Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? (4258 Views)

Poll: Who is the best finisher in the world?

Didier Drogba: 9% (5 votes)
Pauleta: 0% (0 votes)
Theofanis Gekas: 0% (0 votes)
Francesco Totti: 3% (2 votes)
Ruud van Nistelrooy: 20% (11 votes)
Cristiano Ronaldo: 24% (13 votes)
Emmanuel Adebayor: 1% (1 vote)
Fernando Torres: 30% (16 votes)
Karim Benzema: 3% (2 votes)
Mario Gomez: 0% (0 votes)
Luca Toni: 3% (2 votes)
Marco Boriello: 0% (0 votes)
David Trezeguet: 1% (1 vote)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 0% (0 votes)
Luis Fabiano: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Miroslav Klose Is The Best Finisher In Europe. Better Than Messi &Ronaldo / Radamel Falcao A Deadlier Finisher Ahead Of Messi And Ronaldo / Your Preferred Epl Fourth Place Finisher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by bluehorizo(m): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2008
Being a forward is not just about scoring goals. For now, though,forget about pace, strength, creativity, movement and focus solely on players putting the ball in the back of the net.

Who is the best finisher in the world?

Didier Drogba, Pauleta, Theofanis Gekas, Francesco Totti and Ruud van Nistelrooy, Francesco Totti topped the scoring charts in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain respectively last season, while Cristiano Ronaldo, Emmanuel Adebayor, Fernando Torres, Karim Benzema, Mario Gomez, Luca Toni, Marco Boriello, David Trezeguet, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Luis Fabiano are among the forerunners to succeed them. Is one of these players your pick?
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by pein(m): 4:18pm On Apr 02, 2008
Really difficult to choose but ill have to go for benzema this season.shows great composure in front of goal
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by chidipupay(m): 10:10am On Apr 08, 2008
drogba
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by bgees(m): 11:52am On Apr 08, 2008
Over d years,i have watchd henry.
Thierry Henry hardly ever misses when he is clean through.
Fernando torres also comes close,but it still early days for him.
But i'll give it to THIERRY HENRY.

Honourable mentions include:
didier drogba
luca toni.
Miroslav Klose
samuel eto'
david villa.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by bluehorizo(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2008
I think C.Ronaldo and Etoo are great.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by sisqology(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2008
Do u guys know ruud boy at all As for me-Torres is the best,then ruud then eto
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by tocdee(m): 1:37pm On Apr 09, 2008
torres, simple. His goals are ALWAYS breath-taking
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by DaJunta(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2008
[size=18pt]FERNANDO TORRES[/size]
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 10, 2008
is C RONALDO a finisher,olodo's
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by wilfred84(m): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2008
chisco82 u be complete mumu, fernando torres is the best finisher in the world for now, no long thing.

Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by bluehorizo(m): 12:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
chisco82:

is C RONALDO a finisher,olodo's

You are the Most Senior Olodo here. We are not talking about strikers here but FINISHER.

bluehorizo:

forget about pace, strength, creativity, movement and focus solely on players putting the ball in the back of the net.

Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jackal1(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2008
No other striker does it like RUUD VAN NISTELROOY.

He is the best finisher of this generation.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by A40(m): 3:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
On current form this season i have to leave it between C.Ronaldo and Fernando Torres but if a gun was put to my head i would go for TORRES
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by tocdee(m): 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2008
Since we are talking about finishing, I think the prize should go to [size=8pt]Torres[/size]. The kid has got millions of FINISHING MOVES!! Ronaldo is a good finisher but If you remove penalties and tap-ins from his game, you'll get a decent finisher, no more. On the other hand, Torres hasnt taken a penalty for pool (though he did for athletico and does for spain) and he has never scored a tap-in or poacher's goal. The boy is simply brilliant.

P.S Compare his 1st season in English football to the those of the rest and you'll get a hint of the future. I remember a lot of people here saying (at the start of the season) that he'll be a huge flop for liverpool grin cheesy smiley sad angry lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by segunpc(m): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
na why u no put ronaldo de lima?
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jairzinho(m): 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2008
Very difficult question ,but there exists a few 3/3 finishers in the world:

Torres,Etoo & probably Owen.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by A40(m): 4:59pm On Apr 14, 2008
@segunpc
Pardon me man i missed out their father Ronaldo de Lima in his prime he was simply unstoppable
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by dreday(m): 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2008
If you mean the greatest finisher of all time,then it would have to be Ronaldo de Lima.
You just need to watch some of his old tapes and you'll not even realize you'd been watching open-mouthed since forever
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Uche2nna(m): 11:08pm On Apr 14, 2008
dreday:

If you mean the greatest finisher of all time,then it would have to be Ronaldo de Lima.
You just need to watch some of his old tapes and you'll not even realize you'd been watching open-mouthed since forever

He was absolutely phenomenal
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by timbahama(m): 4:32am On Apr 20, 2008
Ronaldo De Lima is the best finisher of all time
for now I would pick Torres and C.Ronaldo
Who be dat wey dey Put Owen for this elite group (it sucks)
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by slimnike(m): 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2008
CLAUDIO PIZARRO, cry cry cry cry
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by tkb417(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2008
People are saying Torres and im wondering why. .cos of a season performance?
This is the first time hes hitting the 20 goal mark.

why are we mentioning CR-7?

i'll pick those that have been doing it year in year out

Ruud van Nistelrooy
Luca Toni
Huntellar
Didier Drogba.

These to me are the best finishers presently. I cant really pick the best but those above are really good finishers anytime, anyday
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jackal1(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ tkb417,

Dont make me slam ur nose with a sledge!!!

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is the best finisher in the world.
He contributes nuthing outside the box but in the 18 yard box. . . .his power n goal sense magnifies by 100000!!!!
Ruud is a proper fox in ther box . . . .He is always the 1st to react to rebounds, stray passes and his the master of one on one with goalie.
His records speak for itself. . . 3 UCL golden boots, 3 different golden boots in England, Spain and Holland.
Need i say more?
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2008
TKB417 and Jackal
well said
When it comes to putting the ball in the net, no other player comes close to the RUUUD Boy
that is what he was meant to do in football, him and gerd Muiller of germanysame build
Ronaldo is not even a finisher - most of his goals come from set pieces.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jackal1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2008
A lot of people dunno the difference. . . .

Van Nistelrooy is a different breed. . . . U might not hear his name in 89 mins. . . .
The only time u hear it, the word GOALLLLLLLLLLL follows.
I am yet to see a better striker in a one on one situation. . . . Ruud always buries the ball!!!!
Science is still figuring how he takes his chances as he can be so lazy outside the 18-yard box but once inside, his ability quadruples.
He is a demon!
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by topeorekoy(m): 2:30pm On Apr 21, 2008
@poster,

how come u left TH14 in his days out?
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 2:53pm On Apr 21, 2008
Thierry Henry was a good finisher too, but compared to Van Nistelrooy he is alright.
but as a complete player Ruud doenst come close to Henry
Other finishers i can think of are
Raul Gonzalez
Andy cole
Shearer
Batistuta
bayern munich - brasilian striker his name is eluding me.
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jackal1(m): 3:08pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ Lasiefarie,

Giovanni ELBER is the name eluding u!!!
I remember Shevchenko and Rebrov too. wink

@ Topeprekoy,

Henry was a complete player but not the best finisher.
His aerial ability is not world class compared to the likes of Batistuta, Bierhoff or Ruud!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by doyin13(m): 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2008
I hate Finishers angry angry angry angry angry

Largely talentless bunch of opportunists without any iota of creativity in their makeup.

Shior
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by topeorekoy(m): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2008
u have rebrov there and u r saying TH14 isnt a good finisher? he did most of his scoring with his legs. fine his aerial ability isnt good but his legs were so hot
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by Jackal1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2008
@ Doyin13,

You are a prat!!!!!
Finishers are born to take advantage of defenders lacking confidence, jittery goalie, rebounds and ambiguous offside rule!!!!
They are ther most important members of any team . . . If only the Gaynners and Pompey had one. . .  grin grin grin grin

@ topeorekoy,

A great finisher has to be able to score with all parts of his body.
Inzaghi, Ruud, Raul, Etoo, Huntelaar, Ronaldo De Lima and lots more.
Be sincere, Henry doesn't come close!
Re: Who Is The Best Finisher In The World? by doyin13(m): 3:26pm On Apr 21, 2008
topeorekoy:

u have rebrov there and you're saying TH14 isnt a good finisher? he did most of his scoring with his legs. fine his aerial ability isnt good but his legs were so hot

That sounds gay dude cheesy

Jackal.:

@ Doyin13,

You are a prat!!!!!
Finishers are born to take advantage of defenders lacking confidence, jittery goalie, rebounds and ambiguous offside rule!!!!
They are ther most important members of any team . . . If only the Gaynners and Pompey had one. . . grin grin grin grin

You are an alangba angry angry angry angry angry

@topic

Please do not sully the reputation of RONALDO FENOMENO, by calling him a finisher.

He is the greatest player ever bar none cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Juventus Are Considering A Move Of Manchester United Star To Replace Cristiano / Arsenal Gervinho Guest Actor In Next Star Trek / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Dinamo Zagreb (6 - 2) On 22nd November 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.