Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087775 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 7:13am On May 24, 2016
Moving on from Hodor.

There's something the new priestess said, she called Dany the Prince that was promised because she was born amidst salt and smoke blah blah. And since Mel already thinks it's Jon snow, does anyone see any disagreement coming?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2016
I'm not the Lord Comman..... Yeah close the bloody gate. Gotta love Edd.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:26am On May 24, 2016
gj22:

The face will still work without all that hence the "you don't need training to wear the face.

Am talking about to literally wear the face.
undecided

I could give you a quote but you'll just disagree anyway.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by adexsimply(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2016
gj22:
Moving on from Hodor.

There's something the new priestess said, she called Dany the Prince that was promised because she was born amidst salt and smoke blah blah. And since Mel already thinks it's Jon snow, does anyone see any disagreement coming?
well, Mel has been wrong before so she could be wrong again. As for the new priestess, she could be wrong as well- Lord Varys pointed this out. What if they're both right? Seeing as Dany can only be "the princess that was promised" and Jon "the prince that was promised"? See, I don't even know what to think about GOT again sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 8:21am On May 24, 2016
So Bran Stark and Hodor just shared a 12 monkeys moment.

To me this raises a huge question, since Bran us capable of time travel and altering events that happened before he was even born, how much of GoT is currently 'unscripted'?

How do we know Bran is not manipulating other key events?

What if Theon was actually guided Theon into taking and losing Winterfell, just so it played out that Yara would leave the iron islands with a convenient navy for use by say the new Sansa and Jon alliance?

Danaerys has had some lucky escapes, and I think her roasting of the great Khals was a bit contrived. What if Bran orchestrated that just so Danaerys has an army to bring to Jon? I mean it's looking obvious that Jon and Danaerys are going to fvck - both of them are now being called the chosen ones by the fire priestesses.

Bran Bran Bran. Na you bike.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jonsnow92: 8:36am On May 24, 2016
Bran must have a really big role to play in the wars to come else the boy is just tall for nothing..his importance was y the white walker King wants him dead..
As for hodor i don promise myself say i no go cry for any movie since i watched WE Are Family..So long Hodor
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by jonsnow92: 8:42am On May 24, 2016
adexsimply:
well, Mel has been wrong before so she could be wrong again. As for the new priestess, she could be wrong as well- Lord Varys pointed this out. What if they're both right? Seeing as Dany can only be "the princess that was promised" and Jon "the prince that was promised"? See, I don't even know what to think about GOT again sef.
The thing with all thesr priestesses are they know the past..they know events that has happened in the past to people but thier future predictions are mostly wrong..So when The brilliant Varys was outsmarting the woman..All she needed to do was dig into Varys past and we all know varys hates that part of his life..Hence the look on varys face...However it doesnt mean Varys is right

Whats annoying to me now is the smartness sansa thinks she's playing..Shes been naive once again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 8:54am On May 24, 2016
gj22:
Moving on from Hodor.

This is exactly why I think the significance of last night's episode cannot be overstated.

We know that these priestesses have some knowledge of the past and present. We saw that Melisandre honestly believed the messages from the future that she was told. We saw other priestess being privy to what Varys heard when his balls were burnt off.

Now dig this.

What if Bran is the lord of light? We know from the scene with his father that he can speak to people in the past without necessarily being seen. So he could have spoken to a young freshly castrated Varys that night.

He could have manipulated Mel into getting Stanis to kill Renly, and then his daughter (and remove another claimant to the throne) before hyping him into a battle he couldn't possibly win so that he could be removed from the board there. I mean is it a coincidence that Stanis singlehandedly ended the Baratheon line?

He could then be manipulating these two priestesses into getting Danaerys and Jon Snow together. Jon has pedigree as a warrior, and has stark blood in him, but as a bastard has no claim to the title. As things stand, even if he fights and kills everybody, his nyash cannot touch that chair as he has no name.

Danaerys will need heirs. She cannot marry dario, and jor ah is as good as dead anyway. It makes sense that she hooks up with a half-stark. So Bran could be doing this.

Then there is the whole Azor Ahai thing. Seeing that the books and the series have now sufficiently diverged, there's a chance this prophecy might not play out.

But what if it does? What If Bran believes in this prophecy and is organising things so that Danaerys can fall in love with, and then be killed by Jon, so that he can get the chosen magical sword?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siempere(m): 9:01am On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

This is exactly why I think the significance of last night's episode cannot be overstated.

We know that these priestesses have some knowledge of the past and present. We saw that Melisandre honestly believed the messages from the future that she was told. We saw other priestess being privy to what Varys heard when his balls were burnt off.

Now dig this.

What if Bran is the lord of light? We know from the scene with his father that he can speak to people in the past without necessarily being seen. So he could have spoken to a young freshly castrated Varys that night.

He could have manipulated Mel into getting Stanis to kill his daughter (and remove another claimant to the throne) before hyping him into a battle he couldn't possibly win so that he could be removed from the board there.

He could then be manipulating these two priestesses into getting Danaerys and Jon Snow together. Jon has pedigree as a warrior, and has stark blood in him, but as a bastard has no claim to the title. As things stand, even if he fights and kills everybody, his nyash cannot touch that chair as he has no name.

Danaerys will need heirs. She cannot marry dario, and jor ah is as good as dead anyway. It makes sense that she hooks up with a half-stark. So Bran could be doing this.

Then there is the whole Azor Ahai thing. Seeing that the books and the series have now sufficiently diverged, there's a chance this prophecy might not play out.

But what if it does? What If Bran believes in this prophecy and is organising things so that Danaerys can fall in love with, and then be killed by Jon, so that he can get the chosen magical sword?

Ahswear.....only u can plot a complete coup eh....choi!!!....i fear ur theories oh.....u try...

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 9:05am On May 24, 2016
datigbogirl:

I feel like pounding the shyt outta her pvssy while i look into her green sexy eyeballs as she moans!
WARIS DIS NW?!!!! cheesy

BTW U LES?..

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 9:14am On May 24, 2016
jonsnow92:

Whats annoying to me now is the smartness sansa thinks she's playing..Shes been naive once again

Haha... Y D VITRIOL...?
IS IT CO'S SHE LIED 2 U ABT HW SHE KNEW OF THE BLACKFISH?...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2016
gj22:

Am sorry to hear about your hearing. Hav you figured it out yet?
A man is trying his best.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 9:28am On May 24, 2016
gj22:

thanks. A man is trying his best.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Ignatio(m): 9:43am On May 24, 2016
After Summers death I figured D&D are cutting cost of CGI. Damn they made the direwolf look foolish.

Always knew Children of the forest created the white walkers. It was subtly hidden in the second book. You need to read between the lines.

As for Hodor.... "not all heros hold weapons, some hold doors."
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 9:49am On May 24, 2016
gj22:

thanks. A man is trying his best.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:02am On May 24, 2016
moski5:

how do yu do it watch d shows
the separation from the book is so wide dt I can't stand it
Anyways any pointers from d last 2 happenings(episodes) as to wat we shud expect in buk6!
abeg what website can I use to download old series in mp4 quality.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2016
GODis1derful:
abeg what website can I use to download old series in mp4 quality.

o2tvseries.com

NB hv yu read d books?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 10:14am On May 24, 2016
gj22:
Moving on from Hodor.

She didn't say prince, she said, 'the one that was promised'. I think the interpretation is the key. Milisandre made us believe the one promised was male because she was using prince. But the prophecy never mentioned prince.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:16am On May 24, 2016
moski5:

o2tvseries.com
NB hv yu read d books?
I no of o2tvseries but i can I find old series.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by moski5(m): 10:19am On May 24, 2016
GODis1derful:
I no of o2tvseries but i can I find old series.

em don't quite get yu Do you mean oda series?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ba7man(m): 10:21am On May 24, 2016
Vickyydera:
what's with you guys and crying in episode 5? nothing to cry about pls.
I doubt if you understood what you were watching.

The viewership worldwide agreed it was a highly emotional scene so what are you chatting?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:24am On May 24, 2016
moski5:

em don't quite get yu Do you mean oda series?
yes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by omotoyecable(f): 10:28am On May 24, 2016
Can anyone help with site to download previous episodes
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:43am On May 24, 2016
gj22:
Moving on from Hodor.

Mel is confused. I think Dany is the one they're waiting for. I'm surprised Mel hasn't heard or her yet and still gallivanting around Westeros making mistakes. But I believe Jon has a big role to play in the coming battle between the Walkers and the Living.

I'm yet to understand what the White walkers want though, and why they're fighting the living. Is this one of those Light vs Darkness battle no one seems to understand?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:44am On May 24, 2016
ba7man:
I doubt if you understood what you were watching.

The viewership worldwide agreed it was a highly emotional scene so what are you chatting?
He watched the back of the TV.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 11:08am On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:
So Bran Stark and Hodor just shared a 12 monkeys moment.

To me this raises a huge question, since Bran us capable of time travel and altering events that happened before he was even born, how much of GoT is currently 'unscripted'?

How do we know Bran is not manipulating other key events?

What if Theon was actually guided Theon into taking and losing Winterfell, just so it played out that Yara would leave the iron islands with a convenient navy for use by say the new Sansa and Jon alliance?

Danaerys has had some lucky escapes, and I think her roasting of the great Khals was a bit contrived. What if Bran orchestrated that just so Danaerys has an army to bring to Jon? I mean it's looking obvious that Jon and Danaerys are going to fvck - both of them are now being called the chosen ones by the fire priestesses.

Bran Bran Bran. Na you bike.

it's high time we have a god of snow, don't you agree.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by blackjack21(m): 11:22am On May 24, 2016
Nihilist:

Now dig this.

He could have manipulated Mel into getting Stanis to kill Renly, and then his daughter (and remove another claimant to the throne) before hyping him into a battle he couldn't possibly win so that he could be removed from the board there. I mean is it a coincidence that Stanis singlehandedly ended the Baratheon line?

There is also a theory that Jonn is not a snow.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frasser(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2016
Newbie here cuz of this thread.. Luv d show
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GROOOVE(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2016
Endy10:
Just skip to the hodor part and watch a grown man cry. For those that said they didn't show any emotion, this should be a booster for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x_3aW3eBCE
OMG! actual tears... . Those who dont understand the scene completely wouldnt get it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nihilist: 12:47pm On May 24, 2016
UjSizzle:

Mel is confused. I think Dany is the one they're waiting for. I'm surprised Mel hasn't heard or her yet and still gallivanting around Westeros making mistakes. But I believe Jon has a big role to play in the coming battle between the Walkers and the Living.

I'm yet to understand what the White walkers want though, and why they're fighting the living. Is this one of those Light vs Darkness battle no one seems to understand?

It was explained\shown in the last episode that the Children of the Forest created the White Walkers to protect their forests from man.

Judging by the fact that the first man to be turned was tied up, gagged, and writhing in fear prior to being stabbed in the chest by the object of transformation, I think its fair to say that revenge is a strong motive here...

When you also consider that the orignal raison detre of the white walkers is to kill men, they are less intrinsically evil, and more instinctively predatory towards mankind, kinda like in the way a Lion will hunt and kill a man, without actually 'harbouring an evil thought'

At least that's my understanding of it.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.