8:02am On Jun 10, 2015
Whoever is hiding posts is going about it arbitrarily, a couple of posts including mine that had nothing to do with spoilers or the books were hidden.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:
The Show's producers Beinoff and Weiss have confirmed that it was actually Martin who told them that Shireen will be sacrificed in the upcoming 6th b**k (B-word).B**k Readers who have been lashing out at D & D,will you also lash out at your master,Martin?
www.zap2it.com/blogs/game_of_thrones_showrunners_george_rr_martin_shireen_dies-2015-06
I find that difficult to believe.
Shireen is at Castle Black.
Stannis is in the North with Melisandre.

So unless people now teleport (not entirely impossible since winchy things have been happening in the series), I don't see how Shireen's sacrifice is going to pan out.

Anyway if that's true, I wont put it past George to find a way to make it happen.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by sage1000: 8:33am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:

dude killing shireen isn't d problem. Stannis being d one to do d deed is and dis is physically impossible in d books
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
UjSizzle:

Lol yes na. Since the book is apparently a taboo on this thread. Wait, I might even be a taboo on this thread sef having read the book shocked

So maybe we'll outlaw "book" then. Make mention of the B-word or reference it and I'll hide your post and maybe ban you. Then we'll see just how unreasonable all of these really is.

What say you? cheesy tongue
Uhm.. I think that'll be a great idea... And you could even try to erase the book from our head? wink cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:

That's them cowering in behind the books to shift the blame from them. Now who's referencing the books. Shireen will be sacrificed has always been a book theory, because in the books, she stays at the wall, what kind of king brings his family to a siege. While she's at the wall, a wildling named Val sees her and tells Jon that she's unclean, that greyscale isnt deadly in children, that it sleeps in children, soon to be awaken when she grows older. She then goes on to say if i were her mother i would have killed her since. Now no book reader is saying Shireen wont die. But it wouldn't be at the hands of Stannis, for such a stupid reason. If she dies Stannis would have no part in it, because he named Shireen his heir. And that's were they went wrong.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 8:42am On Jun 10, 2015
adexsimply:

Uhm.. I think that'll be a great idea... And you could even try to erase the book from our head? wink cheesy

Abi o. Wait for it, I'll wash your minds clean of any B knowledge.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2015
UjSizzle:

I find that difficult to believe.
Shireen is at Castle Black.
Stannis is in the North with Melisandre.

So unless people now teleport (not entirely impossible since winchy things have been happening in the series), I don't see how Shireen's sacrifice is going to pan out.

Anyway if that's true, I wont put it past George to find a way to make it happen.

I get your point,but the sacrifice will still occur.Stannis could still raven the Night's Watch to bring Shireen to camp
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 10, 2015
Its the potrayal of Stannis that people didnt agree it. And the show writers have this way of potraying emotions in such a silly way to lead up to a shocker in the next few episodes. Example, Sansa was potrayed at the end of season 4 as someone who was finally going to take charge and stop being the victim, to start playing the game, her walk down the stairs, her face, you could see it, then season 5 starts and she starts crying again, she starts being a victim again, soon she gets raped, that was the problem with that. Then Stannis, who was potrayed as the best dad in the world,"you're the princess Shireen blah blah", "i told them all to go to hell blah", "i hired every healer blah" then him with Mel, "Get out blah". Stannis who was set up as strong, stubborn, as dutiful, who survived a siege without food for a year, who was down to eating glue and boots and rats( it was even the same scenario in the books for the march. They had no food either, and were eating horses). Suddenly Ramsay uses "20 good men blah", which defies all logic, to sabotage their camps, full of 5-6000 men, and the writers thinking we're stupid and will play along. Think about it "20 good men" "a camp of 5-6000", how did they find the supply train, weren't there sentries, how come they didnt see them, only for Davos to say "20 good men" later. Suddenly Stannis, thinks he cant take it anymore, they'll starve, they'll freeze, let me go ahead with Mel's plan, let me burn Shireen. What was disgusting was when he had to talk her into doing anything for him. And that's the problem with that.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:

I get your point,but the sacrifice will still occur.Stannis could still raven the Night's Watch to bring Shireen to camp

Mel wasnt with Stannis. And even Mel never thinks of burning Shireen yet.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
Why do we still believe that Stannis can't really kill his daughter?This same Stannis that didn't think twice before killing his bro,Renly.Stannis is currently under Melisandre's firm control.He is obsessed with this King-at-all-costs mentality and will stop at nothing to sit on the Iron Throne (in his dreams,lol).Stannis may be a principled man but he's definitely not Ned Stark

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:
Why do we still believe that Stannis can't really kill his daughter?This same Stannis that didn't think twice before killing his bro,Renly.Stannis is currently under Melisandre's firm control.He is obsessed with this King-at-all-costs mentality and will stop at nothing to sit on the Iron Throne (in his dreams,lol).Stannis may be a principled man but he's definitely not Ned Stark

Renly was a traitor, and was proposing treason, and although the price was death, Stannis regrets what he did.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by prof800(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

a man wants to see the season finale
A Man must not be too anxious.
If a Man cannot wait, then a Man should simply go to Winterfell. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

Renly was a traitor, and was proposing treason, and although the price was death, Stannis regrets what he did.
Haha,I agree too.Renly was an utter ****.I didn't mind Stannis killing him at the time.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by amanze15(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2015
Melisandre scamming stannis with her lord of light cramp since S3, dude is not focused buh over ambitious about the throne undecided shireen cry cry I wil her
Dragon, fly cool cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2015
LeSulk:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Sveen: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2015
You guys have really gone far.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bamz(m): 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Ghost01:
Spoiler alert: Expect Jon's "death" in the Season finale.

A poster must be aware: wisdom may not be acquired simply through reading books; knowledge is one thing, wisdom is yet another.

A poster knows nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 12:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dragonking:

Arya is as clueless as her sister sansa.

Know your history..... she has beef with Meryn Trant from season one when he was Kingsguard during the time her father was killed. He most probably killed her sword teacher too (Syrio).

Also he was one of the names on her 'list' of back then. So that's why she got sidetracked when she saw him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
LeviStark:

People forced him to claim the throne. He was well loved and they felt him more charismatic than Stannis. If not Renley wasn't that ambitious. He just had powerful friends who wanted him at the top ie the House of Flowers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.