Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,507 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:49 PM

Genius Android Phone From Glo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Genius Android Phone From Glo (12082 Views)

7 Ways To Protect Your Phone From Been Hacked. / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / Codes For Tapping Calls With Your Phone From Another Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
Globacom Limited is currently selling one Android phone called Genius in their Gloworld shops across Nigeria.
Although the manufacturers of the phone is unknown, as Glo bluntly turned down my enquiry stating that, it is not for 'public consumption'.
According to Glo, should you buy the phone, you will be entitled to 18k/sec to all network, 2k/sec to one special number, 200MB Internet data every month for 12 months, upon the recharge of N500 done monthly.
The price of the Glo Genius phone is N22,000 available from any Gloworld shops in Nigeria. The phone's specifications according to Glo are:-
- Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread
- 1GHz Processor
- 3.5 HVGA Capacitive Display
- 512MB RAM
- 512MB ROM
- WiFi b/g/n
- WiFi Direct
- 3MP Rear Camera
- 0.3MP Front Camera
- 1400 mAh Battery
- Dual Sim
The phone specifications is not available on their website anyway but, what I posted was a tweet Glo sent me. Check it on a their website here http://www.gloworld.com/genius.asp

Nairalanders, does this Genius phone worth the price that Glo tagged it? Let's hear your views. Thank you.

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2013
This phone shouldn't be more than 12k.

Single core
3MP camera
512 rom.....
Probably sim lock.

Intact, no one should buy if you can't use other providers sim card. This nonsense, after all you are paying cash.

2 Likes

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 6:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
petaling: This phone shouldn't be more than 12k.

Single core
3MP camera
512 rom.....
Probably sim lock.

Intact, no one should buy if you can't use other providers sim card. This nonsense, after all you are paying cash.
Yes, the phone is of low Android OS and the price ought to be lower than as it is advertised by Glo but, I am sure it is not network locked since it is a dual Sim phone.
By the way, who have used this phone before?
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Ossaifamous(m): 6:43pm On Apr 01, 2013
petaling: This phone shouldn't be more than 12k.

Single core
3MP camera
512 rom.....
Probably sim lock.

abi o in fact self I rather use n3 techno
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
Ossai famous:
abi o in fact self I rather use n3 techno
Hehehe. But the phone fine small sha
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Francheezy(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
THIS PH0NE D0ESNT W0RTH D PRICE
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 7:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Francheezy: THIS PH0NE D0ESNT W0RTH D PRICE
Well for now, Glo is selling it for N22,000
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by nsidible(f): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2013
i will dm glo care to ask if they can sèll d fone without d freebies.cuz it says save #10000.so let them remove d freebe nd sell only d phone for me.#22000-10000=12000.if glo will sell diz phone #12000 some body shöuld flash me then.as for now.i can't waste my money..cuz i can't start tweeting at gloworld for monthly 200mb.lyk d gbam madness
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
nsidible: i will dm glo care to ask if they can sèll d fone without d freebies.cuz it says save #10000.so let them remove d freebe nd sell only d phone for me.#22000-10000=12000.if glo will sell diz phone #12000 some body shöuld flash me then.as for now.i can't waste my money..cuz i can't start tweeting at gloworld for monthly 200mb.lyk d gbam madness
That will be a good move. Me too I go dm them now.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
Now to this-

if the network selling this phone was

1. MTN. No probs. Extortion is thier hallmark.

2. Airtel. Na to dey look them. After all the network is as worthless as a filty socks, in terms of data and voice.

3. Etisalat. No gbe ge. because l assume they thot we all have Oil Wells like them.

But it wasn't introduced into the market by the above three but a full blooded Nigerian owned network introduced

''A low specd smartphone powered by an ancient version of Google mobile OS''

Glo thought we have forgotten the BB 3gb fiasco. No instead of buying that FOOLISH Android Phone Glo, l will do these-

1. Buy the more advanced Infinix Race Bolt for 25k after adding 3k.

2. Buy 2 Tecno N3. 1 for me and the other my Broda.

OR
If l need a network branded Android smart phone l will go to any of the networks as follows-

1. Buy an Etisalat Gaga phone that has proper community support out there.

2. Walk into an MTN office and get the high specd Infinix Buzz X450 with Android 4.0 for 16k and stil keep 6k for mtn BIS downloads.

3. Sluggishly walk into an Airtel owned shop and get a Tecno N3 for 13k with 9k change in ma pocket. The Tecno has a better support and after sale service here in naija.

To hell with Glo.

Francheezy: THIS PH0NE D0ESNT W0RTH D PRICE

3 Likes

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
aze: Now to this-

2. Airtel. Na to dey look them. After all the network is as worthless as a filty socks, in terms of data and voice.

3. Etisalat. No gbe ge. because l assume they thot we all have Oil Wells like them.

But it wasn't introduced into the market by the above three but a full blooded Nigerian owned network introduced

Glo thought we have forgotten the BB 3gb fiasco. No instead of buying that FOOLISH Android Phone Glo, l will do these-

OR
If l need a network branded Android smart phone l will go to any of the networks as follows-

2. Walk into an MTN office and get the high specd Infinix Buzz X450 with Android 4.0 for 16k and stil keep 6k for mtn BIS downloads.

3. Sluggishly walk into an Airtel owned shop and get a Tecno N3 for 13k with 9k change in ma pocket. The Tecno has a better support and after sale service here in naija.

To hell with Glo.

Hmm!
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Francheezy(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2013
0n p0int br0

2 Likes

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by nsidible(f): 10:07am On Apr 02, 2013
i was told by @glocare itz not possible..
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by puskin: 10:49am On Apr 02, 2013

OR

To hell with Glo.

Well said.......**clapping**

2 Likes

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2013

OR

To hell with Glo.

bros u are talking sense. this glo offer is just like saying "buy the tecno n3 with other freebies which you dont need for almost twice the price". crazy network providers

2 Likes

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 1:42pm On Apr 02, 2013
nsidible: i was told by @glocare itz not possible..
That was the same thing they told me too.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by nsidible(f): 3:38pm On Apr 02, 2013
luluosas:
That was the same thing they told me too.
i no blame them..i know by 2014 na 5k them go sell that phone
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ochukoccna: 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2013
luluosas:
Hehehe. But the phone fine small sha
Na so Chinese phones too dey fine for picshure cheesy
Great functinality is another story entirely
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2013
ochukoccna:
Na so Chinese phones too dey fine for picshure cheesy
Great functinality is another story entirely
I feel you my guy.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 5:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
nsidible: i no blame them..i know by 2014 na 5k them go sell that phone
No mind them. We are thinking of lowering our expenditure on them and they are thinking of how to make life more expensive for us.

1 Like

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by sonety2k(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
Glo Again ...
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by 2NDACCT(f): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2013
GL0 NAWA 0OH
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 8:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Glo have reduced the price of their Genius Android phone from N22,000 to N17,600. Therefore, if you are interested to having the phone, get it from any Gloworld shop closer to you. Thank you.

Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ibietela2(m): 9:52pm On Apr 22, 2013
17k?? I rather get tecno Q1
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 28, 2013
ibietela2: 17k?? I rather get tecno Q1
lols grin can feel Ur hatred on glo
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2013
luluosas: Glo have reduced the price of their Genius Android phone from N22,000 to N17,600. Therefore, if you are interested to having the phone, get it from any Gloworld shop closer to you. Thank you.
Keep me posted when they reduce the price of this phone to #12000
They think they can fool us with Brand name!
9ja don wise up after what Nokia did 2 us, sucking our cash with double straws.
Tecno has shown us the way, the truth and the light forward cheesy
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 3:36pm On Apr 29, 2013
Godvilla: Keep me posted when they reduce the price of this phone to #12000
They think they can fool us with Brand name!
9ja don wise up after what Nokia did 2 us, sucking our cash with double straws.
Tecno has shown us the way, the truth and the light forward cheesy
N12,000? I don't Glo will do that any time soon.
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2013
luluosas:
N12,000? I don't Glo will do that any time soon.
Then they can keep the phone or distribute it among staffs!!!
With Tecno N3 pulling waves out there, NOBODY wuld fink of buying dis replica 4 a higher price....
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ibietela2(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2013
Starboi_prince: lols grin can feel Ur hatred on glo

Hahaha
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by Walexz02(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2013
Hahahah! To hell with Glo and their genius wahala...... We ar now wiser than they thimk. Techno all the way...
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by luluosas(m): 11:47pm On May 17, 2013
Walexz02: Hahahah! To hell with Glo and their genius wahala...... We ar now wiser than they thimk. Techno all the way...
No wahala
Re: Genius Android Phone From Glo by ayodot(m): 12:03am On May 18, 2013
shocked shocked shocked say wetin, 22k. why am i even commenting. nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Releases Facial Recognition For Zero 5 Users In Update. / As A Firefighter Battling Epileptic Power Supply, What Phone Do You Recommend? / January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.