Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage (14753 Views)

Inviting 16-year-old Cousin To The UK - Temporary Or As Permanent Dependant. / Most Livable Cities In Nigeria For Expatriates / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 4:42am On Apr 03, 2013
Hi, this is my first time here and I would really appreciate answers... I have a girlfriend whom is young and wanting to visit nigeria really son for our wedding arrangements. Please, I would love to know what she would need in details. Like what kind of visa does she need, how much must she have in her account for visa approval and any other additional info, pleae

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by FXKing2012(m): 7:01am On Apr 03, 2013
This is not the Nigerian embassy, why not visit the embassy website for answer to all your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Vicjustice: 12:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
robinsonemeka: Hi, this is my first time here and I would really appreciate answers... I have a girlfriend whom is young and wanting to visit nigeria really son for our wedding arrangements. Please, I would love to know what she would need in details. Like what kind of visa does she need, how much must she have in her account for visa approval and any other additional info, pleae
Send her a letter of invitation stating her name, her date of birth, her residence address. Also, state how long you intend to host her in Nigeria.
She doesn't need much from her side, just her evidence of a job and her bank account (even if it has only $1.000). Yet, even without a job, she can still get the visa, let her say she is a cleaner, Nigerian embassies never verify anything

4 Likes

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 12:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Vicjustice:
Send her a letter of invitation stating her name, her date of birth, her residence address. Also, state how long you intend to host her in Nigeria.
She doesn't need much from her side, just her bank account (even if it has only $1.000) is fine
Ok, thanx... I have a sample of an invitation letter but when done, does it need a stamp or any additional thing?
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Vicjustice: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2013
robinsonemeka:
Ok, thanx... I have a sample of an invitation letter but when done, does it need a stamp or any additional thing?
I just edited my previous post, you might want to read it again.
No, your invitation letter does not need a stamp, you only have to include a copy of the bio-data page of your passport
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 12:45pm On Apr 03, 2013
Vicjustice:
I just edited my previous post, you might want to read it again.
No, your invitation letter does not need a stamp, you only have to include a copy of the bio-data page of your passport
Thanx a lot, starting out right away...
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Vicjustice: 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
robinsonemeka:
Thanx a lot, starting out right away...
You might want to check this link also:
https://www.nairaland.com/757271/how-write-invitation-letters
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
Vicjustice:
You might want to check this link also:
https://www.nairaland.com/757271/how-write-invitation-letters
I have seen it but she does not have a job, must she specify one? And would I also inclue my own details in the invitation letter (DOB, Passport NO.) And sorts?
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by snowbuster: 12:13am On Apr 04, 2013
all you need to send to her is invitation letter, ur data page of ur PP and ur statement of acc cos you are the one inviting her , she dont need to show her statement of acc to get the visa all she need to do is fill the form correctly . If the embassy is not far from her she can drive their and get her visa same day . feel free to ask more question if you can not clear with this infor
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 12:35am On Apr 04, 2013
snowbuster: all you need to send to her is invitation letter, ur data page of ur PP and ur statement of acc cos you are the one inviting her , she dont need to show her statement of acc to get the visa all she need to do is fill the form correctly . If the embassy is not far from her she can drive their and get her visa same day . feel free to ask more question if you can not clear with this infor
Since she's staying for 7 days, how much do I need to show that I have in my account
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by snowbuster: 2:26am On Apr 04, 2013
Nigerian embassy is not after how much you have in ur account my brother , all they want is the application fee cos i could remember when i send the document to my wife to get her visa i only have 80k in my account. and she drive to the Nigerian Embassy in Atlanta Georgia and she get her visa same day since she can pay for express fee .

2 Likes

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Naijalastborn(m): 7:43am On Apr 04, 2013
Well Nigerian Visa should Bother you, But what should Bother you, how she's gonna Enjoy Her stay here in Nigeria, well 7 days should Be Spend so nice that she will love to come back to Nigeria often and Often again, I am also in your Shoes last year but Things are fine now!
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 10:48am On Apr 04, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Well Nigerian Visa should Bother you, But what should Bother you, how she's gonna Enjoy Her stay here in Nigeria, well 7 days should Be Spend so nice that she will love to come back to Nigeria often and Often again, I am also in your Shoes last year but Things are fine now!
Will do ma best man... I'm thinking about how she would enjoy her stay true true... But I would have to do lots of more calculation. Write me here robinsonemeka@yahoo.com I got more ques
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by ManTiger(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2013
@OP, 7days is not enough for the marriage stuff o.
She must stay for atleast 90days or more.
If she comes and and stays for 7days and left after which you've been to the registry, the CO might not be convinced that your relationship is genuine, try and research more in the stuff.
Wish you luck.

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Naijalastborn(m): 12:46pm On Apr 04, 2013
ManTiger: @OP, 7days is not enough for the marriage stuff o.
She must stay for atleast 90days or more.
If she comes and and stays for 7days and left after which you've been to the registry, the CO might not be convinced that your relationship is genuine, try and research more in the stuff.
Wish you luck.
Please Listen to what he said, He's right Let her come First dont Think about Marriage, Just go out and have fun with her, Take her around, let her meet people, teach her our Local Language, its doesnt matter if She can pronounce it or not, Take alot of Pictures with her, Then let her returned back to Her Country, If you guys could survive for 1 year then later her come back again and You guys can proceed to Marriage, Well am just telling you from my Personal Experience.

Best of Luck

3 Likes

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2013
Naija_lastborn: Please Listen to what he said, He's right Let her come First dont Think about Marriage, Just go out and have fun with her, Take her around, let her meet people, teach her our Local Language, its doesnt matter if She can pronounce it or not, Take alot of Pictures with her, Then let her returned back to Her Country, If you guys could survive for 1 year then later her come back again and You guys can proceed to Marriage, Well am just telling you from my Personal Experience.

Best of Luck
Already talking to some few and I'm told that I can go 2 weeks before her arrival and then book a date... I'm thinking of all the moves though
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Naijalastborn(m): 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
robinsonemeka:
Already talking to some few and I'm told that I can go 2 weeks before her arrival and then book a date... I'm thinking of all the moves though
best of luck
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by snowbuster: 2:20am On Apr 06, 2013
why do you need to wait for the whole year before you will be get marry to ur partner , i had my wedding 4days after my wife arrive to nigeria. so if you want to go ahead with the two weeks plans is ok put make sure you take alot of picture and get alot of evidence to prove ur marriage is not fraud . they can only delay your case at the embassy they cant denied you . just do it wish ever way you want to do it and try to sick more advice from who has done it before. best of luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Naijalastborn(m): 7:22am On Apr 06, 2013
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by robinsonemeka(m): 7:58am On Apr 06, 2013
Naija_lastborn: https://www.nairaland.com/856035/candid-advise-need-fellow-nd

You can see this with your Eyes
I read that too but with prayer all would go well
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by lemmysandra(m): 5:53pm On May 05, 2015
I do really need a help of how I'm gonna write a letter to invite my gf from the USA
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by worry357: 6:00pm On May 05, 2015
lemmysandra:
I do really need a help of how I'm gonna write a letter to invite my gf from the USA

Have you met this girl? Or is it just a female that you hope will sponsor you into obamaland?
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Moana(f): 7:16pm On May 05, 2015
worry357:

Have you met this girl? Or is it just a female that you hope will sponsor you into obamaland?
haba stop all of this na grin what is your own....

Anyway OP can we see your wedding pics embarassed make we see your sweet babe grin
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by worry357: 7:56pm On May 05, 2015
Moana:
haba stop all of this na grin what is your own....
Anyway OP can we see your wedding pics embarassed make we see your sweet babe grin

Sweet babe says she is 23 yrs and sends picture of fabulous babe.
When she gets off airplane she is 67 and as fat as an eliphant.

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Moana(f): 8:13pm On May 05, 2015
worry357:

Sweet babe says she is 23 yrs and sends picture of fabulous babe.
When she gets off airplane she is 67 and as fat as an eliphant.
u no well for head grin

1 Like

Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by worry357: 8:27pm On May 05, 2015
Moana:
u no well for head grin

shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2015
Vicjustice:

. . . Dear Sir/Ma, i am on the verge of sending a Letter of invitation to my friend in the states, but i don't have a Nigerian Passport right now (i will apply for one soon though), is it possible i send the LOI without the Bio-Data page of my Passport as you mentioned up there ^ ? Pls, your reply will be very appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Vicjustice: 10:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
modelmike7:
. . . Dear Sir/Ma, i am on the verge of sending a Letter of invitation to my friend in the states, but i don't have a Nigerian Passport right now (i will apply for one soon though), is it possible i send the LOI without the Bio-Data page of my Passport as you mentioned up there ^ Pls, your reply will be very appreciated. Thank you.
So, I "mentioned it up there" and yet, you still asked me?
Well, what they actually require of you is a valid photo identity: and for a poorly identification country like Nigeria, a passport is a favourite consideration.
Re: Inviting Someone From USA To Nigeria For Marriage by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2015
Vicjustice:
So, I "mentioned it up there" and yet, you still asked me?
Well, what they actually require of you is a valid photo identity: and for a poorly identification country like Nigeria, a passport is a favourite consideration.
. . . . I only asked because i want to know if their are 'other options' available, that was why i asked, i don't think my simple question is out of place sir/ma. Talking about valid photo identity, i do have my Drivers license, National ID Card and Voters Card, i believe the first 2 ID's i mentioned should do, based on the 'Valid photo identity' you mentioned. Thanks a lot for the info. Its highly appreciated. Getting my passport soon tho'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Lifts Suspension On Dana Air / Arik Air Suspending Operations Due To Fuel Scarcity / African Migrants Sold In Libya ‘slave Markets’, Says IOM - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.