Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. (2684 Views)

FG To Replace N5,000 Monthly Stipend For Unemployed Youths —ngige / FG Approves Immediate Payment Of 413 Billion Naira To Oil Marketers / A Better Alternative To N5,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by dwkoko(m): 7:24am On Apr 01, 2013
A few weeks after the Senate and the House of Reps kicked out a bill seeking to enable jobless graduates in the country receive a N15,000 monthly allowance credible reports have it that the Goodluck Jonathan led Federal Government has decided to pay unemployed graduates in the country a N16,000 monthly allowance. The allowance it is understood will be paid to all regular graduates of accredited Nigerian universities till they secure a job or attain the age of 30 years.

Senator Anyim Udeh had earlier sponsored a bill entitled “An Act to provide social security for unemployed graduates and aged in Nigeria,” and proposed a budget of N12.7 billion for the scheme.

The Senator in arguing his case had said: “The social security Bill is in compliance with section 14 of the 1999 Constitution. It is more so, because over 70 per cent of our people live below poverty level. Creating the social security scheme in which unemployed graduates and the aged will have minimum wage to live on will help tackle the problem of poverty.”

Though the bill failed to scale through reports from Presidential sources say the President has already approved the budget for the Social Scheme for Unemployed Graduates and the first payouts will commence in 2014. It is expected that the decision will be ratified next tomorrow at the weekly Executive Council Meeting and a bill sent from the Presidency to the Senate for the creation of an agency under the joint supervision of the Ministry of Youths and the Education Ministry to coordinate the vetting and payment disbursement process.

Some anonymous sources from the opposition say the President may be using this as a way to get the younger and more numerous voters to his side as countdown to 2015 begins.

Whatever may be the case the country’s millions of unemployed graduates will certainly be hoping to see this come to fruition.

To ensure the scheme starts hitch free the Ministry of Education has released guidelines on registration of Unemployed graduates to benefit from the monthly allowance.

If you are an unemployed graduate reading this CLICK HERE for information on Guidelines as released by the Ministry of Education

CLICK HERE: http://blog.ngcareers.com/914/federal-government-approves-n16000-monthly-allowance-for-unemployed-nigerian-graduates/
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Super1759: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2013
Its not about "approval" it is the implementation that we await...

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by lamol: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2013
April Fool!!!
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 02, 2013
I don pass 30years so nothing for me? that one na lie! I must bring down my age to 25.I must be paid for all the years i stayed without getting a job. grin

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 02, 2013
Alice in wonder land. "Nobe" only money even vehicles for mobility will be given out to unemployed graduates. Dreamers
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Ngwakwe: 10:14am On Apr 02, 2013
My sister, you don become Agboro girl for real grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

berem: I don pass 30years so nothing for me? that one na lie! I must bring down my age to 25.I must be paid for all the years i stayed without getting a job. grin
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2013
Ngwakwe: My sister, you don become Agboro girl for real grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

na you sabi o! I must collect my own National cake! this one no fit pass me lai lai! grin
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by ochukoccna: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2013
Government wey no fit pay subsidy na hin wan pay unemployed graduates? shocked shocked
Na APRIL FOOL be this one na angry angry angry
Thunder fire your joystick and ya mama left yansh grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2013
RuShing to the law court to swear affidavit*

That I was born on 01 April 1990
That my birth certificate was washed away during the last flood in Kogi state.

Signed, Commissioner for oath! grin grin grin

*slips him rumpled 500 naira*

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by sexiestchic(f): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2013
tchidi: RuShing to the law court to swear affidavit*

hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahah
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by adahib: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
nigeria is ripe for social security and all.it shouldn't be an issue for debate.the sad thing is that the money won't get to the unemployed youths who need it.the big ogas will put a hundred names each for themselves.they will end up abusing the scheme,but then again,everthing is abused in nigeria.
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Itulah(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2013
April Fool!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by vizboy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2013
If this is for real them i would say nice development but if na april fool then i go give them big thumbs down
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by sunnyt1(m): 4:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
The problem with our country is, as soon as this kicks up, people ( graduate and non graduate ) will start abusing it by looking for ways to collect double allowances.
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 02, 2013

baaadt geh!
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by DICKtator: 5:54pm On Apr 02, 2013

looks at the 500 naira note*
wetin be this?
you no get TONTO eHN? my dike eh!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by vanstanzy(m): 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2013
Great! Now expect another twist to the money when its been released. As usual na, trust Nigerians to abuse whatever,

whenever and wherever. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by vanstanzy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
Super1759: Its not about "approval" it is the implementation that we await...

Told them, proper implementation na the koko, and not approval. Lets safely cross the river first be4 getting over-

excited.
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by 1stPaPa: 6:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
berem: I don pass 30years so nothing for me? that one na lie! I must bring down my age to 25.I must be paid for all the years i stayed without getting a job. grin
If is been Implemented it will be very Good, God Help and Bless our Country Nigeria.
Re: FG Approves N16,000 Monthly Allowance For Unemployed Nigerian Graduates. by Ezedon(m): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2015
Can this really work out

(1) (Reply)

"A Pitiable Dismal Bismal" In The Words Of Obahiagbon. / Why the SS/SE alliance will spell the downfall of GEJ in 2015. / Jonathan Can't Win Any Northern State- Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.