Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087566 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 02, 2013
ekt_bear: I watched the first 5 minutes of the first episode on Netflix, found it hella boring. I guess I'll give it another shot.

*face palm*

There's a reason why GOT and TWD have mutual fans! There's no one or the other. You either like none or like both. So start watching again! Na command o! angry

By the way, the first five minutes of the first episode are boring. The remaining 40 or so are intriguing lol.

ekt_bear: Braun is a frikkin beast. Love that guy.

Btw, Tywin Lannister? He was somewhat underdeveloped in the book in my opinion. But really shines in the TV show.

[size=13pt]I haven't read the books. The first one is collecting dust on my dresser. Maybe I'll start it this summer lol.[/size]
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by PhysicsQED(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2013
I read the first book and I thought it was pretty good. I might get around to reading the other books by the summer.

Then after I'm done reading the whole song of ice and fire series, I'll probably start watching the show on couchtuner or maybe download or buy it.

The written works that shows or movies are based on are pretty much always better than the shows or movies themselves so I wouldn't want to spoil the story with the show before reading the books, although I think The Walking Dead is an exception.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ektbear: 8:19am On Apr 02, 2013
ogugua88:
[size=13pt]I haven't read the books. The first one is collecting dust on my dresser. Maybe I'll start it this summer lol.[/size]

The books are ridiculously good. Like...if you are into fantasy/military stuff, you'll love them. I highly recommend diving in.

PhysicsQED: I read the first book and I thought it was pretty good. I might get around to reading the other books by the summer.

Then after I'm done reading the whole song of ice and fire series, I'll probably start watching the show on couchtuner or maybe download or buy it.

The written works that shows or movies are based on are pretty much always better than the shows or movies themselves so I wouldn't want to spoil the story with the show before reading the books, although I think The Walking Dead is an exception.

GoT is one of those cases where the TV show is is just as good as the book. Like, the TV show adds depth to certain characters that simply didn't show up in the novels (at least for me). The Tywin/Tyrion dynamic is just one example.

Also, George RR Martin had prior experience in TV and evidently has had lots of creative control of the show...this helps to keep quality high.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by VillageBoi(m): 9:59am On Apr 02, 2013
Ok I am now a 'follower'. Last night I watched the first episode of season 1 and now I confess I stayed up all night and finished the whole season... sod the sleepy trouble I'm in right now... It WAS completely worth it!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 10:00am On Apr 02, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I haven't read the books. The first one is collecting dust on my dresser. Maybe I'll start it this summer lol.[/size]
If you can avoid reading the books until the end of this season or the next one, it may be better to do so. The show is far more interesting if you don't know what's going to happen in each episode.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ijebabe: 10:33am On Apr 02, 2013
Even though I know how it all ends, the cast have done an amazing job that I don't miss an episode!

If you haven't read the books or watched this show yet, ur really missing story telling at its best!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 02, 2013
Omagawwwd!!, I'm so following this thread, I love this show so much, it's so full of suspense. I havnt read the book, not planning to either cos I prefer the show
Btw, I love Arya!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ijebabe: 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2013
If you love Arya then brace yourself grin
I love her too BTW
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 5:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
ijebabe: If you love Arya then brace yourself grin
I love her too BTW
That girl get survival instinct no be small. She and the half man are my favorites.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 5:31pm On Apr 02, 2013
Seun:
If you can avoid reading the books until the end of this season or the next one, it may be better to do so. The show is far more interesting if you don't know what's going to happen in each episode.
True talk. I learnt not to read book before tv series, with James Clavell book Shogun. The books are always so much more engaging and detailed; you will find lots of subtle omissions in the t.v.
TV on the other has a magic of its own with suspense and brilliance of its actors. I recommend t.v before book to anyone.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Darray(m): 6:52pm On Apr 02, 2013
I love seeing Arya, John Snow and the dwarf. The acting is so on point.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2013
I'm not watching it until it gets on iTunes. tongue Season 1 was the best, season 2 quite a bore.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kunlefox(m): 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
I read the first book at NYSC camp then during those drilling times..it was tasty,and the plus side is that the actors on the show has done some massive job in bringing all the characters to life, that's what's given the show the edge it got over other book cum tv series. I love it!
As it looks now Daenerys got everything she needs to mount a claim for the throne...this season should be good as well.
@PhysicsQED
I'll like to read some of your fanfictions though since we kinda watch same shows.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
stillwater: I'm not watching it until it gets on iTunes. tongue Season 1 was the best, season 2 quite a bore.
I have it on good authority that Season 3 and 4 will be the very best ones. You don't want to have it spoiled for you by TV watchers.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
stillwater: I'm not watching it until it gets on iTunes. tongue Season 1 was the best, season 2 quite a bore.

14 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Akanniade(m): 2:17pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^That was hilarious. HBO cant keep spinning out good series and expect us to wait forever.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Bawss1(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
^
^
LOL. I've got no qualms whatsoever for using torrents.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by teeluv(m): 3:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
meen.. that was a long wait.. kaai.. thank you HBO.. and project free tv...

I still think this is one of the best fantasy series ive come across in a long time..
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2013
what is it about ?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dljbd1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
lordZOUGA: I don't get..

did that dragon just cook its food before it ate?
Wow! There are dragons in this series? Wow! I've so gon start watching it
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by decode55(m): 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
is it really[size=8pt][/size] out?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by dljbd1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Missonas(f): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
naijainfogalery: The best Season Film Ever "Game of Thrones" My favourite character Tyrion Lanister. That dude always crack me up with his tricks.

The people i always look forward to is :
Tyrion Lanister
Lord Baylish (i hope i got the spelling)
Queen Sessi (i dont like her though but she is a good player which makes me always looking forward to seeing her)
Aaya (Ned Starks daughter)
Mother of Dragon(Kalhesi) Cant wait to see those dragon burning down Jophrey (The bastard King) i love their lineage (Mad King to the Drunk King and now the bastard King)

My favourite quote is when Tyrion lanister met John Snow during the feast when King Robert came to Winterfell
Tyrion - Your uncle is in the Nightswatch, ive always wanted to see the wall
John Snow - You are Tyrion lanister the Queens brother
Tyrion Lanister - My Greatest Accomplishment, And you? You are Ned Starks bastard arent you?
John Snow (started walking away)
Tyrion lanister - Sorry if i offend you, You are the bastard though, Never forget what you and the whole world will not, wear it like an armour and it can never be used to hurt you
John Snow- What the Hell do you know about being a bastard
Tyrion Lanister - All dwarfs are bastards in their fathers eye

If you havent seen this movie, Aaaaaaaw sorry you are missing not forgetting the fact that its full of Romance, back Stabbing and its epic nature.

Same sentiments
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
For the Night is dark and full of terrors!

And who are you?....the proud Lord said, that i must bow so low.....
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by storm0210(m): 5:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
Obinnau: Damn is season 3 out on DVD?

Dude the season just started on sunday...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RedLight1: 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
wow the season 3 is out

i love this movie men
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 03, 2013
naijainfogalery: The best Season Film Ever "Game of Thrones" My favourite character Tyrion Lanister. That dude always crack me up with his tricks.

The people i always look forward to is :
Tyrion Lanister
Lord Baylish (i hope i got the spelling)
Queen Sessi (i dont like her though but she is a good player which makes me always looking forward to seeing her)
Aaya (Ned Starks daughter)
Mother of Dragon(Kalhesi) Cant wait to see those dragon burning down Jophrey (The bastard King) i love their lineage (Mad King to the Drunk King and now the bastard King)

My favourite quote is when Tyrion lanister met John Snow during the feast when King Robert came to Winterfell
Tyrion - Your uncle is in the Nightswatch, ive always wanted to see the wall
John Snow - You are Tyrion lanister the Queens brother
Tyrion Lanister - My Greatest Accomplishment, And you? You are Ned Starks bastard arent you?
John Snow (started walking away)
Tyrion lanister - Sorry if i offend you, You are the bastard though, Never forget what you and the whole world will not, wear it like an armour and it can never be used to hurt you
John Snow- What the Hell do you know about being a bastard
Tyrion Lanister - All dwarfs are bastards in their fathers eye

If you havent seen this movie, Aaaaaaaw sorry you are missing not forgetting the fact that its full of Romance, back Stabbing and its epic nature.

Its Baelish...Petyr Baelish. Just FYI.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
Abbeg his name is Lil Finger grin

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by tjskii(f): 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
[quote author=ekt_bear)
:I've been thinking about starting up Walking Dead, but no time for a new series right now grin[/quote]

Come wats d craze for dis walking dead sef,I av a frend who dosnt let me breathe,evrythn is walkin dead walkin dead undecided,is it as nice as d supernatural series,if someone can tell me it is,I'll watch it cheesy
As for game of thrones,I don't realy lik epic movies,wth all dia ballgowns,chainmails and wierd english(takes me down memorylane to d days of reading macbeth and hamlet for literature,bleurghh)

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tayo2k7: 5:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
Waiting for the fifth part of the book!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by GagaBoy: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
Love this series so effin much! Best series out now, simply unmatched! M Team kahlesi love cerci too cuz she is a queen bitch. This is such an epic series.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
dl_jbd: I swear, you get work Ooo undecided

u wey con quote the whole cartoon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.