Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,285 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:45 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1077322 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:23pm On May 04, 2016
blackjack21:

I have downloaded both episode 1 and 2 translation, now how do i apply it to the videos? na my phone idey the use watch.

Extract the .srt file and then if you r using vlc, play the video and load the subtitle file. Or you can put the video and the subtitle in the same folder and give them the same name

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Migines(m): 7:45pm On May 04, 2016
I had always wondered about the value of Thoros of myr and beric dondarion on the show... I guess it's ultimately to explain the resurrection of our "hero".... So... HBO.... You may kill them now.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by DjValency(m): 7:56pm On May 04, 2016
My favorite quote and funniest quote was Tyrion Lannister: I'm a friend to your mother, I'm here to help, pls don't eat the help. Hilarious but insightful quote.
abeg someone should explain Hodor to me and no body talked about how that drunkard was smashed by Cercei's personal guard, mehn that was breathtaking.
Lesson: Don't talk anyhow in public

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by IamOpemipo(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2016
DjValency:
My favorite quote and funniest quote was Tyrion Lannister: I'm a friend to your mother, I'm here to help, pls don't eat the help. Hilarious but insightful quote.
abeg someone should explain Hodor to me and no body talked about how that drunkard was smashed by Cercei's personal guard, mehn that was breathtaking.

Dude was drunk AF..

Mouth diahoea: problem of the alcoholic

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Olubee22(f): 10:11pm On May 04, 2016
I hope John Snow becomes a bad ass and kills off that psycho called Ramsay Bolton .

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:13am On May 05, 2016
DjValency:

Hodor may be the name of The Great Other. In Norse Mythology, Hod/Hodur/Hothr means God of the Cold. Its possible Walder(Wylis, as you like) may have heard it somewhere, probably beneath Winterfell, in the crypts. There was a weirwood door beneath the Night's Fort, a castle at the Wall, which allowed black brothers who had sworn their oaths to pass right through the wall, like a portal of sorts, it could be possible same exists somewhere under Winterfell (as they were both built by Bran the Builder), as the lower levels of the crypts havent been that explored.
We don't know how deep the crypts go. What we do know is that Jon would have dreams about them.
" Somehow I know I have to go down
there, but I don't want to. I'm afraid of
what might be waiting for me." Winterfell is that mysterious. And all those sayings about it aren't just words. When Bran dreams of Ned down there, he has to get Osha to carry him because Hodor is too scared.

Also Mel calls The Great Other, the one who's name may not be spoken. Perhaps Walder stumbled upon something that may have ruined his mind.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 7:50am On May 05, 2016
Gbola5:

Hodor may be the name of The Great Other. In Norse Mythology, Hod/Hodur/Hothr means God of the Cold. Its possible Walder(Wylis, as you like) may have heard it somewhere, probably beneath Winterfell, in the crypts. There was a weirwood door beneath the Night's Fort, a castle at the Wall, which allowed black brothers who had sworn their oaths to pass right through the wall, like a portal of sorts, it could be possible same exists somewhere under Winterfell (as they were both built by Bran the Builder), as the lower levels of the crypts havent been that explored.
We don't know how deep the crypts go. What we do know is that Jon would have dreams about them.
what might be waiting for me." Winterfell is that mysterious. And all those sayings about it aren't just words. When Bran dreams of Ned down there, he has to get Osha to carry him because Hodor is too scared.

Also Mel calls The Great Other, the one who's name may not be spoken. Perhaps Walder stumbled upon something that may have ruined his mind.
Dude, you are talking from an alternate dimension. grin There should be a book thread somewhere. This is game of thrones, not a wiki of ice and fire. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Val24x(m): 7:51am On May 05, 2016
blackjack21:

I have downloaded both episode 1 and 2 translation, now how do i apply it to the videos? na my phone idey the use watch.
please where did u download it. I need to download it ASAP.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 9:17am On May 05, 2016
Vorpal:
I am still pondering on what Tormund said in the trailer "I thought he was the one to lead us through the long night, but I was wrong"

What could possibly be the price to Jon Snow's resurrection?
Yeah. I was hoping it was a comment he made after learning of Snow's death, but now... undecided
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:45pm On May 05, 2016
Vorpal:
I am still pondering on what Tormund said in the trailer "I thought he was the one to lead us through the long night, but I was wrong"

What could possibly be the price to Jon Snow's resurrection?
I thought it was just me. That quote is haunting me worse now that Jon has awoken. I'm actually harboring hope that Tormmund is referring to Mance. And then he says something like, "But it is you who will lead us." as he swears allegiance to Jon. I'm seriously hoping against hope.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Kaycee7(m): 1:51pm On May 05, 2016
Endy10:

Oga, you are powerful oo
So there must be struggle before what he did to her is termed rape?
Isokay...dia ris God oo
I rest my case lipsrsealed
Bro rewatch the season. Sansa was taking of her clothes before Ramsay came and tore them. It was the wedding night. Obviously she had an idea of what was going to happen in that room. Ramsay's crime was not being gentle or romantic and degrading the act by making Theon watch.
Jamie's forced sex with Cersei is even more rapey than Sansa's wedding night. Cersei tried to resist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 05, 2016
Kaycee7:
I thought it was just me. That quote is haunting me worse now that Jon has awoken. I'm actually harboring hope that Tormmund is referring to Mance. And then he says something like, "But it is you who will lead us." as he swears allegiance to Jon. I'm seriously hoping against hope.
Lol

Fingers crossed let's hope it is as you hoped. Then again game of thrones being what it is, there is no fairy tales. Jon Snow's resurrection may have a cost.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 4:07pm On May 05, 2016
Gbola5:

Now that's a theory i'm interested in
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 4:10pm On May 05, 2016
Val24x:
please where did u download it. I need to download it ASAP.

https://subscene.com/
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 4:16pm On May 05, 2016
Vorpal:

Lol

Fingers crossed let's hope it is as you hoped. Then again game of thrones being what it is, there is no fairy tales. Jon Snow's resurrection may have a cost.

I think so too, remember berric dondarion complaining about feeling more hollow, less human and less like himself with each resurrection? and he told thoros that he wasn't giving him a choice and that resurrection wasn't a fair thing to put a man through and when the opportunity presented itself, he hurriedly passed his flame (life force i think) to lady stoneheart and died permanently. I think jon snow would loose a lot of his humanity coming back, that sense of justice and fairness imbibed in him along with every other child raised by ned stark.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 6:02pm On May 05, 2016
BraniacX:

I think so too, remember berric dondarion complaining about feeling more hollow, less human and less like himself with each resurrection? and he told thoros that he wasn't giving him a choice and that resurrection wasn't a fair thing to put a man through and when the opportunity presented itself, he hurriedly passed his flame (life force i think) to lady stoneheart and died permanently. I think jon snow would loose a lot of his humanity coming back, that sense of justice and fairness imbibed in him along with every other child raised by ned stark.
It will be sad to lose that Jon Snow. He could very well become the bastard we hate.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 05, 2016
UjSizzle:

It will be sad to lose that Jon Snow. He could very well become the bastard we hate.

Perhaps the madness Targaryens are notorious for will manifest, but it will make that character interesting. Prior to the stabbing his character was so bland to me.

After all his grandfather was the mad king. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 7:41pm On May 05, 2016
That's what we are: ghosts. Waiting for you in the dark. You can't see us, but we see you. No matter whose cloak you wear: Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, you prey on the weak, the Brotherhood Without Banners will hunt you down.

Beric Dondarrion
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by akanniade10(m): 7:50pm On May 05, 2016
luxanne:

True that but why do you write in quote?

Okay, no more writing in quotes dear grin Episode 3 on our minds. No Episode has beaten The Rains of Castamere (red wedding) and Hardhome yet. Not even this S06E02
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 7:58pm On May 05, 2016
akanniade10:
That's what we are: ghosts. Waiting for you in the dark. You can't see us, but we see you. No matter whose cloak you wear: Lannister, Stark, Baratheon, you prey on the weak, the Brotherhood Without Banners will hunt you down.

Beric Dondarrion
It was Ned Stark that gave Beric Dondarion command to fight and free people in the riverruns after the Mountain attack the area and rendered some people homeless. That was why The Mountain was asking captives in Harenhal about the whereabouts of the brotherhood with banners.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Mattin(m): 8:54pm On May 05, 2016
Is it season 5 'Game of throne' stops?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 9:07pm On May 05, 2016
Mattin:
No god dead or living can understand what a man speaks undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dynamo007(m): 9:08pm On May 05, 2016
Mattin:
it's at season six presently....

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 9:10pm On May 05, 2016
I wish I have a time capsule grin I will just travel to the future and watch the whole show and then come back and spoil it for you all cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 9:19pm On May 05, 2016
losprince:
I wish I have a time capsule grin I will just travel to the future and watch the whole show and then come back and spoil it for you all cool
A man shall have just one wish.... but this isn't the wish grin

5 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 9:49pm On May 05, 2016
UjSizzle:

A man shall have just one wish.... but this isn't the wish grin
only the gods may grant a man his wish
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:52am On May 06, 2016
losprince:

Hear!! Hear!! Amadeo

A man has lowered his goal post from 10 to 5

But i think a man can go lower

A man should heed this counsel

for the internet is dark and full of spoilers melisandre circa 2016 grin cheesy grin tongue

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 2:01am On May 06, 2016
cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 6:09am On May 06, 2016
Vorpal:

Perhaps the madness Targaryens are notorious for will manifest, but it will make that character interesting. Prior to the stabbing his character was so bland to me.

After all his grandfather was the mad king. cheesy
Jon Snow was anything but bland
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bartork(m): 7:22am On May 06, 2016
Olubee22:
I hope John Snow becomes a bad ass and kills off that psycho called Ramsay Bolton .

I share that hope
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bartork(m): 7:28am On May 06, 2016
Kaycee7:
Bro rewatch the season. Sansa was taking of her clothes before Ramsay came and tore them. It was the wedding night. Obviously she had an idea of what was going to happen in that room. Ramsay's crime was not being gentle or romantic and degrading the act by making Theon watch.
Jamie's forced sex with Cersei is even more rapey than Sansa's wedding night. Cersei tried to resist.

Sorry if I cut in
Did jamie ever force himself on cersei
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Aida13: 9:08am On May 06, 2016
Where you guys dey download your episodes sef.

Abeg help a sista out.

Checked everywhere...

But come you guys use spoilers spoil this thread... This was not the way last season...

And yet some mod deleted my post that came days before the premiere when I predicted Jon Snow can't die till we know who his parents are.. *sigh*

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.