Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

I Sold 200 Oga At The Top Shirts In 4 Hours -wole - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / I Sold 200 Oga At The Top Shirts In 4 Hours -wole (1217 Views)

Photos: Can You Buy Identical Dresses/Shirts In Different Colours? / Oga At The Top Fashion Pic / Check Out The New Clothes In Town "My Oga At Top Tshirt Is Out" (see Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Sold 200 Oga At The Top Shirts In 4 Hours -wole by lekanolas: 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2013
A classic example of how social media is affecting lifestyle choices happened a few weeks ago, when Nigerians went on different social media platforms to discuss the famous interview Channels Television, an urban TV station based in Lagos, held with the Lagos State Commander of Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Mr. Obafaiye Shem.

Ironically, while responding to questions about NSCDC’s website address, the state commander made reference to his Oga at the Top and the subsequent debacle around his answer including clips from the interview went viral online.

Social media backlash quickly followed this interview and the My Oga at the Top was an instant hit, adding to local parlance catch-phrases. The creative industry jumped on it and several entertainers tapped into the commercial aspect of the situation, using the viral catchphrase to produce music, T-shirts, short documentaries, funny quotes, graphics and more.

On the frontline of this innovative parlance is Chief Executive of Wa a Gba Clothier, Wole Shodipe-Dosunmu, who said the slogan has increased sales at Wa a Gba greatly while maintaining that more orders for T-Shirts carrying My Oga at the Top,’ inscription is the order of the day for his business. For Wole, the whole thing actually started as a joke on the social media. But it became financially rewarding when the idea to meet an instant need of so many clients came to him.

“You can’t imagine the sales I have made. It started around 12 noon on that day; I designed a specimen and used the picture as my BlackBerry display picture, immediately clients showed interest. At first, I sold more than 200 pieces in just four hours, after which they kept on ordering for more”.

The T-Shirt goes for a price of N5000 and the young clothier confessed that he has been able to make hundreds of thousands in sales. “I don’t know for how long the order for the shirt will last, but I have sold more than 600 pieces in just a few days. This is what I call good business and it is simply what every clothier desires”.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/i-sold-200-oga-at-the-top-shirts-in-4-hours-wole/

Re: I Sold 200 Oga At The Top Shirts In 4 Hours -wole by razznaija(f): 3:47am On Apr 09, 2013
Ehen so??

(1) (Reply)

Where To Buy Luxury Leather Goods For Men And Women In Abuja..with Delivery / Cream For Oily Skin / Avon Female Slippers/sandal Still On. From UK...N2000 Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.