Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,773 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

What The Bible Says About April Fool - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About April Fool (929 Views)

Before You Get Fooled By Misleading Write Ups About "April Fool". / The Bible Says There Is No Such Person Named Abraham Hagar And Sarah / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Says About April Fool by Techwriter: 3:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
The Bible contains everything. both ancient & modern. The Bible's book of Proverbs already wrote something about April Fool before the first recorded history of Fools Day(research it). Hear the Bible:

"Someone who tricks someone else and then claims that he was only joking is like a crazy person playing with a deadly weapon"
Prov 26:18-19 NIV
Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by PastorOluT(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
Techwriter: The
Bible contains everything. both ancient & modern. The Bible's book
of Proverbs already wrote something about April Fool before the first
recorded history of Fools Day(research it). Hear the Bible:

"Someone who tricks someone else and then claims that he was only joking
is like a crazy person playing with a deadly weapon"
Prov 26:18-19 NIV

I like d way u use d scripture 2 clarify it, bt have my reservation on types of joke.
Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by Yvete(f): 3:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
The Bible warns against associating with fools, but concerning April fools, I think it depends on the end result; consequences of a prank.

There is a thin line between obvious 'light foolery' and dangerous tricks. It’s one thing to play a joke that leaves someone feeling gullible or a bit foolish. It’s another to cause physical harm. To my understanding, it means that we should be careful of people that always claim to be joking when they do something wrong.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by Alfamann: 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2013
Some poeople life really revolve around an old book.
Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by Smooyis(m): 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2013
Alfamann: Some poeople life really revolve around an old book.
The BiBle is the Word of God for mankind. Its content is as relevant today as it was at begining. So do not make a mockery of it by calling it an old book. In it you find life and life abundantly. God bless u

4 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by PastorOluT(m): 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
Alfamann: Some poeople life really revolve around an old book.

And what does ur life revolve around?
Re: What The Bible Says About April Fool by Alfamann: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2013
Smooyis: The BiBle is the Word of God for mankind. Its content is as relevant today as it was at begining. So do not make a mockery of it by calling it an old book. In it you find life and life abundantly. God bless u

I can see that you are yet to read the book.

(1) (Reply)

Proverbs / A Woman And A Silversmith / Prophetic Guerrilla Warfare Season 4 (war Against Mammon Demons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.