Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,637 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 PM

Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? (6926 Views)

Video Tutorial : Download Free Makeup Tutorial For Black Women / Why Are Black Men Expected To Keep Their Hair Short? / Black Women Rocking Their Natural Hair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
I recently was at the library at my college studying. I saw a decent looking ghanian lady. I noticed that i have seen her several times in the last few weeks, always at the same time. She always glances at me and i feel like someone is looking at me, when i look up she quickly looks down and away.

I decided to go up to her to start a quick conversation. I ended up getting her number and quickly went back to my seat feeling awkward. After 10 minutes she got up and left. As she got up i noticed her amazing body. She had a great body, i must admit. Shortly after she left I left only minutes after her.

When I got home i decided to call her. She quickly showed signs of interest and decided to ask her out. Our first date was at a movie theatre, we decided to grab a bite of lunch at a local chinese restraunt. While we were eating she mentioned to me that she never dated a Somali man because she thought they were muslim and wouldnt date her. The conversation quickly changed to my appearance and ethnicity. The subject of the conversation for the rest of the meal revolved around my hair. She said i had really nice hair. This was news to me in that no somali girl ever told me that. I have always dated somali women but i guess my hair is typical for a somali and never really noticed it.

But after talking to this girl i realized that many africans have a deep inate hate for their natural hair. The girl herself had a fake long weave, which could easily be seen as fake no matter how far away you are. I told my sister what happened and she said i better break it off cause her eye might give me bad luck since she was admiring my looks, especially hair in an envious way.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by olatomiwa(f): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2013
AhhhHhhha! From one single date you were able to jump to all that conclusion?! Why are you telling us if you and your sister already came to that conclusion?
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2013
olatomiwa: AhhhHhhha! From one single date you were able to jump to all that conclusion?! Why are you telling us if you and your sister already came to that conclusion?

I just realized at that moment cause i was cringing in shame. It was almost like i kept this girl from having good hair. She made me feel guilty that my hair was like that. It was awkward.

No asians, arabs, whites ever told me i have nice hair. It was always black women, african americans, west africans that always said i had nice hair, funny thing is my hair is just average by somali standards its not even long, its just short and curly. I was even in a class sitting next to a somali girl and a black girl once on campus, and the black girl kept talking about the somali girls hair all day, to the point that somali chick felt annoyed.

I just think people should admire what they have, if you dont like you no one will like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Oohrhii(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
Someone admired you and you take that for a bad luck?

Go find someone that hates you then.SMH! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2013
Oohrhii: Someone admired you and you take that for a bad luck?

Go find someone that hates you then.SMH! undecided

please dont be so dismissive. This incident i write about happens daily not only to me but other somalis in this area i live which is largely somali.

I remeber my first time some black girl told me i had good hair. I was like wtf. Nothing wrong with admiring people but when it gets to the point where you put weaves one and put harmful chemicals in your hair to look like the standard beauty of whites than it is harmful.

I thing black people should appreciate what they have, everyone else in this world does.

Somali women who have long hair cover their hair for religous reasons, so it is possible to not fall for what the media portrays as beutiful.

Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 03, 2013
So after this long tale, what is Ur question
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2013
pDude: So after this long tale, what is Ur question

why black women into hair they dont have naturally?
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by KINGwax(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

why black women into hair they dont have naturally?
sorry, rephrase ur question, and don't forget the distinction of 'most' or 'some'.
I have met quite a number of ladies, my mum inclusive who dnt use artificial hair.
Not that it's religious, but they jes prefer their natural hair.
My sisters started carryin their natural hair 2yrs ago, i dnt knw wot changed their mind after using every weave-on their hands could grab!
But my girlfriend feels bad wen she's not with a weave! Too bad!
So, it's not all. Ok?
And those who do are riddled with nothing but inferiority complex!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2013
huh?..blak women hav soft hairs?? ...since when? angry
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:
huh?..blak women hav soft hairs?? ...since when? angry

reread what i said, i said black women care about soft hair, even thou they dont have it.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

reread what i said, i said black women care about soft hair, even thou they dont have it.

i read it 6 times & u said blak women hav soft hairs...They dont!! angry
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Imprida(f): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

i read it 6 times & u said blak women hav soft hairs...They dont!! angry
I have soft hair for your information
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 8:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imprida: I have soft hair for your information

lol, what kind of negress has soft hair?
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Imprida(f): 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

What did mean by soft hair?
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 8:57pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imprida: What did mean by soft hair?

u said u had soft hair? never saw a negress with soft hair unless she was biracial
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

White women have long smooth nice curly real hairs... Blak women dont hav hair angry
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imprida: What did mean by soft hair?

bro...u see wot am sayin...a blak woman who cannnut relate to soft hari undecided
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2013
Somalis, ethiopians, eritreans have nice hair.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Imprida(f): 9:00pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

White women have long smooth nice curly real hairs... Blak women dont hav hair angry
meaning angry
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Apr 03, 2013
My anus hair is sodt.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrsChima(f): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2013
My anus hair is soft.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
My anus hair is soft.

only because i have been stroking it with my c*ck,
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imprida: meaning angry

sweeery, i will giv u £4000, cash, if you remove yor wig and proof to me you gotz real hair! undecided
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrsChima(f): 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

only because i have been stroking it with my c*ck,

You got a coc R u sure?
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 9:07pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

You got a coc R u sure?

yes, i do.
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Imprida(f): 9:10pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

sweeery, i will giv u £4000, cash, if you remove yor wig and proof to me you gotz real hair! undecided
i dont need to prove anything, i do carry my natural hair most of the time
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
Imprida: i dont need to prove anything, i do carry my natural hair most of the time

sweeery u never been to London... How do u expect to hav looong hair?..which natural hair? nigerian made hair? undecided
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by Imprida(f): 10:24pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

sweeery u never been to London... How do u expect to hav looong hair?..which natural hair? nigerian made hair? undecided
Lol yes mine mum is nigerian
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2013
plz no flirting on my thread

unless the women are flirting with me. angry
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 10:39pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9: plz no flirting on my thread

unless the women are flirting with me. angry

huh.....bro aint u supose to be from Somali (noo oofeinsese)
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by somalia9: 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2013
Mr..Cork:

huh.....bro aint u supose to be from Somali (noo oofeinsese) undecided

non taken, yes i am a SOMALI
Re: Why Are Black Women Into Soft Hair So Much? by MrCork17: 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2013
somalia9:

non taken, yes i am a SOMALI

OK brO...WELCOME TO LAGOS!! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leather Craft Work For Beginners / How To Make Your Baby Girl Dresses Yourself! / American Dressing vs African Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.