Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087690 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by nani667: 2:46am On May 26, 2017
17/07/17...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by pamcode(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2017
kay9:

Saw it about an hour ago. Noticed a couple of things...

- Daenerys lands first on Dragonstone... and it appears Melisandre is there as well.
- The Unsullied make short work of Cersei's forces... but i bet it won't stop D&grin from pulling a plot amor and make her miraculously win after all.
- Arya is north, way up north... beyond the Wall?
- Jon putting the hurt on Littlefinger... but i doubt he kills him.
- Was that Jorah's hand?
- It appears Ellaria Sand has hooked up with Yara...
- That shot of Theon, mmm, i don look taya, can't glean anything from it.
- It appears Euron will make it rain fire at sea.
- No shot of Ghost.
That Greyworm and mellisandre scene is it my eyes or he was been undressed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Friedyokes: 12:08pm On May 26, 2017
mrletsgo:
I've not read the books and I don't plan on doing so till the series ends. Abeg una wey don read the books make una no confuse those of us wey neva read am. ABEG
the book stopped at where danny was stranded in the dothraki sea ...the movie has passed the book ..so no worries
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 12:26pm On May 26, 2017
Gbola5:

-Dragonstone is a lot different than when Stannis was there though. They didn't need to change it.
-See that's the problem, Cersei shouldn't have any forces.
-A theory in the books is that Euron will bring about a battle of blood (there's the battle of ice, and the battle of slaver's bay), he will raise kraken's from the sea by luring them out with blood, he plans to dye the sea red. Have you read The Forsaken chapter ?

How so? Jaime completed his Riverun Expedition and has returned to Kings Landing. At the very least, Cersei should have the Lannister force behind her (plus the Kings guard or "queens guard" seeing she now sits the iron throne).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 3:12pm On May 26, 2017
kay9:

Nope! Not in the least. I'll be the first to sing what an outstanding job the show producers have done - casting, production sets, effects - best I've seen on the small screen. But look what happened as soon as the source material got exhausted, huge plot holes started yawning everywhere. Mind you, all that still doesn't even slightly diminish my excitement for season 7, plot holes and all... but i honestly hate to imagine what will happen with a spin-off.

While I share most of your sentiments, I'd be interested in getting deeper insights into Aegon's conquest of the seven kingdoms, old Valyria, Aerys (mad kings) rule, and the most important of all what Podrick Payne did to Littlefingers whores that made him a sexual legend in Kings Landing (for educational purpose of course cool).

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by trublvr(f): 3:50pm On May 26, 2017
kay9:

Saw it about an hour ago. Noticed a couple of things...

- Daenerys lands first on Dragonstone... and it appears Melisandre is there as well.
- The Unsullied make short work of Cersei's forces... but i bet it won't stop D&grin from pulling a plot amor and make her miraculously win after all.
- Arya is north, way up north... beyond the Wall?
- Jon putting the hurt on Littlefinger... but i doubt he kills him.
- Was that Jorah's hand?
- It appears Ellaria Sand has hooked up with Yara...
- That shot of Theon, mmm, i don look taya, can't glean anything from it.
- It appears Euron will make it rain fire at sea.
- No shot of Ghost.

It would make sense for Melisandre to be there. Earlier shots from filming locations last year showed Daenerys meeting Jon on the walls of Dragonstone, along with his Hand (Davos) and the Red Priestess.
The closing shot from last season clearly shows ships from Dorne and The Reach, so she has obviously forged strong alliance with the Sand Snakes and the Tyrell forces.

Grey Worm will die.

That hand you saw? That was a wight or an Other, possibly reaching through the grate in the ice corridor under the Wall. Thanks to Bran, the Night King can now pass without being harmed by the spells in the Wall.

The wolf hound that plays Ghost died this week, may he RIP.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by BoleAndFish: 9:47pm On May 26, 2017
Finally found this thread!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lh19(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2017

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 27, 2017
Lol....GOT has become a religion.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:56pm On May 27, 2017
^^
I am the watcher on the couch grin grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 8:58pm On May 27, 2017
BoleAndFish:
Finally found this thread!

Well... its only the most popular thread on NL TV/Movies section.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Lh19(m): 10:59pm On May 27, 2017
kay9:
^^ I am the watcher on the couch grin grin
Seriously the guy tried
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 1:24am On May 28, 2017
I am the watcher on the couch
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Davidhero(m): 7:11pm On May 28, 2017
Finally....

Just joined.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fanficgirl(f): 9:05pm On May 28, 2017
Hello my fellow Game of Thrones fanatics!@
Canyon believe I just found this threads. Anxiously waiting for season 7
Hopefully seadpn 7 will have a Rheagar scene! He's my favorite character!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 10:20pm On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:
Hello my fellow Game of Thrones fanatics!@
Canyon believe I just found this threads. Anxiously waiting for season 7
Hopefully seadpn 7 will have a Rheagar scene! He's my favorite character!

The show never show Rheagar all, yet he's your favorite character, that means you are book reader.

And i think the book only told legends about Rheagar, not from his POV.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fanficgirl(f): 10:36pm On May 28, 2017
oyetpel:

The show never show Rheagar all, yet he's your favorite character, that means you are book reader.

And i think the book only told legends about Rheagar, not from his POV.
Never read the books too boring cheesy. Just snippets of book descriptions of him and the little scenes in the series.
Regardless, by his description he's my favorite and tied with Oberyn cheesy
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oyetpel(m): 10:39pm On May 28, 2017
fanficgirl:

Never read the books too boring cheesy. Just snippets of book descriptions of him and the little scenes in the series.
I always look forward to Arya's scenes,, loved Margery too.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fanficgirl(f): 10:48pm On May 28, 2017
oyetpel:

I always look forward to Arya's scenes,, loved Margery too.
I love Arya as well. Hope she shows them all. I'm ao sad Margery died cry
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by oswaggiee(m): 1:36am On May 29, 2017
GAME OF THRONES SEASON 7 OFFICIAL TRAILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu0z2C2RYTI
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by LeSulk(m): 9:39am On May 29, 2017
Full breakdown of the trailer is here

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/05/26/gif-breakdown-game-thrones-season-7-trailer/

They said that battle between the Unsullied and the Lannisters is actually at Casterly Rock. So, I guess maybe Cersei retreated to the Rock.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2017
fanficgirl:

What if I told you he was a rapist ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2017
Santino1:

How so? Jaime completed his Riverun Expedition and has returned to Kings Landing. At the very least, Cersei should have the Lannister force behind her (plus the Kings guard or "queens guard" seeing she now sits the iron throne).

The Lannister forces were spent in battling Robb Stark, his Northmen and Riverlords. Tywin split his host in two and gave half to Jaime in biseiging Riverun at the time of Tyrion's capture. Jaime's host was defeated at the Whispering Woods, and what was left of it fled or roaming. Tywin battled some 2000 North men at the Red Fork near the Inn of the Kneeling man, although winning, still suffered losses. Not to mention the Oxcross defeat by Robb Stark. Tywin sends some men off with Clegane to rape and reave the Riverlands, where they encounter the Brotherhood Without Banners, the Brave Companions, the Bloody Mummers and other outlaws, some men dying in the encounters. Then on hearing news of Robb Stark holding the Westerlands, Tywin tries to march but is stopped a number of times by Edmure Tully at the Red Fork as it crosses Riverrrun (although Robb was trying to lure Tywin to the West). After making no progress Littlefinger makes it in time to tell Tywin about an alliance with the Tyrells, which leads Tywin to Blackwater. There he battles Stannis, of which some of his men probably died, no battle is one sided. Now there's also a battle with Roose Bolton that happens behind the scenes, in which Lannister forces must have died. At this point the Lannisters are depending on the Tyrell alliance for their army, since theirs is spent. Jaime is sent to Riverun alright, and with only Lannister forces, but at this point they are few enough. Cersei broke the Tyrell alliance when she killed Margaery and Loras. She blows up the sept of Baelor, but what you don't see are the unidentified faces and extras in in the scene, who are there to represent the Lords and Ladies of the Reach and the Westerlands, she blows up her houses' bannermen, who provide forces to House Lannister. So tell me why does House Lannister still have so many forces in the trailer ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 1:23pm On May 29, 2017
^^I get your point (but that's because I have also read the books).

As per the show, Only Cersei and Qyburn (plus the audience of course) know what really happened at the Sept of Baelor. The rest of the noble lords and citizens can only guess without any shred of evidence. Thus, I see no reason why the Lannister forces should dessert Cersei at this point.

Also, while I agree with you that the Lannister forces must have been very depleted owing to several losses the suffered (Robb, BWB, Riverlands and so on) the show massively downplayed these losses and I recall Tywin remarking that only the Tyrell forces could rival the Lannisters. So I believe Cersei having the Lannister forces doesn't sound so outrageous (and is perhaps even more consistent with show so far).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fanficgirl(f): 1:38pm On May 29, 2017
Gbola5:

What if I told you he was a rapist ?
Rheagar wasn't a rapist. Its obvious lyanna and him eloped and liked each other (lyanna was niave though and probably throught she was in love with the Prince...who wouldn't be though!). Rheagar was onsessed with prophesies but not a rapist. If anything Robert holds that title better
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2017
LeSulk:
Full breakdown of the trailer is here

http://winteriscoming.net/2017/05/26/gif-breakdown-game-thrones-season-7-trailer/

They said that battle between the Unsullied and the Lannisters is actually at Casterly Rock. So, I guess maybe Cersei retreated to the Rock.
the unsuliess fight on the open field is actually agaist sam dad soldiers house tully. I know for sure
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by newguy1(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2017
Ithink this season will disappoint allot of us strictlyyy because of too many stories n scences to just fit into 7hours talking of euron sea fight with dany d dragon vs d krakans, etc fingers crossed sha
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by siegfried99(m): 10:00pm On May 29, 2017
cheesy grin

I am the fire that burns the hand that tries to change the channel grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:54am On May 30, 2017
fanficgirl:

Rheagar wasn't a rapist. Its obvious lyanna and him eloped and liked each other (lyanna was niave though and probably throught she was in love with the Prince...who wouldn't be though!). Rheagar was onsessed with prophesies but not a rapist. If anything Robert holds that title better
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:55am On May 30, 2017
fanficgirl:

I'm not exactly saying he was a rapist. But there's no evidence that he ran off with her and didn't rape her. Like you said he was obsessed with prophecy. His obsession caused a lot of damage. What the hell was he thinking? Robert never raped anyone.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2017
Santino1:
^^I get your point (but that's because I have also read the books).

As per the show, Only Cersei and Qyburn (plus the audience of course) know what really happened at the Sept of Baelor. The rest of the noble lords and citizens can only guess without any shred of evidence. Thus, I see no reason why the Lannister forces should dessert Cersei at this point.

Also, while I agree with you that the Lannister forces must have been very depleted owing to several losses the suffered (Robb, BWB, Riverlands and so on) the show massively downplayed these losses and I recall Tywin remarking that only the Tyrell forces could rival the Lannisters. So I believe Cersei having the Lannister forces doesn't sound so outrageous (and is perhaps even more consistent with show so far).

Then why did Olenna decide to support Dany. There are no Lannister forces or little enough to desert Cersei. Cersei's army 'shouldn't' stand a chance against Dany's.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Santino1(m): 10:17am On May 30, 2017
Gbola5:

Then why did Olenna decide to support Dany.

That has nothing to do with the strength or otherwise of the Lannister forces. As the Queen of thorns remarked herself "Cersei took the future from me". It is not survival she seeks but vengeance (S06E9&10). A clear case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"

There are no Lannister forces or little enough to desert Cersei.

Like I mentioned earlier, she has the remnant of the force that took the Riverrun for the Freys plus the Kings guard. That's not nothing.

Cersei's army 'shouldn't' stand a chance against Dany's.

On this we agree and the show hasn't proven au contraire yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.