Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan (8788 Views)

Results From Lagos And Rivers Gov. Online Polls Will Scare You. / 2015 Polls Will Be Tough- Jonathan / Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by lekanolas: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
President Goodluck Jonathan has once again promised that the 2015 general elections would be free and fair. Jonathan said that there was no alternative to fair election, given the premise that there could not be peace without justice.

The President, who spoke yesterday at Mpu, Enugu State, said it was almost impossible to guarantee good governance without free and fair election. According to him, it is the level of political manipulation that breeds bickering among politicians.

The President was at Mpu, Aninri Local Government, for the dedication of the All Saints Anglican Covenant Church built by Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. Jonathan said his administration was determined to make a difference in the lives of Nigerians. He said: “You cannot talk about good governance where the elections of people are manipulated; you cannot steal a mandate and turn round to say that you can govern well.

“Lawyers will say you can’t build anything on nothing. If your coming to power from councillorship to Presidency is based on manipulation, there is no good thing you can do there.

You cannot go and celebrate. “First and foremost, people must vote for you and you cannot talk about doing something good without their support. “It is actually during the military that they use big guns to overthrow those with small guns and take over. In the political dispensation, you must be properly elected, we must make sure that electoral processes are sanitised and the votes of Nigerians count.

“I know the kind of statement people make each time we leave here to other places; sometimes I feel so humiliated, and now the story has changed. “What I can promise Nigerians is that with your prayers, we have our challenges no doubt, but most countries have their challenges, that we will make those little changes that will make a difference in our lives.”

Jonathan decried the tendency of Nigerians to abandon the country for others because of the challenges confronting it, stressing that building a virile future was the collective responsibility of all and sundry. He said: “If we leave Nigeria and go elsewhere where we have all kinds of friends who may use business passports that can give you automatic entry into countries, but they still regard you as a Nigerian.

You cannot fit in properly until you come home. “We have talked about building the church, let us join hands and build a nation that our children, grandchildren and Nigerians unborn will be happy, irrespective of provocation and political differences.

“Just like the primate said, every leader comes and goes but as a leader, you pray that you leave behind something solid. If we progress from here, the whole country becomes highly developed.” The President praised Ekweremadu for building the church, which he likened to the one built by Solomon for God in the Bible.

Primate of the Anglican Communion, Rt. Rev. Nicholas Okoh, in a sermon, said the Nigeria’s problems were intractable because of human manipulation, adding that her people had not used her numerous religions to build an enterprise that could impact on development

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/2015-polls-will-be-free-fair-jonathan/

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by kkkp: 1:44pm On Apr 02, 2013
lekanolas: President Goodluck Jonathan has once again promised that the 2015 general elections would be free and fair. Jonathan said that there was no alternative to fair election, given the premise that there could not be peace without justice.

The President, who spoke yesterday at Mpu, Enugu State, said it was almost impossible to guarantee good governance without free and fair election. According to him, it is the level of political manipulation that breeds bickering among politicians.

The President was at Mpu, Aninri Local Government, for the dedication of the All Saints Anglican Covenant Church built by Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu. Jonathan said his administration was determined to make a difference in the lives of Nigerians. He said: “You cannot talk about good governance where the elections of people are manipulated; you cannot steal a mandate and turn round to say that you can govern well.

“Lawyers will say you can’t build anything on nothing. If your coming to power from councillorship to Presidency is based on manipulation, there is no good thing you can do there.

You cannot go and celebrate. “First and foremost, people must vote for you and you cannot talk about doing something good without their support. “It is actually during the military that they use big guns to overthrow those with small guns and take over. In the political dispensation, you must be properly elected, we must make sure that electoral processes are sanitised and the votes of Nigerians count.

“I know the kind of statement people make each time we leave here to other places; sometimes I feel so humiliated, and now the story has changed. “What I can promise Nigerians is that with your prayers, we have our challenges no doubt, but most countries have their challenges, that we will make those little changes that will make a difference in our lives.”

Jonathan decried the tendency of Nigerians to abandon the country for others because of the challenges confronting it, stressing that building a virile future was the collective responsibility of all and sundry. He said: “If we leave Nigeria and go elsewhere where we have all kinds of friends who may use business passports that can give you automatic entry into countries, but they still regard you as a Nigerian.

You cannot fit in properly until you come home. “We have talked about building the church, let us join hands and build a nation that our children, grandchildren and Nigerians unborn will be happy, irrespective of provocation and political differences.

“Just like the primate said, every leader comes and goes but as a leader, you pray that you leave behind something solid. If we progress from here, the whole country becomes highly developed.” The President praised Ekweremadu for building the church, which he likened to the one built by Solomon for God in the Bible.

Primate of the Anglican Communion, Rt. Rev. Nicholas Okoh, in a sermon, said the Nigeria’s problems were intractable because of human manipulation, adding that her people had not used her numerous religions to build an enterprise that could impact on development

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by 5alive(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
lekanolas: President Goodluck Jonathan has once again promised that the 2015 general elections would be free and fair. Jonathan said that there was no alternative to fair election, given the premise that there could not be peace without justice.

i qoute d whole post to get attention, pls ignore me

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Panzastrip(m): 2:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
cool
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Okijajuju1(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
It will only be fair to me as long as the winner is GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

If Goodluck does not win, the streets and streams on Nigeria will be filled with the bloods of Baboons, Monkeys and ..... angry

8 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by PBundles(m): 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yes I agree. The politicians will be FREE to rig and Nigerians will as always have to FAIR with the situation.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by alfredo4u(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
amen
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by surveyProf(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2013
How serious is Mr. president on this issue "free and fair polls come 2015" I can seem to be believe except Mr. President is not contesting as a candidate.
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Burger01(m): 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
surveyProf: How serious is Mr. president on this issue "free and fair polls come 2015" I can seem to be believe except Mr. President is not contesting as a candidate.
He is not contesting..am sure of that... sad
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Watzhup: 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2013
PBundles: Yes I agree. The politicians will be FREE to rig and Nigerians will as always have to FAIR with the situation.

grin
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by surveyProf(m): 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
Burger01:
He is not contesting..am sure of that... sad

How sure are u?
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
Okija_juju: It will only be fair to me as long as the winner is GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

If Goodluck does not win, the streets and streams on Nigeria will be filled with the bloods of Baboons, Monkeys and ..... angry
your entire family.

19 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by BashMe1(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
[size=20pt]Continue fooling urselves[/size]
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Is election not supposed to be free and fair before?
Our leaders always talk abt it like a priviledge for nigerians

7 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by gameboy727(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
Free and Fair? I hope so cos almost everything in Nigeria is a joke.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by sunnyt1(m): 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
GEJ will be a very wonderful poet, if he can remain quite for eva
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by idirect(m): 3:12pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yes, provided you don't rig your way in
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by PENMIGHT(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
Tales of the Past!
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Tayo114: 3:14pm On Apr 02, 2013
Na lie ooo!
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by surveyProf(m): 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2013
According to the international observers, of the last elections, for there to be free and fair elections in Nigeria, all political parties should come together and elect the INEC chairman, and it should not come from the presidency/ruling party, I am afraid if this is not looked into, them there can never never never be a free and fair elections in Nigeria, "He who pays the piper dictates the turns".

1 Like

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by momodub: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2013
tell me tory
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by ninja4life(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
I hope d election would be free and fair den we can now know d orientation and mentality of nigerians cos some poor people will sell deir vote for as low as #1000 while many will give deir vote base on ethnicity and religion of d candidate even most of d so called educated fellow falls in dis category only abt 1% will vote base on past records of candidate and those are d people dat are conversant with news and politics and will vote 4 d candidate dat dey suppose will affect dem more positively.so even if election is free and fair up to at least 60% voters will still vote base on sentiment which i was also a victim voting gej but i will still vote him over again on sentiment dan to vote a northerner dat won't affect me positively.my opinion and speculations though maybe wrong or right

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by DEseaRNeR(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
Okija_juju: It will only be fair to me as long as the winner is GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN.

ur family

1 Like

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by alienware(m): 3:17pm On Apr 02, 2013
In the land of boko haram and fuel subsidy the destiny of a great nation lies on the shoulder of a confused president.............. His name ? Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Gabrielsylar(m): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
Bank accounts will be free and fat.....am sorri for d fools dat will vote and then open useless threads here complaining about dis and dat
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by mr9ceguy3413: 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
sha help mi beg him not to contest...
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by stainlessino: 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2013
how shore are we it will be like that.
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by valicious1(m): 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
NA 2DAY? E DON TEY grin grin grin

angry angry dese goats tink say we b mugu abi

3 Likes

Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by Lbrasi: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2013
We know you can talk sir!
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by teejayreal(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
is that possible sha.
Check ma signature to receive the dstv software.
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by 1shortblackboy: 3:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
till 2015 then undecided
Re: 2015 Polls Will Be Free, Fair –jonathan by greatgod2012(f): 3:26pm On Apr 02, 2013
Oga Jonaaa......
Aa so pe e so be!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

USA Security Agents Meet With Danbazzau (video) / Names Of Newly Appointed NNPC Mds For Those Shouting One Nigeria / Nigeria Stagnates While The Power Rotates. Who Are We Doing? By Samuel Akinnuga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.