Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son (2944 Views)

Dunamis Pastor’s Wife Bans Members From Hugging, Pecking In Church / Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Conversation Between An Atheist Professor And His Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by jidewin(m): 10:32am On Apr 03, 2013
Pope Francis is a hugger. And he's continuing to touch his followers, both literally and figuratively, in ways his predecessor never did. His humanity and humility were again on display on Easter Sunday when, working the crowd in St. Peter's Square from his popemobile, the pontiff reached out and embraced 8-year-old American Dominic Gondreau. The crowd lifted Dominic, who has cerebral palsy, out of his wheelchair, and Pope Francis kissed and blessed him, moving the boy's parents to tears. Dominic's father, Paul, a professor at Rhode Island's Providence College who is currently teaching in Rome, called the encounter "incredibly moving." His mom said it was "like a kiss from God."

http://now.msn.com/pope-francis-hugs-dominic-gondreau-disabled-boy-at-easter-mass?ocid=vt_fbmsnnow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sxIaWNftBmo#t=27s

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by jidewin(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2013
Seriously growing fond of this man.The first pope i would feel such for smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by TableLeg(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2013
jidewin: Seriously growing fond of this man.The first pope i would feel such for smiley
SMH ... That is how it starts ..... #Batty

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 03, 2013
lol.

What a humble MAN !!
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by jaymichael(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2013
JESUS healed the sick and the infirm. The so called "vicar of Christ" should be able to. Didn't JESUS promised us that greater works than that which he performed we can do, if we believe?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Heatblast(m): 12:19pm On Apr 03, 2013
^^^

so how many people have you healed because that bible passage isn't for the pope alone

2 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 1:54pm On Apr 03, 2013
jidewin: Pope Francis is a hugger. And he's continuing to touch his followers, both literally and figuratively, in ways his predecessor never did. His humanity and humility were again on display on Easter Sunday when, working the crowd in St. Peter's Square from his popemobile, the pontiff reached out and embraced 8-year-old American Dominic Gondreau. The crowd lifted Dominic, who has cerebral palsy, out of his wheelchair, and Pope Francis kissed and blessed him, moving the boy's parents to tears. Dominic's father, Paul, a professor at Rhode Island's Providence College who is currently teaching in Rome, called the encounter "incredibly moving." His mom said it was "like a kiss from God."

http://now.msn.com/pope-francis-hugs-dominic-gondreau-disabled-boy-at-easter-mass?ocid=vt_fbmsnnow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sxIaWNftBmo#t=27s

It was "like" a kiss from God but it was not a kiss from God. thanks. smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
When he was ordained a cardinal he gave out his limousine car, rejected mansion for a room apartment and cooks himself. He's jst a reflection of Jesus Christ's humility.

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2013
deebrain:

It was "like" a kiss from God but it was not a kiss from God. thanks. smiley cheesy
he's d representative of Jesus Christ.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
Chukskalidon:

He does represent Christ in any form or shape.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

He does represent Christ in any form or shape.
U were not told to believe that. U were meant to bliv it. So go and hug transformer with ur heretical insight. We all knw d truth.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by woky: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2013
i love the pope

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by vedaxcool(m): 6:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
Did the Pope clarify this action with frosbel before undertaking such action? I mean he should be sure that such an action is biblical by seeking frosbel "insight" into the bible!

This man (the pope) just enjoys frustrating frosbel by his every action! It is tiring lol grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 03, 2013
vedaxcool: Did the Pope clarify this action with frosbel before undertaking such action? I mean he should be sure that such an action is biblical by seeking frosbel "insight" into the bible!

This man (the pope) just enjoys frustrating frosbel by his every action! It is tiring lol grin grin grin

Mate , the Pope does not pay my bills, I simply point out anti-Christ when I see one smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by woky: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

Mate , the Pope does not pay my bills, I simply point out anti-Christ when I see one smiley
our holy father anti-christ May God hav mercy on u
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by amanda2013(f): 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

guy beta mind ur language. Ur I too knw is beginning to irritate me there is no difference btw u and boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 03, 2013
amanda2013: guy beta mind ur language. Ur I too knw is beginning to irritate me there is no difference btw u and boko haram.

Hi Sis.

Talking about Boko Haram, the Jihadists ( ISLAM ) and the Crusaders ( Catholicism ) are the ones who have been shedding blood for over a thousands years, all I have is my tongue and my Pen. smiley
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2013
woky: our holy father anti-christ May God hav mercy on u

Yes anti-Christ, quote me. cheesy

Only GOD is Holy Father. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by amanda2013(f): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2013
frosbel:

Yes anti-Christ, quote me. cheesy

Only GOD is Holy Father. smiley
the pope is far much more beta than a core critic like u. I wonda wat u believe in cos i knw u dnt believe in God since u said there is nthng like trinity. Pastor overdo

2 Likes

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Pygru: 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
amanda2013: guy beta mind ur language. Ur I too knw is beginning to irritate me there is no difference btw u and boko haram.
shocked
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by mumumugu(m): 11:37pm On Apr 03, 2013
A general overseer cant do this.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2013
Chukskalidon:

A representative or "The" representative? Because as christians, we are all representatives of christ.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Ubenedictus(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2013
deebrain:

A representative or "The" representative? Because as christians, we are all representatives of christ.
amen
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by shdemidemi(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2013
amanda2013: the pope is far much more beta than a core critic like u. I wonda wat u believe in cos i knw u dnt believe in God since u said there is nthng like trinity. Pastor overdo

What Frosbel believes does not matter.
The Bible has described the anti-Christ . He would be in the church and at the top of anything and everything we find worthy to worship. He will seat where only God should be seated and His followers would be condemned cos God would make them believe lies since they refuse to adhere to the true gospel of Christ. He who as ears HEAR.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by jidewin(m): 12:28pm On Apr 04, 2013
Table Leg :

You yab no be small grin.Jokes apart, this man is humble.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2013
Love unspeakable!

Only people who dont do charity work and do not go close to people with such a disability will not know how difficult it is to HUG them...even as simple as it sounds.

Most...or all of those criticizing the Pope fall in this category.

1 Like

Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by deebrain(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2013
italo: Love unspeakable!

Only people who dont do charity work and do not go close to people with such a disability will not know how difficult it is to HUG them...even as simple as it sounds.

Most...or all of those criticizing the Pope fall in this category.

What the pope has been doing since he came is very commendable. And i dont think right thinking people are criticizing him for his humble and good attitudes. What is the issue is some folks are gradually turning the honour done to the pope into worship of the pope. I stated earlier that the subjects family said the right thing by stating that the pope's kiss was "like a kiss from God" and before u know it, someone comes here to try to bring similarity between the pope and God.
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by Nobody: 2:28am On Apr 06, 2013
Table Leg :

omg..i'm so not gonna laugh. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin

you are so wrong for this!! grin grin
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 4:10am On Apr 06, 2013
How come he did not heal the child, like Jesus said that those could do if they believe? He did say they would do greater works...
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by FromGuiriga(m): 4:13am On Apr 06, 2013
Chukskalidon:
As a representative, how come he did not heal the child, like Jesus said that those could do if they believe? He did say they would do greater works...
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by ijawkid(m): 6:09am On Apr 06, 2013

Even Jesus was never refered to by the bolded......angry......
Re: Pope Renders U.S. Professor Speechless By Hugging His Disabled Son by italo: 6:17am On Apr 06, 2013
deebrain:

What the pope has been doing since he came is very commendable. And i dont think right thinking people are criticizing him for his humble and good attitudes. What is the issue is some folks are gradually turning the honour done to the pope into worship of the pope. I stated earlier that the subjects family said the right thing by stating that the pope's kiss was "like a kiss from God" and before u know it, someone comes here to try to bring similarity between the pope and God.

Oh...so now it is the Pope you will accuse us of worshiping...not just Mary, statues, rosaries, candles etc.

You sound like the Pharisees. The more Jesus went about doing good, the more they found one fault or the other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do U Believe Witches Exist? / Prophecy 2014 - Prophet Olaye George / Where Is Logicboy01?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.