Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips (91450 Views)

Ican Past Question And Answer - Download / Common Interview Questions And What They Mean / Job Interview Questions And Excellent Sample Responses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by instaforexngr(m): 10:29pm On May 02, 2013
Good work, Jarus!
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by teexzle: 8:25am On May 09, 2013
Interested in ths ?
opson J: nic write up.But pls,what about if asked:for how long will you wish to work with this company?or if u get a better offer from another company,wil u honour it?pls,likely answers
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by legendsilver(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is "WOW"
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Simili(m): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wow wow wow,i av to save page immediately,u ve widen my horizon,atleast u make me got ma confident bak,tanks bro ll like to learn more frm u..my mail(shittusimi@gmail.com,bradcoutrix@yahoo.com).tankz

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by eemjay17(m): 10:17am On Sep 19, 2013
Kudos to Jarus for this piece. I must confess,this is a real eye opener for some of us that does not have the experience of what interviews always look like. Fortunately for me, i came across this write-up last Saturday when indeed i have got an interview on Monday(my first interview ever for that matter). Need i say this write-up really help me in the interview because these are the same questions i am being asked,i was just there smiling and giving the response base on what i read here. However,during the cause of the interview the three interviewer were just nodding their head in acceptance to my answers to the extent that the lady among them couldn't hide it. So she was forced to say to her colleague that she like the way i give my response.
Thanks bro.,i have always been following your threads here,if you won't take that as stalking sha buh you are one mentor i have here on nairaland just like i told you when we talk on phone sometimes ago. Keepup the good work. #Godbless

6 Likes

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by uchendutalks: 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
This is an amazing post cool[color=#990000][/color]. I've been looking for something like this with practical answers, and I've finally found it. Thank you Jarus.

Uchendu

You can check out my blog at http://www.uchendutalks.com and read my latest post about Globacom http://uchendutalks.com/2013/08/how-did-globacom-increase-its-internet-subscribers-25-fold-in-one-month.html
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
eemjay17: Kudos to Jarus for this piece, I must confess,this is a real eye opener for some of us that doesn't have the experience of what interviews always look like. Fortunately for me, i came across this writeup last saturday when indeed have got an interview on monday(my first interview ever for that matter). Need i say this writeup really help me in the interview because these are the same questions am being asked,i was just there smilling and giving the response base on what i read here. However,during the cause of the interview the three interviewer were just nodding their head in acceptance to my answers to the extent that the lady among them couldn't hide it. So she was forced to say to her colleague that she like the way i give my response.
Thanks bro. have always been following your threads here,if you won't take that as stalking sha buh you are one mentor i have here on nairaland just like i told you when we talk on phone sometimes ago. Keepup the good work. #Godbless

Thanks. Hoping to hear that you got the job very soon.

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by igbanbajo(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2013
Jarus: Like I mentioned in my article, Reflections on Graduate Unemployment in Nigeria (BusinessDay, November 12, 2012), two of the greatest hurdles Nigerian youths face are gaining admission into university and securing decent job after graduation. With the proliferation of university in every village today, the former is no longer a big problem as the latter. The latter challenge also comes in two folds – getting invite for job selection process and scaling the process. The scaling process in most cases also involves crossing two bridges – tests and interviews.

Personally, I prefer interview to test, despite the fact I am not the best of orator you can think of (not with my thick Kwara dialect reflecting in my spoken English. Lol). But truth is, interview is easier. It gives you more avenues to maneuver. Unlike test where you either get the answer correct or miss it, in interviews, you can give a good impression even when you don’t know the answer. I have flunked a couple of tests, but I can’t remember ever flunking any job interview.

In this essay, I have compiled top interview questions Nigerian job recruiters ask, especially for entry level and non-managerial experienced positions. The answer tips are based on my personal experience, experience of masters in the trade, and formal and informal accounts of job interviewers I am privileged to have interacted with. I hope it will be helpful to readers.

http://jarushub.com/2013/04/02/common-interview-questions-and-answer-tips/

Bookmarked
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by promisechild(m): 8:53am On Nov 15, 2013
Good one
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Hairbean: 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
Good one
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Mblem(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2014
nice one Jarus... you have save so many souls with this piece, I pray God should give u more knowledge but please don't mind those negative fools..keep it up
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by chinasa61: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
Tnx dear it was really helpful.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by tohero(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2014
Thanks Bozz! I will giv my testimony soon.

Soonest as posible.
*am stil a student**
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Walspring: 1:54am On Oct 12, 2014
Love this.. keep it up and God bless you..
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Carmal90(m): 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
I love this piece of advise
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by freshdude: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
@jarus whats the best way to answer this question.
What do you think will help you perform better.?
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by bidey4real(m): 3:16pm On Jan 02, 2015
Mr Jarus sir!

As you're contributing your effort to help people out there,may God Almighty also ease your way to the greater height.

My questns goes thus:
[1] Is it possible that an undergraduate student of Forest Resources Management(UI) with excellent CGP also benefit from scholarships?. Because,not seeing scholarship for agric-related course beat my heart.

[2] Is there any age restriction to scholarships for the Undergraduates and also for government jobs?

[3] kindly give us sir/ma,like 2 or 3 websites of effective scholarship board that a student of Forestry can apply to.

And lastly....
[4] Apart from government job,which other job can a graduate of Forest Resources Management apply for ?

Your response will assist alot. Thanks.....
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 02, 2015
bidey4real:
Mr Jarus sir!

As you're contributing your effort to help people out there,may God Almighty also ease your way to the greater height.

My questns goes thus:
[1] Is it possible that an undergraduate student of Forest Resources Management(UI) with excellent CGP also benefit from scholarships?. Because,not seeing scholarship for agric-related course beat my heart.

[2] Is there any age restriction to scholarships for the Undergraduates and also for government jobs?

[3] kindly give us sir/ma,like 2 or 3 websites of effective scholarship board that a student of Forestry can apply to.

And lastly....
[4] Apart from government job,which other job can a graduate of Forest Resources Management apply for ?

Your response will assist alot. Thanks.....

1 and 2, I don't think there is age restriction on undergraduate scholarships. However, there is course restriction in most. It's been a while I left school, so can't answer these questions effectively. Most oil companies that give restriction include Agriculture, but I don't know whether forestry is covered. But there are a number of scholarships, like government scholarships, that don't specify courses, just "students in certain level(s) with higher than X CGPA"

3, I don't know anything about scholarship websites. You can google that.

4, There are some research institutes that are not government-funded. A 2.1 in any course can also get you test invite in non-course-specifying companies like banks, professional services firms (KPMG, PwC etc) and some consulting firm, like Accenture. But most of these have age restriction, usually less than 26.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=Jarus post=29425543]

1 and 2, I don't think there is age restriction on undergraduate scholarships. However, there is course restriction in most. It's been a while I left school, so can't answer these questions effectively. Most oil companies that give restriction include Agriculture, but I don't know whether forestry is covered. But there are a number of scholarships, like government scholarships, that don't specify courses, just "students in certain level(s) with higher than X CGPA"

4, There are some research institutes that are not government-funded. A 2.1 in any course can also get you test invite in non-course-specifying companies like banks, professional services firms (KPMG, PwC etc) and some consulting firm, like Accenture. But most of these have age restriction, usually less than 26. [/quote)

nice response. you can check my signature to download (for free) an eBook on scholarships.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by bidey4real(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jarus:

4, There are some research institutes that are not government-funded. A 2.1 in any course can also get you test invite in non-course-specifying companies like banks, professional services firms (KPMG, PwC etc) and some consulting firm, like Accenture. But most of these have age restriction, usually less than 26.

Thanks alot sir! Ur response is a relief. Keep up doing your good work with a good intention,I believe that one day,you would be appreciated,if not by people,then by God.
Besides,I was the one that sent you text message yesterday refering you to my question on your post. JazakaLLAHU khaeran.

1 Like

Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Alexandroo(m): 9:32pm On Jan 24, 2016
Nice one
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by ultrazone(m): 10:04pm On Feb 21, 2016
ppp
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by xhebruski(m): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
Such a great article, I learnt a lot from it. In my search for possible interview questions and answers, I found this article containing 64 interview questions and how to answer them. You may as well read it by clicking http://www.howto-do.net/2016/04/some-job-interview-questions-and-answers.html
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Ibukunade(f): 1:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
Thanks. Love it
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Layowale: 9:50am On Mar 14, 2017
*Online Soap making Course*
'Soaping With Layo'
Distance is no longer a barrier.
*COURSE OUTLINE*
**The science of soap making.
**Soap terms and their meaning.
**How to make 4 different kind of soap: *bar soap,liquid soap,powder detergents,toilet bath soap*.
**How to make extra income from it
Apart from soap, we also have classes where you can learn over 40 products : *toilet wash(harpic),izal,body cream, bleach(hypo),vaseline, dettol, insecticide, air freshner, scouring powder(vim), hair shampoo, hair conditioner and many more.*
Venue: DEDICATED WHATSAPP GROUP
*This class is open to only super smart individuals * Hurry now and join the session.... get soapy*
*pm/ mail your number to layowale@gmail.com if you are serious and interested, let me add u to the group.
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by nasonaso: 10:13pm On Oct 11, 2017
ok good
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by Uhomanbulus110(f): 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lol
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by izuchukwu03: 7:57am On Oct 13, 2017
good write up it really prepares me
Re: Common Interview Questions And Answer Tips by montero4(m): 4:33am On Apr 24, 2018
This is really interesting and worthy appreciation. U too much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army / What My Younger Brother Did With Car Tires (Photos) / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.