Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1087865 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 10:29pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nipeks:
Has Greyjoy/Reek paid enough for his sins or should he suffer more?

Ahhhh! D guy don SUFFER!!! He has done some evil dids but he's suffered too much! As in he sleeps in a dog's cage... He's bcom an animal, d fact dt he stil helped salsa is stil a mystery to me cos his mind was brainwashed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by CountDracula(m): 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2015
Dragonking:

Oh boy, the season don almost finish na..we had a thread all these while..Penny dreadful is highly rated as GOT but very few people know about this.

I replied ur post on the PD thread, you were right about the hound of God but I don't think Dorian is Dracula.

Jus finished episode 9... Why?? *crying*

Why?? My favorite black slave trader has died ... Life is unfair
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jaymaestro(m): 1:04am On Jul 01, 2015
I have just started this show , and i think it's peculiar for It is hard to have a favourite character-constant deaths and its indepth .

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Dragonking: 10:55am On Jul 01, 2015
vickerz:

penny dreadful sucks.

Let him watch it. Stop being a hater.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
Jaymaestro:
I have just started this show , and i think it's peculiar for It is hard to have a favourite character-constant deaths and its indepth .

Welcome to the fold. What episode are you in and what r ur thoughts soo far?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Jaymaestro(m): 5:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
gj22:

Welcome to the fold. What episode are you in and what r ur thoughts soo far?
Avoiding spoilers, root episodes . I think the script writer is insanely brilliant_ I will be stupid to have a fav character ..saw a number of em died .the characters have been remarkable down to the young actors . Each plotline is followed up closely and the scenarios are great . ' however, i do value the power play and mind games between petyr and a plump dude and the wit of tyrion-dwarves are clever'tho

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Jaymaestro:
Avoiding spoilers, root episodes . I think the script writer is insanely brilliant_ I will be stupid to have a fav character ..saw a number of em died .the characters have been remarkable down to the young actors . Each plotline is followed up closely and the scenarios are great . ' however, i do value the power play and mind games between petyr and a plump dude and the wit of tyrion-dwarves are clever'tho

Petyr vs varys were some of the highlights of earlier seasons. Top quality word wars.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2015
I read they want to take it beyond the book.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by armadeo(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
centje:
I read they want to take it beyond the book.

They should. It seems the next book ain't ready yet and might not be ready by season 6. So its left to the writers to do what they like.

I heard snippets of the upcoming book are out there but I can't read such,?so its interesting to see what comes up.

BTW Brandon stagk wasn't shown in the last season.

Do we await the dawn of a dragon warg?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
who are those saying jon snow will be back

That guy was throughly stabbed lipsrsealed

Cercei's b*obs tho grin

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by geezyk(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
Jarizod:
who are those saying jon snow will be back

That guy was throughly stabbed lipsrsealed

Cercei's b*obs tho grin
Amazing things do happen in the GOT universe, Lets wait and see 10 more months to go...

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tgirl4real(f): 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
I still don't get how Joeffery's poisoning was executed. Can someone explain?

The guy is one good actor sha.

2 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:17am On Jul 06, 2015
Tgirl4real:

When Littlefinger was sent as an envoy to persuade the Tyrells, and to plant the notion of a Tyrell marriage to the crown. He formed an alliance with Lady Olenna. Now see LF is this sort of guy who thrives from chaos, were his position can change and nobody will notice. When Petyr reached Highgarden to negotiate the marriage alliance between the Tyrells and the Lannisters, he had his men spread disturbing tales among Lord Tyrell's servants about King Joffrey's cruelty. This lead to Olenna Tyrell, also known as The Queen Of Thornes, who is Mace Tyrell's mother, enter into the negotiations with misgivings about a match between her granddaughter and the new king. Though Petyr praised King Joffrey to make it sound like he had no part. And since the Tyrells want Tyrell blood on the throne, decided not to use Joffrey. See they were tricked, even though Joffre was cruel, they wouldnt have known, not really until they came to King's Landing.
However, Lady Olenna wasn't convinced
this solution was for the best. She knew that Loras was hot tempered, and should Joffrey mistreat Margaery, it was likely Loras would kill Joffrey(King Slayer soup) and cause a disaster of epic proportions for their house. But Lady Olenna realized that she did not need Joffrey to make Margaery queen, since there's Tommen. Petyr allowed Olenna to hatch the plot to murder Joffrey herself. Also it made no matter to LF, he was only to secure the alliance of the South with the king in order to give him the title he needed to wed Lysa Arryn, and make him Lord Paramount, Lord of Harrenhal. So they'd just be killing someone who he has no need of anymore for him. Once he knew what she was planning, gave her Sansa to use. He had a part in the assasination by allowing Ser Dontos Hollard give her a black amethyst necklace laced with a poison called the Strangler. Sansa didnt know this though, didnt know she was being framed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 7:50am On Jul 06, 2015
PART II

Now after the Battle of Blackwater, after the Tyrells and Lannisters had joined forces, LF asked for his reward, in brockering the alliance he was granted Lord of Harrenhal, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands(wouldnt get into much detail in this, cuz this is another plot by him for something bigger). He foiled the Tyrell plan to marry Sansa to Loras(Willas, his brother, in the books, because Loras is inthe King's guard), and said to Sansa, "Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you." That marriage he foiled would work against him. So then he was sent to woe Lysa Arryn,and to secure the Vale under the crown(this is another plot and one of the reasons for the first), cuz there was a chance they could join the Starks since they were related. Before he left, however, he approached King Joffrey about a wedding present, and as with any gift from Petyr Baelish, it had an alternative purpose. Since he had foiled the marriage between Sansa and Loras, and since he needed Sansa widowed for his future plan, you could almost say, he planned for Tyrion to be framed, as he approached Joffrey. How is unclear though, but he can just plant the notion and stuff,like he did when Joffrey ordered Ned killed(yes, he was the one who made Joffrey) or with the Tyrells. He had already framed Tyrion once, he would do it again. He of course helped this along by suggesting to Joffrey that having a mock joust between dwarfs during the wedding would upset Tyrion, turning him against Joffrey at the wedding. Then he sets off for the Vale, or did he ?(not a question). Now at the weddding feast, you'll recall that one of those Sansa meets is Olenna, she came to greet Sansa, because Ronb and Cat had just died, you'll recall Olenna touching her, touching her neck, that's when she removed one of the stones, she somehow got it into Joffrey's chalice, but it was also a gamble for her, since man and wife share the same everything on the feast, if Margaery had drank from the cup as well it would be bad for the Tyrells, fortunately she didnt. So Joffrey dies, Sansa escapes, Tyrion is left on the dias examining the cup, and then we see Joffrey pointing at him,blaming Tyrion. That's how it happened. Also there was a scene, Margaery and Olenna were in the maidenvault, after Joffrey had died, Olenna tells her it wasnt Tyrion, then you see her touching Margaery's necklace, removing a stone from it like she did with Sansa. That's for those that are observant. Well that's how it happened.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 12:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
Tgirl4real:

Lol. The guy above me does love his fantasy shows.

The long and short of the matter is, Olenna (Margery's mum) knew that Jeoffrey was an abusive and cruel guy. She asked sansa about it and she confirmed it. Margery wants to be queen (or the Tyrells want a portion of the throne) so, she connived with LF to end his reign knowing that Tommen will succeed him and he is a nicer person. Olenna admits this to Margery that she would never let that cruel savage (jeoffrey) lay his filthy hands on her granddaughter.

Sure, you might want some more in depth explanation, read the reply by Gbola5. But this is the summary of it all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by landinfo: 4:52am On Jul 07, 2015
If U are in the "Bad-Bookz" of the list below, pray thee that the White-Walkers kill u cos it would be cruel to die @ the handz of following list: if na lie, ask the last girl of the Stark family

1. Arya stark

2. Sansa Stark

3. Cersei Lannister

4. Khaleesi

5. Jon Snow

6. The 2 little stark boyz
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2015
landinfo:
If U are in the "Bad-Bookz" of the list below, pray thee that the White-Walkers kill u cos it would be cruel to die @ the handz of following list: if na lie, ask the last girl of the Stark family

1. Arya stark

2. Sansa Stark

3. Cersei Lannister

4. Khaleesi

5. Jon Snow

6. The 2 little stark boyz

snow is dead... Waiting for the next season
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tgirl4real(f): 8:55pm On Jul 07, 2015
gj22:

Lol. The guy above me does love his fantasy shows.

The long and short of the matter is, Olenna (Margery's mum) knew that Jeoffrey was an abusive and cruel guy. She asked sansa about it and she confirmed it. Margery wants to be queen (or the Tyrells want a portion of the throne) so, she connived with LF to end his reign knowing that Tommen will succeed him and he is a nicer person. Olenna admits this to Margery that she would never let that cruel savage (jeoffrey) lay his filthy hands on her granddaughter.

Sure, you might want some more in depth explanation, read the reply by Gbola5. But this is the summary of it all.

Ermm...I know all this already. I know how it was plotted. What I am asking is the execution. How did the poison get to Joeffery? GOT never answered this.

Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tgirl4real(f): 9:00pm On Jul 07, 2015
Gbola5:
PART II

Now after the Battle of Blackwater, after the Tyrells and Lannisters had joined forces, LF asked for his reward, in brockering the alliance he was granted Lord of Harrenhal, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands(wouldnt get into much detail in this, cuz this is another plot by him for something bigger). He foiled the Tyrell plan to marry Sansa to Loras(Willas, his brother, in the books, because Loras is inthe King's guard), and said to Sansa, "Always keep your foes confused. If they are never certain who you are or what you want, they cannot know what you are like to do next. Sometimes the best way to baffle them is to make moves that have no purpose, or even seem to work against you." That marriage he foiled would work against him. So then he was sent to woe Lysa Arryn,and to secure the Vale under the crown(this is another plot and one of the reasons for the first), cuz there was a chance they could join the Starks since they were related. Before he left, however, he approached King Joffrey about a wedding present, and as with any gift from Petyr Baelish, it had an alternative purpose. Since he had foiled the marriage between Sansa and Loras, and since he needed Sansa widowed for his future plan, you could almost say, he planned for Tyrion to be framed, as he approached Joffrey. How is unclear though, but he can just plant the notion and stuff,like he did when Joffrey ordered Ned killed(yes, he was the one who made Joffrey) or with the Tyrells. He had already framed Tyrion once, he would do it again. He of course helped this along by suggesting to Joffrey that having a mock joust between dwarfs during the wedding would upset Tyrion, turning him against Joffrey at the wedding. Then he sets off for the Vale, or did he ?(not a question). Now at the weddding feast, you'll recall that one of those Sansa meets is Olenna, she came to greet Sansa, because Ronb and Cat had just died, you'll recall Olenna touching her, touching her neck, that's when she removed one of the stones, she somehow got it into Joffrey's chalice, but it was also a gamble for her, since man and wife share the same everything on the feast, if Margaery had drank from the cup as well it would be bad for the Tyrells, fortunately she didnt. So Joffrey dies, Sansa escapes, Tyrion is left on the dias examining the cup, and then we see Joffrey pointing at him,blaming Tyrion. That's how it happened. Also there was a scene, Margaery and Olenna were in the maidenvault, after Joffrey had died, Olenna tells her it wasnt Tyrion, then you see her touching Margaery's necklace, removing a stone from it like she did with Sansa. That's for those that are observant. Well that's how it happened.

Thanks for explaining this well laid out plan. grin

Hmm...the part I missed though is how lady Olenna got the poison to him.

Thanks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tgirl4real(f): 9:04pm On Jul 07, 2015
Gbola5:

When Littlefinger was sent as an envoy to persuade the Tyrells, and to plant the notion of a Tyrell marriage to the crown. He formed an alliance with Lady Olenna.

I can't remember watching this part. I know he was sent by Tyrion to negotiate with Cathlyn Stark on exchanging Jamie with the 2 Stark girls. It was there he met Margery who says she doesn't want to be a queen but she wants to be THE QUEEN. He then took the proposition to Tywin. I believe that is how this alliance started.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tgirl4real:

Thanks for explaining this well laid out plan. grin

Hmm...the part I missed though is how lady Olenna got the poison to him.

Thanks.

She found a way most like. Maybe she threw it or like she did with Sansa, went up to the dais to give her regards and compliments and must have sneaked it in. She just found a way.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07, 2015
Tgirl4real:

I can't remember watching this part. I know he was sent by Tyrion to negotiate with Cathlyn Stark on exchanging Jamie with the 2 Stark girls. It was there he met Margery who says she doesn't want to be a queen but she wants to be THE QUEEN. He then took the proposition to Tywin. I believe that is how this alliance started.

It happened in the background. LF only summarized it to Sansa. However he didnt fully summarize it to her like he did in the *huh* *scratches head*. They skipped it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Tgirl4real(f): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2015
Gbola5:

She found a way most like. Maybe she threw it or like she did with ansa went up to the dais to give her regards and compliments and most have sneaked it in. She just found a way.

Thanks.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by olyrayy(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Gbola5:

It happened in the background. LF only summarized it to Sansa. However he didnt fully summarize it to her like he did in the *huh* *scratches head*. They skipped it.
with your analysis on Jeoffery's murder, I am tempted to read the books.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:21am On Jul 08, 2015
Tgirl4real:

Ermm...I know all this already. I know how it was plotted. What I am asking is the execution. How did the poison get to Joeffery? GOT never answered this.

Thanks anyway.

There was a time olenna was talking to sansa at the wedding and was asking about the necklace. My guess is that's when she picked the poison from it and then put it in jeoffrey's cup after he set it down or so.

Just a guess, like you said, they didn't really say it in the show.

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.