Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087803 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 3:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
elrony:

Them go soon kee our Grey Worm for this coming season cheesy cheesy

I dey feel for the guy anytime him dey look Missande.

You know, i don't remember if it was ever confirmed whether its just the stones they cut, or if the pillar is taken away too...

Everybody on GoT is a possible candidate for horrible gruesome death... everybody except Jon Snow. cool
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 3:44pm On Feb 14, 2017
armadeo:

You underestimate Jon snow.
He's one of the best swords man in the world.
He would take the mountain.

Jamie would kill the viper easily. From the books point of view.
He would also kill the moumtain.

IMO
She is stronger than I am. The realization chilled him. Robert had been stronger than him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both Cleganes for a certainty. The Mountain’s strength was like nothing human. It did not matter. With speed and skill, Jaime could beat them all.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 3:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
elrony:

Them go soon kee our Grey Worm for this coming season cheesy cheesy
I dey feel for the guy anytime him dey look Missande.
Dat tin bahdt oh! cheesy
Look but don't touch
Smell but don't taste
Have but can't ch****k lipsrsealed
cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Gbola5:

She is stronger than I am.
The realization chilled him. Robert had been stronger than
him, to be sure. The White Bull Gerold Hightower as well, in his
heyday, and Ser Arthur Dayne. Amongst the living, Greatjon
Umber was stronger, Strongboar of Crakehall most likely, both
Cleganes for a certainty. The Mountain’s strength was like
nothing human. It did not matter. With speed and skill, Jaime
could beat them all.

Speed and skill was what the red viper was about too, plus he was a more reknowned duelist! #team_red_viper

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2017
kay9:

You know, i don't remember if it was ever confirmed whether its just the stones they cut, or if the pillar is taken away too...

Everybody on GoT is a possible candidate for horrible gruesome death... everybody except Jon Snow. cool

Stones! #nut_clipped embarassed
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
Jon is the better sword, Robb is the better lance. But Robb has more charisma in battle, he is able to lead men efficiently than Jon and come up with offensive strategies, plus he has been in more battles than Jon. Robb was faster as well. But Jon, lacks this charisma, although he has his morals, would rather look at the bigger picture, and won't hesitate to dirty his hands, he can be ruthless and pragmatic. They both learned from The Ned though, in terms of leadership and battles.
Now I don't get the hype for Jon though. He's just a little above average if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
Gbola5:
Jon is the better sword, Robb is the better lance. But Robb has more charisma in battle, he is able to lead men efficiently than Jon and come up with offensive strategies, plus he has been in more battles than Jon. Robb was faster as well. But Jon, lacks this charisma, although he has his morals, would rather look at the bigger picture, and won't hesitate to dirty his hands, he can be ruthless and pragmatic. They both learned from The Ned though, in terms of leadership and battles.
Now I don't get the hype for Jon though. He's just a little above average if you ask me.

Grandmaester G, I wondered when you'd show up...

In Ned Stark's voice:
I looked for you during the heated "Jon Snow vs. The Mountain" battle of wits yesterday... I argued with examples and BraniacX argued with passion, and SIRcumalot finally bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you'd be there... cheesy cheesy

Aiit, just tell me this: From your encyclopedic knowledge of GoT/ASOIAF lore, do you think Jon Snow (at his present skill and expereince level) will beat Gregor Clegane (not Robert Strong oo) in a duel TO THE DEATH? Give as many references as you feel like (we enjoy reading them!).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2017
kay9:

In Ned Stark's voice:
I looked for you during the heated "Jon Snow vs. The Mountain" battle of wits yesterday... I argued with examples and BraniacX argued with passion, and SIRcualot finally bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you'd be there... cheesy cheesy

Aiit, just tell me this: From your encyclopedic knowledge of GoT/ASOIAF lore, do you think Jon Snow (at his present skill and expereince level) will beat Gregor Clegane (not Robert Strong oo) in a duel TO THE DEATH? Give as many references as you feel like (we enjoy reading them!).
As a member of the free folk,you know that kneeling only happened in your mind. cool
I never expect to change anybody opinion,just to say enough to make my case and show that am not totally crazy.
Still am interested in who Gbola5 go pick.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:11pm On Feb 14, 2017
I wee send the books later today. ..

Bear with me
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:14pm On Feb 14, 2017
kay9:

LMAOOOgrin @ "stones and pillars" grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
BraniacX:

Dat tin bahdt oh! cheesy

Look but don't touch

Smell but don't taste

Have but can't ch****k lipsrsealed

cheesy

That enslavement no get equal!
Even slaves for Capua dey tear things upandan. grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 8:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
Sir Gregor is dead buh his gbola lives on in Robert Strong.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
kay9:

In Ned Stark's voice:
I looked for you during the heated "Jon Snow vs. The Mountain" battle of wits yesterday... I argued with examples and BraniacX argued with passion, and SIRcumalot finally bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you'd be there... cheesy cheesy

Jon is just a boy, the Mountain is regarded as physically unstable, i dont see Jon standing a chance. Jon couldn't even beat Mance disguised as Rattleshirt, and I don't think Ghost will be of any help either. As for quotes, Jon never thinks of the Mountain that Rides, so no references.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 10:54pm On Feb 14, 2017
Gbola5:

Jon is just a boy, the Mountain is regarded as physically unstable, i dont see Jon standing a chance. Jon couldn't even beat Mance disguised as Rattleshirt, and I don't think Ghost will be of any help either. As for quotes, Jon never thinks of the Mountain that Rides, so no references.

Man in westerosi terms is age 16 and above so jon is a man and has shouldered a man's burdens many times over, this duel is just hypothetical and for reasons still hidden from me i fancy the white wolf beating the mountain that rides (not sir robert strong though)
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:04am On Feb 15, 2017
Gbola5:

Mmmm... food for thought.

I think Jon as portrayed in GoT will stand a chance, though. Or maybe i'm just letting sentiment cloud my judgement.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 11:41am On Feb 15, 2017
Gbola5:

You have your answer.
May thier path never cross.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 15, 2017
kay9:

In Ned Stark's voice:

Forgive me for such interruption, in my opinion being non-sentimental i believe Jon will defeat Ser Gregor, The Viper almost succeeded in ending Gregors life if not for his time wasting antics sad. The Viper tactics was quite simple, he used the ''Hit and Run'' tactic and it worked to full effect on the Gregor who would take half an hour to swing his sword in one direction.... Jon and The Viper have similar fighting styles, difference is Jon wastes no sec in ending any threat on his life (except for that young lad who betrayed him at the wall).... I sincerely believe that Jon would down The Mountain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BraniacX(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Forgive me for such interruption, in my opinion being non-sentimental i believe Jon will defeat Ser Gregor, The Viper almost succeeded in ending Gregors life if not for his time wasting antics sad. The Viper tactics was quite simple, he used the ''Hit and Run'' tactic and it worked to full effect on the Gregor who would take half an hour to swing his sword in one direction.... Jon and The Viper have similar fighting styles, difference is Jon wastes no sec in ending any threat on his life (except for that young lad who betrayed him at the wall).... I sincerely believe that Jon would down The Mountain.

You haven't read the books so you're forgiven for your assumptions and i confess a teensy weeny "lil bit of sentimentality in my support of jon over the mountain that rides...........its more like, i will want jon to whoop the mountain silly because we all love the starks grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 12:32pm On Feb 15, 2017
GloryIsaac:

There was poison in the spear that 'the Viper' used, which slowed down 'the mountain'.
Ser Gregor was so huge to withstand the poison for long, if it were to be an ordinary man, the poison wouldn't let the person have the strength to fight again.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 3:07pm On Feb 15, 2017
Jon wields swords in duel. The viper wields his spear (poisoned or not) with guile. Jon cant beat the mountain in sword game, the sheer physical strength of the mountain is sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by losprince(m): 3:23pm On Feb 15, 2017
GloryIsaac:

fine point! To defeat the mountain as Bron said all you need is speed and dancing around and poking his guts full holes but one misstep and... But the white wolf is not one to misstep. he has long claw and with the way he fights he could just be able to move around the mountain and cause serious damage as he goes along.

In my opinion I think Jon might even stand a better chance against the mountain the the finest swordsman...

Yeah, ser Arthur dayne

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 4:17pm On Feb 15, 2017
losprince:
fine point! To defeat the mountain as Bron said all you need is speed and dancing around and poking his guts full holes but one misstep and... But the white wolf is not one to misstep. he has long claw and with the way he fights he could just be able to move around the mountain and cause serious damage as he goes along.

In my opinion I think Jon might even stand a better chance against the mountain the the finest swordsman...

Yeah, ser Arthur dayne
You can't poke and run with swords. Jon is not a dirty fighter. I have never seen Jon wield any other weapon save a sword. The mountain will dispatch him in no time in the sword game.
The Tyrell boy, Loras, inspite being a decent swordsman used trickery in defeating the mountain at the jousting.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 4:21pm On Feb 15, 2017
Brienne of tart was unable to defeat the hound with sword until she used her size and went medieval on him.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by elrony(m): 1:12am On Feb 16, 2017
Books sent ,edit your mail addresses .

Enjoy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2017
Akanniade:

You can't poke and run with swords. Jon is not a dirty fighter. I have never seen Jon wield any other weapon save a sword. The mountain will dispatch him in no time in the sword game.
The Tyrell boy, Loras, inspite being a decent swordsman used trickery in defeating the mountain at the jousting.

Well, in a match of life and death I believe Jon won't think twice in choosing his greatest chance of survival.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 16, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2017
GloryIsaac:

Well, in a match of life and death I believe Jon won't think twice in choosing his greatest chance of survival.
Hmmm, I laugh in Asshai grin. The hype for Jon snow is just because of his renown.
Unless the the sevens and the lord of the light guarantees it, with the vouching of the drowning god, I dont see Jon snow beating the montain in a duel.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
kay9:

In Ned Stark's voice:

So nobody got the reference? Really? Well, its only the most iconic dialogue in the entire GoT/ASoIaF universe...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
kay9:

So nobody got the reference? Really? Well, its only the most iconic dialogue in the entire GoT/ASoIaF universe...
Tower of joy.
Most iconic dialogue in your opinion.
This knee bending thing,Is really messing with Me.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 6:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
SIRcumalot:

Tower of joy.
Most iconic dialogue in your opinion.
This knee bending thing,Is really messing with Me.

Bet the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne felt the same way. wink

But hey, you can cheer now, seeing as Gbola5 basically Arthur Dayne'd our arguments with his opinion that Snow is most certainly not the bees' knees.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by SIRcumalot: 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
kay9:

Bet the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne felt the same way. wink

But hey, you can cheer now, seeing as Gbola5 basically Arthur Dayne'd our arguments with his opinion that Snow is most certainly not the bees' knees.
Because I can't understand how you arrived at this conclusion that I somehow conceded.
If you removed your sentiment out of it,you would've arrived at the same conclusion that I share with Gbola5.

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.