Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 PM

Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too (18128 Views)

Lagos House Rent: How To Reduce The Chances Of Being Scammed. / Legal Rights Of A Rent Tenants And Some Unlawful Acts Often Done By Landlords / Caution Fee! Landord's Acct Or Agents Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by yeboyes: 1:20pm On May 12, 2013
[size=15pt]You guys have a very soft heart that is why these con men bravely take your money.If any person in Nigeria takes my money,i won't bother calling the police,i will just have him kidnapped.I will torture him and after he gives me my money back ,i will cut of his head and dump it in front a Tv station for the whole world to see.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by solid3(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2013
pls give your advice on this issue, topic is here https://www.nairaland.com/1288270/issues-landlord-pls-advice .

Moderator, pls help move it to front page. Thank you.
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by chiomzys(f): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2013
I appreciate d advice,does it mean nothing can be done jst to make dis haertless peaple stop causing pains to people?I am also a victim alongside wit abt 50 other people since feb 2011 till date.I knw it wz our mistake bt bt we ve searchd for house for more dan a year wit agents b4 we got into dis problem, Lagos is crowded evrybody need house at d same time n if u waste time u will find urself n children on d street. I believe if Lagos state can setup an agent to get at dose doing dis it will stop. Even if it iS a treath to seize d property n try 2 do it to one person others will stop.dis happend in Olodi Apapa. God bless u.
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pls how can I post my view and it will show of as recent ? Pls help me. I am new to it. Thanks
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by titoetal(m): 10:41pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks for this beautiful guide and infos. Am planning to rent a two bedroom flat in Enugu. Must have water and good location, must be the first occupant. What's the cost like please reply if you have. Beware, eyes are washing scammers and fake.
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by Swiftboy(m): 2:50am On Dec 08, 2013
@Lawyer what do you have to say to this? My Elder Brother got a rented apartment 3years ago and the agreement with the Landlord was a total refurbish of the house cos the house lacks alot of things...infact he literally invested alot to upgrade it to what it is now.The house lacks decent plumbing,wiring,tiles etc.only for the landlord to serve him a one month quit notice followed by a writ of summons to court that he wants his house back when the amount is yet to be expired! He lied that the agreement is no longer valid cos he did not put hand in paper! My bro on the other hand has been saving all the receipts and the witnesses are on hand...Can he still win the case?
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by Swiftboy(m): 2:58am On Dec 08, 2013
@Lawyer what do you have to say to this? My Elder Brother got a rented apartment 3years ago and the agreement with the Landlord was a total refurbish of the house even after paying the rent cos the house lacks alot of things...infact he literally invested alot to upgrade it to what it is now.The house lacks decent plumbing,wiring,tiles etc.only for the landlord to serve him a one month quit notice followed by a writ of summons to court that he wants his house back when the amount is yet to be expired! He lied that the agreement is no longer valid cos he did not put hand in paper! My bro on the other hand has been saving all the receipts and the witnesses are on hand...Can he still win the case?
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by lawyer(m): 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2013
Of course. Take the landlord to court first with all the receipt as evidence and he would win plus he would still stay in that house free till the case ends.

1 Like

Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by Mavor: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
I am about to rent an apt in Lekki. Please how do I avoid scam agents and landlords? Thanks.
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by Swiftboy(m): 4:54am On Dec 12, 2013
Lol thanks Lawyer...so far so good the case is looking good for my bros! Funny enough in the writ of summons the landlord included fake electricity bill...I mean the man funny die!
lawyer: Of course. Take the landlord to court first with all the receipt as evidence and he would win plus he would still stay in that house free till the case ends.
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by kewinjakes: 7:10am On Jul 09, 2014
Not only in Nairaland, these sort of scams have become very common these days everywhere. The authorizations related to these properties should take immediate action on the persons who are addressed as the scams and should make them punish at any cost. We may also introduce new rules to overcome these sort of scams and make the victims of these feel relaxed.

[url="http://prestigerealtycompany.com/"]villas for sale in St Kitts & Nevis[/url]
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by jevananurag: 2:59am On Jul 12, 2014
When we have certain basic knowledge regarding this kind of matters which will help us a lot. Many of them have followed the agent information without comparing any information with others, this may lead problem. Better to gain the knowledge regarding every field.

south beach real estate
Re: Landlords Or Agents Duping Prospective Tenants: How To Avoid Being Scammed Too by muhammed10: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Please who can help me to answer this question affects of ocean current on navigation and shipping please any geographer here I need your help guys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mai Deribe Mansion In Maiduguri / Gas Explosion In Magodo, Lagos (Video) / *Updated*Properties In Ibadan To Let*With Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.