Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1086246 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2016
Gmajor:
as in eh. Common sense should have told that dude that no one from the night will join in such a battle

And you've got so much common sense, that you've forgotten that people have rights to their opinions

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Unfathomable: 7:42am On Jun 24, 2016
djlaqua91:

LOL, young man/lady I don't know you from anywhere and you don't know me. How can you, this early morning, just come and write this thing on a civilized thread like this? Come on man. If you disagree with what I wrote earlier;

1) Ignore and move on with your life
2) Engage in a healthy discussion like I did with my learned fellows on this thread.

Please change this attitude, it won't get you far in life. Have a nice day Sir/Ma

Seriously though..there are some very rude kids roaming this thread. Its called a 'discussion thread' for a reason because we all see things differently but lately people have gone from attacking GOT characters to attacking comments contrary to theirs. I don't know why people can't just disagree with a comment without throwing insults around?

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 8:39am On Jun 24, 2016
Unfathomable:

And you've got so much common sense, that you've forgotten that people have rights to their opinions
mtchew.
What is this one talking about
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 8:50am On Jun 24, 2016
Hmmmm.
I can see a lot of pseudo-war veterans in this thread. Well let me ask you these questions.
1)have you ever made a wrong decision before?
2)have you ever made a decision that everyone thought was wrong but for some reason you still went against public opinion?
3)have you ever made a decision with good intention but ended up with a bad result?

Before you start screaming plothole and all that rubbish just know that when 10 individuals face exactly the same situation, the wont all choose that same method in other to surmount that same challenge.
My point?
Even in real life people make mistakes. People make illogical choices

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2016
JhyMedex:

Awesome analysis.. But I don't get D part whr u said littlefinger was in on Red wedding... Care 2 elaborate?.. Tanx

Littlefinger wasn't in on the Red Wedding.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 9:45am On Jun 24, 2016
ITbomb:

No point saving a dead man, rather use his death to advance your position. Halfman was a warrior, he knew this and he used his death to advance position for Jon Snow among the wildlings.

It's war bro, not good intentions

"Halfman" is the Imp... Tyrion.

I think you mean Halfhand... Quorin Halfhand.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by xboyelyusuf(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2016
Coming soon...GOT S06E10.."The Lannister and Freys send their regards"..what does that mean sef?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 11:08am On Jun 24, 2016
xboyelyusuf:
Coming soon...GOT S06E10.."The Lannister and Freys send their regards"..what does that mean sef?
there willl be blood and fury at the freys, you'll see grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Gbola5:

Yes Bro.. Am quite aware of dt.. Wat I meant by "in on" Was did he av a hand in D ploy dt led 2 D massacre at dared wedding?..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ITbomb(m): 11:34am On Jun 24, 2016
kay9:

"Halfman" is the Imp... Tyrion.

I think you mean Halfhand... Quorin Halfhand.
Thanks, corrected
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by KaBabs1: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2016
codedguy1:

I think it would rather unfair to say this about Sansa. She had experienced the brutality and sadistic nature of Ramsay firsthand than anything jon would have imagined.

She knew Rickon was dead from her knowing Ramsay and she told Jon that Rickon was more a threat to him than jon or her, Jon still felt there was a chance to get Rickon back that's why he was more positive than her.

You're right Rickon is more of a threat than Jon and Sansa. But I bet if they were all captured by Ramsay, he'd slay them all.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gbola5:

Those aren't units, the whole cavalry charging doesn't make a unit. We don't enough of Ramsey's capabilities as a military man. All your assertions are on speculation. Also an absolute suprise force doesn't just show up, except in Hollywood.

Ramsey and Jon didn't know of the Vale army so each was fighting with the assumption that the army in front of him was the entirety of the opposition.
Ramsey drafted a plan to make Jon abandon his own plan and make a mistake, and it worked. Jon would have died if not for Ser Davos. Point scored for ramsey.
Jon having abandoned his initial plan and couldn't come up with an alternative, whereas Ramsey applied his to full perfection, even if it meant killing his men.
The goal in a battle is to kill the opposition commander and his army or make them surrender and ramsey was achieving that. Another point score ramsey.
If not for the Vale army, which neither of them knew about, Ramsey would have won and decimated Jon and his army, no doubt.

So yes, Ramsey was I good tactician. I hated the character, but striping him of the one thing he had in abundance is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Endy10(m): 12:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
JhyMedex:

Awesome analysis.. But I don't get D part whr u said littlefinger was in on Red wedding... Care 2 elaborate?.. Tanx

grin And we all knew Little finger loved Catelyn. He even fought for her hand. Right before he killed her sister, he confessed his love for Catelyn

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by djlaqua91(m): 12:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
Unfathomable:

Seriously though..there are some very rude kids roaming this thread. Its called a 'discussion thread' for a reason because we all see things differently but lately people have gone from attacking GOT characters to attacking comments contrary to theirs. I don't know why people can't just disagree with a comment without throwing insults around?

My brother it's quite sad. I frequent Reddit and the Mods there do a fantastic job in regulating spiteful comments. Hope mr. Seun and co. Could work more on that. That is why I don't even like reading the politics section on nairaland. It's too hateful. One love my people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Cybertext(m): 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Okkkay okay okay ....let's stop arguing .... (Ramsay is a Good Sadistic Tactician)

Now let's focus on the last Episode of this series, that will evenually bring us to another 11months of the "Game of Wait"

I hope it will end with a Bang!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2016
JhyMedex:

Do you think little finger didn't know about the plan to execute the starks in the red wedding? If he loved catlyn Stark so much, he should have pre informed her. But knowing that the starks dying would further his ambition, he kept quiet. Littlefinger was friends with the lannisters but helped the tyrells murder Jeffery. He was friends with the tyrells but helped cercie put Loras in prison. He claimed to be friends with the starks but betrayed Ned when he knew Ned's plan of making stannis king didn't fit his ambition. Make no mistakes, he isn't in love with sansa. Cuz if he was, he wouldn't let her marry Ramsey in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 4:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Endy10:

Ramsey and Jon didn't know of the Vale army so each was fighting with the assumption that the army in front of him was the entirety of the opposition.
Ramsey drafted a plan to make Jon abandon his own plan and make a mistake, and it worked. Jon would have died if not for Ser Davos. Point scored for ramsey.
Jon having abandoned his initial plan and couldn't come up with an alternative, whereas Ramsey applied his to full perfection, even if it meant killing his men.
The goal in a battle is to kill the opposition commander and his army or make them surrender and ramsey was achieving that. Another point score ramsey.
If not for the Vale army, which neither of them knew about, Ramsey would have won and decimated Jon and his army, no doubt.

So yes, Ramsey was I good tactician. I hated the character, but striping him of the one thing he had in abundance is wrong.
A good tactician? Yes. A better tactician would stay in winterfell and let Jon and his army come to them. Jon didnt have the men nor the weapons for a siege.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ilynem(m): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gbola5:

Are you saying little finger didn't know about plans to assassinate the starks in the wedding?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by djlaqua91(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
Just re-watching season 1 and saw the scene where Sansa snitched on Ned Stark to Cersei. If only she knew the future sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Frankiss44(m): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gmajor:
Did you guys notice that Ramsey killed a lot of his men via arrows? Even if he won the battle of the bastards people wont be too willing to follow him to battle again

Exactly.. Dude knew he had the numbers hence he sacrificed most of his men just to win the war.. That was stupid
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Guest01:
Targaryens

That's a stark banner.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Gbola5:

You don't survive horsemen surrounding you on foot the way Jon did, he even hit one so hard he flew out his horse. How did blood not get into his eyes, or how wasn't he trampled to death. All these things are cool for visual effects, but they are unrealistic.

Shouldn't you be watching a documentary?

6 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
JhyMedex:

Yes Bro.. Am quite aware of dt.. Wat I meant by "in on"
Was did he av a hand in D ploy dt led 2 D massacre at dared wedding?..

He wasn't in on that as well.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
ilynem:

Are you saying little finger didn't know about plans to assassinate the starks in the wedding?

Littlefinger is not Varys.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

You can have fantasy, that is still realistic.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:24pm On Jun 24, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

You can have fantasy, that is still realistic.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

You? Never seen you on this thread before cheesy

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:28pm On Jun 24, 2016
While dem boys are arguing over battle strategies, I'm just going to sit here and salivate over this meaty hunk of a man now that Ramsay is dead cheesy

Goodbye Kit Harrington
Hello Iwan Rheon-- my new Man Crush Everyday kiss

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 10:33pm On Jun 24, 2016
Vickydera this one's for you cheesy

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by simi4me(m): 10:47pm On Jun 24, 2016
The greatest mistake that lost Ramsay the battle was him killing close to half of his men through arrows just to reduce Jon's army. Even if you have more men than your enemy, you don't go about killing your own men to get to your enemy, u may need them someday. Had he had this thinking, he would have reserved some of his men n go head to head with jon. As the Knights of the vale show up, he might have had more reserve men to call up even though he had no idea of the Knights of the vale showing up.
That was the most stupid battle strategy i have ever seen. And it cost him his life.
Now his words will disappear
his name will disappear
his family name will disappear
Every memories of him will disappear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
ilynem:

A good tactician? Yes. A better tactician would stay in winterfell and let Jon and his army come to them. Jon didnt have the men nor the weapons for a siege.

How is that a better tactic to show people that you are great at war?

Read up the meaning of tactics.

A tactician is someone good at planning tactics: the specific means of accomplishing goals. A strategy is an overall plan for accomplishing something. Tactics are the steps taken to carry out the strategy. If someone is skilled at coming up with tactics, they are a tactician.

His goal was not just to win but to show the other houses that he was good at war. Der davos said this in that battle night meeting.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by JhyMedex: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
ilynem:

Do you think little finger didn't know about the plan to execute the starks in the red wedding? If he loved catlyn Stark so much, he should have pre informed her. But knowing that the starks dying would further his ambition, he kept quiet. Littlefinger was friends with the lannisters but helped the tyrells murder Jeffery. He was friends with the tyrells but helped cercie put Loras in prison. He claimed to be friends with the starks but betrayed Ned when he knew Ned's plan of making stannis king didn't fit his ambition. Make no mistakes, he isn't in love with sansa. Cuz if he was, he wouldn't let her marry Ramsey in the first place.
Aye Tanx ... Is dis retrospective speculation or u actually av a scene 2 support ur thesis... Dt Littlefinger had a hand..

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.