Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,040 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) - TV/Movies (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) (1085242 Views)

[SPOILERS ALERT] MARVELS Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D - Fan Thread / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kannymoore(m): 9:58pm On May 28, 2015
blublahd:

His father is Rhaegar Targaryen, how doesnt that suffices?

I thought his father is Ned Stark?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:00pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

Ehm yes it is.

If the show hasn't mentioned such and you are spilling it here because you have read the SOURCE MATERIAL, how's that not spoilers? Jesus.

If it was implied in the books but not the show, it's still spoilers.

Not if its past a stage in the show where it can no longer be a spoiler.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 10:19pm On May 28, 2015
gj22:

That's like saying cerci is in prison because the show writers write it that way...obviously

Can anything happen in the show that the writers did not write? :s

You over think things a lot. Just sit down and enjoy the show. His plan might work, it might not work but that's not the point I was making. The main thing is.... HE HAS AN ARMY AND WILL FIGHT FOR HIS CAUSE USING THE KINGS NAME.

Lol. Dude seriously. So, you know his character more than the writers right? Lol.

When has his plans never depended on someone else? He told lysa to poison Jon aryn and accuse the lannisters in a letter sent to her sister. Is that not dependent on others actions?

His plan was genius. He framed sansa for Joffrey's murder, snuck her to Winterfell and married her to the bolton's then told cerci that he heard stories that sansa was sported in Winterfell and he betrayed them. If you say it was a novice plan, you know nothing.

Seriously man, if you watch a show as a critic, you won't enjoy it.

I dont watch it as a critic, but im not blind to see its flaws. His plan isnt genius, either the other characters are that dumb or it was made to work. What reason do The Lords Declarant of the Vale(who dont like him) have to give him an army, he gave Bronze Yohn the heir to the Vale, which is his only leverage as Lord Protector of the Vale(he isnt lord of the Vale), then he gives Sansa to the Boltons securing their position in the North, and bets on the winner between Stannis and Roose. And tells Cersei of the Ramsey-Sansa marriage, as if Sansa wasnt being accused for regicide and no one was looking for her. Then says he'll march his army(if he gets one) north to they victor, like he'll sneak through Moat Cailin with winter arriving. The plot has flaws, i dont think they expect the casual viewer to notice but some actually do. And its not about comparing to the books, without the books it still looks flawed.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by luxanne(f): 11:25pm On May 28, 2015
So joffery had to die for ramsey to be borne? This ramsey character is way sicker and his death would be also I guess, can't wait. Feeling sorry for sansa.

No bran scene in ep6&7, bhet why? I can't wait to see him fly sad
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:41am On May 29, 2015
Seun:
Why not go to the book thread to discuss book matters? https://www.nairaland.com/1548262/questions-theories-trivia-asoiaf-game

Tell 'em!!!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:44am On May 29, 2015
ApexTitan:
Seun has repented. In the past he had no tolerance for discussions outside the TV series and used to hand out lengthy bans like chin chin. Methinks its his new found love for Dornish women that has changed his heart.

I tire o. I'm even forming mod for him here tongue

Seun:
At some point we stopped enforcing the no spoiler rule. Should we start again?

Hmm, no. Gbola5 and co sure spill spoilers like nobody's business, but I have to admit the dude keeps the thread warm somewhat... And the show is so far-gone, even spoilers are mostly just back-stories now. I say let it be.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:47am On May 29, 2015
Csami:

Well, with all the speculations going on and some strong point some people presented, tyrion may or may not be a targaryen. For Jon snow, I doubt if he has dragon blood in him. My reason is this, if you have dragon blood that makes you immune to fire abi? But snow got burnt while killing two men of the night's watch that turned to white walkers.

Ehh, no it doesn't. Lots of Targaryens (both pure-blooded and otherwise) actually died by fire in the past. As a matter of fact, the source of the tv show (= author) hasn't been clear at all on what guarantees resistance to fire/heat, just like what qualifies one as a dragon-rider is also ambiguous. A number of Targaryen dragon-riders were actually killed - and in one instance EATEN - by dragons!
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:57am On May 29, 2015
kannymoore:

I thought his father is Ned Stark?

Who knows?? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Why don't you give it some thought... think it long and hard... who do you think his father (and mother!) is?

1 Like

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:20am On May 29, 2015
Gbola5:

Goodluck with that.

Goodluck with what? You think it's impossible? Lol. I am among a number of large communities of spoiler free game of thrones fans on the internet. This is the only place where no one cares about the rules.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:24am On May 29, 2015
Gbola5:

Not if its past a stage in the show where it can no longer be a spoiler.

That's not how spoilers work man. If it hasn't been implied in the show, it's a spoiler. Plain and simple. If the writers wanted us to know that piece of info, they will have included it already.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 3:30am On May 29, 2015
Gbola5:

I dont watch it as a critic, but im not blind to see its flaws. His plan isnt genius, either the other characters are that dumb or it was made to work. What reason do The Lords Declarant of the Vale(who dont like him) have to give him an army, he gave Bronze Yohn the heir to the Vale, which is his only leverage as Lord Protector of the Vale(he isnt lord of the Vale), then he gives Sansa to the Boltons securing their position in the North, and bets on the winner between Stannis and Roose. And tells Cersei of the Ramsey-Sansa marriage, as if Sansa wasnt being accused for regicide and no one was looking for her. Then says he'll march his army(if he gets one) north to they victor, like he'll sneak through Moat Cailin with winter arriving. The plot has flaws, i dont think they expect the casual viewer to notice but some actually do. And its not about comparing to the books, without the books it still looks flawed.

Not that I agree with you o but just for argument's sake....

Let me ask you something, why do you think it's the "flaw" in the story? Why don't you think it is littlefinger that has a poor judgment? Just like cerci misjudged the high Sept guy.

Because everything you mentioned sounds like littlefinger's poor judgement to me not an actual "flaw" in the story.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:15am On May 29, 2015
kay9:

Ehh, no it doesn't. Lots of Targaryens (both pure-blooded and otherwise) actually died by fire in the past. As a matter of fact, the source of the tv show (= author) hasn't been clear at all on what guarantees resistance to fire/heat, just like what qualifies one as a dragon-rider is also ambiguous. A number of Targaryen dragon-riders were actually killed - and in one instance EATEN - by dragons!

That's what im trying to say. Dany isnt immune, nor any Targ, she just has a strong resistance, Aerion Brightflame and the greenand blacks during the dance with dragond for example got burned, Rhaenyra got eaten. Her walking into the pyre was a one time thing, somewhat magical.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:16am On May 29, 2015
gj22:

Goodluck with what? You think it's impossible? Lol. I am among a number of large communities of spoiler free game of thrones fans on the internet. This is the only place where no one cares about the rules.

No, goodluck with show theories.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:17am On May 29, 2015
gj22:

That's not how spoilers work man. If it hasn't been implied in the show, it's a spoiler. Plain and simple. If the writers wanted us to know that piece of info, they will have included it already.

I think they just decided it wasnt relevant, that people will get confused.(They actually think we're stupid).
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gbola5(m): 6:19am On May 29, 2015
gj22:

Not that I agree with you o but just for argument's sake....

Let me ask you something, why do you think it's the "flaw" in the story? Why don't you think it is littlefinger that has a poor judgment? Just like cerci misjudged the high Sept guy.

Because everything you mentioned sounds like littlefinger's poor judgement to me not an actual "flaw" in the story.

The plan is flawed, and if somehow he still makes it out of it, its bad writing than the sand snkaes or Dorne.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by fibial: 11:35am On May 29, 2015
I just want Sansa's husband d**k b cut off just like Reeks own grin
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by augster(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2015
Mehn i've missed game of thrones...just started watching season 4 again today
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by hertz9te(m): 12:12pm On May 29, 2015
watching the newest episode.......superb..so sansa was bleeped afterall......bloody weakling she is...now she wants to enlist the help of another weakling(theon).....so screwed...going back
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by philfearon(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2015
Ramsey is badass,and so is the Sept man(their leader)..
Imagine a situation where he decides to use the said Laws to target peeps particularly, he will rule Winterfell per se...
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by help3852: 5:43pm On May 29, 2015
Episode 8 to be released on Sunday May 31st

Episode 9, June 7

Episode 10, June 14

season 6, next year
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by RamsayBolton: 5:52pm On May 29, 2015
fibial:
I just want Sansa's husband d**k b cut off just like Reeks own grin

Don't hate the Flayer, hate the Game!

cool cool cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by UjSizzle(f): 5:54pm On May 29, 2015
Gbola5:

That's what im trying to say. Dany isnt immune, nor any Targ, she just has a strong resistance, Aerion Brightflame and the greenand blacks during the dance with dragond for example got burned, Rhaenyra got eaten. Her walking into the pyre was a one time thing, somewhat magical.
Exactly. That was magic and Khal Drogo plus that hag she burned were the sacrifice.
If she was so immune to fire we wouldn't see her shying away from Viserion's and Rhaegon's fire.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Seun(m): 9:29pm On May 29, 2015
Please click like if you want me to take action against spoilers. If I get many likes then I'll do it (it's time-consuming so I have to be sure)

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by lordhugo(m): 9:44pm On May 29, 2015
Seun:
Please click like if you want me to take action against spoilers. If I get many likes then I'll do it (it's time-consuming so I have to be sure)

I think a better way is for active people to mention you and at least give a sentence or two behind their reason.

You are Oga Seun and your plenty plenty followers from other sections and threads without a drop of westerosi blood/vested interest in this subject will click like just because of your comment.

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 12:25am On May 30, 2015
Seun:

I don't think there's much "spoil-able" parts left, but its just my opinion. What i am more concerned with is giving both sides a fair hearing: what of people who do NOT want action against spoilers? How to indicate?
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 9:58am On May 30, 2015
kay9:

I don't think there's much "spoil-able" parts left, but its just my opinion. What i am more concerned with is giving both sides a fair hearing: what of people who do NOT want action against spoilers? How to indicate?

Lol. The title of the thread specifically says [NO SPOILERS]. They should go and create their thread and tag it [YES SPOILERS].

Do you know what it feels like to get all the suspense and thrill behind game of thrones taken away from you?

Just imagine if you knew Nedd would die or Robb and his wife.. or even Jeofrey. I thought daenerys was going to die in that fire, I never expected the great Khal drogo to die. I didn't even think magic was real in Westeros until that guy brought the other guy back to life in the brotherhood without banners. I thought melisandre's magic was fake until she opened her legs and baby-smoke-monster popped out. They have Dragons...DRAGONS!!!

This is the thrill of being a show watcher,not knowing what will happen, but book readers just keep shoving their spoilers down our throats and ruining it for us.

No more suspense again. Soo sickening.

3 Likes

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by gj22(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2015
------------------------------------------------------

I am sorry for the rant. Let me not be selfish. Let me propose a system.

Spoilers should be written with smaller font (5pt) and a strikethrough and maybe an italics.

[size=5pt][s]like this... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... In the books.... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... In the books.... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... In the books....

While this text is still visible, it will atleast alert people to read at their own risk.
[/s][/size]

----------------------------------------------------------
If you are not sure if it's a spoiler, still tag it.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by ApexTitan(m): 10:42am On May 30, 2015
There is little left for book readers to use as spoilers, the TV series and the books have now started going seperate ways.
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Nobody: 10:49am On May 30, 2015
ApexTitan:
There is little left for book readers to use as spoilers, the TV series and the books have now started going seperate ways.

abi....it even adds more suspense. Like the sansa episode
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by Gmajor(m): 10:57am On May 30, 2015
Gbola5:

this your theory is kinda flawed. in the season one we saw subtle clues that she is resistant to fire, like when she walked into a very hot bath her servants prepared for her and also when she retrieved her dragon eggs from the fire, she wasn't burnt yet her servant who touched the egg was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (Beware Of Spoilers) by kay9(m): 11:37am On May 30, 2015
ApexTitan:

^^ what I meant by little "spoil-able" parts left.

Still, gj made valid points... and his rant apology is accepted as well. cool

Anyway, the Action against Spoilers post already has 14 likes, so I guess the ayes have it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (859) (Reply)

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.